What games will tide you over in your summer downtime?

• 55 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

What games will you play in summer?

Personally I can see myself playing:

Hitman: Absolution

Demon Souls

Saints Row: The Third

Dante's Inferno

Resident Evil: Deadly Silence

The Cave

Silent Hill 2 HD

Dead Island: GOTY Edition

Radiant Historia

Last of Us

Silent Hill: Downpour

Alan Wake

Fallout: New Vegas

Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll

Probably a bit of an overkill as I won't have that much free time. ahah There is plenty of choice at least!

If you want to pump someone up or discuss a game you liked and is on someone's list, you're welcome too!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Someone's gotta be getting tired of seeing me posting that so often. Those aren't the only games I've played, but Persona 3 and Nocturne and Strange Journey have been the only games that I've been consistently playing all summer, so presumably SMT IV will be the same. I also played through Deus Ex Human Revolution again earlier this summer.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just got Witcher 2 the other day. Been hooked since i started, man what took me so long?

Gonna do multiple playthroughs of this for sure.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By falserelic

1. I got Ghost Recon: Future Soldier to finish, even though I find it genetic and boring.

2. Winback (ps2 classic) kind of fell off playing the game, but I'll try to finish it.

3.I still need to unlock all weapons in God Mode..

4. I'll take any recommendations from GB users of what psn games I should checkout.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I got Ghost Recon: Future Soldier to finish, even though I find it genetic and boring.

2. Winback (ps2 classic) kind of fell off playing the game, but I'll try to finish it.

4. I'll take any recommendations from GB users of what psn games I should checkout.

What genres do you like?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

All of them.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you have downtime in the summer? Are you 12?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By falserelic

@jeust said:

@falserelic said:

What genres do you like?

Action adventure, survival horror, fighting, and some platformers...

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Just last weekend I bought Dust: An Elysian Tale, Lego Lord of the Ring, and Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition which were all on sale. I'm still getting through Dark Souls and of course TF2, and on PS3 I need to finish Ni No Kuni and I'm starting a survival playthrough of Last of Us. So yea I'll be busy for a bit and then when steam sales start I'll be doomed. Also I've already pre-orderd Saints Row IV but that won't be til late August so I've got some time.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By mrfluke

dark souls and witcher 2 and dragon age origins with all the expansions.(never played dragon age origins)

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Limbo, Siren: Blood Curse and The Cave are good options.

Get PSN+ if you haven't too.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By pyromagnestir

I'm partying like it's 2009/10 with Bioshock 2, Bayonetta, Starcraft II WoL, and Dragon Age Origins all up in here this summer, unless I can figure out a way to make Sleeping Dogs not run like shit on my computer.

Though I'm currently playing Spelunky. I'm in fucking love with that game at the moment.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Got Borderlands 2 for cheap and am waiting for a copy of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning to show up any time now. Those two in addition to some more Blops 2 should keep me fairly busy gaming wise.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By falserelic

@jeust said:

@falserelic: Limbo, Siren: Blood Curse and The Cave are good options.

Get PSN+ if you haven't too.

Limbo and The Cave I'll checkout next. They both seem pretty interesting to play. As for Siren: Blood Curse I bought it afew years back, and It become one of my most hated survival-horror games. I really hated the story of that game so much. It used to piss me off alot and give me massive headaches. If it wasn't for a friend who convinced me to beat the game. I probably wouldn't have finished it.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've been spending most of my summer gaming on Halo (3 and 4) and Cod 4. I've also started up another playthrough on Fallout New Vegas even though I've beaten the damn game like 20 times. For the more casual games I play everyday but in shorter bursts I have Puzzles and Dragons and Animal Crossing.

