• 104 results
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By DeeGee
@Video_Game_King:  He didn't like Scribblenauts because of the terrible point and click controls, and because he found a way to finish every single puzzle in the game with one combination. That's not at all what you said.
He didn't like SSBB because it takes too long to learn the skills of the game, and then you can't play it with casual gamers because you're too good. A fact I agree with, I kicked the shit out of my casual friends when we played that.
And not liking a 50 hour game because the first 5 hours suck is a valid complaint. "The game gets better" is just an excuse for terrible design in the first part of the game. Struggling through something is not the mark of a great game, ever.

Not that I care much about that guy, but you were just so off base it made me think you didn't even watch the videos. He's not a troll, he just voices his problems with games. Usually valid problems.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

What this site really misses is a wholesale of Prada, Adidas and Nike bootlegs with free shipping and paypal payment option.  

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By ProfessorEss
@EpicSteve said:
" The internet is totally missing the "voice of truth" you're talking about. I would like someone to take the comedy approach Yahtzee does but still put out a real review in the process.  "
That would be so excellent - tho I question whether it's possible or not.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By sameeeeam
@Slaker117 said:
" Yahtzee is great at what he does, but he's more of a comedian than a journalist. "
Avatar image for strikerthelizard
StrikerTheLizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By StrikerTheLizard

So the thing that Giant Bomb is missing is Yahtzee? Get out.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By toowalrus
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By kingzetta

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read, and I've read some dumb stuff.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kingzetta
Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Gaff
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
" @RobotHamster said:
" @buzz_clik said:
@Bocam said:
"...who is Geff? "
Y'know... The Geff. "
No no no he meant...Geff. "
What's a Geff? "
So close.
sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By sarge1445
@Video_Game_King said:

" @Napalm: 

To be fair, I wanted to end the debate around ":P."

I can't say much about Jim Sterling, since I haven't really seen much of him, and I'm guessing that he doesn't touch my beloved games. (I'm smart enough to know not to link THOSE.)

I'd say that taken as a whole, he's negative as shit, but instead, I'll just say that his method is flawed. Examples I can remember:

• Scribblenauts: I'm not creative enough to solve these puzzles; therefore, the entire concept is unsound.
  • Final Fantasy XIII: I only played the first five hours of this game, and I didn't like them; therefore, this entire 50+ HOUR GAME sucks. I use the fan's words both to validate this and to shoot down their own defenses, because logic makes no sense.
  • New Super Mario Bros Wii/Left 4 Dead 2: This game sucks because it's exactly the same; however, this game rocks because it's exactly the same.
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Fuck fanboys. That's why this game sucks.
  • Soul Calibur IV: I don't like fighting games; let me justify this by reviewing one fighting game that fans say isn't as good as other fighting games.
  • You're probably doing your avatar, right now. I'll stop.
"
 ok so scribblenauts he found 1 combo that could solve all the puzzles that is an issue 

THE GAME GETS BETTER 10 15 20 hours in IS NOT A GOOD EXCUSE I HATE PEOPLE DEFENDING THIS GAME 

Ok you see Mario has evolved since Mario Bros 3 its been 25 years Mario Bros Wii unacceptable. Left 4 Dead was on its second go around and did have some solid improvements 

Brawl he complained about how matches can be giant cluster fucks which is valid I played the game at a tournament for charity and half the matches were just items and specials going off every where you could not tell what was going on 

and I didnt watch his SC4 review 

Also he has stated games he likes Prince of Persia ,everything made by Valve , shadow of the colossus, early silent hill games , call of duty 4 , infamous ,fallout 3 , WoW , minecraft , just cause 2 .dead rising 2. This is just a short list honestly I would love to see Yahtzee do a weekly column for giantbomb like extra punctuation and to show up on the podcast. The man is brilliant
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#61  Edited By Video_Game_King
@sarge1445: 

If I remember correctly, he gave several examples of puzzles he couldn't solve specifically because he couldn't Cthulhu his way through the game. "When I'm given everything, I can't think of anything" isn't a valid excuse.

Yes, it is. I hate people hating this game, as it's actually pretty good.

So it's just time? That doesn't make much sense. Mario's been around longer, so I don't want to see him repeating the same things I liked before? How is that unacceptable? I'll just leave Left 4 Dead 2 with his Super Mario Galaxy 2 review quote of "hey, what about an expansion pack?" Oh, you mean like they've been doing on PC for years?

I'll just say that's where we disagree, since I like the clusterfuck feeling to the game. Besides, you can take the time to learn the game to negate shit like that, if you want.

