What games will keep you busy during the summer?

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By lemon360

I know i'll be playing some Persona 4 (first runthrough) a ton of cod4, and a load of fallout 1 and 2

BlazBleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlazBleu

Probably CoD4, and I'm going to pick up a copy of BlazBlue for the PS3. Hopefully these two games will keep me from buying random games during the summer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The game of mackin' on chicks at the beach.

And failing worse at it than I do at Ikaruga. 0 Achievement points.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

...No clue.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By bwooduhs

Red Faction Guerrilla, Fallout 1 and 2(Just bought the bundle), Fallout 3, Battlefield 1943 and some others.

Mr_Bauer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Mr_Bauer

Battlefield 1943 and NCAA Football 2010 mostly, there will be others but these 2 will be my main ones.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60

I'm bored already.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blu_Magic

I've been playing Gears 2 non-stop lately and I also picked up Mass Effect today. I'm pretty sure these two games will keep occupied this summer.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By thecleric

Started playing WoW again with my brother, been playing a lot of Rocket Riot, as I'm getting a little bored of Team Fortress 2, considering getting a PS3 and a PS2.

And waiting for Gamefly to ship me something.
Anyone else feel like downloadable games(Castle Crashers, Trash Panic, Rocket Riot, Cave Story Wii etc) are becoming more and more fun than retail games?

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By gingertastic_10

I'm going and replaying a lot of game that I missed out on on the ps2. So probably those games.

Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Civraz

I'll be continuing my first run-through of Persona 4 as well. After watching the Endurance Run, I just had to go buy it.

krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By krystians

Yes this summer sucks a lot, cause of no games, and my GF is leaving to visit Peru. Might play Battlefield 1943, and if I really get bored I will start playing FF IV, which I bought and have not yet opened. Is FFIV good?

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rapture

The Sims 3 and the crap load of mount and balade mods.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By c1337us
@CL60 said:
" I'm bored already. "
Me too. Ghostbusters had its charms but it isnt really doing it for me right now. I havent played any Red Faction yet so that could be my next game. I reckon there could be another play through on the horizon for inFamous for the bad ending pretty soon though.
Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By Atlas

Plans for the summer include Tales of Vesperia, a second runthrough of Mass Effect, tons of fighting games (Tekken 5, Virtua Fighter 5, Street Fighter IV etc), Persona 4 and the large number of arcade games I've never really properly played. Also I may take the time to finally get through Far Cry 2 and Condemned 2.

I also intend to spend some more time with my PC (Age of Empires 2, The Sims 2, The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind) and my DS (Chrono Trigger, Professor Layton, Advanced Wars).

herreno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By herreno

I'll be skipping back and forth through games until one holds my attention.

ArmaziLLa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArmaziLLa
@thecleric said:
" Anyone else feel like downloadable games(Castle Crashers, Trash Panic, Rocket Riot, Cave Story Wii etc) are becoming more and more fun than retail games? "
I actually really agree...there are still a ton of retail games that I really enjoy but I find I'm watching (and playing) the XBLA marketplace a TON more than I used to after finally getting Castle Crashers and Worms 2.

As for the games I plan to play...I'm doing my first run through of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed as well as a few other titles like Fable 2...I'm sure I'll be kept busy with those, my XBLA games, and whatever else I can get my hands on.
tofford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18  Edited By tofford

Im going to go through loads but i think i will keep going back to resident evil 5 and get some unlockables

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NoDeath

After pulling out my ps2 for P4, I've realised that there are a crapload of cheap ps2 games I never played that generation. My current plan is to get Persona 3, Okami and Killer 7 and after those, any of the following: ICO, Shadow of the colossus, Vice City, DMC3 or Dragon Quest 8.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ververdan0226

Just multiplayer games and backlog until Arkham Asylum and Wolfenstein come out.

