What games have been spoiled for you? (OLD thread)

• 63 results
bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By bwooduhs

So what games have been spoiled for you? And who spoiled them?

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By GioVANNI

GoW1.  :(

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

MGS4 by pretty much everyone everywhere.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bwooduhs

Thats got to suck. I just had Fallout 3 spoilt for me yesterday.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bwooduhs
HandsomeDead said:
"MGS4 by pretty much everyone everywhere."
My mate paid me to not even mention the game until he'd beaten it.
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By dsplayer1010

GTA4 by friend, and when I was looking for a gears 2 trailer on youtube, there was a spoiler in the title.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bwooduhs
dsplayer1010 said:
"GTA4 by friend, and when I was looking for a gears 2 trailer on youtube, there was a spoiler in the title."
Yeah i was lucky enough to not have GTA IV spoiled. But I did have Halo 3 spoiled by a forum title.
MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I was so worried I'd find out a spoiler while in this thread.  I don't think any games have been spoiled for me....only movies and a book or two.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince

I really can't remember a game that was full on spoiled for me.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By Gunner

Bioshock... Thanks brad.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demyx

A little of Bioshock, but not the twist, or whatever it is. Dead Space, although I didn't plan on playing it anyway.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Black_Rose

Halo 3, it was cool though, that way i didnt have to finish it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#13  Edited By mike

I think this is a good opportunity to remind everyone that intentionally spoiling the plot of a game for other users will be dealt with in a swift and vicious manner.  Carry on!

Win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Win

I had the ending of God of War 2 spoiled for me. That kinda bummed me out but it didn't make that game any less amazing.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By DualReaver
MB said:
"I think this is a good opportunity to remind everyone that intentionally spoiling the plot of a game for other users will be dealt with in a swift and vicious manner.  Carry on!"
Translation: FUCK YOU JAYGE FUCK YOU
tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#16  Edited By tearhead

Yeeeeaaa... I had a major plot twist spoilt for me, it was Tales of Symphonia.  My friend did it by accident (he thought I finished it) and as a result I didn't finish the game until a year later.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Bass
Gunner said:
"Bioshock... Thanks brad."
he totally warned you. I know cuz i turned down my volume for a few minutes and i can still play the game happily :)
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Black_Raven
Black_Rose said:
"Halo 3, it was cool though, that way i didnt have to finish it.

"
You play Halo for its story?
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By Gunner
Bass said:
"Gunner said:
"Bioshock... Thanks brad."
he totally warned you. I know cuz i turned down my volume for a few minutes and i can still play the game happily :)"
I know but i couldn't reach for the volume in time and was in a state of panic at the time.. i dont do well under pressure! D:
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By wefwefasdf

I normally spoil them myself. I want to research about the plot and everything but sometimes I go too far...

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jordan23

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots... someone forgot to put a spoiler notice on a message board thread. And it lead to some revealing information about the storyline.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Karmum

Any "spoiling" I do , it is intentionally. For instance, I watched the end of Halo 3 before I finished Halo 3.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By OGCartman

I normally dont pay that much attension to Singleplayer.
Im always on multiplayer : P

But fortunately enough i havent gotten any games spoilt for me.
I dont go into a thread about a game if i havent beaten it.

I feel sorry for the ppl that got spoiled, that gotta suck :(

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tylea002

I got bioshock spoiled a while ago by my friend telling me, though I've forgotten now. I avoided Brads spoiler by turning the volume down as warning was given, so I'll enjoy that when I eventually get a chance to play it.

The most annoying was Orange Box. I'd started HL2 and someone spoiled the end of episode 2, so I just gave up on the whole game, as I wasn't a great fan of the gameplay - he spoiled it before I even got the gravity gun. Thankfully I didn't get portal spoiled though, and that game was awesome.

Another stupid friend spoiled the end of Halo 3, which was just not fair. I got certain details of Mass Effect spoiled, which did annoy me slightly.

I really need better friends.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25  Edited By kush

I've never gotten anything important spoiled, but you can technically say I was spoiled on FFVII :P ...though that will happen when a game has been out for over 10 years and you still haven't played 1 second of it.

momentarylogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26  Edited By momentarylogic

Bioshock. And actually pissed me off a little in the process - as I have no interest in the game now, sigh.

p.s. I own it.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By raven_squad

Most recently was Silent Hill: Homecoming. An untagged thread, on a Silent Hill board no less. 

KiwiFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outlast was just spoiled for me. I was playing it on steam, and I was reading some of the forums, and one person was commenting on the forum, and put a very small spoiler alert next to it, so I read right over it. I'm very upset, and I don't know if I will still be able to enjoy the game.

Avatar image for excitable_misunderstood_genius
Excitable_Misunderstood_Genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Bombcast pretty much crushed any surprise out of saints row 3 before I got to it, so it landed pretty weakly. Kind of a bummer.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My best friend spoiled Life is Strange episode 2, which was odd as he knows I hate spoilers, me and him are the opposite, he wants spoilers now and I want spoilers never. But I think he was enjoying the game sooooooooo much he was just itching to talk about it.
Soooo I forgive him for that one.

