• 120 results
#51 Posted by stryker1121 (1323 posts) -

I don't care much about finishing games before the end of the year, but I would like to get into some Far Cry 3 some time this month. However, I've got a few games on the go right now, all of them good - Dishonored, Torchlight 2 and The Walking Dead.

TWD is living up to the hype. Gameplay is limited, of course, but the writing and voice work are excellent. Play it now, people. Play it now!

#52 Posted by pyromagnestir (4195 posts) -
#53 Posted by Oombalan (79 posts) -

I have yet to complete Assassin Creed 3 and RE6, after these I have BLOPS2, Far Cry 3, XCOM, Sleeping Dogs, Journey, Mark of the Ninja, ME3 and NSMBU. That will do me for 2012

#54 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs, Diablo III, Spec Ops: The Line, Far Cry 3 and Hitman: Absolution. Not sure if I'll have those last two done considering I haven't bought them yet, but I suppose we'll see. Knee-deep in Halo 4 right now.

#55 Posted by Mento (2413 posts) -

Renting Far Cry 3 after this Desura thing is done. If I don't get any 2012 games for Xmas (which'll take priority), I might buy myself X-COM and play some of that before committing to a GOTY list.

#56 Posted by YOU_DIED (702 posts) -

@MonetaryDread said:

@YOU_DIED said:

None, GOTY discussions are lame and only promote arguments over things that can't really be compared to one another

Yeah, but there is the welcome side effect of receiving twenty hours of bombcast to digest.

I didn't even listen to last years because I heard there was a lot of petty arguing, and that Jeff and Brad got pissed at each other

#57 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3719 posts) -

I need to finish Walking Dead episodes 4 and 5 and pick up Far Cry 3. I also want to play Dust.

I was about 14 hours into Assassin's Creed III and I accidently hit X on the game save menu and DELETED MY GAME. There is no "are you sure?" prompt for this. I'm a big fan of the series and was enjoying the game but I don't know what I'm going to do now. I don't want to play through that 4 hour prologue plus the rest (I had been digging deep on side content). Seriously, fuck whoever decided to have a one button save game delete and no prompt to confirm it. Complete bullshit.

I'm not sure if I will but I would like to play Spec Ops to see what the story is like because that will almost certainly be spoiled by the GOTY podcast.

EDIT: Also need to finish Dragons Dogma and Dishonored. Petered out at the end of both of those games for various reasons.

#58 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3759 posts) -

Walking Dead, Mass Effect 3, Mark of the Ninja and Dust are all on my must finish list.

#59 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

I'm trying to beat Sleeping Dogs, The Book of Unwritten Tales, and Binary Domain before the GOTY discussions.

@Kiri90 said:

I'm currently working my way through Dishonored, and have about 50% of the game completed.

Here's my list after Dishonored:

1. Sleeping Dogs (5% played)

2. Hitman Absolution (Not yet played)

3. The Walking Dead (Ep. 1 and 2 played)

4. Xcom: Enemy Unknown (10% played)

5. Mark of the Ninja (Not yet played)

6. Syndicate (Not yet played)

7. Torchlight 2 (20% played)

Saints Row: The Third and Borderlands 2 (completed) have been sidetracking me lately, but I'd still like to complete at least a few of the games for the discussions in about 3 weeks. So, what games are you guys trying to finish before the GOTY stuff?

If you have to pick and choose from your list I would skip Syndicate. Its cool but it didn't come close to the other games on your list that I played.

#60 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3719 posts) -

@Metric_Outlaw said:

If you have to pick and choose from your list I would skip Syndicate. Its cool but it didn't come close to the other games on your list that I played.

To be fair I didn't play the co-op more than for a little bit, but I didn't see what was so great about that briefly and I thought the campaign straight up sucked. Aside from the act of shooting I didn't like any of it, though there was some cool ideas with how it used UI (but in the gameplay it was annoying).

I don't get Jeff's love for that game at all.

#61 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -

Gotta finish

• Assassin's Creed 3
  • The Walking Dead (ep. 4&5).
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Borderlands 2
  • The Last Story(probably not)
  • Xenoblade(definitely not)

I do want to give XCOM a shot, and Black Ops is coming in the mail soon. Also have to get Mark of the Ninja and Dust. Maybe Far Cry 3.

