• 121 results
snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

Edited By snide

By far the hardest thing we're working on right now is the ability for users to link their various accounts from all the Whiskey Media sites into one account. It's rough because we're trying to keep everyones unique usernames and profiles intact in a way that causes the least amount of confusion. I'll likely make a video on the whole merger process but for the meantime gander at this here screenshot and feel free to ask questions.  

Here's the main bullet points: 

1. Single sign on is free, you don't need to pay for it.
  2. You don't need to do it (at least initially, we'll likely ask old users to make the switch within 3-6 months).
  3. You'll be able to retain your different usernames for each site, though all new sites we end up building you'll have to use your main name.
  4. People can't pick a main whiskey name that is already claimed on one of our sites already (no worry about land grabbing). This means that if your posting here with name "X", you don't have to worry about stealing your name, you already have it.
  5. If you decide to get a paid account you will also need to sign up for a whiskey account.
  6. All brand new accounts made after september 9th will work across every site, only you old folks need to have the hassle of merging accounts.
  7. We aggregate your wiki points score across all sites and will use that score as the main barrier for wiki privileges.
  8. Mods will remain unique to the site. So being a mod on one site won't make you one on the other. 

No Caption Provided
snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By snide

By far the hardest thing we're working on right now is the ability for users to link their various accounts from all the Whiskey Media sites into one account. It's rough because we're trying to keep everyones unique usernames and profiles intact in a way that causes the least amount of confusion. I'll likely make a video on the whole merger process but for the meantime gander at this here screenshot and feel free to ask questions.  

Here's the main bullet points: 

1. Single sign on is free, you don't need to pay for it.
  2. You don't need to do it (at least initially, we'll likely ask old users to make the switch within 3-6 months).
  3. You'll be able to retain your different usernames for each site, though all new sites we end up building you'll have to use your main name.
  4. People can't pick a main whiskey name that is already claimed on one of our sites already (no worry about land grabbing). This means that if your posting here with name "X", you don't have to worry about stealing your name, you already have it.
  5. If you decide to get a paid account you will also need to sign up for a whiskey account.
  6. All brand new accounts made after september 9th will work across every site, only you old folks need to have the hassle of merging accounts.
  7. We aggregate your wiki points score across all sites and will use that score as the main barrier for wiki privileges.
  8. Mods will remain unique to the site. So being a mod on one site won't make you one on the other. 

No Caption Provided
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Daveyo520

I am exited! WOOOOOO! People named Dave are great. I guess this is better than just being logged in at all times on all the sites :P

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pessh

Looking good.

Berezov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Berezov

Can't wait for this to launch!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

Already got my Comicvine username picked out =P UKAgent..

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

Two questions: 

1) So I can't use natetodamax as my main whiskey name? I'll have to be known as something else?
2) When I link my account all of my wiki points from all whiskey sites will be combined into one total? (More of a clarification)

Avatar image for mightymayormike
MightyMayorMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MightyMayorMike

I've always been interested in ComicVine, and I read Tested. I wonder if this will finally push me to make profiles there?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@snide:

4. People can't pick a main whiskey name that is already claimed on one of our sites already (no worry about land grabbing).

Does that mean that I can't use "FluxWaveZ" as my main whiskey name as it's already my username on Giant Bomb? 

[EDIT] Ah, I understand now; it's been answered.  I'm looking forward to this.
mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By mracoon

Are you going to aggregate a user's quest level across all sites? That could be a pretty cool thing to see.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cap123

I can't wait! I will definitly do more editing on the other sites, knowing that all the points are going into one pool.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

Very nice.  I go to the other Whiskey sites a lot, just haven't got around to create an account yet.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

Yeah so will I be able to use "Kung_Fu_Viking" as my "main name" as I've already got it registered on here and on Tested? 

@MightyMayorMike: From the sounds of things this whole scheme will mean you won't have to make individual profiles across all sites. You'll this single one that will work across them all.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By ajamafalous

I've got a question.

So, I'm ajamafalous on GB and CV, but AJ on Tested/Screened. GB is clearly my "main account;" I have only a handful of posts and wiki points on the other sites. I want to have AJ be the reserved name on future Whiskey sites, however. Is this possible?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mosdl

Will profiles be per site or will they be shared?

MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By MisterMouse

cool! and this will make me more willing to sign up for some of the other whiskey sites.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Doctorchimp

Here's my main bullet point dave... 

You can do no wrong, just do what's best.

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Goldanas

Mmkay, I was curious about the merger process. Now I see that I've got some options.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By snide
@natetodamax said:
" Two questions:  1) So I can't use natetodamax as my main whiskey name? I'll have to be known as something else?2) When I link my account all of my wiki points from all whiskey sites will be combined into one total? (More of a clarification) "
  1. You will. The point is that no one other than "natetodamax" will be able to pick it. Since you already have the name, you'll be able to claim it.
  2. Yes, they will be linked together, but show also show up separate per site. We plan on doing some cross-site leaderboards eventually.
FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FunExplosions

I'm liking the little flag banners for each site. Cool thing with the wiki points, too, as the 1,000 and 5,000 point benchmarks only serve to authenticate an individual's willingness to better the sites, and shouldn't be site-specific.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By natetodamax

Ah, okay. Misread #4. Really excited for this!

dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By dexterslu

Looks really great Dave, I'm super excited to see the finish product. What are you guys plans for account level for all sites? will those remain site specific? I think it would be really great to get an overall 'Whisky' level across all sites and then each individual site have unique quests as well as quests that span over all five of the Whisky brands. 

Anyway, thanks again Dave - you rock! 

Avatar image for thecreamfilling
TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I'm a bit confused. So I don't have any other accounts on the other sites, but If I wanted to make another TheCreamFilling somewhere I couldn't because it's already in use here? 

NEVERMIND, I understand now!

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#23  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Keep up the good work, man.  You guys are doing one hell of a job.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By snide
@ajamafalous said:
" I've got a question.  So, I'm ajamafalous on GB and CV, but AJ on Tested/Screened. GB is clearly my "main account;" I have only a handful of posts and wiki points on the other sites. I want to have AJ be the reserved name on future Whiskey sites, however. Is this possible? "
Yes, just use screened or tested as the place where you create your whiskey account, then link the Giant Bomb name after. That way "AJ" will be your reserved name.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By natetodamax
@TheCreamFilling: You can make "TheCreamFilling" on other Whiskey Media sites. #4 just says that only you will be able to claim "TheCreamFilling" as your main name should you choose to have one central account.
snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By snide
@TheCreamFilling said:
" I'm a bit confused. So I don't have any other accounts on the other sites, but If I wanted to make another TheCreamFilling somewhere I couldn't because it's already in use here? "
No. Since you already have it. It is yours. No one else can have that name.
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#27  Edited By citizenkane

So my power will still only reside in the land of Giant Bomb?!

Curse you, Dave!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ajamafalous
@snide said:
" @ajamafalous said:
" I've got a question.  So, I'm ajamafalous on GB and CV, but AJ on Tested/Screened. GB is clearly my "main account;" I have only a handful of posts and wiki points on the other sites. I want to have AJ be the reserved name on future Whiskey sites, however. Is this possible? "
Yes, just use screened or tested as the place where you create your whiskey account, then link the Giant Bomb name after. That way "AJ" will be your reserved name. "
Would there be any features that I would be missing out on on GB because it wasn't the site I created my Whiskey account from?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CL60

Will we have the same post count across all sites?

Doubt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Doubt

NIce work Dave! Keep on truckin'

but I wouldnt mind making new names 

Comic Vine - Dr. Doubt 

Tested - Doubting tech 

Screened - Doubt 

Anime Vice - Doubt Senpai

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By snide
@ajamafalous: No. All your profiles are equal under the Whiskey banner. If you decide to upgrade to a paid account, regardless of where you signup up joined from, it will work across all our sites. 

