• 142 results
#1 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Haven't been a ton of game releases in the past two months. What games have you been playing to fill the void? Clearing out that back catalog? Still playing Diablo III? Have you gone down the PSO 2 rabbit hole with Jeff?

I've managed to pick up some games that didn't exactly get rave reviews when they came out but I managed to get them on the cheap. I've played through Nier, Conan, Splatterhouse, and Prince of Persia The Forgotton Sands. Rented Amazing Spider-Man, and finally bought Binary Domain. Now I'm kind of out of games for the moment. Contemplating finally playing through GTA 4. Really in the mood for a racer where you can upgrade your car with money you win from races. Think that mostly consists of Need for Speed games which haven't been great recently other than Criterion's title.

So what have you filled your gaming hole with?

#2 Posted by Clonedzero (4093 posts) -

Skyrim. lots of skyrim lol.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9645 posts) -

Heh,

#4 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

Fire Emblem on the GBA. I remember why I never finished it when it first came out. It is pretty hard and I think I'm probably underleveled for the point I'm at. I've also been trying to play Castlevania Lords of Shadow when I can too.

#5 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Fire Emblem on the GBA. I remember why I never finished it when it first came out. It is pretty hard and I think I'm probably underleveled for the point I'm at. I've also been trying to play Castlevania Lords of Shadow when I can too.

I actually played through Lords of Shadow during the last game drought. Starts off slow but it picks up in my opinion and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the second.

#6 Edited by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

Ewwwww.

Well, coincidentally, I've been filling up a disgusting amount of E-Holes in the Gears games... OK, there aren't even any e-holes in Gears 3 (besides the RAAM dlc), which is the one I've been playing the most, but damn it all I had to fit in that stupid joke in somehow. But yes, without all of the unnecessary rambling: Gears of War 3. So much Gears of War 3.

#7 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

Ewwwww.

Well, coincidentally, I've been filling up a disgusting amount of E-Holes in the Gears games... OK, there aren't even any e-holes in Gears 3 (besides the RAAM dlc), which is the one I've been playing the most, but damn it all I had to fit in that stupid joke in somehow. But yes, without all of the unnecessary rambling: Gears of War 3. So much Gears of War 3.

Will you be getting Seriously 3.0?

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

There's been a ton of games that I've been playing. 
Awesomenauts just came out and I've been playing that a lot, Natural Selection 2 beta and I got back into Borderlands again for some reason. 
And I've bought a few games today too that I need to get through also.. 

#9 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Lots of minecraft.

#10 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Lots and lots of it. But also Spec Ops: The Line. And Secret of Evermore, weirdly enough. That game doesn't hold up great...

Also Penny Arcade Episode 3.

#11 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

Not playing games.

#12 Posted by EuanDewar (4789 posts) -

Lol video games are for loserz

#13 Edited by HarlechQuinn (444 posts) -

Considering my gigantic backlog and pile of unfinished/not even started games there might be never a gaming hole for me in the next years...

But at the moment I am mostly playing "The Secret World"...

And now after the the TSW servers are down... we started a coop session of Orcs must Die II...

#14 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Up until about a month ago I wasn't playing anything, . Now Im playing about 20hours a week on steam. Just from the crap I got from the Steam sale.

#15 Posted by Fire_Of_The_Wind (170 posts) -

Dark Souls, got it a couple of months ago, how it didn't win GotY last year is beyond me, it is definitely one of the best designed games of this generation, and free PS+ games.

#16 Posted by StarvingGamer (8032 posts) -

I picked up Binary Domain, The Walking Dead, and Saints Row during the various summer sales and they were AMAZING. I also got around to beating Lollipop Chainsaw, burned through AC:Rev, and have been plugging away at Theatrhythm. I'm going to try and make some headway into FFXIII-2 before getting swept away by P4A and Darksiders II later this month.

#17 Edited by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@Barrock said:

@Yummylee said:

Ewwwww.

Will you be getting Seriously 3.0?

Oh Lord, no. I wish I could have that sort of dedication but... nah, ain't going to happen. Plus I'm also kinda shit at the multiplayer, so Gears of War Judgment will be hitting store shelves before I could ever hit Seriously 3.0 even if I were to try.

#18 Posted by Silver-Streak (1339 posts) -

Got a free Gamefly subscription for a month.

Had them send, then played through Asura's Wrath and the DLC. Went to cancel subscription, they gave me another month. Did the same thing with Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

Cancelled the gamefly subscription after sending back AC:R.

Now I've mostly been trying to get from 40 to 50 in TOR, playing some TSW, and randomly decided to go back and play Twilight Princess from the start, as I never finished it.

The rest of the gap will be taken up in a week or so when Darksiders 2 comes out.

#19 Posted by Demoskinos (14589 posts) -

Heh, you said fill the hole.

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9776 posts) -

Some Theme Hospital and lots of Orcs Must Die.

#21 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I really hope digital game prices keep up with boxes prices in the future. I'd buy a lot more games digitally for the Xbox but the price differences are insane. Two Worlds II is $7 on Amazon. On Xbox Live it's $45.

How's Silent Hill: Homecoming?

