#1 Edited by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

I would recommend Atom Zombie Smasher to just about any gamer with a PC or Mac.

#2 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Super Meat Boy, VVVVVVVVVVVV, and Limbo.. All 3 gave me lots of fun.

#3 Posted by Sirico (53 posts) -

Digital: A love story

http://www.scoutshonour.com/digital/

#4 Posted by Animasta (14712 posts) -

good ones!

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I'd say Aquaria, but it got the popularity it deserved after the Steam sale. So how about Machinarium?

#6 Edited by CandiBunni (465 posts) -

Is Cave Story still an acceptable answer? I'd also say Super Meat Boy, The Binding of Issac, Limbo, VVVVVV, Mighty Jill Off, Braid, Flower, Gish, and Journey (when it's released).

#7 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

VVVVVV and Super Meat Boy, Also, Machinarium.

#8 Posted by TwoLines (2819 posts) -

VVVVVV, Aquaria, Super Meat Boy, Limbo, Braid and Bastion obviously, Mighty Jill Off, Spelunky, Cave Story and uhh... I can't remember any more right now. Look around the Indie section of the Steam store.

#9 Posted by imsh_pl (3298 posts) -

Bastion, to see how much content can be packed into a single downloadable
Braid, to provoke reflection while playing a not at all bad platformer
Super Meat Boy, to push your skills to the limits
Puzzle Agent, to see how a seemingly innocent puzzle game can sustain an uneasy and creepy atmosphere while uncovering one of the best intrigue based stories to be found in gaming

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (12094 posts) -

Braid.

#11 Posted by kalmis (1559 posts) -

Another indie game thread, another Spacechem recommendation from me

#13 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Look up BoG's blogs, there are a couple of what I consider great indie games that I have poured hours into already.

#14 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I am not the type of person who thinks that all games are for everybody, and i dont think every one should play a game just because i like it. but i have been playing Cities in Motion, and i think if you like Railroad tycoon, or especially Transport tycoon you should try this.

#16 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

Flower...I thought that game was just such a relaxing experience, absolutely loved it. It's such a good example of a game that can based more on the experience and the feeling than actual gameplay.

#17 Posted by Foil1212 (445 posts) -

I agree with all of these suggestions, but I'd like to add The Binding of Isaac, Flotilla, and Gravity Bone. Also, I haven't found a game by Blendo Games that I haven't liked.

#18 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Bastion and Binding of Isaac.   
Two of my favorite games this year.

#19 Posted by Ley_Lines (256 posts) -

recettear: an item shop's tale

#20 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Its very obscure, you posers won't have heard of it.

Or Binding of Issac. Oh and my GOTY Bastion.

#21 Posted by artgarcrunkle (970 posts) -

Whatever the newest Spiderweb Software game is at the moment.

#22 Posted by BisonHero (6674 posts) -

Zeno Clash. Incredibly original setting and art design, bizarre plot and characters, oddly satisfying first-person brawling. $15. There's a demo on Steam if you want to try it first.

#23 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 gets my vote. Good luck with finding it though, cause there are only 10 copies that exist.

#24 Posted by BoG (5191 posts) -

My top indie titles include Cave Story, Braid, Cho Ren Sha 68K, and Noitu Love 2.

#25 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

Oh boy where to begin,

VVVVVV, Super Meat Boy, Binding of Issac, Space Chem, Cthulu Saves the World, Machinarium, Trine, Magicka, Osmos and Revenge of the Titans.

Can't go wrong with those.

#26 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

I believe that for mankind to achieve progress, every human being should play Braid.

#27 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6312 posts) -

There have been a ton of great titles mentioned, so I'll try to keep mine a little different. I don't know exactly if these would qualify as indie - some of them had pretty big releases for their platform's online stores, but they're defnitely worth checking out.

• Joe Danger - Fantastic time sink of a game, with a lot to do in very manageable chunks. Super fun and some spot-on controls, too.
  • Shadow Complex - I'm sure everyone here has at least heard of it, but for Metroid-esque games this generation, I think it can't be beat.
  • Torchlight - Right now, other than Titan Quest, it's the best Diablo game not named Diablo.
  • World of Goo - Stupidly fun, great amount of charm, and gets surprisingly clever at times.
  • Hector Ep. 1-3 - I know these were published by Telltale, which I don't consider to be very independent, but they were developed by a small team and are definitely indie-spirited. Very fun point-and-click adventures.
  • Space Rangers 2 - Again, not really truly indie, but has a fantastic amount of indie spirit. It's really a bizarre mix of several different game types with, ostensibly, an arcadey-space adventure type feel. If you haven't checked it out, it's crazy fun.
#28 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Orcs Must Die! Superbly made and heaps of content

#29 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Sequence:-

Overgrowth:-

#30 Posted by TobbRobb (4749 posts) -

I'm not sure what EVERYONE should play, indie games are usually very specific in taste. Though my personal favorite is probably Super Meat Boy, I don't mind recommending that to anyone.

#31 Edited by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Bastion, World of Goo, Bastion, Trine, Bastion.

Bastion.

Edit: Oh, and Terraria+MineCraft

#32 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

The Stanley Parable.

I keep saying this and no one listens.

#33 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

@MysteriousBob said:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Its very obscure, you posers won't have heard of it.

Or Binding of Issac. Oh and my GOTY Bastion.

Dirty hipster! I knew about Modern Warfare when it wasn't half as Modern as it is nowadays..

kids...