• 61 results
#1 Posted by SunBroZak (1350 posts) -

As with most years, this summer is looking a little sparse in terms of game releases, so what will everyone be playing this summer break? I've got quite the backlog of games I'd still like to play this summer. Things like Tomb Raider, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Crysis 3, Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen and God of War: Ascension are all games I missed out on earlier this year. Though there's a few others I'd like to play as well. I've been meaning to buy the Mass Effect 3 dlc, and the original Mass Effect, then proceed to marathon through those games. I think I might try the Metal Gear Solid franchise at some point too. Then there's all those steam games I bought..

#2 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2403 posts) -

I have a copy of Metal Gear Solid 4 that I need to get to and also I was in the middle of a Final Fantasy IX playthrough that I should go back to

#3 Edited by billyhoush (1194 posts) -

Last of Us multiplayer, Saints Row 4, and I'm gonna start Deus Ex since it's free on PSN+

#4 Posted by oldenglishC (1008 posts) -

Shin Megami Tensei IV, a bunch of actual, non-video game golf, and weekly croquet league (which is way more fun than it sounds). I have to take advantage of the couple months of good weather that I get in Michigan, so the summer games drought is alright with me.

#5 Edited by MocBucket62 (1259 posts) -
  • Uncharted 2: Beat every Uncharted except this one. Weird.
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown: The save I have on my home PS3 is way farther back than where I am on my personal PS3 that's stored far away from my home, but I gotta play.
  • Infamous 2: Seeing Second Son at has me wanting to play this one!
  • Rome Total War Barbarian Invasion: Just beat the short campaign on the original Rome, now I want to get into its expansion in anticipation for Rome II.
#6 Edited by isomeri (1415 posts) -

The game of life, man.

Seriously though I've got a long back catalogue to keep me busy for the summer. Starting with the God of War collection and Amnesia.

#7 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

NBA 2k13, and hopefully I'll get around to finishing Okami and finally playing Valkyria Chronicles while my friends are on holiday, which gives me a few weeks of no parties, beach trips or anything like that so I'll have too much time on my hands.

#8 Edited by Jeust (10858 posts) -

Possible candidates:

• To The Moon
  • Lone Survivor
  • Demon Souls
  • Hitman: Absolution
  • Saints Row: The Third
  • The Cave
  • Okami HD
  • Silent Hill 2
  • Alan Wake
  • Uncharted 2
  • Resident Evil 6
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Radiant Historia
  • Dead Island: GOTY Edition
  • Fallout 3
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Parasite Eve
  • Parasite Eve 2
  • Heart of Darkness
  • Cthulhu Saves The World
#9 Edited by believer258 (12185 posts) -

I'm close to finishing Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, and I have SMT4 pre-ordered. I would also like to finish The Witcher 2 at some point. Otherwise, I don't know for sure. The list of games that I want to see the ending of is much longer than the time I have to play them.

EDIT: Actually, I'll probably finish Killzone 3. I've been playing all these highfalutin' RPGs and need something stupid to play after Nocturne.

EDIT 2: Oh man! I forgot about Fallout New Vegas! I really need to beat that game, it's probably next.

#10 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

I should probably be finishing Dishonored, Assassin's Creed III and the GTAIV expansions before V comes out, but I've pretty much just been replaying New Vegas for the fifth time.

#11 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

D&D. Got my friend to give it a try and we are playing online on roll20.net. Vidja game stuff I can't say. Nothing is really grabbing me at the moment.

#12 Edited by Ares42 (2796 posts) -

I'm gonna guess a lot of my time will be spent with Dota 2 and Civ 5. Also thinking about maybe giving Witcher 2 another shot.

#13 Edited by subyman (668 posts) -

Just finished Bioshock Infinite and am working through Tomb Raider. I'll probably play through Far Cry 3 and the DLC. I still need to finish XCOM. Then after that I may hit some indie games I've missed such as To The Moon, The Cave, Trine 2, and I may try one of those Penny Arcade RPGs.

#14 Posted by HH (626 posts) -

i forked out for the Assassin's Creed complete saga on psn to tide me over, and it feels great to have that much content in the bank, because i can't handle dry spells, at all.

#15 Edited by EarlessShrimp (1669 posts) -

Gotta finish Doom 2 on Ultra-Violence, 1CC Mushihi-mesama Futari, 1CC Dodonpachi Resurrection on not novice mode, Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets, hopefully get Espgaluda II, Then disney infinity, and SR IV.

#16 Posted by StrainedEyes (1331 posts) -

Through PS+ and Gamefly I am going to close out this generation with:

• Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown
  • Uncharted 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • DMC
  • Far Cry 3
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • The Last of Us

End things off with GTA V and then it's on to the PS4.