#22 Edited by Twiggy199 (496 posts) -

The olympics, films, Dark Souls, THPSHD and Just ordered my third copy of Fallout 3 but now it's GOTYE all up in this bitch(Gotta learn not to get rid of my games, oh well at least i'm not buying used games).

#23 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption, which I had never played and got back into Viva Piñata which is still awesome.

#24 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

Well I just recently got home from vacation, but before that trip, I played and finished Mass Effect 3.

I played through Diablo 3 all the way to the middle of Inferno.

And now I am playing a bit of Starcraft 2 and trying out Skyrim (just bought the CE).

#26 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

Some Theme Hospital.

lolwut

#27 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I've not been idle concerning gaming.
Started and finished Witcher 1 and 2 not long ago, played a slew of random games (Orcs must die, Frozen Synapse, Renegade Ops, Dota2, LoL, Lord of the Rings Online) and I just started Lord of the Rings: War in the North.
Its surprisingly fun, the combat feels heavy but that makes it good, the executions are sick as hell and there's loot everywhere! Loving it!

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (11722 posts) -

There's always a heap of games that need to be played...anyway, at the moment - Blake Stone 2

#29 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: I really liked War in the North as well... for a time. It all starts to feel incredibly repetitive as it goes, though, and the writing and the characters are so dismally generic and cliché. Fighting ogres one after another, and uruk hai who can continuously knock you to a ground, soured a lot of my time during the later portions. Plus trying to play in multiplayer is unnecessarily cumbersome =X

#30 Posted by Incapability (201 posts) -

I've been putting all sorts of things in my gaming hole, if you know what I mean.

If you don't know, you're not old enough to understand. Don't worry, you'll know when you need it the most.

#31 Posted by GunstarRed (5045 posts) -

Sooooo much Binding of Isaac, Mario Galaxy, Shinobi 3DS, and in the last week an insane amount of Gears 3.

#32 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Yummylee: Well thanks for killing my enthusiasm.

Thanks.
#33 Edited by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: x)

I just wanted to vent out my feelings on the game, but could never be bothered to create a thread. So, cheers.

Cheers.

#34 Posted by PillClinton (3290 posts) -

@Barrock said:

@NegativeCero said:

I actually played through Lords of Shadow during the last game drought. Starts off slow but it picks up in my opinion and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the second.

Agreed, if they make it a shorter game. It was just so damn loooooong, and IMO, started and stayed slow for most of the game. The last quarter-ish and the end were pretty fantastic, though.

On topic, I haven't really been playing much of anything during this drought, actually. Dove back into Skyrim for like half an hour, only to realize I still need a longer break from Skyrim, and played a little BF3. That's about it. I want to pick up Syndicate, Binary Domain, and Rayman Origins eventually, though.

#35 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (329 posts) -

I've been playing through Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 trying to get caught up with the story before the third comes out in October.

#36 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Yummylee

:(
#37 Posted by Demoskinos (14589 posts) -

Serious answer tho is Dead or Alive 4 and Skyrim.

#38 Posted by Yummylee (21295 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Oh, c'mon. Don't see why what I think should deter you any :P I'm also the guy who gave LOTR: Online about 5 minutes before deleting it from my harddrive after all. Keep on with it, maybe you'll end up enjoying it a lot more than I do!

#39 Posted by Fat_Magnum (68 posts) -

Tried Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine, it gets incredibly boring after a few hours.

And as of today Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance <3

#40 Posted by yoshisaur (2668 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIV, Awesomenauts on the PC, Blacklight: Retribution, Metro 2033, and DOTA 2.

I'm not sure what hole people are talking about, tons of games have released recently. I guess if you're just into mainstream titles I can see the void though. Play moar indie games!

#41 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1698 posts) -

My fingers.

BUT SERIOUSLY, FOLKS. Got back into Skyrim. It didn't really grab me for some reason when it came out, so I shelved it a couple of weeks after release. I recently got the urge to play it again and now I'm totally hooked. That and God of War III should keep me occupied until Darksiders comes out.

#42 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

I want someone to fill my gamehole.

#43 Posted by Etnos (245 posts) -

What gaming hole!? Diablo 3 is out there, not time for something else.

#44 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Backlog son.

#45 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@ck1nd said:

Final Fantasy XIV, Awesomenauts on the PC, Blacklight: Retribution, Metro 2033, and DOTA 2.

I'm not sure what hole people are talking about, tons of games have released recently. I guess if you're just into mainstream titles I can see the void though. Play moar indie games!

Do they have a date on 2.0 for XIV?

#46 Posted by Scottish_Sin (222 posts) -

I've been playing Game of Thrones. It's not that great but the story has me intrigued enough to keep me trucking through it.

I also have that Risen 2: Dark Waters but I haven't started that yet.

#47 Posted by Chop (1995 posts) -

Jackin' it

#48 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Started playing Persona 2 Innocent Sin

*Adam did an impression of a fighter jet*

#49 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@Yummylee: Of course I will, since when do I ever listen to anyone? ^^
#50 Posted by Nightriff (4926 posts) -

Persona 4, INVESTIGATION TEAM GO!!!!