Wait, where did he say that he liked Minecraft? I don't remember that. He's only liked one Prince of Persia game (name one he didn't brutally insult that isn't Sands of Time), he seems very begrudging about World of Warcraft, like he thinks that it's as good as MMORPGs will ever get, and Valve just counts as bias. Again, they do the exact same shit that he hates in every other company (pumping out same games, intrusive focus on story, etc.).

I'll just reply to you, since all of this applies to the other guy, too.
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#62  Edited By Sin4profit
@thenexus said:
" OMG! He hits everything to the point and sums up what we all think but do not say. "
anyone who refers to anyone, or anything, as "what we all think but are afraid to say" makes me cringe. You do get to an age when you are no longer suffering the social identity crisis to where you can have flesh opinions that aren't bathed in negativity to look like you know what you're talking about. That time does come. 

Anyway, i like ZP from what little i've seen of it but i don't think he's suppose to be taken that seriously. It's a comedic gig, not an informational one.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By BraveToaster

Uhhhh No. 

SpacePenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SpacePenguin

No. Just no.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By WickedCestus

How about we leave it as it is and you can just visit both websites? I don't think he would fit here at Giant Bomb.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By GreggD
@CL60 said:
" NO, He is awful. "
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Aus_azn
@Meteora said:
" @Slaker117 said:
" Yahtzee is great at what he does, but he's more of a comedian than a journalist. "
And people who mistaken him as a journalist, fanboy or not, needs to know this. "
QFT. He's funny, but as you can tell, he makes basically every game sound like alcohol-induced vomit. It's less of a review and pretty much just criticism.
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By wrathofconn

He's not a troll, folks. He's not doing it to get a rise out of people, he's doing it to make a point about the game journalism culture of playing up the good things about popular games without mentioning their flaws. He's performing a public service. We all know what's good about these games, he's just making sure we know what's bad about them. I don't even think it's about influencing people's opinions, it's just for fun. I agree though, he probably wouldn't fit on a serious team of journalists.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

You know what Giantbomb could use more of? 

Lesbians.

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70  Edited By zameer

I obviously don't know the staffers intimately but I sense that they'd want to work with someone they get along well with and who is already established in the industry like their old GameSpot homies.  

In any case I don't think GiantBomb needs another reviewer. They've stressed quite a few times that they'd like to do reviews on games they think readers are interested in, and they've been able to survive big release weekends by delegating the odd game to Alex, Dave, Vinny or Drew. There are some genres that get neglected here and there (sports lol or JRPGs), but I think the site's amazing because they don't feel compelled to review the 894032849284 games that come out a year and can focus on other content.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DystopiaX

I love how half the people here don't understand that yahtzee is not being serious, or trolling. it's supposed to be for comedic purposes. His shit is funny, but doesn't fit in with giantbomb.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By phantomzxro

No i will pass I'm sorry the guy is good at poking fun at games period. I don't think he tries to be fair or balanced about anything. For entertainment  this is great but for reviews no. I'm also tired of people trying to find the most cynical reviewers or game journalist out there and say they are a perfect fit. I want less cynical and more open minded, Jeff and Ryan has that covered. I would take them making Dave a reviewer any day then Yahtzee.  I want more reviewers who are into more different breed of games and that way we can get more coverage on games.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By amir90
@FinalDasa said:

" He just makes fun of games he isn't writing a consumer review. You're right he is able to highlight aspects of a game but he usually compares them to something vulgar for comedic effect.  Also, another reviewer isn't what is holding GB back. "

Neither is everyone else, including Giantbomb :)

