• 57 results
#1 Edited by S0mewh4tD4m4ged (348 posts) -

Q3-Q4 2012 is turning out to be packed with great titles. What are you currently playing or going to be buying this summer to hold you off until the bigger 2012 releases?

I am currently playing Gears of War 3, waiting on the new DLC for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and plan to purchase both Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier to hold me off.

Late Q3-Q4 2012 Releases

August

14. Sleeping Dogs

21. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2

24. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (Windows)

28. Madden NFL 13 & Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

September

4. Far Cry 3

18. Borderlands 2

25. Dead or Alive 5

October

2. Resident Evil 6

9. Dishonored

23. Medal of Honor: Warfighter

30. Assassin's Creed III

November

6. Halo 4

13. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

20. Hitman: Absolution

December

12. Hawken (Windows)

Possible 2012 Releases

Skylanders Giants

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Tomb Raider

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two

Brothers in Arms: Furious 4

Grand Theft Auto V

The Last of Us

Darksiders II

Guild Wars 2

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Team Fortress 2, like always.

I'll probably go through my recent backlog too.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36271 posts) -

Quite a few:

• Xenoblade
  • The Last Story
  • Persona 4
  • Skyrim
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Island
  • BLOPS
  • And some others
#4 Posted by DarkShaper (1349 posts) -

Right now I'm just playing a bunch of SWTOR. I might pick up Max Payne next week an I really should get around to finishing Uncharted 3.

#5 Posted by theguy (797 posts) -

The Witcher 2

#6 Posted by Franstone (1160 posts) -

D

I

A

B

L

O

: )

#7 Posted by MeierTheRed (4942 posts) -

I have 3 games i need to start and finish. Like Saints Row 3, Arkham City and Dead Island. So i have more than enough to keep me going over the summer. Plus i have my trusty BF3 and Tribes Ascend to hit up also.

But honestly out of that list only two titles speak to me, Dishonored and Last Of Us. I just hope both are good.

#8 Edited by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

As always... DOTA 2. The only new games I'm really looking forward to this year are: Darksiders 2(August), Dark Souls PC(August), Tomb Raider and Guild Wars 2.

#9 Posted by TobbRobb (4879 posts) -

Diablo 3, Tera Online and good ol League of Legends. I've got some other stuff, but that is the big three. Out of the Q3/4 stuff I'm probably only getting Dishonored and Borderlands. Big fat "maybes" on AC3, RE6 and Far Cry.

#10 Posted by StarvingGamer (8603 posts) -

Who the fuck needs new titles?

Diablo 3 until Summer 2013.

#11 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1733 posts) -

Working through a backlog. 

Yakuza 4, Folklore, Arkham City, F Zero GX, Binary Domain and Clockwork Knight are all on the cards. Might get Max Payne I guess. 

I'll probably drop for a Vita when P4G is released too. 

#12 Posted by dropabombonit (1492 posts) -

I will still be playing SSX. Max Payne 3 and Lollipop Chainsaw are the only retail games that I'm hyped for in the summer. There should be plenty of games on PSN coming out in the summer

#13 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma

Skyrim

#14 Posted by planetary (356 posts) -

Hold off until Q3-Q4? That list, with the possible exception of Borderlands 2, is boring.

The only question is whether any of those will be able to pull us away from Diablo 3.

#15 Posted by pweidman (2384 posts) -

With what will forever be known as 'The Games of May 2012'..... I'm good 'till fall.

#16 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

I rarely buy games when they are current, unless it's something I'm really looking forward to. Also, I still mainly play around with my PS2 more than anything else. Aside from Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 6, I'm not too excited about much.

#17 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

Xenoblade Chronicles 
The Witcher 2 
The Last Story  
Lone Survivor 
Growlanser IV: Wayfarer of Time 
Dragon's Dogma 

yeah, should be an interesting summer.

#18 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I'm becoming addicted to Sniper Elite. A little bit. Teensy. Hoping for DLC soon.

#19 Posted by BeachThunder (12588 posts) -

Darksiders II is definitely 2012 =|

Anyway, I'm going to be playing ALL the games! Seriously, I have enough games in my Steam library to last years.

#20 Posted by Yanngc33 (4461 posts) -

I hope to be playing a little indie game called Diablo 3

#21 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

My very large backlog, right now finishing up Asuras Wrath and GTAIV, disappointed by both for different reasons.

#22 Edited by AndrewB (7692 posts) -
  • Ocarina of Time 3D.
  • Mario 3D Land.
  • Pushmo.
  • Skyrim (just when I thought I was in the crowd of people done with that game, even with new DLC on the horizon).
  • The Witcher 2 (will be more feasible with the new graphics card or entire PC build I'm working on).
  • And in a few days, Diablo III.
  • Also probably going to get back to my Mass Effect 3 second playthrough someday.

But I'd give them all up to be playing one of a couple of Q3/4 releases.

#23 Posted by JasonR86 (9739 posts) -

The game of life and saving money. I'm not always the best at these games.

#24 Posted by Yummylee (22660 posts) -

Darkness 2, Max Payne 3, Dragon's Dogma, Lollipop Chainsaw, Darksiders 2... and I'll probably continue popping in DMC3 HD.

