• 180 results
#1 Posted by NTM (7038 posts) -

I haven't played games in a few days now, I want to go back and get through Mass Effect 3 on Insanity since I'm almost done with it, but I just never have. I think I may do so in about an hour, maybe less. So what about you? What are you playing? Still playing Mass Effect 3? Never played it, or have you moved on from that already?

#2 Posted by Milkman (16238 posts) -

I'm playing Mass Effect 3 because that seems like something I should do.

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and The Witcher 2 on it's super hard difficulty. 
Dying because of a bug in a cutscene that triggers before a fight is over and having your saves deleted because of it when you're over half the way through the game is sooo much fun

#4 Edited by krazy_kyle (716 posts) -

Nothing, because not a single damn decent game has come out since Skyrim and I'm still playing Skyrim and slowly getting tired of it. I'm waiting for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Max Payne 3 and Trials Evolution. If any of them suck I am going to RAAAAAGEE!!!

EDIT: How the hell could I forget CS:GO!!??

#5 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

SFxT because I'm finally getting good at it, and Super Mario All Stars, for which I need no reason.

#6 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, because life demands so. And I pop Jamestown once in a while to get frustrated. It's like I'm doing in purpose.

#7 Posted by Zurgfrog (153 posts) -

Armor core 5 as well as Persona 3 portable on my vita cause hell if I'm going to play actual vita games on that thing

#8 Posted by M_Shini (548 posts) -

Persona 3 Portable as well as the occasional ME3

#9 Edited by Venatio (4485 posts) -

Saint's Row The Third because it's fucking awesome, seriously the most fun I've had with a game in years. I can understand all the attention it got from GB

Oh and I'm slowly making my way through Mass Effect 3, also fucking awesome, atleast so far. Playing it to stop the Reapers ofc

#10 Posted by Quemador (162 posts) -

Games that i wish i could play ? Mass effect 3, i have the damn game, but dont have time to play it... having a life sucks

#11 Posted by ThunderSlash (1374 posts) -

Replaying Apollo Justice because it's been 5 years since I've played the whole Ace Attorney series. Also going through No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise and Ultima VII: The Black Gate on the side.

#12 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

I'm playing AC: Brotherhood to finally finish it, but I'm not sure if I should play Revelations. I liked the first AC best and while AC II was still fun, Brotherhood was kinda meh. So I'm not too excited to play Revelations at all.

I think I'll play Darksiders, I bought it when it was cheap a few months ago but never played it, same with Silent Hill: Homecoming. I'm not too particularly interested in these games, but they were an impulsive buy and I forbid myself to buy new games until I've played through the ones I have...

#13 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -

I just remembered that even though I thought the ending was overplayed to hell, I absolutely loved Red Dead Redemption.

Once I'm done with studying for the day I'm going to go blow Edgars head off (literally stopped playing moments before the end and never picked it up again) and start a new game.

Can't wait.

#14 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Playing through Darksiders because why not.

#15 Edited by X19 (2304 posts) -

Uncharted 3 multiplayer for life until someone makes a better 3rd person shooter. I'm looking at you  Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and Max Payne 3.

#16 Posted by Quemador (162 posts) -

@Hizang: I kind of want to play darksiders for the story, should i play on normal or easy?

#17 Posted by Yummylee (20627 posts) -

Silent Hill Downpour. Because it's brilliant.

#18 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

@Quemador said:

@Hizang: I kind of want to play darksiders for the story, should i play on normal or easy?

I don't think I have ever died and I'm playing on normal, the difficulty on that game comes from the puzzles not from the combat.

#19 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3479 posts) -

Having finished Yesterday today, I am not currently playing any video game. It's looking a little bleakly barren for a little while on the gaming front... Hell, I'll probably play Downpour and--now that the high-definition option is available--Silent Hill 3.

#20 Posted by Yummylee (20627 posts) -

@Hizang said:

@Quemador said:

I don't think I have ever died and I'm playing on normal, the difficulty on that game comes from the puzzles not from the combat.

I played Darksiders on Apocalyptic from the get go and it wasn't very difficult either. Not trying to boast; just reaffirming that yeah, the combat isn't particularly difficult. Fun all the same mind you.