#62 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6037 posts) -

Before I do my own awards thingie at the end of the month, I'd like to at least get through Sleeping Dogs and Torchlight 2. We will see how that goes. There are a few games from years past I'm playing through too, like Sly Cooper 1-3 and Modern Warfare 3, but I'm not sure if I'll include those in my lists or not.

#63 Posted by envane (1159 posts) -

would like to play sleeping dogs but i dunno when ill get round to it , dishonored i stopped 1/3 into , and i neeeed to play walking dead before everythings been spoiled eheh.

#64 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2283 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3, and Episode 5 of The Walking Dead.

#65 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

Mass Effect 3

#66 Posted by beard_of_zeus (1660 posts) -

I got Spec Ops over Black Friday for $15, so I'm playing through that now, luckily it doesn't seem too long; I've gotten to the big turning point of the story after 2 or 3 hours. More hooked by the game than I expected. Figured it might come up during discussions, plus I was interested in checking out the story anyways.

Other than that, still playing through AC3 (people were not kidding about it being a sloooooow burn :/), and about halfway through the Halo 4 campaign.

#67 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5124 posts) -

I still have to play Far Cry 3,and Halo 4.I'm 2/3 the way with Hitman,about 1/3 with AC3,and finally The Walking Dead Eps. 4 and 5.Phweeew.

#68 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

Far Cry 3, Dishonoured, XCOM, SSX.

#69 Edited by Kiri90 (256 posts) -

@Metric_Outlaw: That sounds like a good recommendation. From the games that you're playing, I've beaten Binary Domain. I LOVED that game! It doesn't do anything spectacular in terms of gameplay, but the narrative in that game is certainly worth your time (in my opinion).

@ArtisanBreads: Jeff's repeated praise for that game, along with the cyberpunk setting, is what really peaked my interest in Syndicate.

@TheManWithNoPlan said:

I still have to play Far Cry 3,and Halo 4.I'm 2/3 the way with Hitman,about 1/3 with AC3,and finally The Walking Dead Eps. 4 and 5.Phweeew.

Any thoughts on your time with Hitman so far? I also want to play Far Cry 3, but I have feeling that I'm not going to be able to fit it into this year.

#70 Posted by DarkFury (369 posts) -

I've been doing a blog here on GB for over a month as I rundown my GOTY contenders. Here's what is left to finish, though, before I can pass final comment on them:

• ZombiU
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Far Cry 3
  • NSMBU
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Darksiders 2
#71 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1316 posts) -

Besides current games that I'm getting through now like Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 I've played all the other games, it's not too hard when you have a shitty life and devote almost all your none work time to time on your computer in an effort to ignore your life.

:)

#72 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3719 posts) -

@Kiri90 said:

@ArtisanBreads: Jeff's repeated praise for that game, along with the cyberpunk setting, is what really peaked my interest in Syndicate.

You should try the demo and look into the co-op. Unless the basic mechanics really do it for you and what you see of the co-op looks like it does as well, don't bother. As I said I think the campaign's story is quite bad and the setting isn't really that interesting either. It's not the cyberpunk that I love of the 80's/90's and instead is a more modern sleek version that is just pretty lackluster.

#73 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

@Kiri90: No problem, I just got done playing Spec Ops before I started playing Binary Domain so the combat seems pretty good lol.

#74 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Sleepy Dawgz and Far Cry 3.

#75 Posted by MightyDuck (1490 posts) -

Trying to make it through both AC3 and XCom. I picked up both on Black Friday.

#76 Edited by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

There are more games I started and haven't finished, and even more I haven't even opened yet (thanks to Black Friday/Cyber Monday) but I condensed it down to a list here (with descriptions), of games in which I think I can get through in the next month. Excluding some racing games, and In Order:

