Edited 1 year, 11 months ago

Poll: what game would you like to see as a theater film (78 votes)

Metal Gear series 26%
Black Ops 1 and 2 zombies 6%
Elder Scrolls series 9%
God of War series 9%
Assassin's Creed series 26%
Far Cry series 5%
Infamous series 19%
Watch Dogs 15%
Catherine 15%
Armored Core series 6%
Deus Ex 32%
Prototype series 5%
Dead Space series 15%
The Darkness series 10%
Orher 28%
#1 Edited by MikeJFlick (452 posts) -

Infamous, because it's the only one that could be any decent in my mind(in terms of the likely hood it wouldn't suck), the rest of the choices are pretty bad or don't need a movie because they are already great movies and don't need actors to convey them any better.

#2 Posted by AgnosticJesus (547 posts) -

I picked orher. I've been hoping for an Ikari Warriors movie ever since the original games release. I'm thinking this might finally be the year the project gets the green light.

#3 Edited by BigJeffrey (4890 posts) -

Halo Film more than anything else. Not the master chief but side story in the universe. Hell maybe even a origin story for the master chief, when he was kidnapped as a kid then cut up and genetically enhanced. I like the Halo universe ALOT.

Spartan Program from some Halo 4 Trailer

#4 Edited by BaneFireLord (3078 posts) -

I think a Metal Gear Solid movie could be super cool.

#5 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3179 posts) -

A theater film? Why not just say a film? Or a not direct-to-video movie? Anyway, Watch_Dogs I guess, since I haven't played it.

#6 Posted by Bwast (1376 posts) -

The Darkness directed by David Cronenberg.

#7 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

Infamous could be awesome if it was set up kind of like Chronicle. Not following Cole but some other random person who finds out that they're a Conduit.

#8 Posted by ACarter4 (5 posts) -

I think the original Black Ops Zombies storyline would be an interesting storyline for a film. Finding out about Dr.Richtofen and Dr.Maxis and how they were part of each map, especially the change on moon on who was the controller of the zombies, which partially continued in Black Ops II.

#9 Edited by Butler (399 posts) -

Full CGI Warcraft. I don't even follow the series anymore and stopped playing at 3 but goddamn those cutscenes.

@bwast said:

The Darkness directed by David Cronenberg.

Anything by Cronenberg. Long live the new flesh!

Halo Film more than anything else. Not the master chief but side story in the universe. Hell maybe even a origin story for the master chief, when he was kidnapped as a kid then cut up and genetically enhanced. I like the Halo universe ALOT.

Spartan Program from some Halo 4 Trailer

District 9 is your alternate reality Halo film. Sadly in this existence we will never get one.

#10 Edited by LackingSaint (1948 posts) -

It almost certainly would have to cut a lot out, but i'd love to see film interpretations of the Bioshock series.

#11 Posted by casper_ (914 posts) -

i think catherine could be kind of cool if it was directed by someone like michel gondry or someone else who had a good feel for surreal kind of stuff.

#12 Posted by WMoyer83 (710 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite. Directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Jon Hamm as Booker DeWitt, Tara Lynne Barr as Elizabeth, Jude Law and Nicole Kidman as the Lucinde Twins, Jeff Bridges as Cornelius Slate, and Kerry Washington as Daisy Fitzroy.

#13 Posted by raravicius (6 posts) -

thanks for the comments il take them into consideration when making and update on this topic

#14 Edited by AltonBrown (960 posts) -

Demon's Souls. Zero dialogue, just 1 and a half hours of horrible deaths. Directed by Duncan Jones.

#15 Posted by Clonedzero (4206 posts) -

@wmoyer83 said:

Bioshock Infinite. Directed by Christopher Nolan and starring Jon Hamm as Booker DeWitt, Tara Lynne Barr as Elizabeth, Jude Law and Nicole Kidman as the Lucinde Twins, Jeff Bridges as Cornelius Slate, and Kerry Washington as Daisy Fitzroy.

As i said eariler, I think Bioshock Infinite would have been a better movie than game, but damn, you got that cast pretty damn solid. Shit....hell i even agree with your chosen director.

#16 Posted by bemusedchunk (817 posts) -

Super Mario Bros.

#17 Edited by probablytuna (4060 posts) -

Assassin's Creed would be pretty cool. I actually want to check out the videos that edit the cutscenes of Assassin's Creed and ACII into full-length features.

#18 Edited by Tylea002 (2382 posts) -

A theater film you say? Well clearly, Orher is the only answer. I love the Orher games.

#19 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2031 posts) -

Other.

Soda Drinker Pro.

Starring Jeff Bridges. Or Gary Busey. Or whatever.

#20 Posted by Chocobodude3 (957 posts) -

A God of War movie directed by Zach Snyder and A Halo movie directed by Neill Blomkamp

#21 Posted by Sinusoidal (2080 posts) -

I voted Deus Ex, but I'd settle for a cyberpunk film of any ilk. I fear "The Matrix" and its abysmal sequels scared any respectable directors away from the genre. MOAR CYBERPUNK!!

#22 Edited by h0lgr (957 posts) -

Half-Life 1 and 2, from the eyes of the surrounding cast.

#23 Posted by StarvingGamer (8891 posts) -

A Catherine movie could be pretty cool psychological drama if you replaced the climbing bits with something more suitable.

#24 Edited by ProfessorEss (7647 posts) -

I voted for The Darkness for no other reason then Mr. Patton.

#25 Edited by PurpleMoustache (118 posts) -

Voted Deus Ex, but upon thought a Civ movie would be pretty cool. Kinda like the birth of a nation, and all the backstabbing and lies that it takes to get a nation to the top of the world. People love legal thrillers, like Argo, and stuff, why not a movie about a growing civilization?

#26 Posted by EpicSteve (6910 posts) -

I think the only game that would make a good movie is Halo. It has enough fiction for a 2 hour film but isn't up its own ass enough that anyone could probably go see it. Just an action Sci Fi movie. Forward Unto Dawn convinced me that would work.

#27 Edited by RedCricketChase (462 posts) -

I'd have to go with Infamous, if they got a solid, imaginative writer to flesh out the script a bit from where the game's story is at. Catherine is a close 2nd, though I'm sure it'll be one of the less popular choices ^_^