#25 Posted by JacDG (2132 posts) -

Fifa 12 and my backlog of Bulletstorm, Valkyria Chronicles and Rayman: Origens, plus Ratchet and Clank HD collection and NCAA Football 13 when those come out, then some Super Monday Night Combat in between, I also review for a gaming site so I'll get some "free" games from them as well. I'm sure some steam sales will pop up that will force me to spend.

#26 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

Anything i can get my hands on really but Diablo 3 is my next big thing

#27 Posted by JTB123 (1044 posts) -

Probably the combat challenges in Arkham City, I may even get all those damn riddler trophies.

#28 Posted by BaneFireLord (2967 posts) -

I'll keep playing Skyrim (yay Dawnguard!) and probably get AC Revelations at some point. Hopefully Torchlight II will decide to drop this summer, too.

#29 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

I bought waaaaaaaaaaaay too many games in 2011, I'm only interested in Max Payne 3 and Assassin's Creed 3 this year, anything else can wait until a price drop in 2013.

#30 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@JTB123 said:

Probably the combat challenges in Arkham City, I may even get all those damn riddler trophies.

You are absolutely insane.

#31 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1045 posts) -
@Franstone said:

D

I

A

B

L

O

#32 Posted by AltonBrown (950 posts) -

@Vegetable_Side_Dish: F-Zero GX is so good.

I'll be working on Dragon's Dogma, Max Payne, and Xenoblade.

#33 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2738 posts) -

Dark Souls.

#34 Posted by Coafi (1494 posts) -

It looks like in the fall, I'll have to purchase a Vita, with Persona 4 and Virtue's Last Reward coming out so close to each other, those are the only games I really wanna play right now. By that time, Gravity Daze will be cheaper!

#35 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7098 posts) -
@Cloudenvy

@JTB123 said:

Not nearly as time consuming as you'd think. I had all the trophies and NG+ wrapped up 12 days after release.
#36 Edited by gamefreak9 (2500 posts) -

@Franstone said:

D

I

A

B

L

O

From now till the end of time!

Dam i'm surprised by how many people are not saying Diablo. Maybe once coverage kicks in?

#37 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Cloudenvy

@JTB123 said:

Not nearly as time consuming as you'd think. I had all the trophies and NG+ wrapped up 12 days after release.

So you are crazy! : (

#38 Posted by JoeyRavn (4996 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Cloudenvy

@JTB123 said:

Yeah, the combat challenges are far more time consuming than the Riddler Trophies.

Anyway, Diablo 3.

#39 Posted by Morrow (1823 posts) -

I can hardly keep up with all the games I want to play on my PS3 - both old and new.

I'm currently playing some older releases like Shadows of the Damned or Naruto UNS 2, still need to start Yakuza: Dead Souls which I already bought but is still packed.

There are also some games that have no specific priority but which I'd like to get at some point like Silent Hill: Downpour, Prototype 2, Tales of Graces F, Warriors Orochi 3, Kingdoms of Amalur and a few more...

I also started a few but haven't finished them yet like Dead Island...

The games I'm looking forward to the most this year are both coming in May: Dragon's Dogma and Game of Thrones. Atelier Meruru also comes in May but that can wait.

I just have too little free time... :[

#40 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1248 posts) -

I'm getting Fallout: New Vegas out of the way currently. After that, it's The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition for the 360. Throw in some Gears 3 MP from time to time as well. Figured two long ass games and a still somewhat popular multiplayer game can do the trick until the schedule starts ramping up.

#41 Posted by Gargantuan (1887 posts) -

Diablo III and a shitload of games I haven't finished.

#42 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

Probably Diablo3, Dota 2 and whatever interesting PC game I can find.

I'll take a break from those to play Halo4 and Resident Evil 6 and so forth.

#43 Posted by AlexW00d (6496 posts) -

I want none of those games. It's a pretty awful Q3-4 if you ask me. I'll just stick with the games I already own, and War of the Roses whenever that comes out.

#44 Posted by ez123 (2003 posts) -

I'm close to beating Alan Wake and have Rayman Origins after that. Not sure when I'm buying DIII because I'm taking summer classes, we'll see.

#45 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -

Skyrim

Legend of Grimrock

Borderlands 2

Halo 4

#46 Posted by PassiveKaerenai (323 posts) -

Dark Souls, Eternal Sonata (never finished it), and all the DS games I've unjustly ignored over the years.

#47 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

I'll be playing The Last Motherfucking Story.

#48 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon I guess? (this game is such a grind-fest though)....also maybe finish of the rest of the achievements in NBA Jam (which is also a grind-fest)

#49 Posted by PhantomGardener (472 posts) -

D3 and Dragon's Dogma

#50 Posted by Karkarov (3370 posts) -

Uh what? The final two quarters look dismal at best to someone who is tired of the same regurgitated titles over and over. In fact on your entire list other than GTA5 (which will not be out in 2012) I only see two games I am going to buy. Meanwhile I am far more excited about some games coming out in the next few weeks than anything on your list period. So I guess I won't be playing anything to "tide me over" to Q3-4.