Gears of War 3 was spoiled for me by YouTubes recommended videos, right in the title, but that one wasn't so bad as I find the Gears game just sort of okay, actually it kind of had the opposite effect for me in that usually a spoiler bums me out, but that one made me go 'huh, curious to see how that plays out'

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BioShock 1, Persona 3, Persona 4, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, inFAMOUS 2, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, Final Fantasy VII, X and X2, Grand Theft Auto 3, San Andreas, 4 and 5 all either by forum chatter or by me saying "fuck it" and watching some kind of video series about said games before experiencing their pivotal moments first hand.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Bioshock was probably the biggest one. I definitely feel like spoilers hurt my experience with that game. I got some Spec Ops The Line spoilers, but I'm actually grateful for those because it encouraged me to play the game. During GOTY podcasts I had L.A. Noire and Sleeping Dogs spoiled, but that's my own fault. There was a trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 Remix that spoiled a plot element from BBS but I don't really care. I had a bunch of Metal Gear stuff spoiled over the years but it kind of didn't matter since it's all so crazy anyways, I wish I hadn't known anything about Psycho Mantis though.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heavy Rain is the one I really wish I hadn't known about, the identity of the killer is pretty much the whole draw of the game. I also ended up reading the identity of the Arkham Knight by accident but I'm not very familiar with the character so it don't care that much.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Bioshock for me too, as well as Fallout 3. Heavy Rain was also a big one.

Out of the three the only one that hurt me was Heavy Rain, as it made the game for me a suspenseful game, with its greatest mystery spoiled. It tainted my experience with the game, although I never really liked it that much to begin with.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know I've had games "spoiled" before, but I can't remember which ones because it doesn't really bother me at all.

I did recently read who the Arkham Knight was because I was curious. The result was a little disappointing.

MGS4 by pretty much everyone everywhere.

This is pretty funny considering the post is six years old and I just completed MGS4 last night for my first time and never had it spoiled in the meantime.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had the post-game stinger of Lords of Shadow spoiled for me.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never, because I don't care about spoilers.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red dead redemption and la noire by the same guy. Bioshock too but i asked for it because that game was boring as shit and i just wanted to know why people thought it was so good.

vsharres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy 7, so much so that I never got around to finish it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BioShock Infinite, which is a bummer, but thankfully the small portion that was spoiled for me (Booker is Comstock) did nothing to spoil the tons of other crazy bullshit that happens at the end of that game.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Walking Dead Season 1.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BradBrains

games are about the interactivity so Im not a beliver in a game getting spoiled. Video games stories are almost never something that can be invalidated by a couple sentances

Arkham knight was Kinda spoiled for me.

advanced warfare (like it matters)

gone home

probably a bunch of stuff. I barely play games when they first come out so its inevitable. we live in the age were everything has a comment section and in public places people are trying to be jerks and ruin stuff.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bceagles128

Unless something is spoiled for you with a few words, then you spoil it for yourself. Pro Tip: You can stop listening, or reading, or watching a spoiler. Your own curiosity is to blame... nothing else.

Except that a lot of things can in fact be spoiled in a few words. For example, TWD Season 1: Lee gets bitten and dies. Boom spoiled.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By poobumbutt

Persona 4, though not by any relation to the ER. Had the "whodunnit" part spoiled and was rather disappointed. However, a great thing about that game is that you could spoil all the twists in it and the game would still be fucking fantastic. That game really is about the journey, not the destination.

Plus, when I did watch the ER, Jeff and Vinny humbled me by saying that particular plot twist was obvious. In hindsight, they were right.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

KotOR and BioShock Infinite (by some asshole who put a spoiler in the thread title) =\

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a dude get Bioshock Infinite spoiled for him. I got a job at a call center and it was break time in training class. A few of us found out we played games and would talk about that shit. Well about a week after Infinite came out this dude went up to this other dude and said he was playing. This other dude (who had mad a.d.d. but was a cool guy and who I became decent friends with later) asked him if he had beaten it or not. Original dude said no not yet and other dude immediately responded with, "O well it's like a multi-dimensional thing and you are Comstock." I was blown away he would just spit that out as I did not know him well yet. He kept talking after that, not really realizing he just ruined a huge part of the game for the dude. I had already beaten the game.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By Milkman

Gone Home by some dickhead in the comments here. BioShock Infinite by a different but similarly dickheaded person also here.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#50  Edited By SubwayD

Recently? I feel like I've been trying my best to tip-toe around Arkham City spoilers. Having The Joker reveal spoiled was half my fault, half Brad and his lax warning. On the other hand, revealing who I can only guess is Man Bat appears in the game was all Vinny. That was there in plain daylight on the GB twitter feed.

Of course, those aren't exactly deal breakers, more just a little annoying to have these surprises ruined. It's just that when I buy a game, I want to be invested in it for the duration, even if all the "cool" people are quick to point out how lame video game stories are. Going deep into something is part of the, some of which is taken away when twists are laid out beforehand.