#1 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I have to say that this past 5 days have been pretty exciting. Thanks to all the retail stores and digital distributors out there. Gamers are able to feed their obsession using their holiday bonuses from their work or people like me that sold all kinds of stuff on Craigslist just in preparation to this. We've seen all kinds of deals through digital distributors through out this year, but it never matched up to what we saw within the past few days. From Gamestop offering some games at 50% off to Steam offering gift packs. All of us took advantage to what we saw. Especially one of our fellow moderators, MB, taking advantage of the gift packs and offering better deals to the masses. Thanks to him, a lucky 7 people were able to enjoy Just Cause 2 add a good price of $7.50. Also leading him into creating a Steam group to distribute gift package deals in the future the same way. 

So what were you guys able to take advantage of? I know I managed to get a few things added to my library of 100+ games. Of course thanks to MB, I managed to get Just Cause 2 while I gifted him Mount & Blade Warband. Before then I bought Galactic Civilizations for $1 and X3 Gold for $5 on Impulse. On Steam I manage to buy Metro 2033 for $10 soon increasing my Steam achievements. After that I bought Star Trek Online off of Bestbuy.com for $5 with free shipping. Unfortunately I won't be able to see the game till between 12/7 - 12/13. However, I have other games to tie me over till then. 

Happy Gaming everyone. =D 

#2 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Wow, are my threads not that popular? BUMP.

#3 Posted by Ramone (2959 posts) -

Deus Ex and Invisible War, KoToR and Eve Online

#4 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER

Altitude  
And Yet it Moves 
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Beat Hazard 
BIT.TRIP BEAT 
DogFighter 
EVE Online: Tyrannis 
Flotilla 
Gish 
Gratuitous Space Battles  
InFamous
Jolly Rover 
Machinarium 
Plain Sight  
Polynomial
Puzzle Agent 
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 
Rhythm Zone 
Trine (Thanks to Atlas)
#5 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

Surprisingly enough, only two things. The Steam Indie Story Pack and Machinarium, both for $5.

#6 Edited by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

I only bought DiRT 2, Monkey Island 2 SE and Super Meatboy. I'm proud of myself.

#7 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

just the steam indie pack, $5. i didn't find anything good on steam beside those games.

#8 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 2, RDR and Ratchet and Blank. Pretty good set.

#9 Posted by DerekDanahy (864 posts) -

Darksiders.

#10 Posted by Videogames (257 posts) -

RB3 + pro guitar deal from dell.com

#11 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Halo reach and persona 3 portable
#12 Posted by The_Painted (181 posts) -

Audiosurf, Borderlands, and The Orange Box, and I was gifted Nyxquest and Freedom Force. All on Steam, of course. I also bought Doom 3 but not because of Black Friday.

#13 Posted by WJist (313 posts) -

Fallout: New Vegas.

#14 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish: Where did you get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at and for how much?
#15 Edited by OldGuy (1513 posts) -

A Kitchen Aid 575 watt lift-bowl 5.5 quart stand mixer. Yes!

Oh, GAMES... uh... I made bread... is that a game? :-)

#16 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

the fuck is cyber monday

#17 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

One of those indie game packs on Steam, and some other stuff. I also got Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and the WoW: Battlechest. 

#18 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @LordXavierBritish: Where did you get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood at and for how much? "
I got the 360 version at K-Mart for $40 on Thanksgiving Day aka the 25th.
#19 Edited by SpartanAmbrose (832 posts) -

From Impulse, I grabbed the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (comes with the game and every DLC released, including Awakening) for 50% off.

From Steam, I bought Alpha Protocol, Sam and Max Season 3, Super Meat Boy, and Poker Night at the Inventory.

And finally, from Amazon's Cyber Monday Lightning Deals, I ordered NBA 2k11, 3D Dot Game Heroes, the 2 most recent Professor Layton games, Dragon Quest IX, Miles Edgeworth, and Dark Sector.

Holy shit, that's a lot of games. I paid under $200, though, so yay me?

Stupid sales.

#20 Edited by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@OldGuy said:

" A Kitchen Aid 575 watt lift-bowl 5.5 quart stand mixer. Yes!  Oh, GAMES... uh... I made bread... is that a game? :-) "

Don't know. Did an achievement pop up at the bottom? 

#21 Edited by RubberFactory (288 posts) -
@DerekDanahy: 
Great game, in my opinion one of the best of the year.  Hope you enjoy it.  

On topic the games I bought: 

Prince of Persia the forgotten Sands
3d Dot Game Heroes
World of Goo
Trine (Gifted by the very generous Atlas)
#22 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@ryanwho said:
" the fuck is cyber monday "
Internet "version" of black friday which is completely pointless because most websites just have their deals on black friday anyways.
#23 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Aragorn123 said:
" From Impulse, I grabbed the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition (comes with the game and every DLC released, including Awakening) for 50% off. From Steam, I bought Alpha Protocol, Sam and Max Season 3, Super Meat Boy, and Poker Night at the Inventory.  And finally, from Amazon's Cyber Monday Lightning Deals, I ordered NBA 2k11, 3D Dot Game Heroes, the 2 most recent Professor Layton games, Dragon Quest IX, Miles Edgeworth, and Dark Sector.  Holy shit, that's a lot of games. I paid under $200, though, so yay me?  Stupid sales. "

#24 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" @ryanwho said:
" the fuck is cyber monday "
Internet "version" of black friday which is completely pointless because most websites just have their deals on black friday anyways. "
So I guess the internet is closed on Saturday and Sunday to make this particular Monday significant?
#25 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

The Indie Pulse Pack and Indie Air Pack, also thinking about picking up Kotor.

