#1 Edited by Max_Cherry (1150 posts) -

I was watching the persona 4 endurance run and had a horrifying thought! What if I'm being controlled by Jeff and Vinny and my decisions are really what they decide after spitballing about what the best answer would be in my decision tree just like it was with Charlie Tunoku. He thought his life was his own when it really wasn't. What about me? Or any of us for that matter! How do we know OUR lives aren't just Jeff and Vinny pulling strings!

#2 Edited by MattGrant (122 posts) -

Are you talking like the Truman Show? That my life is in fact a JRPG that Jeff and Vinny are tiredly playing whilst making hilarious commentary? I'd be ok with that.

#3 Edited by Max_Cherry (1150 posts) -

Yes. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I'm saying.

#4 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

If Jeff and Vinny are calling all the shots, then we're fucked. (Bufu'd)

#5 Posted by BisonHero (7035 posts) -

From the thread title, I actually thought this was going to be motivational. My thought process is weird.

#6 Edited by ShaggE (6699 posts) -

"What if?" There's no what if about it, it's a fact. Vinny is making me type this right nowsendhelp while Jeffohgodhelp cracks wise about my hair physics.

Gotta go, coffee's burning.

#7 Posted by Max_Cherry (1150 posts) -

Come to think of it... I ate some grass out of the refrigerator last night. I don't know why, but I just felt compelled to do so.

#8 Edited by Harpell (183 posts) -

This explains a lot, really.

#9 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Jeff and Vinny (and anyone else) watching my endurance run would be significantly bored most of the time. So for their sake, I hope not.

#10 Posted by TobbRobb (4841 posts) -

This would explain the furious lack of commitment and self motivation I suffer from.

Goddammit Jeff.

#11 Posted by Pr1mus (3946 posts) -

#12 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3986 posts) -

Vinny controlling me would explain a lot of my fuck ups to be honest.

*cures enemy*

#13 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5985 posts) -

#14 Posted by Froghourt (111 posts) -

@harpell: It would explain EVERYTHING!

#15 Posted by Poppduder (460 posts) -

If that's what is really happening they're doing a really shit job at the game and should reload a previous save.

#16 Edited by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

That would suck, primarily because I can't hear the commentary. Also, hey Jeff and Vinny! How about working on my courage skill a bit here?

#17 Posted by Zaccheus (1805 posts) -

That's weird I'm also re-watching the P4 endurance run. It's some of the funniest stuff on the internet, I had totally forgotten how good it actually is... Makes me kind of sad since the current stuff just isn't anywhere near as good. I still watch it all and enjoy it, but Vinny and Jeff were totally on fire with this one.

#18 Edited by Winternet (8053 posts) -

I know that my life is not being controlled by Jeff & Vinny because I've yet to hook up with a girl who likes steaks and wrestling.

#19 Posted by Scrawnto (2466 posts) -

Worst endurance run ever. Get with the social links already, guys! I'm dying of loneliness over here!

I was going to make a courage skill joke, but @banefirelord beat me to it.

#20 Posted by Winternet (8053 posts) -
@zaccheus said:

That's weird I'm also re-watching the P4 endurance run. It's some of the funniest stuff on the internet, I had totally forgotten how good it actually is... Makes me kind of sad since the current stuff just isn't anywhere near as good. I still watch it all and enjoy it, but Vinny and Jeff were totally on fire with this one.

It is Giant Bomb in its rawest and purest form. It's a beautiful thing to witness.

#21 Posted by Linkster7 (1043 posts) -

Ok from now on they will get the blame for everything I do. I totally buy into this premise

#22 Posted by Dalai (7070 posts) -

Let's hope whatever Jeff and Vinny make me do leads to intimacy. Just not with Jeff or Vinny.

#23 Posted by Max_Cherry (1150 posts) -

Enough! I am in absolute control of my own life... I'm going to go study.

#24 Posted by ToTheNines (833 posts) -

masturbation from now on will be awkward.

#25 Edited by LackingSaint (1854 posts) -

Ah god dammit I came into this thread to make a masturbation joke too.

Looks like I

came too late.

#27 Edited by super2j (1790 posts) -

@strikealight said:

If Jeff and Vinny are calling all the shots, then we're fucked. (Bufu'd)

I guess this explains the stock market crash in the late 1920's, also Hurricane Sandy, and immigration law (jeff keeps screwing people over at the borders).

@lackingsaint: I hate you.

#28 Edited by laserbolts (5365 posts) -

If this is true then Vinny and Jeff are some sick individuals.

#29 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -

Well, I already have a constant stream of snarky, dirty minded commentary on everything I see going in my head, so I'm basically half-way there already.

#30 Edited by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Then all I gotta say guys is you need to up my S. Links with the ladies, you get 'em all to level 9 and then just whiff it at the end with a poor dialogue choice. And stop sending me to my part time job, my courage is fine. I need to study or I'll never get good grades which could lead to popularity which definitely leads to intimacy.

#31 Posted by ajamafalous (12153 posts) -

Bufu

#32 Posted by super2j (1790 posts) -

Bufu

ay man, not cool. I didnt get to that part yet. how could you spoil the plot twist of the batman man movie!! Now I know what batman calls his new martial art.

#33 Edited by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

What if Jeff and Vinny are controlling my life? Well... it would explain quite a bit I guess.

#34 Edited by Zaccheus (1805 posts) -

@zaccheus said:

It is Giant Bomb in its rawest and purest form. It's a beautiful thing to witness.

Yeah, there is much more of it now, but it feels a bit diluted. There is such a rawness to it. No production and they don't seem to be afraid to say anything that pops into their head. It hasn't disappears from the current stuff, but I had no idea how much that feel has actually been scaled back. I think you can get a quick taste of it from the best of series.

#35 Posted by ajamafalous (12153 posts) -

@super2j said:

@ajamafalous said:

Bufu

ay man, not cool. I didnt get to that part yet. how could you spoil the plot twist of the batman man movie!! Now I know what batman calls his new martial art.

It's still worth watching anyway to see how he gets back out of the midget.

#36 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (461 posts) -

Yea kinda figured that was already happening.

#37 Posted by RazielCuts (2987 posts) -

@max_cherry said:

Come to think of it... I ate some grass out of the refrigerator last night. I don't know why, but I just felt compelled to do so.

At least you gained some Courage. Now go make some envelopes.

#38 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6402 posts) -

Sort of like in Max Payne when he breaks the fourth wall and imagines himself being played by someone else and he has no real control over his actions?

If it's Jeff and Vinny.......yeah, that'd make a lot of things make a whole lot more sense.

#39 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Wouldn't mind as long as I could hear the stuff said by Jeff & Vinny during all this, might make life a bit more entertaining.

#40 Edited by Max_Cherry (1150 posts) -

I decided to fold a bunch of origami crane figures for this job I have tonight. It's one of those "work at home" jobs.

#41 Posted by Shaanyboi (1343 posts) -

Their comments during my first sexual experience would be depressing....

.... I probably shouldn't have posted that sentence on the internet.