• 117 results
DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By DarthOrange

I got the idea of this from a post made by on this page. What exactly is this website about to you. Don't show me a smelly video made by the bomb crew, tell me in your own words what this site is about to you.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@DarthOrange said:

Don't show me a smelly video made by the bomb crew

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By tourgen

wasting me free time and relaxing

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By PeasantAbuse

This is where I come to do video games.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King

Duderity.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By willin

Because Kotaku is too... meh.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Its all about coke and hookers here.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

At the moment it's Lumines, cars with guns mounted on them, and viewers like you. Though it tends to change every now and then.

As for me, it's a site with usually good videos that give me an idea of what a game is really like as trailers never come close to giving you a good feel for the pace of a game. I think I come here more out of habit then anything at this point though, as my enjoyment in the sites content is far less then what it was when I first started. Though I guess that could be attributed to it being something new back then, and now it's become common place so the new shine is gone.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShadowConqueror

This is where I come to do stuff and have stuff done to me.

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SeanFoster

Celebrating our favorite hobby.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#11  Edited By Claude

For me it was freedom. I feel like I can be me here in word form, but also for the fun of it all, you know. And the video games, my god, the video games, they're everywhere you look. It's crazy. I've learned a lot. I'm still learning.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Phatmac

Mostly for laughs and the bombcast. While we differ on opinions at times, you have to respect their opinions at some point. This site feels alive and free to me. I can relate to the GB crew while other sites don't try to be relaetable or have enough moments with editors. While Giant Bomb doesn't cover every game, they cover enough games and have fantastic content that easily trumps anything out their. I just love these guys and what they've done with the site. I also have found editing the database to be addicting. So yeah a lot of good reasons to like Giant Bomb.

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joshth

Because this site celebrates everything about video games. In every way. Because I now feel like I know almost everyone that works on Giant bomb beacuse of there fantastic and shining personalities. Because this is a community of people that can come, hang out, relax, and talk about one of our favorite hobbies.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Branthog

GiantBomb is the place I came to, because I started following Jeff as soon as the whole Kane & Lynch thing went down. As soon as the slightest rumor of him starting something up on his own surfaced, I was all over it. And now it's the clean, fairly uncluttered, content-oriented (versus content-spammed/ad-spammed/etc) site where I can engage in mostly decent conversations, play games with community members, and watch some really great content that I feel was created for me; not for an advertiser. Also, this is where I come to do stuff to .

Also, how could I not be at a place that gives me beautiful moments like this?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By mazik765

Awesome videos and the bombcast. And more often than I like to admit I fall into this god damn forum trap and make a fool of myself by arguing over the internet :(

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Claude
@mazik765 said:

Awesome videos and the bombcast. And more often than I like to admit I fall into this god damn forum trap and make a fool of myself by arguing over the internet :(

It's not an argument when you're right.
VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By VisariLoyalist

A fantasy land from the mind of Jeff Gerstmann that we all get to escape to from time to time.

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Stepside

Why do I come here? Because of the unusually intelligent nature of its forums, the Bombcast, the Reviews and the wiki. I love this site and gladly pay a monthly fee for it.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By WickedCestus

Vinny.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dungbootle

Cool dudes and cool games

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Branthog

@Claude said:

@mazik765 said:

An argument is the action/process, not the validity of that which is argued. And I am right. :P

But, yes, I don't know how I have posted this many messages. What the fuck? I should kind of be filled with shame.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By toowalrus
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Claude
@Branthog said:

@Claude said:

@mazik765 said:

An argument is the action/process, not the validity of that which is argued. And I am right. :P

But, yes, I don't know how I have posted this many messages. What the fuck? I should kind of be filled with shame.

You're right. Let us revel in our shame.
SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SquirrelGOD

Love.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By big_jon

Ryan, Vinny Jeff, and Brad.

Also funny shit, games, food, drinks, and space.

alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By alex

Video games.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By FengShuiGod

It is mostly a noumenal experience that has some tenuous relation to video games.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Giant Bomb is a website about love.

Edit: DAMN YOU, GOD OF SQUIRRELS!

evilalfie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By evilalfie

Pennies.

Teru_Murasame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Teru_Murasame

One word, and one word only: Brono

Seriously, the Endurance Run was awesome! You guys should totally do another one.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Masha2932

@dungbootle said:

Cool dudes and cool games

You forgot the hot dudettes and hot games. :-)

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#32  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Large explosives.

I dig that it's community-driven and community-supported. It makes it feel a little like the video game website equivalent of Louie: Duders doing their own thing without the usual obstacles to creativity that are executives/advertisers and making something unfettered and amazing as a result.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Masha2932

OP, for me Giant Bomb is;

1. The people: A bunch of talented guys just having fun while following and reporting on their favourite hobby at the same time. The crew are passionate about games and have a positive attitutde about it. On which other site do you see the staff playing around with developers. John Drake and John Vignocchi are as much a part of Giant Bomb as the main crew. The guys have fun with gaming, it is a form of entertainment after all, but they are still weary of industry changes that may harm the medium-listen to one of Jeff's rants for example and you realise just how much he loves games.