Also, is there no way we can implent [image] function into the site?
I so want it :/
sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By sarge1445
@Video_Game_King said:
" @sarge1445:   If I remember correctly, he gave several examples of puzzles he couldn't solve specifically because he couldn't Cthulhu his way through the game. "When I'm given everything, I can't think of anything" isn't a valid excuse.  Yes, it is. I hate people hating this game, as it's actually pretty good.  So it's just time? That doesn't make much sense. Mario's been around longer, so I don't want to see him repeating the same things I liked before? How is that unacceptable? I'll just leave Left 4 Dead 2 with his Super Mario Galaxy 2 review quote of "hey, what about an expansion pack?" Oh, you mean like they've been doing on PC for years?  I'll just say that's where we disagree, since I like the clusterfuck feeling to the game. Besides, you can take the time to learn the game to negate shit like that, if you want.  Wait, where did he say that he liked Minecraft? I don't remember that. He's only liked one Prince of Persia game (name one he didn't brutally insult that isn't Sands of Time), he seems very begrudging about World of Warcraft, like he thinks that it's as good as MMORPGs will ever get, and Valve just counts as bias. Again, they do the exact same shit that he hates in every other company (pumping out same games, intrusive focus on story, etc.).  I'll just reply to you, since all of this applies to the other guy, too. "
It is a valid excuse its like when someone asks you where do you want to eat and you say I dont care its the exact same situation but a puzzle. As for FF13 no it is not good look any game that forces you to play through 5+ of boring garbage is not a good game no matter how much you want it to be I gave the game 8 hours and it still didn't pick up ,penny arcades comic said it best in 10 hours in uncharted 2 I experienced a full story arch in that time in FF13 I DID NOTHING THAT MATTERED. And yes it is time because we have been playing Mario over and over and over so long now it has gotten stale ,left 4 dead once again its a 2nd title and improved enough to be passable. Watch his minecraft review that man likes minecraft and he had stated he loves the first three prince of persia games.  Actually Valve weaves story into the game you never get vaulted our for a cutscene and you live the experience. Also in his left 4 dead 2 review he said it could have been an expansion. Yahtzee does bring up valid points with all of these games he just also doesn't show the positive. Also extra punctuation shows he can be a real journalist.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By buzz_clik
@Gaff said:
" So close. "
"You've done a man's job, sir..."
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#76  Edited By Hailinel
@sarge1445 said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @sarge1445:   If I remember correctly, he gave several examples of puzzles he couldn't solve specifically because he couldn't Cthulhu his way through the game. "When I'm given everything, I can't think of anything" isn't a valid excuse.  Yes, it is. I hate people hating this game, as it's actually pretty good.  So it's just time? That doesn't make much sense. Mario's been around longer, so I don't want to see him repeating the same things I liked before? How is that unacceptable? I'll just leave Left 4 Dead 2 with his Super Mario Galaxy 2 review quote of "hey, what about an expansion pack?" Oh, you mean like they've been doing on PC for years?  I'll just say that's where we disagree, since I like the clusterfuck feeling to the game. Besides, you can take the time to learn the game to negate shit like that, if you want.  Wait, where did he say that he liked Minecraft? I don't remember that. He's only liked one Prince of Persia game (name one he didn't brutally insult that isn't Sands of Time), he seems very begrudging about World of Warcraft, like he thinks that it's as good as MMORPGs will ever get, and Valve just counts as bias. Again, they do the exact same shit that he hates in every other company (pumping out same games, intrusive focus on story, etc.).  I'll just reply to you, since all of this applies to the other guy, too. "
It is a valid excuse its like when someone asks you where do you want to eat and you say I dont care its the exact same situation but a puzzle. As for FF13 no it is not good look any game that forces you to play through 5+ of boring garbage is not a good game no matter how much you want it to be I gave the game 8 hours and it still didn't pick up ,penny arcades comic said it best in 10 hours in uncharted 2 I experienced a full story arch in that time in FF13 I DID NOTHING THAT MATTERED. And yes it is time because we have been playing Mario over and over and over so long now it has gotten stale ,left 4 dead once again its a 2nd title and improved enough to be passable. Watch his minecraft review that man likes minecraft and he had stated he loves the first three prince of persia games.  Actually Valve weaves story into the game you never get vaulted our for a cutscene and you live the experience. Also in his left 4 dead 2 review he said it could have been an expansion. Yahtzee does bring up valid points with all of these games he just also doesn't show the positive. Also extra punctuation shows he can be a real journalist. "
I never found FFXIII boring.  Did you even play it?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#77  Edited By Yummylee

is this a joke? 
Yahtzee joing GB. 
Geff? 
You're a cupcake?

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Gaff
@buzz_clik
@Gaff said:
" So close. "
"You've done a man's job, sir..."
Too bad she won't live!
helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By helios1337

The Escapist has a lot of interesting content. I would recommend checking out the Extra Credits videos, very interesting stuff. But that stuff is much more serious and doesn't really fit the tone of giantbomb.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Karl_Boss

He's slightly better than Brad but that's not saying much

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#81  Edited By nickux

This site is not missing something like Zero Punctuation. That guy's whole editorial voice is based on a gimmick. What I mean is, Yahtzee has good things to say from time to time but wrapping it all up in his fast-talking shtick gets old. 