• Sleeping Dogs - (Finished)
  • Spec Ops: The Line (A few missions in)
  • Binary Domain (Not Yet Played)
  • Black Ops II - Campaign (Level 38 in Multiplayer, maybe 3 missions in campaign)
  • Hotline Miami (maybe 50%? I play a few missions every few days)
  • Dust: An Elysian Tail (Not yet purchased)
  • Mark of the Ninja (Not yet purchased)
  • Asura's Wrath (A few episodes in)
  • Fez (Not yet owned)
  • Mass Effect 3 (probably won't get to it, maybe 8 hours in?)
  • Borderlands 2 (probably won't, 10 hours in, too many games to play)
  • Torchlight II (a few levels in)
#77 Posted by HistoryInRust (6267 posts) -

I finished The Walking Dead. That (and Halo 4, to a lesser extent) were the two games I really needed to play. Not that I don't think there are other games out there of equal or greater quality. But money is tight and time is scarce. So I'll ride out this wave of Game of the Year ceremonies and cherrypick what from this year I want to play when price drops roll around.

#78 Posted by Kiri90 (256 posts) -

@Metric_Outlaw: Haha, well I guess the game could turn out being more than "Saweeeeeet" to you. ;)

@gla55jAw said:

There are more games I started and haven't finished, and even more I haven't even opened yet (thanks to Black Friday/Cyber Monday) but I condensed it down to a list here (with descriptions), of games in which I think I can get through in the next month. Excluding some racing games, and In Order:

• Black Ops II - Campaign (Level 38 in Multiplayer, maybe 3 missions in campaign)
  • Fez (Not yet owned)

That's a nice list you have there. I'm interested in checking out Dust: An Elysian Tail from hearing Brad talk about it so much, so hopefully I can pick it up after I've knocked some of my games out. I'm about 90% through Dishonored now, so The Walking Dead and Sleeping Dogs are coming up sooner than I thought.

#79 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

@Kiri90 said:

@Metric_Outlaw: Haha, well I guess the game could turn out being more than "Saweeeeeet" to you. ;)

@gla55jAw said:

• Fez (Not yet owned)

That's a nice list you have there. I'm interested in checking out Dust: An Elysian Tail from hearing Brad talk about it so much, so hopefully I can pick it up after I've knocked some of my games out. I'm about 90% through Dishonored now, so The Walking Dead and Sleeping Dogs are coming up sooner than I thought.

Yeah, I haven't had much time for games lately, and these seem like the best to go through in a short amount of time. Brad talking about Dust so much is the same reason why I want to also, plus I just watched the Quick Look, and it does look great.

As for the Walking Dead and Sleeping Dogs, those right now, are both my top GOTY contenders. I would say, maybe play an episode or 2 of The Walking Dead then give it a day or two before you go back and do another and so on. You might enjoy it more after you let things sink in. As for Sleeping Dogs, I don't think I've completed an open world game like that since GTA3. The story is awesome and it's just a fun game.

#80 Posted by brownsfantb (389 posts) -

A whole lot of games (Syndicate, Darksiders 2, Halo 4, Forza Horizon, Hotline Miami, Mark of the Ninja, Dust, Binary Domain, Spec Ops, and probably some other stuff). But, with my school schedule the way it is for the next two weeks, I'd be lucky to play anything let alone finish a bunch of games.

#81 Posted by BeachThunder (11636 posts) -
#82 Posted by dungbootle (2454 posts) -

Going through The Walking Dead at the moment, ep 2 complete as of this post

#83 Posted by Kiri90 (256 posts) -

@gla55jAw: That sounds like good advice to me. I've already played the first 2 episodes of The Walking Dead (a few months ago), so I think I'll just try to play an episode every 3-4 days or something. Sleeping Dogs, from my limited time with it so far, is a superb game. Looks like I have some treats ahead of me!

@brownsfantb: I also have Halo 4 and Forza Horizon ($15 during BF, woohoo), but don't think I'll get back over to my 360 until I play these other story-based games on my list first. Halo has mainly been for multiplayer for me, but that box of Forza Horizon (along with the opening of the Quick Look) are tempting me. ;)

#84 Posted by gla55jAw (2685 posts) -

@Kiri90 said:

@gla55jAw: That sounds like good advice to me. I've already played the first 2 episodes of The Walking Dead (a few months ago), so I think I'll just try to play an episode every 3-4 days or something. Sleeping Dogs, from my limited time with it so far, is a superb game. Looks like I have some treats ahead of me!