#17 Posted by Revolver (84 posts) -

I will be playing on the PC to play Devil on the G-string

and end it with the muvluv series

I'm just bored with shooters right now

Its out of my comfort zone but hey I'm really really bored

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

In my immediate(ish) future:

• Metal Gear Solid 2
  • Yumimi Mix
  • Assassin's Creed III
  • Terranigma
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Pandora's Tower

After that, I guess it's either my Steam library or whatever games I can borrow from my younger brother.

#19 Edited by MrHadouken (205 posts) -

Fallout: New Vegas ultimate edition.
Dead Island
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Sleeping Dogs
Sniper Elite V2 Silver Star edition
Maybe Borderlands 2 again.

#20 Posted by wjb (1697 posts) -
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Remember Me
  • The Last of Us

Don't have a backlog, but maybe Dragon's Dogma if I ever have the time.

#21 Posted by pyromagnestir (4339 posts) -

I have declared this to be "The Summer in which I Actually Play Some of the Games I've Bought Over the Years"

I'm currently playing Red Dead Redemption, and I will definitely play:

• Dragon Age Origins
  • Starcraft II Wings of Liberty

And I will perhaps play some of these:

• Dark Souls
  • Bioshock 2
  • LA Noire
  • Alan Wake
  • Bayonetta
  • various games in my Steam library, too many to list

I've already gotten through Fez and Skyward Sword. If I get through Red Dead, Dragon Age, Starcraft, and another couple games from the list I will consider this to have been a successful summer.

#22 Edited by Live2bRighteous (315 posts) -

Animal crossing, The Last of Us's multiplayer.... uh... RE:Revelations... maybe Splinter Cell: Blacklist's multiplayer mode... and ONLY the multiplayer.

#23 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

first I need to finish The Last of Us, then I plan on getting through Shadow Hearts Covenant.

And of course a large portion of my summer will be spent getting through Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Also, in non-videogame related things: I plan on reading the A song of Ice and Fire books (currently halfway through Book 2) and I'll probably watch all six seasons of the Sopranos as well since I got the DVD set for my birthday.

Should be a fun couple of months.

#24 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -

Currently going through the Neverwinter Nights 2 original campaign, and since Mask of the Betrayer is considered to be the best part of that game I'll probably play through that too. Not sure if I'll stick with it long enough to play Storm of Zehir, but that's certainly a possibility (though I should really get back to my Baldur's Gate II playthrough at some point). Other than those, I'd like to get back to Final Fantasy XII International and decide if I am a bad enough dude to get through Wizardry 7 or if I should give up on that game and just replay the less infuriatingly hard Wizardry 8.

Other "Maybe" options include:

• Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Chrono Cross
  • The Last Remnant

I figure between all of these games I'll probably have enough to get me through august before school starts again, especially if I manage to get a job.

#25 Edited by Morrow (1823 posts) -

My big games are gonna be The Last of Us, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Tales of Xillia. I'll play the hell out of them :]

And then all the games that lay around unfinished... ^^;

Unfortunately my job doesn't give me a lot of time to play...

#26 Edited by Irvandus (2881 posts) -
  • Torchlight 2 (Was burned out on Diablo games when it came out)
  • Baldur's Gate
  • World Of Warcraft (My yearly two month love affair with that game.)
  • Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Maybe)

And I might see if I can get a copy of Lost Odyssey It's the only game I feel bad about missing this generation.

#27 Posted by fetchfox (1361 posts) -

More Skyrim (because I need my fix), finally finish the Walking Dead and maaaybe Bioshock Infinite and The Witcher 2. Two months until next semester, woo!

#28 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: Play Bayonetta! Play it until your thumbs bleed! The combat is so fun especially at the higher difficulties.

#29 Posted by SeanFoster (889 posts) -

Civilization V: Brave New World will be my video game summer jam.

#30 Edited by stryker1121 (1583 posts) -

I've got a fairly extensive backlog but I'm not sure what I want to dive into. Just finished the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2 (superb) and trying to jump back into Sleeping Dogs. Also want to finish the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim. After that I'd like to clear the decks for Dark Souls. Never played a Souls' game before and itching to finally get into one w/o any distractions.

#31 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

The Last of Us made me want more stealth so I finally bought and sneaked through Dishonored. Such a fun game, I feel like an ass for giving it the cold shoulder for so long.

Also blasted through Radiant Historia and Disgaea 4, currently going through the PSP port of Tales of Eternia. Muramasa: Rebirth should be coming out soon, too.

#32 Posted by Zeeco (102 posts) -

I'm currently playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Tales of Vesperia, and Ocarina of Time 3D.

In the near future, I'd like to play Shin Megami Tensei IV, Kingdom Hearts II, the Metal Gear Solid series, and Persona 3: The Answer.

#33 Edited by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

Team Fortress 2, Planetside 2, and Dark Souls are all games which I keep finding myself coming back to despite the insane amount of time I've already spent in all three.

For new games, Saints Row 4 is the only one on my radar so far. And I guess the Shadowrun Kickstarter I backed way back when is shipping sometime soon.

