#51 Edited by ArtisanBreads (4536 posts) -

Here's one: a follow up to Final Fantasy Tactics that doesn't fuck with it the way Advance did. Just follow the same formula of medieval fantasy style with the political intrigue while expanding the mechanics and gameplay. Why is this so hard Square.

#52 Edited by Fredchuckdave (6965 posts) -

@Animasta: Nah as a rule I don't buy consoles until there's about 10 irrefutably excellent games on them which takes 2-3 years or more (took longer this generation than the last several); chances are neither the Wii nor the Wii U will ever fit this distinction, Xenoblade be damned.

#53 Posted by Subjugation (4783 posts) -

@nickux said:

#54 Posted by Animasta (14820 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

@Animasta: Nah as a rule I don't buy consoles until there's about 10 irrefutably excellent games on them which takes 2-3 years or more (took longer this generation than the last several); chances are neither the Wii nor the Wii U will ever fit this distinction, Xenoblade be damned.

there's plenty of excellent wii games and since you can play them on the wii U technically that counts

#55 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6965 posts) -

@Animasta: Our definitions of excellent no doubt differ though ultimately I still haven't finished my Gamecube backlog so playing 4 or 5 Nintendo games on the Wii when I could just play 4 or 5 Nintendo games on the Gamecube is kind of a wash. I should note that the PSP does have well over 10 excellent games and it also has games that you don't really find on main consoles so there is some hope for the Vita in the long run and I was sort of close to buying the AC: Liberation bundle of wonders; but meh; can wait another 2-3 years for that to pan out fully.

#56 Posted by jonnyboy (2867 posts) -
C'mon Tim, it's about time. Talk about a game with charm, the first one had it in spades.
#57 Posted by cthomer5000 (984 posts) -

FIFA 13

#58 Posted by Rainbowkisses (519 posts) -

@Psykhophear: I thought Red Dead Redemption was the best Gun sequel anyone could have hoped for.

#59 Posted by Kedi2 (262 posts) -

Republic Commando

#60 Posted by Brendan (8703 posts) -

I'm sorry for being insensitive but hearing over and over again that Mirror's Edge needs a sequel is getting pretty cliche at this point. Y'know what else is getting cliched?

Jedi Knight

#61 Posted by Peanut (964 posts) -

I want a new Viva Pinata more than anything. Outside of that there are few series I'm dying to return to. I'd rather see interesting new IP.

#62 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2906 posts) -

Vanquish and God Hand. Mostly God Hand, that game is so awesome yet so many things could be improved upon. I had high hopes for Anarchy Reigns (and to be fair I haven't actually played it) but it really doesn't look like the spiritual sequel I thought it might be.

#63 Posted by ArtisanBreads (4536 posts) -

@Brendan said:

I'm sorry for being insensitive but hearing over and over again that Mirror's Edge needs a sequel is getting pretty cliche at this point. Y'know what else is getting cliched?

Jedi Knight

Another good one.

None of that Academy shit though. Find a way to give me Kyle Katarn back.

2 and 3 were sooooooo good.

#64 Posted by JZ (2343 posts) -

Pop 2008 the best prince of persia game.

#65 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6965 posts) -

@JZ: Soda 2008 > Pop 2008

#66 Posted by JZ (2343 posts) -

People that say soda are bad people.

#67 Posted by Animasta (14820 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Brendan said:

Jedi Knight

Another good one.

nothing wrong with jedi academy, you take that back (most of the early levels for those katarn games were fuckin shooter levels, which that game does very poorly)

#68 Posted by BUCK3TM4N (544 posts) -

star wars republic commando

#69 Posted by natedawg_kz (259 posts) -

Vanquish and Valkyria Chronicles

#70 Posted by egg (1615 posts) -

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) and Sonic Adventure 2 need sequels

also:

Mega Man Powered Up

Marvel Trading Card Game should come back but I'm guessing that's unlikely to happen since the physical game is no longer produced.

#71 Posted by Canteu (2855 posts) -

Dark Chronicle.

#72 Posted by Landon (4134 posts) -

@egg said:

Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)

Putting Sonic in real life may be among the worst ideas ever executed. Why on earth would anyone want a sequel to Sonic '06?

#73 Posted by wumbo3000 (1098 posts) -

Chrono Cross.

#74 Posted by UnrealDP (1256 posts) -

Star Wars Republic Commandos needs a damn sequel. It even ends on a cliffhanger and then that one Green Day song plays. Wait, it was actually an Ash song. Same difference.

#75 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

When I grow up I am going to buy the Warlocked license.

#76 Posted by Mikey2D (254 posts) -

Infamous 3 for me - there are ways to do it even if it's without Cole

I'll probably get some hate - but I'd like a sequel to WET. Alot of people hated on that game but I really liked it - soundtrack alone was killer and that genre of grindhouse styled games always lends itself to just making another story which doesn't really relate to the other.

And hell while I'm dreaming - give me a big budget sequel to The Bouncer.

#78 Posted by Vinny_Says (5909 posts) -

Listen mayne, the company that has the E3 reveal of Freedom Fighters 2 will win every E3 award possible.

#79 Posted by MarsVsHollywood (10 posts) -

Psi-Ops was such a solid game. I really liked that game when it came out, and was hoping for a sequel after finishing it. I think it left off on a pretty big cliff hanger, but I can't quite remember. Maybe I'm wrong, probably.

I'd like a sequel or just another game in the Chrono series. Chrono Trigger, and Chrono Cross are two of my favorite games. I doubt it will ever happen though.

I'm always going to dream that the Shenmue series gets a sequel. Don't get me started on the ending of Shenmue 2. I've still got massive blue balls from that nonsense.