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82  Edited By Monopolized
@Laketown:  but most of the stuff he says is true.
sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By sarge1445
@Hailinel said:
" @sarge1445 said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
It is a valid excuse its like when someone asks you where do you want to eat and you say I dont care its the exact same situation but a puzzle. As for FF13 no it is not good look any game that forces you to play through 5+ of boring garbage is not a good game no matter how much you want it to be I gave the game 8 hours and it still didn't pick up ,penny arcades comic said it best in 10 hours in uncharted 2 I experienced a full story arch in that time in FF13 I DID NOTHING THAT MATTERED. And yes it is time because we have been playing Mario over and over and over so long now it has gotten stale ,left 4 dead once again its a 2nd title and improved enough to be passable. Watch his minecraft review that man likes minecraft and he had stated he loves the first three prince of persia games.  Actually Valve weaves story into the game you never get vaulted our for a cutscene and you live the experience. Also in his left 4 dead 2 review he said it could have been an expansion. Yahtzee does bring up valid points with all of these games he just also doesn't show the positive. Also extra punctuation shows he can be a real journalist. "
I never found FFXIII boring.  Did you even play it? "
yep look up UndyingSarge on psn I believe I am on chapter 6 or 7.
Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#84  Edited By Little_Socrates

Yahtzee is an absolutely VITAL member of the industry. Zero Punctuation, while definitely overly critical (even of some games Yahtzee likes,) is the place that most openly and unabashedly calls out the big-budget titles. When he says that Halo is largely competent, and indeed fun, but nothing more, he's right about that, and he challenges us to ask for more. I respect him sincerely in that regard. 

However, as a critic/reviewer, as someone who knows when something is good and when something is bad, I'll admit I don't give much credence to Yahtzee. Basically, I like him as a commentator on the industry at large, but his views on individual games are largely ridiculous and overblown.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
@Laketown said:
" no fucking way, that guy is the world's biggest troll who says bad things about popular games to get hits. Sterling's worse, obviously, but yahtzee would not fit at all. "
Not really, he's just the kind of person who pushes for better shit. Most of his points are totally valid, even if they aren't as big of a deal as he makes them out to be. And he usually points things out no one else gets to (the Black Ops video he did really opened my eyes to some of the subtler things behind similar games). I would agree that he wouldn't fit though, and he's already taken. I doubt he'd leave his current position.
Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Zabant

SOMEONE CALL COMMANDER SHEPARD, ITS THE GEFF!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Devil240Z

Giantbomb needs to hire Hiphopgamer.  

thenexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By thenexus

Not read through everything here yet, Mega busy with work and I am from New Zealand and everyone is concerned for friends and family and strangers down in Christchurch at the moment... 

But, I did a bit of a rant / post and pretty much all my others have gone unread just about so surprised to see I have created a stir. 

I just spoke my mind a bit and ranted. GB is bloody brilliant and I full well know that the Escapist is a bit of humour but I now who he is and know where is located and hes speaking of honest opinion and the things he says are what I think when I see or play a game. 
He for me raises a valid point, Take the DC universe game as linked - There is indeed no true way to know villain from hero properly and all his comments are valid points, just with any other aspect of the game. 

It is great to see people enjoy games but every game, just as with any software or website has its flaws and it is great to see people point that out. 

The Giantbomb team always mention about headshots, turrets etc in games and how - Their done. So True but the pravardo, the style and the blunt instrument to your brain impact of the escapist's points really hit home and for me a joy to watch. 
Watching Jeff do an underground shot (all be it upside down, lol) video for example, things like the mail bag and quick looks all hold that same essence. 

I may put people wrong with the title here because Giantbomb does not need anything else to be great, it already is. What To look as is how to make it even better and they have a great artist creating great graphics for the team. Seeing a GB comic or grabbing someone like the escapist on board in a GB art style video would just be brilliant in my view. 
Copying this / Copying paxx teams stuff - no, of course not but nothing wrong in offering me that kind of fill on the GB site to mak even less of a need to go elsewhere. 

Whole point of the post really. Here in NZ I look forward to being able to get the podcast on a wednesday, I look forward to news and information to start rolling out to read on the way to work or during lunch on a Tuesday. 
I only listen and read reviews and opinions (Geff has my ear every time) on here and I read a bit of the news. 
The sites I go to elsewhere though are for things like news and interaction with the community such as forums. I personally am not much of a community person and this   community is both vast and pretty awesome. Great people seemingly here. For me though the the things on the site works - BRILLIANT, the way it is presented and other aspects such as the news puts me off a little. It annoys me a lot because I want to get into it more. 
I been focusing a lot on UI design studies to improve in this area of design work heavily and learning a lot so yeah I do pick up on and get annoyed by things that others may not be aware of or see issue in. I see things that work but can be a lot better and it is often the case many people do not see those better options and not realise or feel the need for those improvements. 