#34 Edited by MrHadouken (205 posts) -

Oh yeah, I am going to finally beat Kingdom's Heart I regret never doing so, I don't have KH2... not sure if it's worth purchasing or not.

#35 Edited by GunstarRed (5454 posts) -

Killer Is Dead apparently comes out this summer so that... But more likely I'm just going to be paying back my eternal debt in Animal Crossing and slogging through Resident Evil Revelations Raid mode for the rest of my life.

#36 Posted by Lumley (964 posts) -
  • Tomb Raider (Had in for a month, only an hour in)
  • X-COM (Only a few hours in)
  • Fable 3 (Got it for free.. don't really want to play it though)

And I just got a 3DS so..

• Animal Crossing
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  • Fire Emblem
#37 Posted by cutyoface (553 posts) -

I am planning to play through all the persona games.

#38 Edited by HurricaneIvan29 (681 posts) -
  • Dark Souls
  • Dishonored
  • Arkham City
  • Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
  • Kingdom Hearts series
  • Final Fantasy X/X2
  • God of War 1/2

Those will hold me over plenty nice until next years E3 when I finally decide to make the switch to next-gen.

@mrhadouken: Definitely worth it! It's a huge improvement on the first! One of the best game sequels, in terms of advancing mechanics/plot/aesthetics

#39 Posted by christopherson329 (219 posts) -

persona 3 fes

#40 Edited by ConfusedOwl (965 posts) -

Fallout 3 and Shin Megami Tensei 4 and that's really it. The rest of my money is going towards next gen so I have 2 main games and a massive PS2 backlog to keep me company this summer.

#41 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

My backlog has been growing quite large due to this last semester of school. Games that immediately come to mind are

• Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (Barely started it before something else caught my attention)
  • Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Mainly Peace Walker)
  • Etrian Odyssey 4 (Need to finish this last dungeon for the main game)
  • Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Need to get to G Rank Quests for my 3DS copy, something that will basically require me to replay through all the High Rank Quests except in Multiplayer)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Shin Megami Tensei 4 and Project X Zone are also coming out this summer, so there won't be a lack of games to play.

#42 Posted by Naked_Snake (22 posts) -

going home to my parents for the summer for the first time in 5 years and I'll be rocking my old Ps1 which I leave at their house to play when I'm there.

I going to play through Mega Man 8, Dino Crisis, Spyro 2, and Metal Gear Solid

Probably pull out the old GBA and play some Golden Sun and Metroid Fusion while I'm at it

#43 Edited by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

Now that I have a decent gaming PC, I'm finally playing through Skyrim... I see that eating up the next several weeks at least. Apart from that, I'm planning on finishing a few things on the 360 prior to the new console launch: Mass Effect 2 and 3, Dark Souls, Darksiders, and Assassian's Creed 3.

#44 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5985 posts) -

I've been meaning to continue/start some of these games for a long time.

• Ni No Kuni (About 2/3 the way through)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening (About 1/3 the way through)
  • Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
  • Kentucky Route Zero
  • Valkryia Chronicles (Almost finished)
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Resonance
  • A Link to the Past (Just made it to the dark world)
  • The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings

So far I've completed from my original list

• Remember Me
  • The Last of Us
  • Super Metroid
  • Mega Man 2
  • Persona 3 Portable
#45 Edited by biggiedubs (497 posts) -

I'm committed to getting better at Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, so that.

Will be playing through Kentucky Route Zero when they come out throughout the Summer. Might play Deadly Premonition again, too.

And I'll be getting my Ouya soon! Yeah! Actually pretty excited to see what weird Homebrew stuff comes out of it.

@fancysoapsman Do you know if Shadow Hearts Covenant is worth playing? I've always wanted to play it, but its weirdly expensive, I've found. Amazon UK have got it at around £28 at the least.

#46 Posted by TheHT (11777 posts) -

Saints 4 and Shadowrun Returns are the only new games I'm looking to buy. But Steam sale is coming soon no? I'll likely pick up a bunch of shit. Dishonored, Hitman, etc.

Beyond those, I will make it though The Witcher 1. Mark my words!!

#47 Posted by nintendork666 (203 posts) -

I'm definitely going to finish my current file in Earthbound. Not sure what else.

#48 Posted by Dacnomaniac (444 posts) -

Everything I missed out on this gen (a lot). And the newer stuff, e.g, The Last of Us, COH2, Rome 2, etc...

#49 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (355 posts) -

I picked up witcher 3, dmc, syndicate and Catherine to play and there's the borderlands 2 dlc soon and I'm gonna do a second playthrough of dragons dogma. So I think I'm set until August when games start coming out again.

#50 Posted by Svenzon (729 posts) -

Planning to finish Fire Emblem: Awakening by August, at least. Also got The Last of Us the other day, so I'm gonna play through that. Almost finished with Gunpoint.