@CL60: Yes, post count will stay the same. Over time we'll likely aggregate as many fun stats up to the top Whiskey layer as possible, but we'll always keep things separate. So no worries about you competing with Comic Vine users for top post count (those guys are nuts!)
tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tmthomsen
@CitizenKane: That means you can't interfere with this!
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ajamafalous
@snide: Thanks for the clarifications Dave.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By JJWeatherman

Nice. I'm a little worried about the wiki points carrying over to other sites though. Just because someone knows comic books in and out doesn't necessarily qualify them to go in and make a bunch of video game edits without moderation. I'm sure everything will work out though. This is Whiskey Media we're talking about here.  :)

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tmthomsen
@JJWeatherman said:
" Nice. I'm a little worried about the wiki points carrying over to other sites though. Just because someone knows comic books in and out doesn't necessarily qualify them to go in and make a bunch of video game edits without moderation. I'm sure everything will work out though. This is Whiskey Media we're talking about here.  :) "
Even though I have over 50k wiki points it doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about either. The wiki points merely shows how unlikely they are to commit vandalism.
Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Brenderous

I want this all up in my browser

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By Milkman

As long as I can just keep Milkman everywhere, I'm fine.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By get2sammyb

Hi Dave (and the team). This has been my most requested feature since the growth of the Whiskey Media network. Thanks a ton for doing this!

Just curious -- I only have my GiantBomb account (I've held off starting up new accounts since you announced this was in the pipe-line). How will the merge process work for me? Will I have to sign-up individually to all the other sites and merge to this one, or will this one simply become my main.

JeffEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JeffEater

Yay :) I'll finally be able to link my ComicVine account (called Blackhorn,use it for RPG,i don''t know shit about comic books :P),and this account :D

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By TheAdmin

Hey Dave... 
I have 99X name here, and TheAdmin on Tested and Screened. You suggest going and merging over at Tested so I can "reserve" TheAdmin" for use on all sites, correct? Will "TheAdmin" show up as my name on Giant Bomb then after the merger?

Foggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By Foggen

@snide 
 Awesome, I've been wanting this for a long time.  Are you merging the homepages, inboxes, etc as well?  I've had to upload the same set of images to each site; will that be merged too, or will each site maintain separate databases?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#42  Edited By BraveToaster

When will we know the subscription price?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#43  Edited By JJWeatherman
@TMThomsen said:
" @JJWeatherman said:
" Nice. I'm a little worried about the wiki points carrying over to other sites though. Just because someone knows comic books in and out doesn't necessarily qualify them to go in and make a bunch of video game edits without moderation. I'm sure everything will work out though. This is Whiskey Media we're talking about here.  :) "
Even though I have over 50k wiki points it doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about either. The wiki points merely shows how unlikely they are to commit vandalism. "
Yeah, I guess. I hope that the point barriers are raised a bit though.
dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dexterslu
@Axxol said:
" When will we know the subscription price? "
September 9th via the Big Live Live Show, I believe.
luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By luce

Hmm.. ok one question

Lets say some idiot got himself banned on both AnimeVice AND Giantbomb but is active on Screened.com 

What happens to this user?

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By snide
@get2sammyb said:
" Hi Dave (and the team). This has been my most requested feature since the growth of the Whiskey Media network. Thanks a ton for doing this!  Just curious -- I only have my GiantBomb account (I've held off starting up new accounts since you announced this was in the pipe-line). How will the merge process work for me? Will I have to sign-up individually to all the other sites and merge to this one, or will this one simply become my main. "
Assuming you create a Whiskey account, the next time you go to one of the other sites it will recognize you are logged into our central system and first check to see if there are any unlinked old accounts with your email address, then ask you "Is this you? Snide" and ask you to provide your password. 

In your case though you won't have an account there. It will say "Is this your first time here? Create a new profile?" which on press will create a profile for you with one-click. Done. Now you have an account on the other site and can choose to do the same on each of the other sites if you choose to.
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By MetalGearSunny

That sounds awesome!!

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By snide
@99X said:
" Hey Dave... I have 99X name here, and TheAdmin on Tested and Screened. You suggest going and merging over at Tested so I can "reserve" TheAdmin" for use on all sites, correct? Will "TheAdmin" show up as my name on Giant Bomb then after the merger? "
If that's the name you want, yes. And yes, it will not overwrite your name here. It will simply reserve it for you on any new sites.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Azteck

Will this mean that you'll be able to see what users are called on the other whiskey media sites by going to their profile on Giant Bomb for example?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By get2sammyb
@snide: Sounds fantastic. Thanks mate. :)