Also probably the weirdest game to be mentioned on here but I've been playing Digimon World 3 on my tablet (Physical copy is scratched to holy hell) and I forgot what a deep RPG that game truly is. Wish that series got re-released on PSN.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i played ff13 and dragons dogma but my summer is over taking a summer composition class and i have already had to write a full paper in two days so i dont really have tike to do anything now

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't give myself too much time for gaming..things to do

Resistance 3

Metro Last Light

Borderlands 2 last dlc

STEAM SALE!

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Ni No Kuni : Gonna finish this one hopefully

Borderlands 2 : Re-bought it on pc and gonna play though it another few times for the dlc

Metro 2033

And i always have Skyrim that i still haven't really played

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Rogue Legacy is consuming my soul right now, after that, I just bought Dust today, so I'll dive into that. I've been playing Persona 4: Golden on and off, so add that to the list. I bought Lone Survivor and Sword & Sorcery forever ago, and I'd like to give those a play too. Lots of stuff to play! And I might get motivated and play Saints Row 3, time will tell!

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm making my way through the first Witcher and want to play the second one again. Also Bully, Rogue Legacy, and maybe the Last of Us again

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Skyrim, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and Shin Megami Tensei IV

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to Microsoft's GoD sale and wargaming.net, I'll be busy with AC3, The Witcher 2, Mass Effect (figure it's about time...), and the World of Tanks beta. Seems like plenty to keep me busy until GTA V, AC4, and my new Xbox One.

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive just been playing vampire savior and guilty gear

angouri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why oh why did I decide to do another run at Persona 3? That will eat up a few months, and Ni No Kuni is sitting there, judging me.

But I really want to finish GTA IV and AC3 as well. Oh well...

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chop

@believer258 said:

Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Someone's gotta be getting tired of seeing me posting that so often. Those aren't the only games I've played, but Persona 3 and Nocturne and Strange Journey have been the only games that I've been consistently playing all summer, so presumably SMT IV will be the same. I also played through Deus Ex Human Revolution again earlier this summer.

As someone who enjoyed Nocturne but hated Strange Journey, do you enough about SMT 4 to say which it's closer to? In particular, I couldn't stand the dungeon crawling and or snes level production values in Strange Journey. The graphics (yeah, I know...I know) and tile based first person movement was some of the most unappealing shit ever to me =/

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26  Edited By Justin258

@chop: From the trailers I've seen, it looks a whole lot like Nocturne's dungeon crawling. However, the battles are in first person like SJ. I can understand SJ's first person dungeons bugging you, but the first person battles of SMTIV should be closer to Nocturne's in terms of mechanics and rules since it's using press turn and all. SMTIV isn't out until the sixteenth in the US so I'm getting this from trailers and gameplay clips only, so it's just speculation. Some users here, maybe pepsiman or bocam or cale, might have already played the Japanese version since they all speak the language. You could try asking them, though I don't know for sure if they've played it.

Edit: just to make this absolutely clear, the dungeon crawling and exploration in SMTIV is all in 3rd person, and a lot of it looks reminiscent of Nocturne.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Civ V and Shogun 2.

lol, downtime. No such thing exists.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Between Last of Us, Project X Zone and SMTIV, it's been a pretty fruitful summer for me. I haven't even opened PXZ because I'm so early in Fire Emblem Awakening.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was playing Ni No Kuni, but then I got sidetracked by Rogue Legacy.

Also thinking about buying FFVII on Steam. It's been too long since I played that game.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By Hunter5024

I wish I knew! I had to pawn my 3DS, 360, and Wii for groceries. My laptop is broken so my access to steam is severed, and the only games I hadn't already beaten for my PS3 were Ico and Nier, which I finished last week. I spend my days staring at the ceiling.

aguststef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I have already played through The Last of Us, Tomb Raider and I am just finishing up God of War: Ascension. I will play for the rest of the summer games like New Super Mario Bros. 2, The Unfinished Swan, FarCry 3 and finally finish Vanquish.

I am also looking to buy a PS Vita so I can play games like Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048 and LittleBigPlanet Vita.

