BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BrickRoad

FFVIII (PSX/ PC CDROM)

I've been playing a lot of RPG's this year. FFIV, Chrono Trigger and now Persona 4. I thought I'd compound my haven't-got-time-too-many-rpg's problem, by starting FFVIII again. I'd forgotten how long it takes to actually get going in VIII. When it came out I loved the battles, and thought the GF attacks looked pretty good. With hindsight, those attacks take way too long, and can get very frustrating. The game looks how I remember it, so I guess it's just about holding up in the visual department. Just. Even if their faces do look like they've taken a beating. Nice sound track and pretty rounded characters, but Persona 4 might trump this.

Oh man, I hope this battle cut scene goes on longer.

FFCC:EOT (NDS)

Another Fantasy claiming to be Final, this time for the DS. Actually, I got a DSi on release and bought this with it. I have the Gamecube FFCC game, and enjoyed playing it with my mate at the time, so we decided to grab this and give it ago. Like PSO, it’s surprisingly addictive once you get going, but nowhere near the WoW level. You know, the 'I'm either going to max this character out, or die first' level. Unlike PSO, it lags like a top class lag student who’s in the best lag university in the town of Lagsville. The soundtrack isn't as great as I was hoping; especially after I read somewhere that it was like PSO's soundtrack, which I really like. However its middle-ages England fete music does the job. Graphically it's one of the DS's better looking titles, with some really nice, detailed areas. Bizarrely on the DSi's bigger screens I think the menus look a little more fuzzy, even though I know it's the same resolution. The controls are a bit clunky, it must be said, and the jumping is hit or miss due to the isometric angle. The DSi’s D-Pad seems to be less accurate for the diagonals than my original DS, but maybe I just need to get used to it, as I skipped the DS Lite. Although I'm having real problems connecting to other people playing it, I'm enjoying it. Even though I keep getting stunned by people trying to hit the enemies I’m near.

Halo (Xbox/ PC DVDROM)

I'm not a Halo fan. Sorry. I've not been playing the single player either. Sorry. This last week I played some of (a lot of) the multiplayer component and I was surprised at its aptness. I still think I'd have more fun playing Goldeneye 64 multiplayer, but Halo's multiplayer certainly stands up against many FPS's multiplayer’s that have been

Oooone. Twooo. Buckle my shoe?

recently released.  The game doesn't look too bad either, however I still hate its over-epic music.

SSFIITHDR (PS3/ Xbox 360)

This game felt wrong after playing so much of IV. In fact, as good as HDR is, I wished I was playing IV. It made me realise how much of SFIV they got right. That being said, I do love the look of HDR, unfortunately I don't love its remixed soundtrack. It’s surreal to see the HD sprites bobbing up and down to the old 16bit frame rate, but it actually isn’t detrimental to the game.

Persona 4 (PS2)

Because of the game listed below, I didn't get anywhere near as much time on this as I wanted today (Sunday), fortunately I played it quite a bit during the week. Rise

You can't see it, but Yosuke POUNDED an enemy. Just saying.

has just appeared on TV, so I guess we all know what that means, right? It's got to the point where I no longer see this games craziness as strange, but appealing, like

EarthBound. I kept seeing 'you didn't have the courage' and 'your expression is too low' on answers at first, and then I didn't see them for a long time, resulting in many blushes from the characters. However I must've got lazy, as they've made their way back.

Hard Drive About To Fail III: The Clone War (PC HDD)

Okay, it's not a game. My hard drive has gotten louder and louder lately, and the chkdsk was a bit 'whoa man, what's up here!', so I decided to buy a new one. I tried various free software to clone the disc, settling in the end on the one that did it right. Pretty good thinking, eh? This lasted several hours and on top of watching Jenson Button sit in his car in the rain took up most of my day. Luckily I got some Persona 4 in, and now it's time for Echoes of Time!

What games will I play next week? Who knows*? So tune in!

* I do, it's: Persona 4 and Echoes of Time.

BrickRoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BrickRoad

FFVIII (PSX/ PC CDROM)

I've been playing a lot of RPG's this year. FFIV, Chrono Trigger and now Persona 4. I thought I'd compound my haven't-got-time-too-many-rpg's problem, by starting FFVIII again. I'd forgotten how long it takes to actually get going in VIII. When it came out I loved the battles, and thought the GF attacks looked pretty good. With hindsight, those attacks take way too long, and can get very frustrating. The game looks how I remember it, so I guess it's just about holding up in the visual department. Just. Even if their faces do look like they've taken a beating. Nice sound track and pretty rounded characters, but Persona 4 might trump this.

FFCC:EOT (NDS)

Another Fantasy claiming to be Final, this time for the DS. Actually, I got a DSi on release and bought this with it. I have the Gamecube FFCC game, and enjoyed playing it with my mate at the time, so we decided to grab this and give it ago. Like PSO, it’s surprisingly addictive once you get going, but nowhere near the WoW level. You know, the 'I'm either going to max this character out, or die first' level. Unlike PSO, it lags like a top class lag student who’s in the best lag university in the town of Lagsville. The soundtrack isn't as great as I was hoping; especially after I read somewhere that it was like PSO's soundtrack, which I really like. However its middle-ages England fete music does the job. Graphically it's one of the DS's better looking titles, with some really nice, detailed areas. Bizarrely on the DSi's bigger screens I think the menus look a little more fuzzy, even though I know it's the same resolution. The controls are a bit clunky, it must be said, and the jumping is hit or miss due to the isometric angle. The DSi’s D-Pad seems to be less accurate for the diagonals than my original DS, but maybe I just need to get used to it, as I skipped the DS Lite. Although I'm having real problems connecting to other people playing it, I'm enjoying it. Even though I keep getting stunned by people trying to hit the enemies I’m near.

Halo (Xbox/ PC DVDROM)

I'm not a Halo fan. Sorry. I've not been playing the single player either. Sorry. This last week I played some of (a lot of) the multiplayer component and I was surprised at its aptness. I still think I'd have more fun playing Goldeneye 64 multiplayer, but Halo's multiplayer certainly stands up against many FPS's multiplayer’s that have been

recently released.  The game doesn't look too bad either, however I still hate its over-epic music.

SSFIITHDR (PS3/ Xbox 360)

This game felt wrong after playing so much of IV. In fact, as good as HDR is, I wished I was playing IV. It made me realise how much of SFIV they got right. That being said, I do love the look of HDR, unfortunately I don't love its remixed soundtrack. It’s surreal to see the HD sprites bobbing up and down to the old 16bit frame rate, but it actually isn’t detrimental to the game.

Persona 4 (PS2)

Because of the game listed below, I didn't get anywhere near as much time on this as I wanted today (Sunday), fortunately I played it quite a bit during the week. Rise

has just appeared on TV, so I guess we all know what that means, right? It's got to the point where I no longer see this games craziness as strange, but appealing, like

EarthBound. I kept seeing 'you didn't have the courage' and 'your expression is too low' on answers at first, and then I didn't see them for a long time, resulting in many blushes from the characters. However I must've got lazy, as they've made their way back.

Hard Drive About To Fail III: The Clone War (PC HDD)

Okay, it's not a game. My hard drive has gotten louder and louder lately, and the chkdsk was a bit 'whoa man, what's up here!', so I decided to buy a new one. I tried various free software to clone the disc, settling in the end on the one that did it right. Pretty good thinking, eh? This lasted several hours and on top of watching Jenson Button sit in his car in the rain took up most of my day. Luckily I got some Persona 4 in, and now it's time for Echoes of Time!

What games will I play next week? Who knows*? So tune in!

* I do, it's: Persona 4 and Echoes of Time.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

Persona 4 is great. I need to play more of it myself but I have been loving its crazy nature as well.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew

Yosuke POUNDED an enemy!