I had an argument with another staff member at work today on that very thing. He had a page and big text and an arrow, lots of space to make sure a user clicked on the menu he wanted them to do get the ball rolling in that section. It looked nice, he had call ajax content loading in that area when things were clicked and had only the issue with content down the page no one was reading. 
I quizzed the neef for the page in the first place, he wasted so much of the page trying to make sure people clicked a menu item and he did not understand my solution at all. 
Had a meeting with others and the boss about my idea and it is going to be implemented. Not really a new idea by any means, but UI improvements. 
The page where you click university gets that menu as a tooltip/model menu right there on the page, looks nice and like the menu already made. The user clicks them then gets the page they need to be on and can use that existing menu to navigate to chose other options. 
Hard for you to picture maybe but the point is.... He created a number of elements and nice things, true but all of it solved an issue that was there. Creating a solution to avoid that issue in the first place should always be the goal and there was an option. He just did not understand that being a pure developer. 
 Not mocking the Whiskey team for what they have created - Far from it. What they have you have to ask the question - Who else has done it so well ? No one, they have. No real new concepts but this day an age it is how you combine something to create something unique that drives success in the web world. But I have had a nagging feeling ever since the site started about the overal design flow of the site. 

Anyway, personal opinions here only. People will disagree, hopefully people would think similar but hey I am just having a rant at the end of the day, putting my thoughts down and very open to being bashed around here. The hardest thing for any designer is getting feedback and being criticised and to be a good one you need to take that on board, you may not like it but if a consensus forms then you need to listen! I also develop so I have an added bonus of knowing that I need to consider how something will work and can design with that in mind and while it is a challenge to keep up both fields of skill I think it does and will benifit me in the long run. (And also lead to more cash! :) ) 

Anyway, thanks all, lots of responses and I will read through them properly soon. 

Again - Best wishes to Everyone down in Christchurch.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#89  Edited By Commisar123

I can't help but feel as though Yhatzee is just trying to piss people off
papuccino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By papuccino1
@thenexus: I hate Yatzees "reviews" he just rants about stuff in a very fast voice - that's his only appeal to people. I've never seen a video of his and thought, " hey he has a point I won't buy this game!"

Regarding the forums design, the only reason I stayed here was because of the design. It's fucking fantastic and very responsive. I have forums like over on Gamespot or Gamefaqs. This is the best forum software on the web in my opinion. Even posting a reply is a joy.
Simulacrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Simulacrum
@Little_Socrates said:
" Yahtzee is an absolutely VITAL member of the industry. Zero Punctuation, while definitely overly critical (even of some games Yahtzee likes,) is the place that most openly and unabashedly calls out the big-budget titles. When he says that Halo is largely competent, and indeed fun, but nothing more, he's right about that, and he challenges us to ask for more. I respect him sincerely in that regard.  However, as a critic/reviewer, as someone who knows when something is good and when something is bad, I'll admit I don't give much credence to Yahtzee. Basically, I like him as a commentator on the industry at large, but his views on individual games are largely ridiculous and overblown. "
Pretty much what I was going to say.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By LiquidSwords

Giant Bomb isn't missing anything. Close this shit thread down!

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#93  Edited By Grumbel
@Commisar123 said:

" I can't help but feel as though Yhatzee is just trying to piss people off "

Only those who don't get him. Luckily for all those, he explained his way of reviewing at the start of his latest review:

blaze503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#94  Edited By blaze503

if you agree with everything yahtzee says then you just hate games and why are you playing them half the time. He is funny but that is all.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Agent47
@thenexus: Nooo way.British people would RUIN GiantBomb.Americana all the waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy.
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Brendan

As usual, people mistake Yahtzee for a serious game reviewer when he is really just a popular web comedian.  Not liking his humour is fine, but calling him a troll is like calling Russell Peters a troll for making fun of your skin colour:  He's just kidding!  

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By imsh_pl

Zero Punctuation can sometimes cause a laugh or two, but you can hardly call them reviews. He's pretty funny, I admit, but I don't really consider his shows as serious advice.

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I wouldn't mind someone to analyze a video game for what it does right and wrong after it has been released. I'd rather that person not make a dick joke every five seconds though. 

I'd love more analytical articles to go along with consumer advice.

Carestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Carestrike

Holy shit do it. 

I want to see the Escapist mods come to their fucking knees. They treat their members like sheep: if you go, there's someone to replace you because of that damn show.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#100  Edited By Grumbel
@Brendan said:

" As usual, people mistake Yahtzee for a serious game reviewer when he is really just a popular web comedian.  Not liking his humour is fine, but calling him a troll is like calling Russell Peters a troll for making fun of your skin colour:  He's just kidding!   "

Except that Yahtzee isn't just kidding, the points he addresses are very real issue, he just addresses them in a funny way, as any good comedian. But his commentary on games should of course not be confused with simplistic buyers advice, its criticism of the cliches and issues that plague games and that doesn't exclude the good games.