#80 Posted by gamefreak9 (2805 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Brendan said:

Jedi Knight

Another good one.

nothing wrong with jedi academy, you take that back (most of the early levels for those katarn games were fuckin shooter levels, which that game does very poorly)

I will agree with you guys! Those games rocked! jedi knight, the last couple of levels on max difficulty, those were some of my best gaming moments! Really felt like a fucking JEDI, get 1-2 shotted but the enemies also get 1-2 shotted(as long as u use red style). Man... I should go play that.

#81 Posted by Vextroid (1451 posts) -

VanQuish 2 and another Deus Ex game by the Human Revolution team.

#82 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8020 posts) -

XIII

System Shock 2

Syndicate (2012) (which will never happen because the game sold so poorly)

#83 Edited by ArtisanBreads (4536 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

@Brendan said:

Jedi Knight

Another good one.

Couldn't disagree more. It was an excellent shooter as well, which is the beauty of the games.

The problem with Jedi Academy was the silent, generic protagonist syndrome. Jedi Knight games had a cool story which needed the character to work, as well as a more cohesive story rather than more separate missions. Jedi Academy is not bad, don't get me wrong, but it's quite a few notches below the other two games, which are all time great games to me. The fact that it de emphasized shooting is a negative, to me, because it was so great the series had the sabers and shooting and both were great.

@Vextroid said:

Deus Ex game by the Human Revolution team.

Another one that I'm pretty sure is confirmed to be happening. Though I believe that team is working on Thief, which has been so long in development and with rumors of it being quite rocky.

#84 Posted by phrosnite (3509 posts) -

Beyond Good & Evil

#85 Posted by Rotten_Avocado (84 posts) -

Kane & Lynch 3 Please...

#86 Posted by egg (1615 posts) -

@Landon said:

@egg said:

Putting Sonic in real life may be among the worst ideas ever executed. Why on earth would anyone want a sequel to Sonic '06?

I don't view the game as Sonic in real life. (do people really view the game as that?) The other Sonic titles have humans anyway so I don't see Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) any different in that regard.

#87 Posted by Zuldim (298 posts) -

Psychonauts. Psychonauts? Psychonauts.

#88 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

@Zuldim said:

Psychonauts. Psychonauts? Psychonauts.

NOOOOO. Psychonauts is a great game that can stand on its own. Let's keep it that way.

#89 Posted by SgtSphynx (1781 posts) -

I just want to say...
 @Video_Game_King said:

How about that Legacy of Kain shit, maybe?

Yes.
 @Fredchuckdave said:

Vagrant Story

Yes.

And Breath of Fire, Lufia, and Lunar, on those last two I want real sequels not those piece of shit portable games. I also wouldn't mind another Dishonored, there are many stories left to be told in that world.
#90 Posted by Landon (4134 posts) -

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

I don't view the game as Sonic in real life. (do people really view the game as that?) The other Sonic titles have humans anyway so I don't see Sonic The Hedgehog (2006) any different in that regard.

That was the pitch for the game, yes. That's why Sonic is so weirdly proportioned compared to everyone else.

#91 Posted by buft (3409 posts) -

Psi ops for sure, i loved that game on PS2, it was exactly how i wanted my star wars games to be, crazy and full of crazy powers. Mirrors Edge for sure and im not sure if anyone has said it yet but vanquish needs more sequels.

#92 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (855 posts) -

@Landon

@egg said:

Masochism maybe?

#93 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6116 posts) -

Arcanum. And the sequel needs to happen. It must happen.

#94 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1327 posts) -

BULLY!

#95 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -
@Rotten_Avocado
Kane & Lynch 3 Please...
Do you want Jeff to get fired again? It was a real risk when 2 came out, let's avoid rolling the dice a third time.

On topic, the only thing I really want is The Witcher 3, which is obviously happening but goddamn I just want it now.
#96 Posted by egg (1615 posts) -

@Landon said:

@egg said:

@Landon said:

@egg said:

That was the pitch for the game, yes. That's why Sonic is so weirdly proportioned compared to everyone else.

Sonic is weirdly proportioned to everyone else probably because 1) he's Sonic, 2) he's not a human

#97 Posted by Spaceyoghurt (165 posts) -

A lot of great games have been mentioned, like Mirror's Edge and Star Wars Republic Commando. I'd also like to see sequels to Jade Empire and Kameo, really liked those games.

But most of all, I'd love to see Turrican being reborn. Damn, I played Turrican 2: The Final Fight on the Amiga so many times in my youth, it was just a perfect package. Other platforms, or Turrican 3, does not count.

Other than that, would be interesting to see a real sequel to Act Raiser, including both the God Game sections (which the sequal cut out) and the side-scrolling action. Would not specifically have to be side-scrolling, but some action elements at least.

#98 Posted by DeathbyYeti (785 posts) -

Jet Set Radio Future

#99 Posted by Hunter5024 (6310 posts) -

Another game in the Chrono series. I have a whole list of these actually.

@Animasta said:

Nier (well a prequel set in in the past, maybe peaking with the destruction of the red eyed legion in Jerusalem).

Isn't Drakengard a prequel to Nier?

@Mikey2D: How could there possibly be a sequel to Infamous? The endings leave the fiction at the top of a mountain or the bottom of a cliff depending on which morality you have. Either way it would have to be a totally different game.

#100 Posted by Red (6146 posts) -

Difficult question, actually. I'd love more Shadow of the Colossus gameplay or Chrono structure and tone, but I feel as though a poorly done sequel could really hurt the reverence people have for those series.

I know I am in a very small minority here, but I really liked Jade Empire, and would love to see more stories in that world.