Maybe if I'm really bored I will finish up Resident Evil 6 but I doubt it since I really wasn't liking it (I'm a huge RE fan)

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been away from home for a year so I luckily have loads of new games to play!

Far cry 3

Blood dragon

Gears of war judgement

Halo 4

Hit man absolution

Last of us

Avatar image for randomcharachter
randomcharachter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitman Absolution (finished half of it but stoped because exams)

Last Of Us

Civilization V (I played this game alot before and now I will start over again with new DLC)

XCOM Enemy Unknow (Boughted long ago from sale can't started)

Rest is up to Steam Summer Sale

Jojojimmeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jojojimmeny

Well since it's actually winter where I live, it'll be a while before I get summer down-time.. =P

But regardless, over the next few months I'll probably be playing:

- Uncharted 2,3

- inFamous 1,2

- Heavy Rain

I only just got around to buying myself a PS3 and those exclusives, and so far I've only played the first Uncharted and currently still working my way through Last of Us. Also maybe jumping back in to XCOM: Enemy Unknown again - still want to try and finish a classic ironman playthrough.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still have to play Demon's souls, bought it 2 years ago and still haven't touched it.

This summer i'm gonna play some more The last of us, Animal crossing : NL, Yakuza 4, Vanquish (maybe), SSX, some SNES games and Deus Ex : HR.

Who am i kidding ? i'm just gonna play Animal crossing lol

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Just beat last of us and a few I have my eyes set on to beat over the next month+ are:

• Dead Space 2
  • Dead Space 3
  • Far Cry 3
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Bioshock 2

All games I haven't played and want to beat before the new consoles ship. I at least want to get Dead Space 2, 3 finished since I'm still busy for the majority of the month but if I can get 3 of these completed I would be very happy.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Digging into my Wii backlog which is basically every Wii game I own.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ni No Kuni

Dishonored

Syndicate

Asura's Wrath

I'm really close to finishing Syndicate and Asura's Wrath, so I might be able to throw in Sleeping Dogs and Spec Ops.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tesla said:

Asura's Wrath

This is how I felt when you said that.

No Caption Provided

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With PAX coming up, I want to get some 3DS games to a certain level. So Luigi's Mansion, and Animal Crossing. I like to imagine I'll play Monster Hunter too, but if I haven't made time since March, I'm unlikely to now.

Other than that, probably just more Spelunky to get ready for the PC version.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shin Megami Tensei IV.

This goes for me to, so preach on to the non-SMT-believers brother.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

League of Legends is currently the only thing I wanna play. Now I understand Brads problem. Also picked up Borderlands 2.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By afabs515

Final Fantasy 7 (thank you, Square!)

SMT IV

Dust: An Elysian Tail (for a bit)

Magic 2014

Crysis 3

Battlefield 3

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dota 2. I don't really have an interest in any other games at this point. I expect Dota will last me at least until the PS4 comes out.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, New Super Luigi U

(I'll exclude the late August/early September stuff since I don't think they count as summer downtime)

and my huge ass backlog: still playing BioShock Infinite, then I need to catch up on AssCreed Revelations so I can finally make a move on ACIII before IV comes out, Fire Emblem Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 2 still need to be finished and the daily Animal Crossing check-ins will happen. Oh crap and now I remember that I never got to finish Heart of the Swarm before I had to write a paper ... so that too! :D

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Definitely Shin Megami Tensei IV, along with finishing up Digital Devil Saga.

savepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ni No Kuni - about 30 hours in right now

Flower - got it for only like $1.75

Borderlands 2

Battlefield 3 - just got this on PS+, so I'll check it out

And hopefully get through some of my ever-growing backlog

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

in the UK we are experiencing something called 'nice weather' at the the moment. so the outside is my game of choice right now. exchange my TV Tan for a real one. i feel guilty saying in playing games when its nice out.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#50  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Tales of Xillia will hold me over in august, as for july... iunno.