#1 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4286 posts) -

And almost more importantly, why would your pick make sense to Sony / Microsoft and the game's publisher? Here are a few of my own choices:

Mortal Kombat 2011 - It's a great fighting game, and it could encourage the sale of DLC and / or Injustice.

Mass Effect 3 - Why 3? Online Multiplayer. It's addictive, and the F2P type setup could bring in a nice chunk of change for EA, making it worth their while.

SSX - It didn't sell all that well, but it wasn't a complete bomb either, and it could be pretty fun at times. It's also a great leaderboards game, it might encourage DLC sales, and it could raise interest for a sequel (without death pits, please).

Burnout Paradise - It's an old game, but it still looks good, and who wouldn't want to be able to play a free copy of Burnout with everyone on your friends list?

So, what would you suggest?

#2 Edited by jimmyfenix (3941 posts) -

Mass effect 3 . MK and burnout have already appeared on plus!!! I would want lightning returns to appear on plus

#3 Posted by Humanity (12002 posts) -

Nier, although I just bought it.

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14756 posts) -

I wish they just gave you like $10-$20 worth of fake store credit to put towards what you wanted instead. The only thing on the PSN store I want are a handful of old PSX games that I loved as a kid and there's no way they would ever be included in that.

#5 Posted by VierasTalo (1119 posts) -

You know, I've been waiting forever for that newer Twisted Metal -game to pop up there.

#6 Posted by Sammo21 (4263 posts) -

I also wouldn't mind ME3 and maybe that last Twisted Metal game?

#7 Posted by Fredchuckdave (7685 posts) -

Dragon's Crown and Lightning Returns

MGR was already one EU PS+ so I think it will eventually come out in the US, and the DLC is free too so that's nice.

#8 Posted by Nodima (1553 posts) -

The original Mass Effect needs to be on Playstation Plus though I understand why it wouldn't be. Every couple months I contemplate buying that and finally having a full playthrough of the series, but between ME3's storytelling (throughout, not just the ending) and the fact that that's a lot of goddamn time to commit to a series I've already tchnically finished, I always balk. But if the entry price were $free.99?

#9 Edited by Baillie (4598 posts) -

@nodima: The original Mass Effect is way better than the other two. Man, that story is phenomenal.

#10 Posted by GunstarRed (5905 posts) -

Ratchet & Clank Full Frontal Assault/Q Force. I'd love to play it with other people, it was pretty much dead on arrival and I'd like to finish the campaign. If it was free I assume I'd find someone to play it with.

#11 Posted by Nodima (1553 posts) -

@baillie said:

@nodima: The original Mass Effect is way better than the other two. Man, that story is phenomenal.

The problem is, I already know the story so it's the gameplay that's got to suck me in and from everything I've read (and my experience playing 2 and 3) the series continued to get better and better as an actual game, perhaps inversely proportional to the quality of its storytelling (hence ME2 being the most universally praised as it meets both tendencies in the middle).

It's the same reason I've never finished the original Bioshock. Removed from any sort of narrative novelty or intrigue, I'm left with a game I really don't want to be bothered with.

#12 Posted by Fredchuckdave (7685 posts) -

I like Payday 2 and all but I just want a game that isn't an FPS at this point.

#13 Posted by Baillie (4598 posts) -

@nodima: You know the outline, you don't know how it's told.

#14 Posted by Clonedzero (4206 posts) -

Kingdoms of Amalur. Why? Cus i've always slightly wanted to play it, but i never wanted to pay money for it.

#15 Edited by e30bmw (377 posts) -

Kingdoms of Amalur. Why? Cus i've always slightly wanted to play it, but i never wanted to pay money for it.

That was on NA PS+ a few months ago.

#16 Edited by Lukeweizer (3132 posts) -

This is kind of a pointless question. Would the answer just be any game that I don't want to pay for, but want to check out?

#17 Posted by SMTDante89 (2759 posts) -

I just want a game that isn't an FPS at this point.

There's a couple of games I could list, but I can agree to this, as well as some Vita games that aren't fighting/racing games.

#18 Posted by Nightriff (6511 posts) -

Dark Souls because I'll then play it before I can purchase it which I can't currently do.