#21 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3479 posts) -

@Abyssfull said:

Is the combat as poor as it looks in the quicklook? And if it is, will it noticeably hinder my enjoyment of the game? To be somewhat lucid: Can I just play the game on easy like I did on SH2 and absorb the game's atmosphere without the game forcing me into enervating combat scenarios (fuck you, Homecoming!)?

#22 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, World of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings Online.

#23 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -
@Quemador said:

I've never died once in Darksiders and I played my first time through on Normal, then another playthrough on Apocalyptic. Can't imagine you'll have much fun with Easy, honestly.
#24 Edited by Yummylee (20627 posts) -

@mylifeforAiur said:

@Abyssfull said:

Is the combat as poor as it looks in the quicklook? And if it is, will it noticeably hinder my enjoyment of the game? To be somewhat lucid: Can I just play the game on easy like I did on SH2 and absorb the game's atmosphere without the game forcing me into enervating combat scenarios (fuck you, Homecoming!)?

The combat is pretty poor... but it's also very easy to avoid it altogether. Facing off against a single enemy hasn't been very arduous either, as long as you can time your attacks right. Though of course it still isn't particularly fun. Playing on normal mode it's still been pretty easy thus far, as Murphy is surprisingly durable and withstand a lot of damage. There aren't many moments that force you to fight, but I've read in reviews that during the last segment, it does exactly that, which doesn't sound appealing.

Overall, what Downpour makes up for with its combat is the exploration. It's so engaging to explore the town and enter buildings and find files and mysteries and all sorts. Downpour can be a pretty long game if you let it; I've hit 9 hours now and I'm probably still early on in the story I think. What I should especially note is that's actually scary as well. There was one moment fairly early on that had me instinctively shouting out loud out of fright. The atmosphere is brilliant across the board, the other world sections are incredibly intense, Silent Hill in the rain looks hauntingly beautiful, the way you open doors--as in you control how far you open the door in first person--is a great mechanic at building up the tension, and there's even some camera angles in here. Though don't worry if that actually turns you off, it's very rare and only used for specific rooms during certain sections; no combat or anything. Silent Hill is still as foggy as ever too, and the much more open nature of the town allows for a lot more unpredictability; always make sure to a keep close eye behind you to say the least.

The combat may be pretty poor, but it's still functional for the most part. Just remember to press in L2/RT should you decide to fight to have a much better perspective. Playing on easy mode is still acceptable, though, given the combat is easily one of the weaker aspects (that, unfortunately along with the framerate which is dire in some scenarios), but normal mode hasn't proven to be very difficult thus far.

#25 Posted by JoeyRavn (4889 posts) -
#26 Posted by artgarcrunkle (971 posts) -

Started playing Legend of Legaia because nostalgia or something.

Playing League of Legends and Dota 2 because I hate myself and hate fun I guess.

#27 Edited by Unchained (1080 posts) -

I'm still playing Skyrim. I have been pretty steadily since it was released. I don't even want to look at how many hours I've put into it. I really like it and I've always been a fantasy geek, so it scratches me right where I itch. 

I've also been playing God of War: Origins collection. I love it. I've always loved the God of War series and I haven't gotten around to playing these games until now. I'm really enjoying them.

I'll replay Witcher 2 once the Enhanced Edition is released on PC. These will probably be the only things on my playlist until Diablo III is released.

#28 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2712 posts) -

God Hand. It's awesome.

#29 Posted by A_Dog (743 posts) -

I just bought Journey, and the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection so I'll try to play them soon, but I'm still playing Mass Effect 3 with Fifa or Football Manager on the side.

#30 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

I was playing SSX but I just got all the achievements for it so now I'm going to play Los Angeles Noire.

#31 Posted by Giefcookie (575 posts) -

Almost done with Persona 3 Portable on my Vita, looking to start Valkyria Chronicles 2 this weekend. Trying to learn how to play Tribes Ascend, but not having played a competetive FPS since Unreal Tournament its pretty draining.

I'm hoping my PS3 will finish this Shadow of the Colossus download soon, itching to play that with more than 15fps. For those who didn't pick up the ICO+SotC HD pack, you can buy them separately on psn at the moment, atleast on EU. Can't remember the price but its somewhere in the 12€ range per game.