@brownsfantb: I also have Halo 4 and Forza Horizon ($15 during BF, woohoo), but don't think I'll get back over to my 360 until I play these other story-based games on my list first. Halo has mainly been for multiplayer for me, but that box of Forza Horizon (along with the opening of the Quick Look) are tempting me. ;)

I have the same problem with Forza Horizon. I want to play more of it and NFS MW, but I need to play the story based games first. Enjoy The Walking Dead and Sleeping Dogs though.

#85 Posted by Kiri90 (256 posts) -

@gla55jAw: Yep, those racing games.

I will enjoy them, good luck with your list. I'll check your blog and see your updates.

#86 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5796 posts) -

I want to get through Virtue's Last Reward at least once.

and probably Far Cry 3.

#87 Posted by wemibelec90 (1494 posts) -

Out of this year's games, The Walking Dead and Spec Ops: The Line are probably the two I would be most worried about, story-wise. I played through TWD as it was released and just finished Spec Ops a few weeks ago. I could play a few things like ACIII and Far Cry 3, but I don't think I care enough to rush those. Story isn't everything for those games.

#88 Posted by Vextroid (1354 posts) -

Walking Dead, Far Cry 3 and Mark Of The Ninja

#89 Posted by TheHT (10796 posts) -

Fuck me, Syndicate was this year? Geez.

Nothing. If it didn't interest me enough to play through it before GOTY stuff, I won't complain when/if it gets spoiled. Except for Assassin's Creed 3. I need to get through Revelations first and that's a real chore.

#90 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Syndicate, Spec Ops, Far Cry 3, AC3, Mark of the Ninja,Journey and perhaps TWD (no real interest in playing it though), that's probably the ones I should be worried about right now!

#91 Posted by TobbRobb (4553 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs and Dust, I wanna play Binary Domain and Far Cry 3 as well, if I ever get around to it.

#92 Posted by AndrewB (7438 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Syndicate, Spec Ops, Far Cry 3, AC3, Mark of the Ninja,Journey and perhaps TWD (no real interest in playing it though), that's probably the ones I should be worried about right now!

Eh, should be able to breeze through that in a couple of days!

I've cut my losses and really the only two I'd like to finish are X-Com and Hitman: Absolution. I'm not optimistic, because I'm stuck in both those games, and when that happens I tend to just go trudge through more Persona 2 or play roulette with my Steam list.

#93 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

None. I've already played the best game of 2012. Dark Souls:PtDE and Mass Effect 3. Though I want to play Far Cry 3 but it will have to wait.

#94 Posted by bemusedchunk (654 posts) -

Only hoping to finish Spec Ops sometime in the next few weeks - about halfway through it.

I've given up on finishing crazy long games like Xcom, Borderlands 2 and Walking Dead.

Put in a good 50 hours of Sleeping Dogs so I'm pretty satisfied.

#95 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3719 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Fuck me, Syndicate was this year? Geez.

Nothing. If it didn't interest me enough to play through it before GOTY stuff, I won't complain when/if it gets spoiled. Except for Assassin's Creed 3. I need to get through Revelations first and that's a real chore.

Dude there's NOTHING to spoil there, really don't worry. I mean there's a story but it's really bad. I don't get the appeal of the game but if there is some it's in co-op.

#96 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

Far cry 3 and hitman are ones I haven't played yet. Currently playing through mark of the ninja

#97 Edited by Grimace (375 posts) -

Way too much - -

• Spec Ops: The Line
  • Halo 4
  • Far Cry 3
  • Darksiders 2
  • Dishonored
  • Borderlands 2
  • Fez

(These aren't so much for story purposes though. More for the opportunity to be like - "Yeah, I can see where that person is coming from and they would form that opinion" or "Booooo - why do you have to be so contrarian for the sake of it?" - it makes it more entertaining that way)

It's funny how having a job lets you to buy the games you want, but allows precious little time to play them. I'm yet to get this whole "balance" thing down that so many have perfected.

#98 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@AndrewB: Not with a giant design project on my shoulders as well! : ( Unless you do it for me!

#99 Posted by Dixavd (1291 posts) -

I need to finish Mass Effect 3 - if Brad can do it, I can do it.

#100 Posted by PhantomGardener (455 posts) -

I have finished all the games I have wanted to play this year.