What game should i get?

Psykerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Psykerstar

I am getting a PS3 for Christmas this year and i cant decide between Resistance 2 Or Kill Zone 2  Or Unreal Tournament (for the online play I was told it was the best on the PS3)
I am looking for a game that is fun to play online and is the best shooter
So does any one know which is the better shooter or which one I should get?

Psykerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Psykerstar

I am getting a PS3 for Christmas this year and i cant decide between Resistance 2 Or Kill Zone 2  Or Unreal Tournament (for the online play I was told it was the best on the PS3)
I am looking for a game that is fun to play online and is the best shooter
So does any one know which is the better shooter or which one I should get?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Who told you online shooters were best on the- I mean, I hear KillZone is better than Resistance, but I won't know for sure until I pick up a PS3 early next year.
cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By cstrang

Uncharted 2.  But, of your options, Killzone 2.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

Of those I'd definitely pick up Killzone 2.  Resistance 1 might be worth picking up for the single player very cheap, but I didn't like R2 much at all.  UT3's community is dead and it's not a great Unreal game at all.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RaikohBlade

Uh, why not just look at trailers and read reviews? I am tired of all these threads made by people asking what they should get. Honestly, just do a little work and research each game.  Check out the game on Wikipedia, as there is usually a lot of info on major games on it. As for my opinion, I would say that Unreal Tournament is the worst of the three. I am going to bet the community has dwindled a lot since launch, for UT only reached its level of popularity on the PC. Plus, I hope you are not just jumping in and buying the sequels of games without playing the first game. Therefore, I would say go with Resistance 1. Then get Resistance 2. 

Psykerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Psykerstar
@TooWalrus: 
I have an X box but i dont want to spend the money on the wireless adapter and have a month fee so i am getting a PS3.
3 of my friends have them i like the system and free online doesn't hurt
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By dbz1995

I despise Unreal Tournament and Resistance 2 (although I thoroughly enjoyed the first one).
 KillZone 2, in my opinion, is a spectacular game that should be recognised as an extremely satisfying shooter. However, why not MW2?

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RaikohBlade
@dbz1995 said:
" I despise Unreal Tournament and Resistance 2 (although I thoroughly enjoyed the first one).  KillZone 2, in my opinion, is a spectacular game that should be recognised as an extremely satisfying shooter. However, why not MW2? "
From the looks of it he is not into military shooters, or else I would think he would consider MW2 due to its popularity.
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By sjschmidt93

Killzone. (Never played R2, but didn't like the first one)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 are both awesome shooters but Killzone edges it out just because of the sheer quality of atmosphere and feeling of shooting the weaponry, Unreal Tournament 3 which I own is an ok game if you like old school fast paced shooters.

Psykerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Psykerstar
@RaikohBlade said:
" @dbz1995 said:
" I despise Unreal Tournament and Resistance 2 (although I thoroughly enjoyed the first one).  KillZone 2, in my opinion, is a spectacular game that should be recognised as an extremely satisfying shooter. However, why not MW2? "
From the looks of it he is not into military shooters, or else I would think he would consider MW2 due to its popularity. "
True i like sci fi stuff better but the main reason is that i am bad at Call of Duty games
RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RaikohBlade
@Psykerstar said:
" @RaikohBlade said:
" @dbz1995 said:
From the looks of it he is not into military shooters, or else I would think he would consider MW2 due to its popularity. "
True i like sci fi stuff better but the main reason is that i am bad at Call of Duty games "
Don't worry about being bad at a game. It's all about the fun, and the more you play, the better you will become. 
Psykerstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Psykerstar
@Bucketdeth said:
" Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 are both awesome shooters but Killzone edges it out just because of the sheer quality of atmosphere and feeling of shooting the weaponry, Unreal Tournament 3 which I own is an ok game if you like old school fast paced shooters. "
I love the Old fast paced shooters. I have played Resistance about 5 times and did well online i reminded me of Unreal Tournament that is why i wanted to get it but i have only played Killzone 1 and while i was not horrible i did not finish the match in the top 5
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Psykerstar said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 are both awesome shooters but Killzone edges it out just because of the sheer quality of atmosphere and feeling of shooting the weaponry, Unreal Tournament 3 which I own is an ok game if you like old school fast paced shooters. "
I love the Old fast paced shooters. I have played Resistance about 5 times and did well online i reminded me of Unreal Tournament that is why i wanted to get it but i have only played Killzone 1 and while i was not horrible i did not finish the match in the top 5 "
If you like faced paced shooters then Resistance 2 is probably the game for you, Killzone 2 is a lot different and feels like your moving in slow motion compared to those games.