What games did you love as a kid but hate now?

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

Going back to X-Squad, a game I loved as a kid, I realize that game is mediocre at best.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By inkeiren

Nothing. Nothing at all.

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By greennoodles

Pit Fighter. I loved the blood and the cussing, but when I got older I realized the game was very very bad.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

Hm. I'm not sure. Most of the games I enjoyed as a kid still hold up when I play them today. I'll have to think about this one for a while.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#5  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'll agree with Pit Fighter.  It seemed like it was very cool, but I played it again a few years ago, and it is horrible.

I loved the Cruis'n games, but now I can't hardly play them.  They are atrociously bad, but they're still kind of fun to play with a friend if there's absolutely nothing else available. 

greennoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By greennoodles
Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
"I'll agree with Pit Fighter.  It seemed like it was very cool, but I played it again a few years ago, and it is horrible.I loved the Cruis'n games, but now I can't hardly play them.  They are atrociously bad, but they're still kind of fun to play with a friend if there's absolutely nothing else available. "

I can honestly say I have never been in a situation where Cruis'n anything is the only game available, lol.
erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By erinfizz

Gyromite!  I don't think I would have the patience for it anymore, but I loved it as a kid. I would hook the second controller into the holder that was supposed to be attached to R.O.B., and move the red and blue columns with my feet.

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Zebadee

PilotWings N64

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Gmanall

Vector Man

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By maxszy

Well hate is a strong word. And I am going to go with a genre instead.

But I would say Strategy games. When I was a kid I played them a lot. All kinds of them on the PC. From Settlers to Age of Empires to Homeworld. Though I don't hate them by any means now, I dislike that genre of games. My taste has changed to RPGs and things with a more in-depth type of story. *shrug*

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#11  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw
greennoodles said:
"Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
"I'll agree with Pit Fighter.  It seemed like it was very cool, but I played it again a few years ago, and it is horrible.I loved the Cruis'n games, but now I can't hardly play them.  They are atrociously bad, but they're still kind of fun to play with a friend if there's absolutely nothing else available. "
I can honestly say I have never been in a situation where Cruis'n anything is the only game available, lol."
As funny as it sounds, I've seen it a lot.  As a teen, it seemed like airports, Wal-Marts, and other places would have only one or two arcade cabinets.  One of those was almost invariably a Cruis'n game while the other would usually be a Mortal Kombat or Neo-Geo.  Many towns nearby still have those Cruis'n games as their sole arcade entertainment.  I've also found a place recently that has a Simpsons pinball machine I'm desperately trying to purchase from the owners.
Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Snipzor

Well I used to love. . . well I can't exactly say. I used to play Half-Life like crazy, but now I don't. Hmm. Maybe RE2? I can't exactly play it anymore, as I have grown too used to the controls in the gamecube Resident Evil 1.

I do know that I used to hate X-Com as a kid, but I love it now. But that isn't the question.