What games are in your back catalog?

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By limond

What games are in your back catalog? Do you think you will ever get to them? Does your back catalog get longer every year?

2015 for me is the year of the back catalog. My list is as follows

Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock, Bioshock 2, Bioshock 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Skyrim, FTL, Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Metro 2033, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Dragon Age: Origins (Replay), Dragon Age 2, Avadon: The Black Fortress, Braid, Fallout: New Vegas, Magicka, Psychonauts, Trine, Trine 2, The Banner Saga, Divinity: Original Sin, Fallout 3 (Replay), Hotline Miami, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Papers, Please, Roundabout, Shovelknight, The Stanley Parable, System Shock 2, This War of Mine, Valiant Hearts, Dead Space, Witcher 1, Witcher 2.

Forgot DS games. Bravely Default, Chrono Trigger, Fire Emblem: Awakening.

That is a lot of games. Many of them I started, played a few hours then quit. So far this year I've only managed to cross Mass Effect 1 from my back catalog. How about you?

Naked_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games in my back log are:
Metal Gear Rising
Batman Arkham Origins
The Last of Us
Wind Waker HD
Megaman 6,7,8

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Resident Evil 4

Darksiders 2

Devil May Cry 4

Fallout New Vegas

Hitman Absolution

Amnesia Machine for Pigs

Mind Path to Thalamus

Finishing Year Walk & The Novelist

Wind Waker HD

Finishing New Super Mario Bros

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Saints Row IV, and Goat Simulator have all been on my computer since Christmas, but I haven't put a minute into playing any of them. I spent most of my break playing Far Cry 4 and I'm just lazy when it comes to starting new video games.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All of them. ._.

BatmanBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By BatmanBatman

I have around 40 games between last gen and current gen. Some are:

Alien Isolation, Murdered Soul Suspect, The Evil Within, the new Sherlock Holmes etc. On last gen I got a bunch of things I bought later in its life cycle, like Jrpgs, all the Ratchet and Clank Future games, and some wii stuff. I won't count Steam because is insane.

My backlog is pretty intense.

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I actually wrote a somewhat lengthy blog a few weeks ago where my Most Anticipated Backlog Game of 2015 while also discussing a few other games that I hope to get to.

I have since however added some games not mentioned in the blog that I'm hoping to play sooner rather than later like Max Payne 3, Shadowrun Dragonfall, Gods Will Be Watching, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and too many more to name actually.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Every year I make a back log, and I trim off games from last year's list that I either beat or have decided to give up on. Usually, I stick around 25. That's appropriate to fill in the space. So, instead of listing that, I'll just say what I'm likely going to finish this year. I want to get through the entire Master Chief Collection before November, so hopefully that. Then, Super Metroid, Pikmin 3, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag, Deadcore, and Batman: Blackgate.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Justin258

A fuckload.

I'm not planning on finishing all of the games that I own these days - that would take years if I didn't buy any more games. I'd much rather just pick a few that I really want to finish and play all of the others intermittently or, well, not at all. When I was a kid, I thought it would be great to have games sitting around that I just hadn't touched yet because I have so many other games but now that I do have that, I find it a little unfulfilling. This year, I only want to buy games that I plan on at least playing a significant chunk of, if not finishing.

EDIT: So I just looked at my backlog and picked five games in it I'd like to finish this year:

• Divinity Original Sin
  • Dark Souls
  • Antichamber
  • Legend of Grimrock 2
  • The Banner Saga

That doesn't mean that I won't finish other games from my backlog this year, but I looked through my Steam list and I think all of those look the most interesting. I've already fired up Divinity and Grimrock a few times and I'm playing Dark Souls 1 right now.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whitegreyblack

Approximately 730 games. Not joking.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Approximately 730 games. Not joking.

You have one heck of a journey ahead of you.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Something like 200 games, but out of those, I'm only really interested in playing about a dozen. Currently working on Arkham Origins, MGS 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition. Also hoping to finish Dishonored, Sleeping Dogs and Witcher 2 at some point in the next few months.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm halfway through the first 4. The rest are yet to be touched.

• Far Cry 4
  • The Witcher 2
  • Shovel Knight
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Virtue's last reward
  • Transistor
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Alien Isolation
  • Half Life
  • System Shock 2
  • To the Moon
  • Valiant Hearts

I'd like to finish at least a few of these this year. Probably won't get to them all.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#15 fisk0  Moderator

About 1600 games, I think. I usually get around to finishing 1-2 games a year.

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By discomposure

Are these games you own or want to get? I have quite a few I want to buy from the previous 2 gens, probably over 70 games aha so I'm going to have to be strict and limit how many I buy, I'm thinking unless I find a ridiculously good deal I'm going to buy no more than 1 of these games for every 2 games I finish until my backlog is pretty much gone. It helps that I have hardly any money atm.

I won't finish a game if I'm not enjoying it though, I'm totally fine with that as long as I feel I've given the game a fair chance.

My owned backlog (just last gen and 3ds, no real order) :

• Two Worlds 2 (currently playing)
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby (currently playing)
  • Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (near the end, will finish it after I'm done with Pokemon)
  • Heavy Rain
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Darksiders
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • LoZ Twilight Princess / Spirit Tracks / Phantom Hourglass (yeah I've never actually finished a Zelda game!
  • Okami (I'm riiiight near the end I think)
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Demon's Souls
  • Dark Souls (I go through phases with the souls games, plus I kinda suck at them so progress is slow but I do enjoy them)
  • Saints Row 3
  • Dead Space 2
  • Rayman Origins
  • Infamous
  • Bioshock 2
  • Little Big Planet
  • Assassin's Creed (maybe)
  • Assassin's Creed 2
  • Fable 2
  • Fable Anniversary
  • The Witcher 2
  • Dragonquest 9
  • 999 Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
  • Final Fantasy 13 (maybe)

To complicate matters I joined Steam in the Winter Sale and picked up like 17 games, mostly smaller indies, but I'm not including these on my backlog yet since my laptops a bit messed atm.
Not sure how many I'll finish this year, probably atleast 12 of them, maybe more.

zrais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More than I want to think about. I buy too many games and finish too few. I decided that this year I would change all of that. I've already finished 2 games that were in my back catalog (Southpark and Wolfenstein) and will be starting on Transistor next.

I have a lofty goal (when you have kids, any gaming goal is lofty) of finishing 20 games in my back catalog this year. Here is hoping that I actually do it..