Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

What game should I buy? (56 votes)

ME3 Citadel DLC & The Giana Sisters 7%
The Last of Us 63%
God of War: Ascension 2%
[Other] 29%

So, I'm not sure how, but Best Buy sent me a gift certificate for $40. I usually receive these because I do that Games Club thing, but they've been messing up my account for a little while now.

Anywho. I have $40 to spend, and so: I can buy The Last of Us and pay $24.86 out of pocket, because of taxes. Or should I buy like a PSN card thing and buy ME3 Citadel basically, and maybe The Giana Sisters. I know, most of you will just say: TLoU, but, I've been meaning to save a bunch of money for an Xbox ∞. There's still more games between now and then, and it looks like I'ma skip GTA V. I think., I might just keep the PS3 and get GTA next year, or even later with DLC.. Or is God of War good. Or!, is there something else I should buy altogether?!

#1 Posted by D_Bones (362 posts) -

If you have a backlog wait for a new well reviewed game (prob Last of Us). If not buy a couple of cheap games with your $40. But that is just my own thriftiness talking.

#2 Edited by Nightriff (4338 posts) -

Last of Us is the next console game I'm getting, looks like a solid purchase to me but what do I know

#3 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

a) It depends on your video gaming tastes, right?

b) I don't think anyone can safely recommend a game that is not out yet.

#4 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

Ohh. I can't edit this post full-edit this post apparently, because it has poll or something. Shitty glitch. ~ Anyway, my gift certificate expires June 22nd, so The Last of Us barely fits that. ~ I love doing multiplayer, so-o much. I loved alotta Battlefields, I was never very good at Uncharted 3 multi (but that didn't bother me.) and I got to like 1600 in ME3 multi. So yes, I like a game with multiplayer.

That LoU campaign seems neat, but ah, cool I guess.

And, I do have a back catalog. I also received another $20 gift certificate and I just bought the AC3 season pass. I have Dead Space 3, and I don't think I'ma play too-o much until semester ends anyway. [Le sigh.. : / ]

[I didn't wanna vote myself, but I can't see the results otherswise.. I voted Last of Us. Fuck, I'm against me..]

#5 Edited by Demoskinos (13849 posts) -

I think you should buy either Metal Gear Rising or Ni No Kuni. Both are fantastic!

#6 Posted by Miketakon (512 posts) -

Last of Us if you love America.

#7 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2812 posts) -

Oh man huge burn in this poll so far.

Isn't BioShock out soon? Buy that too.

#8 Edited by Snail (8468 posts) -

Hard to say, considering those latter two games aren't out yet.

#9 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

Preorder Bioshock Infinite! But I guess I'd also advocate doing sufficient research before plunking money down on a preorder.

#10 Posted by snowballingblood (52 posts) -

I'll probably be getting the Mass Effect DLC myself when the time comes but right now I'm actually still all the way back on ME2 nearish the end (I think), and have been successful in keeping myself in a spoiler-free bubble. Need to find the time to catch up on that.... ahhhhh.

#11 Posted by jacksmedulla (277 posts) -

@miketakon: What game should I get if I'm a Communist?

#12 Posted by Clonedzero (3719 posts) -

isnt the last of us still several months away?

#13 Edited by Miketakon (512 posts) -
#14 Posted by Pr1mus (3512 posts) -

The one you want to play.

#15 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

Oh man huge burn in this poll so far.

Isn't BioShock out soon? Buy that too.

Oh. Well, my friend is gonna buy Bioshock Infinite. [I'm a little weirded because, I don't think he's pre-ordered it, but I think he's just lazy. I'm his liaison to this videogame underground, and showed him the PS4 and now he's fucking excited for that.]

Oh, anyway, if he buys it I can just borrow it off of him, at some point, and he'll probably bring it to my house and we'll chill anyway.

#16 Posted by Zekhariah (694 posts) -

It is kind of tricky to make a suggestion; most of the time people are missing a better older title. I'd only bother with pre-ordering if there is a substantial incentive (like "save 20-30 dollars" not "here is a bit of plastic and free pay2win DLC"). But 40 dollars for DLC and a decentish indie platformer seems like a very raw value compared to The Last of Us.

Justifying a full price purchase of another God of War games seems really iffy to me, unless you really love that franchise....

#17 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out at the end of the month if you have a Wii U or 3DS.

#18 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

@jjor64: Mnah-ah. PS3 only. ~ I can't full-edit this post anymore, because it has a poll. Shitty glitch.

I'ma go to sleep wondering, "Who voted God of War?" In fact, its now 2 percent. I'll never know..