#1 Posted by eisenhorn2k7 (22 posts) -

I was just wondering why there haven't been any new video reviews lately.

#2 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@eisenhorn2k7 said:
" I was just wondering why there haven't been any new video reviews lately. "
They have been busy. Quick looks and all that. The ER. Plus the video reviews take much more time then a written one. 
#3 Posted by JJOR64 (19092 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @eisenhorn2k7 said:
" I was just wondering why there haven't been any new video reviews lately. "
They have been busy. Quick looks and all that. The ER. Plus the video reviews take much more time then a written one.  "
This plus they only do them for huge releases.  Maybe Alan Wake will get one?
#4 Posted by Meteora (5789 posts) -

There hasn't been any large major releases so far; so I doubt they need to really do a video review. A quick look often does a fine job at selling a game alone. I think they have some kind of doctrine that they only do video reviews should they feel that their quick look wasn't sufficient enough in covering the whole of the game.

#5 Edited by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -
@Meteora said:

" There hasn't been any large major releases so far; so I doubt they need to really do a video review. A quick look often does a fine job at selling a game alone. I think they have some kind of doctrine that they only do video reviews should they feel that their quick look wasn't sufficient enough in covering the whole of the game. "

This, and also a quicklook does show you ALOT of game and you can judge yourself with that and some of their opinions.
#6 Posted by ShaunassNZ (2128 posts) -
@Meteora said:

" There hasn't been any large major releases so far; so I doubt they need to really do a video review. A quick look often does a fine job at selling a game alone. I think they have some kind of doctrine that they only do video reviews should they feel that their quick look wasn't sufficient enough in covering the whole of the game. "

This, and also a quicklook does show you ALOT of game and you can judge yourself with that and some of there opinions.
#7 Posted by SoothsayerGB (1468 posts) -

I'd rather have a QL, then a video review.  Whats their point anyway?  We can read can't we?

#8 Posted by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -

Quick looks are way, way more helpful for getting an idea of the quality of a game than video reviews are... I've noticed that when the GB guys do a video review, they're almost reading their written review word-for-word, with some game clips thrown in... whereas with a quick look, they'll jump in and show a lot more of what a game has to offer...

#9 Posted by JoelTGM (5599 posts) -

It's probably a crap load of work to compile all that footage and edit it.  They can't do one for every game, so they only do it for the super popular games.

#10 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Why is everyone asking why there aren't any video reviews? This is probably the tenth topic I've seen regarding this. Is there some kind of transcendental quality to video reviews that I fail to see? All it is is them reading their review to you. 

#11 Posted by zombie2011 (5095 posts) -

I told them to stop making them.