#1 Posted by Aegon (6551 posts) -

#2 Edited by Aegon (6551 posts) -

You might have some outliers here and there, but choose the option that most accurately represents what you mostly stick to.

#3 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6419 posts) -

There are far too many options to decipher any useful data from this poll so perhaps either tone down the options or don't make it a poll next time.

Also, I play RPG's a lot.

#4 Posted by pyromagnestir (4352 posts) -

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

There are far too many options to decipher any useful data from this poll so perhaps either tone down the options or don't make it a poll next time.

#5 Posted by Aegon (6551 posts) -

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Ok, well either way you can post whichever option you chose, such as me: 4 of the listed and include which ones you play.

TPS

RPGs

Platforming

Action-adventure

with some outliers being FPS and Puzzle.

#6 Posted by kgb0515 (405 posts) -

FPS recently, but I have no idea why. They stress me out to no end, and I'm not really that good at multiplayer, but I guess it's the replay factor that keeps me coming back. I usually play more platformer/action stuff, but games be expensive, yo! I stick with whatever spreads my cash out the longest.

#7 Posted by Heartagram (1282 posts) -

I play everything but Sim games pretty much. Not into flight sims unless I'm watching Drew explode into the ground.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

Sense it wasn't listed survival-horror for me.

#9 Posted by Seedofpower (3985 posts) -

Strategy games mostly.

#10 Posted by upwarDBound (658 posts) -

You need racing, fighting, sports, and adventure just to name a few genres you don't have. You got too granular here and missed out on a lot of key ones.

I seem to mostly play action/shooter based games, racing games, fighting games, and rpgs. I play puzzle games and strategy/sim games to a lesser degree and even fewer music/rhythm games. I actually play a healthy mix of most genres never really letting one dominate.

#11 Posted by F33L (14 posts) -

fps ofc!

#12 Posted by fantasyfreak07 (66 posts) -

I'd say a mix between first and third person shooters and rpgs.

#13 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

i clicked RPG before i saw that you could pick multiple, but i stand by my choice.

i mostly play RPGs, but i also like shooters(both first and third person) and action games

#14 Posted by Hunter5024 (6193 posts) -

I don't think the currently established genres really work that well as labels for games anymore, but I chose RPGs.

#15 Posted by Morrow (1823 posts) -

Glad to see RPG win, I expected to see FPS go first :]

I used to play only (J)RPGs up until a few months ago. The lack of games of that genre on the PS3 makes you try new things.

#16 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

I'm surprised to see the RPG genre win with a majority over the FPS.

I'm an RTS player myself thought. I love big battles.

#17 Posted by believer258 (12476 posts) -

Mostly FPS games. That's pretty much my favorite genre; however, I play a rather large variety of games so I don't really want to single one genre out as my absolute #1.