What games did you play in September?

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By limond

Now that October is here what games did you spend time with in September?

I completed The Witcher 1. After many failed starts at that game I finally broke through the first half of Chapter 1 which had always been my stopping point and it was worth it. It took me about 65 hours to finish the game. The crafting of the world I loved, it made areas feel lived in and immersed me in the world. I also had to fret about decisions in that game. Something I never did in a game like Mass Effect. Early on the combat was interesting, but it got repetive and far to easy by chapter 3 on. Only 1 fight in the end game was any sort of difficult. I wish it had more loot options and better ways of dealing with the loot you did have (only carrying small extra weapons that were useless made me install a summonable shopkeeper mod, at least until I filled the inventory and selling anything more to it crashed the game). What I did wish it had were something like DA:O that told how the world changed after your tale in it was told. Like if who you side with changed ways at all or undid the damage it caused.

It made me want to jump into Witcher 2 right away, which I did. Forced myself to put it down though since It will be awhile till I have a W3 capable PC so don't want to rush myself.

I'm also wrapping up Shadow of Mordor after playing till the end of the first zone and dropping it for like 6+ months. It did get a lot better going into the new zone and getting the branding Powers. Some of those Uruks are real assholes. Only have 2 or 3 story missions to go. The story is pretty bad, especially if you enjoy Tolkien but it does its job and doesn't get in the way of the game. Does the DLC add anything awesome or should I skip it once I'm done?

Anyways those are the two main games I've played last month. I dabled with a few other things but they didn't hook me. What did you play?

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By edgaras1103

@limond: how about the chapter 4 in witcher? I think it was the best chapter in the whole game, I also liked Vizima outskirts more (chapter 1) than city hub. I also prefer W1 to W2 even though I know W2 is a much better game.

Played MGS V for 50h , was not having fun after 10 hours so uninstalled it.

Played SOMA for a bit, visuals looks rough but premise is interesting. Probably play some more.

After not having fun with MGS V , reinstalled SC Blacklist and boy what a good od game it is. It feels so good.

Waiting for Arkham Knight patch to finish it , what a letdown of a game.

But the most important of all games is the Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone expansion, the wait is killing me!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I played a ton of Mad Max and then I played a ton of The Witcher 3 and I also played some modded Minecraft.

Mad Max? It's the generic open world Ubisoft template applied to a sandy, dry post-apocalypse with lots of death metal cars and not much in the way of actual death metal.

The Witcher 3? It's a fantastic open-world game and you're missing out if you don't play any of it. However, whenever I go off to do side missions, I find myself asking the question "why would Geralt try to find out what happened to some random body in the gutter when he's supposed to be on an urgent quest to find Ciri?" It's something that has bugged me the whole game. I mean, obviously, it's a video game, nothing is going to happen to Ciri until I make it to the part of the story where something is supposed to happen to Ciri, but within the context of the story, it's kinda weird to go off doing sidequests, contracts, and treasure hunts that don't have anything to do with the main quest. It's not a big blight on the game, necessarily, just an oddity - I feel like the game could have used a story excuse for Geralt to go off and do stuff on his own. Also, I sent Triss away without having spent much time with Yennefer and apparently that was my last chance for Geralt to have a relationship with Triss instead of Yennefer. I don't care if Yennefer is/was more important to him in the books, I liked Triss better, although Yennefer does at least appear less cold in Skellige than she did in the early parts of the game.

Minecraft? I'm finally starting to mess with mods, though I keep hitting a stopping point where I ask myself "OK, what should I build now?" Never really had that problem in vanilla, I always had a project going on.

chu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Only MGSV. Day 1 to day 30

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Let's see...

1. Undertale (Thanks to austin!)
2. MGSV (This took the bulk of the month for me to complete)
3. Shadow of the Collosus (For the first time believe it or not)

edgaras1103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By edgaras1103

@believer258: I mean is it not more similar to detective stories ? You are chasing leads and don't know who would have information and such. I think it is one of the better examples when main stuff is just finding a person and not deciding how to save the world while in the meantime doing your job - a professional monster slayer. Somehow I feel at ease taking my time with side stuff knowing that it is justified by narrative.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

MGSV mostly

Mad Max started last week still playing it.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Metal Gear Solid V

That's the only one I played diligently. I checked out super time force (didn't like it) grow home (liked it, but busy with mgsv), and xeodrifter (neat, but I got more important stuff to play).

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Solid V for the most part, like some other folks here. But that's been talked about to death, so I'll just say that the sounds the animals make when fultoned are pretty hilarious.

However, after I beat it I did make a new city on Cities: Skylines - After Dark, and started the campaign on Homeworld: Remastered again.

The update to Cities was pretty good (day/night cycle and some other tweaks, that game looks very pretty) and After Dark added some neat stuff for the night time. I still love playing that game and relaxing. I don't know why I never thought of it before but that game is like a perfect Podcast game for me.

Homeworld: Remastered is still super awesome. Not much to say, other than spaaaace.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

With all the Metal Gear Hype and my new obsession with the Metal Gear universe thanks to Metal Gear Scanlon, I finally played Ground Zeroes and had so much fun. I mean I played the crap out of it.

Put a lot of time into Madden 16. It's a Madden. The running game is better and the throwing and catching mechanics are a pretty good. Receivers still warp speed to the ball at times.

7 hours into SOMA. Great game. Explores a cool concept and I enjoy the risk/reward to exploration at some bits.

7-8 hours of Undertale. What a dumb game. Makes me genuinly smile so often. Great soundtrack.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Sprinklings of MGSV, Mario Maker, and World of Warcrarft. Mostly Mario Maker.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By IamTerics

September is when I got my PS4 so almos everything on that.

MGSV obviosuly. Pretty sure I "finished" on the 30th with 56 hours. Cool game!

Witcher 3 is both better and worst than I thought. I really like the writing, thought I do feel like I'm missing something having only played half of Witcher 1 and none of 2. Game feels rough and unresponsive compared to MGSV. Forcing me to basically finish MGSV.

I'm a scaredy baby man who doesn't watch any horror but I dig Alein and Soma is kinda that so I'm into it. Its also not that scary. All the writing, world-building, and atmosphere is excellent and when its chooses to be, it can be pretty damn unnerving. It'll probably be the first horror game I finish. Though the protagonist is a bit too average for me and ruins the philosophical stuff a bit. They really just spell it out which is no fun. Also there have been a couple of times where I just figure out puzzle accidently which feels wierd(the early underwater chase scene).

Overall I played a pretty wide swath of games(PS4 Tropico 5 is solid and Red Steel 2 is strange). Though kinda focused on those games above and a weird amount of Xenoblade on the Wii. I was surprised that it was literally a single player MMO. I enjoy it and ideally I'll finish before its sequel but between Disgaea 5 coming out its not looking great.