#32 Posted by UitDeToekomst (662 posts) -

I'm actually playing Borderlands right now, having finished ME3 and Reckoning and awaiting the release of Witcher 2. Borderlands was on the top of my backlog list and, man, I am really enjoying it, despite the fact that I usually quite dislike games from first person perspective.

#33 Posted by Galiant (2164 posts) -
@Abyssfull

Yeah! Same here.
#34 Posted by Dogma (942 posts) -

I played Mass Effect 3 intensly for a while but now I have had a week long pause because of different reasons but that is the game I play because I want to see this series to the end. At the same time I play Silent Hill Downpour because I have to know what state this franchise is in since I have to record a podcast about the series next week for my game site, and for the same site I also playing Ridge Racer Unbounded so I can record video and write something about that game too. I also played snippets of Ninja Gaiden 3 and Resident Evil Operation Racoon City for video purposes.

I would like to add that I watched my girlfriend play Journey last weekend and that was a fun experience to see her reactions and to watch the game knowing stuff in advance this time. So yeah... quite a lot of multitasking going on right now.

#35 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -

League of Legends - 6 of my friends started to play

#36 Edited by Gatehouse (486 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, as a find it really quite fun, but I'll probably rent Syndicate soon and have a blast on that.

#37 Posted by MEATBALL (2803 posts) -

Still rolling with Mass Effect 3, in the middle of my second playthrough with my second character brought up from ME1 to ME2 to ME3 along with some multiplayer on the side. I'm really happy with how the game turned out to be honest. Bought Yesterday last night and finished that pretty soon after, the story was really enjoyable.

#38 Posted by therealminime (225 posts) -

Finishing off Forza 4, and I just started with Assassin's Creed Revelations and Rayman Origins. I kinda missed those three games last fall, and I wanted to play all of them, so I am. Loved Forza 4, it was my first time with a Forza games. AC:R seems to be pretty solid, although I only played about an hour of it. And Rayman: Origins is absolutely awesome, the visuals, the music, and the platforming are unbelievably good.

#39 Posted by samcroft90 (90 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer

Street Fighter x Tekken arcade mode

Inspired by the TNT I restarted Burnout Paradise

#40 Posted by MikkaQ (10228 posts) -

Not much right now. Year's been pretty empty (and bland) compared to last.

Guess I could play more SSX. Been dabbling in Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS, also toying with Persona 4 and Final Fantasy 12.

I'm pretty bummed I don't have a go-to game right now.

#41 Edited by sawtooth (412 posts) -

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey because after finishing Persona 3 Portable I needed another fix.

Waiting on Xenoblade Chronicles.

#42 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

WWE All Stars. I got it used. It also has the cheapest DLC ever. Totally worth it.

#43 Posted by InfiniteSpark (285 posts) -

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - New DS game keeping me busy during my train commutes to/from work.

Forza Motorsport 4 - Slowly progressing through the numerous events in the event list.

#44 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

Project Gotham Racing 4 and intermittently playing Skyrim.

#45 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1784 posts) -

I'm playing Alan Wake.

#46 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5122 posts) -

SSX

MW3

Gears 3

#47 Posted by plaintomato (598 posts) -

Still Dark Souls because I can't stop.

I'm counting on Max Payne to break me out...but...PC release of Dark Souls, or DLC? Just when I see a way out they pull me right back in.

#48 Posted by evanomeara (78 posts) -

Playing a bit of everything until The Witcher 2 comes out on 360

#49 Posted by Murdouken (707 posts) -

I am currently playing:

Medal of Honor: Airborne - I have no idea why.

Trine 2 - It was on sale

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - I have no idea why.

Split/Second - The Ridge Racer Unbounded stuff reminded me that I need to play this.

Trackmania 2 - Why would you ever not be playing Trackmania.

Far Cry 2 - I have no idea why.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Because beta.

#50 Edited by GunstarRed (4749 posts) -

Asura's Wrath. I finished it last night , but I need to go back and get some S ranks to see the true-yet-not-true ending. Why? you get to punch elephants in it.