• 170 results
#1 Posted by BBOYS2231 (220 posts) -

Now that @patrickklepek has ended the Binding of Isaac, what game or roguelike would you like him to explore next?

#2 Posted by Veektarius (5033 posts) -

Nethack

#3 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1672 posts) -

@veektarius said:

Nethack

Nethack. EDIT: Or Slash 'em?

#4 Posted by Elvicerator (33 posts) -

Ditch roguelikes and do a playthrough of Revengeance on the hardest difficulty.

Or stick with roguelikes and play Teleglitch. Or Tower of Guns.

#5 Posted by VierasTalo (939 posts) -
#6 Posted by csl316 (9527 posts) -

Rogue.

#7 Posted by Grimmy616 (411 posts) -

Rogue Legacy

#8 Posted by mmgreenmms (24 posts) -

FTL

#9 Posted by Jadeskye (4368 posts) -
#10 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -

Rogue Legacy

He's already beaten it on a stream.

I also say Nethack, or another traditional Rogue-like game.

#11 Edited by Nodima (1301 posts) -

I'd much rather watch him compete for times in the Ground Zeroes Side Ops or SSS ranks in DmC or something. I'm just not very interested in these sorts of games he's been playing so far, but good on him for serving that audience.

#12 Posted by planetfunksquad (542 posts) -
#13 Posted by Shadow (4988 posts) -

He hasn't ended it. It's still going. Still though...Dungeons of Dredmor would be cool

#14 Edited by NEONBEAR (29 posts) -

watching someone play nethack is a pretty boring time.

#15 Posted by Brodehouse (10140 posts) -

Final Fantasy 6. Because I'm sure he'd find something objectionable about it, and that would make me crazy, and isn't that what's really important?

#16 Posted by OldGuy (1575 posts) -

Dwarf Fortress (with none of those wimpy graphics packages).

#17 Edited by AlexanderSheen (5111 posts) -

Whenever someone asks for a game title, my answer is always Stroker.

#18 Posted by Demoskinos (15188 posts) -

Wait he beat it today?

#19 Posted by MattyFTM (14434 posts) -

The new FTL update is due out next Thursday. It would be pretty awesome to see him play that.

Moderator Online
#20 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3052 posts) -

Maybe something from the back catalog of the past generation? How about Dead Space....the first one?

or...better yet!

Patrick should play all of the Call of Duty (PS3 or XB360) games in campaign mode on 'easy'. Then tell us which one had the best story/plot/narrative from the point of view of the modern eye. Like which ones he though would be better than other, but was surprised were worse.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Katawa Shoujo.

#22 Posted by BBOYS2231 (220 posts) -

I would love to see him play Nethack (never seen it before other than on UPF). Also La Mulana for my own selfish reasons as I've never played it and would like to play along with Patrick.

#23 Edited by Flappy (2360 posts) -

The answer is always Yakuza.

#24 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -
@oldguy said:

It won't be the same without Dave though.

Final Fantasy 6. Because I'm sure he'd find something objectionable about it, and that would make me crazy, and isn't that what's really important?

Do what it takes to perk yourself up.

#25 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1672 posts) -
@neonbear said:

watching someone play nethack is a pretty boring time.

eh, depends on the person. You might have said that about dwarf fortress and they made that work pretty well

#26 Posted by Steadying (1481 posts) -

Original Spelunky! I don't really care what he plays, though. I'd watch him play just about anything. :P

Also, I have to say, this is a very underwhelming ending to the series. I mean, isn't Isaac the " real " final boss and ending? I dunno, it just feels.....wrong to end it here.

#27 Posted by Milkman (17353 posts) -

Wait he beat it today?

He beat Satan. He knows there's more but it didn't sound like he was really that interested in beating the game six more times to get to The Chest.

#28 Posted by LTSmash (659 posts) -

@oldguy said:

Got my vote.

#29 Posted by 49th (2853 posts) -

La Mulana

#30 Posted by BisonHero (7085 posts) -

@elvicerator said:

Ditch roguelikes and do a playthrough of Revengeance on the hardest difficulty.

Or stick with roguelikes and play Teleglitch. Or Tower of Guns.

The skill expectation on Teleglitch is pretty high. By which I mean it is fucked. And you have to be so incredibly conservative with ammo and be a knife savant. I can't imagine Patrick having a great time with it.