#26 Posted by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Soul Calibur 4. For $10.

#27 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

Only some of the XBLA deals: Splosion man, Greed corp and TMNT: reshelled

#28 Posted by karubah (45 posts) -
#29 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -

I'm currently on the waitlist to buy discounted copies of the second and third Professor Layton games on Amazon.  Which, of the dozen or so games they currently have up as special offers, those are the only two that have sold out. 

I've also bought the Indie Clever and Indie Pulse packs on Steam, and a handful of $2.99 albums on Amazon MP3.

#30 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (832 posts) -

Oh yeah, I also downloaded that TMNT Turtles in Time game when it was $2 on Xbox Live. Lots of great memories playing that with brothers and cousins.

#31 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

also got spolsion man for 160 microsft points

#32 Edited by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

None. I did get Scott Pilgrim on Blu Ray, though. That is loosely about video games, and PS3 has Blu Ray, so does that count?

Edit: Just ordered NHL 11 and Sims 3 for $40 each on Amazon.

#33 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

I bought Alpha Protocol, that stupid poker game, and the Sam and Max Devil something or other pack during the steam sale. There was a crap ton of other stuff I wanted to get from a few online stores, but that was all I could afford because I didn't get my pay check in the mail until today, and it won't take effect on my credit card until tomorrow. Had about a dozen games I was going to get for around $100 too.

Here's hoping they step up their game for this boxing day sale since us Canadians got screwed over during this sale. At least they are trying I guess, but just switching between the Yankee amazon site and the Canadian one made it look insulting to see what they were offering us for a sale in comparison.

#34 Posted by rav84 (28 posts) -

Rock Band 3 for free from Amazon (used up some credit + the $40 pricetag = it being free)
#35 Posted by cjmabry (485 posts) -

I got the Indie Story Pack, Indie Puzzle Pack , Indie Clever Pack, Mount & Blade Complete, and KOTOR from Steam. Final price $27.50 for 18 great games. Not bad, eh? 

I also bought a Gateway NV53A36U Laptop with an AMD Phenom II Triple Core @ 2.1 GHZ, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5650 GPU, and a 320GB HDD for $550. Twas my Christmas present for this year, and it gets here Wednesday! Woo!

#36 Edited by Callumrides (357 posts) -

Batman:AA Goty
Left 4 Dead 2
Dawn of War 2: Gold Edition
Splotion Man

#37 Edited by Zippedbinders (983 posts) -

I bought the Indie pack that had bit.trip/audiosurf/polynomial/beat hazard in it for me and a friend, Poker Night at the Inventory, the Deus Ex pack (so I don't have to worry about my disk copies anymore) and Red Dead Redemption for $15 on Amazon.

#38 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

Wish I lived in the states so I coulda got in on the NFS: Hot Pursuit for 35 bucks deal at Best Buy.

#39 Posted by ICryCauseImEmo (522 posts) -

Steam was a let down for me this Black Friday of course I know there will be a Christmas sale with more interesting titles. I picked up Left for dead 2 , 5$ and Fallout New Vegas for 39 bucks, 5 dollars after my amazon credit.

#40 Posted by This_Dude (295 posts) -

Yesterday I got Phantasy Star Portable 2 during one of amazon's pre-Cyber Monday Lightning deals.  It was 15 bucks, but i got it for free, because  i had some game credit from ordering black ops which i had ordered for 40 bucks because i had a game credit from fable 3 collector's edition.   Amazon loves gamers!   They give you so many credits and discounts when you buy stuff. 

/tldr ver.       Phantasy Star Portable 2 -   Amazon.com - FREE   (after $15 gaming credit)

#41 Edited by gamefreak9 (2344 posts) -

nothing... theres only one thing i want, and it wasn't on offer, which is probably a good thing since work is piling up. 
ME2

#42 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

I bought Dark Void and Madden 10 for 10$ each at the Sony store in the mall.

#43 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Callumrides said:
" Batman:AA Goty Left 4 Dead 2 Dawn of War 2: Gold Edition Splotion Man "
You sir, will not be disappointed by those games. 
#44 Posted by StarvingGamer (8000 posts) -

Lost Planet 2 
Gran Turismo 5
Logitech Driving Force Racing Wheel
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

(Also a bunch of BluRays and a MacBook for my girlfriend)

#45 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" I bought Dark Void and Madden 10 for 10$ each at the Sony store in the mall. "
I wish I had a Sony store. The only that comes close to a "store" near me is the Apple store. And that's in the middle of a stuck up rich people area. I'm afraid to go there.
#46 Posted by Miningguyx360 (324 posts) -

PS3 Greatest Hits (InFamous and Metal Gear Solid 4), Final Fantasy XIII, Bioshock 2, Enslaved: Odyssey to The West. 

all for $100 baby. I'm stocked for the winter break.

#47 Posted by eternaLightness (83 posts) -

I snatched up Left 4 Dead 4 on friday for $10. It sold quick so I was lucky to get it.

#48 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" I bought Dark Void and Madden 10 for 10$ each at the Sony store in the mall. "
I wish I had a Sony store. The only that comes close to a "store" near me is the Apple store. And that's in the middle of a stuck up rich people area. I'm afraid to go there. "
Reminds me of being in the Starbuck's around here, I sit down and look around to see everyone with their fancy Macbook pros and I'm stuck with a crappy cell phone and my coffee.
#49 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I bought Peggle deluxe today and gifted KOTOR to Ajayraz. 

#50 Posted by DaManGB (377 posts) -

Fallout New Vegas for $40.