Oh yeah, I'll probably do some biking and hang out with friends. I hate the beach.  :)

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By MjHealy

I have been enjoying the summer for a month now, two to go. I will get my PC fixed and continue my TF2 fun. Should play through Mass Effect and Saint's Row 2 (but I probably won't) and then I should get around to getting Fable II and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. Maybe some other random stuff in August, I dunno.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By penguindust

I'm working my way through Persona 4 and fiddling around with Sims 3 mostly.  I've also have SFIV from Gamefly on the shelf to take a crack at soon.  Beyond that, I don't know yet.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_A_Drain

I just bought Resident Evil 5 on impulse, and i'm a MASSIVE fan of the franchise but was determined to stay the fuck away from Resi 5 as i've been long opposed to the way Resi 4 took the series (plot wise and gameplay wise, the gameplay is excellent and totally re-invented the third person shooter genre, but it's not what I wanted from the franchise) but i'm dying to know how everything ties together and I got the steelkbook edition for £30 so win I guess.

Still, even though Resi is (almost single handedly, check Cold Fear released 2 months after Resi 4, fantastic game if you've not played it do so) responsible for the state of modern shooters, I can't help but feel Resi 5 is a step backwards from things like Dead Space. But still, it's Resi and I love it, and it can't be that bad if it got decent reviews eh? :)

So that plus all the unlockables will keep me busy for a good 30+ hours, and i'm playing Dead Space again, finishing One Piece on Wii and some more stuff.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Manatassi

Good bloody question! I'm waiting for Something I haven't completed to come out. 

Is it just me or does this year seem pretty dry compared to last year? 

I seem to be playing mostly XBLA and iPhone games at the moment having completed all the Major releases.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c86670f38adc
deactivated-5c86670f38adc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing Diablo 2, some CS:S, TF2, and possibly Prototype.

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nixium

My gaming plans this summer are:
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Killzone2
Fallout 3 DLC + Mods
Dead Space
Prince of Persia
Lost Odyssey

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spiredcrescent

I got hooked on Resistance 2 co op.  It took me a while for Valkyria chronicles.  I haven't consistently played one game this summer.  I have played about 20 since may.  (probably beat about half the others i thought were crap).  I do sometimes go back and progress in Persona 3: FES but that will take forever at my pace

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolverine

I've been working on The Bourne Conspiracy for a while now because I want to write a review and maybe even a guide. The game isn't very long but I've been playing all the different modes.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31  Edited By fugie7

ill busy with sacred 2, fallout 3 point lookout, uncharted and infamous.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By shadows_kill

infamous-im wanting to plat it during the summer
 dead space- got it when circuit city went out and sadly never really played it >_>
 call of juarez bound in blood- just to play through for fun...
 battlefield 1943- for some online fun
 and maybe blazblue..- may trade in soul caliber 4 and gta4(idk why i still have it really..)  for blazblue

EDIT: i also forgot i may play some games to get some more trophies i missed.........  im going to have fun this summer!

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By tactis

Just beat Call of Juarez and shipping that back to gamefly hopefully I get to play Prototype at some point in the mean time I guess I will  playthrough Overlord 2 again to get most of the achievements

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60
@c1337us said:
" @CL60 said:
" I'm bored already. "
Me too. Ghostbusters had its charms but it isnt really doing it for me right now. I havent played any Red Faction yet so that could be my next game. I reckon there could be another play through on the horizon for inFamous for the bad ending pretty soon though. "
Yeah, I may try out Red Faction also. I enjoyed the demo.
Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Discorsi

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite,  FF3, FF4, and other games that are yet to be determined.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Warfare

Battlefield 1943, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin  and whatever good game i skipped at a cheap price.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Still got a 1/3 of Persona 4 to go, but I only just started Skate 2, which I'm absolutely loving as well as RE5 still to play and hoping Battlefield 1943 is decent so that will be my multiplayer go to game over the summer, oh and always up for a game of Shadowrun. Plenty there for me.

Galv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By Galv

Probably going to get Tales of Vesperia. Can't find it anywhere locally so I'm thinking I'll order it through Amazon.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#39  Edited By citizenkane
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#40  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Although I technically don't really get any more free time through the summer than I would normally, Devil Survivor, Worms 2, the Sims 3, and Tiger Woods 10 should fill up my summer nicely.