#31 Posted by Wolfgame (884 posts) -

@brodehouse: I'm not gonna assume its through any inherent fault of my own, but I would be lying if I said that the first thing I thought about when I saw this topic was "What good game can I recommend?" it was instead "Can I narrow one down that he is unlikely to be offended by?"

On topic:

I think Brode is on to something recommending a JRPG, many good options exist in that regard and we don't exactly have a surplus of content for that genre on this site.

#32 Posted by mikey87144 (1807 posts) -

FTL

#33 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3509 posts) -

yeah just play FTL already, for fuck's sake.

It's so naturally episodic/exciting/interesting.

He should wait for the AE and play on hard, that'd be cash money.

#34 Posted by ajamafalous (12167 posts) -

La Mulana sounds like a good idea, but maybe too similar to what he's already been playing.

#35 Edited by Zevvion (2384 posts) -

Final Fantasy X HD. Because he loves JRPG's and grinding.

#36 Edited by BisonHero (7085 posts) -

Man, if he thought Binding of Isaac was a huge time sink that keeps him from other work for the site, he's going to be THRILLED by the pace of FTL.

#37 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

@zevvion said:

Final Fantasy X HD. Because he loves JRPG's and grinding.

Final Fantasy X-2 HD. Because I don't want to have to play through that game myself.

#38 Posted by Steadying (1481 posts) -

I really don't want him to play FTL, because I know that would cause me to become totally addicted to that game again......So yeah, if not original Spelunky, then definitely FTL.

#39 Posted by Roboculus92 (534 posts) -

I don't know why but for some reason I thought that he spent a lot more time with spelunky even though he ended up spending a similar amount of time with both games (a little over a month with spelunky from early jan to mid february and binding from late february to late march). Though I guess he did spend a lot more time playing spelunky off camera (he might have also spent more time talking about spelunky on other videos). Makes sense that he would move on now but I'm not sure what I'd like to watch him play. FTL does have some new content coming out next week but I"m not sure how entertaining it would be to watch that played daily.

#40 Edited by Kjebka (60 posts) -

As far as the modern friendly version of roguelike stuff goes FTL would be my favorite. I would love to see Dwarf Fortress adventure mode but I doubt it will happen. My favorite part of the feature he's been doing is the idea of being analytical and trying to get better, which I think could be a lot of fun with action games along the lines of what Platinum does, so I think it would be cool to branch out in that direction.

#41 Edited by Icicle7x3 (1206 posts) -

XCOM Enemy Within - Ironman Impossible

#42 Posted by freakin9 (1171 posts) -

Something where he dies all the time. Gleeful Patrick is a little rough to sit through. And no, I'm not saying I wish sadness on Patrick, it just makes for better viewing. So... wait, maybe I am.

#43 Posted by TekZero (2692 posts) -

Blade of Darkness.

http://www.gog.com/game/blade_of_darkness

#44 Edited by BisonHero (7085 posts) -

I do miss how sudden the deaths are in Spelunky.

Binding of Isaac and FTL kinda just grind you down and you can tell when you're so underpowered that you're probably going to lose the war of attrition. Most other roguelikes are also kinda like that.

#45 Posted by PimblyCharles (1648 posts) -

I was thinking of a few other games until I saw lots of duder's recommendations for FTL above. That sounds like it could be real fun.

#46 Edited by EuanDewar (5107 posts) -

I know you're probably saying this with a wink and a nod but I genuinely think this is a pretty good suggestion. I personally find it fascinating watching some people play XCOM. Any given play session is normally packed with crushing lows and soaring highs.

#47 Posted by Nodima (1301 posts) -

You know, considering Patrick's newfound zeal this past year for championing the other side of the argument, I really like that Final Fantasy X-2 idea. It'd be great to give that game the props it deserves as a game removed from all the goofy j-pop bits. It's every bit as fun as the first one with an extra dose of uppers.

#48 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1206 posts) -

@icicle7x3 said:

I know you're probably saying this with a wink and a nod but I genuinely think this is a pretty good suggestion. I personally find it fascinating watching some people play XCOM. Any given play session is normally packed with crushing lows and soaring highs.

I just want to see Patrick get to Newfoundland, that would make me happy.

#49 Posted by sub_o (913 posts) -

Revelations: Persona.

Mark dances crazy.

#50 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12138 posts) -

Any of the King's Field games. Not even joking. You like Dark Souls, Patrick? Play its spiritual predecessor.

Alternatively, if we're still focusing on roguelikelikelikes, I wouldn't mind him playing a game or two of OG spelunky before moving onto something like FTL.