2. The scope. Giant Bomb is a medium sized site and the guys know this and as a result they have tailored there coverage to suit their size. As a result you get to know the staff better compared to other websites. For example I feel like I can trust Jeff when he tells me a certain shooter is good or bad because I know about the hours he spent playing COD4 when he was unemployed. I haven't met the guy but I feel like I know him. Ryan is a jerk at times, but he's a lovable one. Vinny seems to like everything and nothing at the same time. Brad is mad about starcraft and even though I zone out when he's talking about fruit dealer and GSL, I still appreciate his passion. Alex's posts may be few lately but you can always tell by the sarcastic bylines when he returns. I still haven't got a read on Patrick since he has been all over the place lately but I'm sure I'll appreciate him in time.

3. The website: Giant Bomb is one of the best gaming sites out there with a nice layout and a clutter free space. I know where to find everything and I can easily find a feature or article. Have you ever tried finding an old video at Gamespot or Ign? Good luck if you dare to try. I can come to the site at the end of the day and not worry that I have to trawl through 50 news articles. I like that I can go through and comment on a video without reloading the page. I like editing the site and seeing my work up in a day or two. I like the community, sometimes we disagree but the conversations on the site are often mature and civil. Any fanboys or needless topics are quickly discarded by the community. I love that the site doesn't have dumb 10 page list articles and I love the great video content.

Reading the above you might think that Giant Bomb is perfect. The truth is it isn't. I don't like how some of the content is arranged, I would prefer if I could sort through the podcasts by year, same with the quick looks. I miss Giant feature articles by the rest of the team. Only Patrick and Alex seem to be writing features for the site which is sad. I want to read about Ryan's adventures as he plays Ms PacMan with his girlfriend, I want to read about Brad's Starcraft watching etc. Sometimes I wish the site had more feature and video content per day. How about a daily flash game quick look at the end of the day? ( Klocking out with Kongregate maybe) How about more behind the scenes featurettes, we watched building a bomb together in 2008 how about maintaining the Bomb? Who is the head of Whiskey media? Who are the guys behind the site? We should meet them. Patrick could maybe do a feature on these aspects.

In summary, to me Giant Bomb is what other gaming sites lost when they grew up- that Video games are fun and should be covered that way.

Note to self: This sounds like the most pretentious crap you have ever written, Masha2932

JunkHype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JunkHype

Sex, drugs, and hardcore gangsta rap. In actuality, gnarly dudes who tickle my funny bone and make me blush, oh my. Also video games, but that kinda goes without saying.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#35  Edited By huntad

Video Games

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Vidya games "officially" but secretly, I'm here for the stupidity. Plus I just love those guys. I don't care who knows it.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dany

Videos games coverage wrapped in casual, funny yet informative commentary.

JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38  Edited By JamesJeux007

Man, that video was awesome. It took me forever to see it because I had to pause it I was laughing so hard.

For me, GiantBomb is about really funny people playing video games, which, curiously enough, happens to be my passion.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Not made by the Bombcrew, so it counts.

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By face15

GiantBomb.com: It's a website about video games.

@supermike6 said:

Vinny.

Also, this.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By InternetDotCom

It is a website about love

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#42  Edited By Sooperspy

The community is pretty great, the staff content is fantastic, the staff itself is fantastic. Oh, and I kinda like video games, just a little.

narficacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By narficacid

These guys make me laugh and are really knowledgeable about my favorite hobby. The past years would have been much darker for me without the Bomb.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Giant Bomb's made me generally happier. I know that whatever happens, there will be interesting and funny content provided by this site on a regular basis. The staff members are all interesting and I'm interested in what they have to say regarding various topics. I enjoy the forums as most people here are not jerks and I like seeing what others think about different topics, just like in this thread. I also enjoy sharing my own opinions and knowing that at least a few people will care what I have to say.

All of this complimenting the fact that video games is my hobby of choice makes this a wonderful place for me.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iam3green

message boards, video game reviews, previews.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TruthTellah

Awesome people watching awesome people, being awesome people, with other awesome people. Giant Bomb.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#47  Edited By Little_Socrates

The one site that makes me feel like video games still totally matter. Unlike Hollywood, which is getting progressively more bombastic and repetitive, this site reminds me that even the triple-A games can be great and are worth loving just as often as it reminds me that soul-crushing business practices and multimillion dollar budgets are not the only way to make good video games. Also, it reminds me that intelligent people still totally play video games, both in the site's staff (who I adore over pretty much every games press member aside from Adam Sessler) and in the users, who are absolutely AWESOME literally 95+% of the time.

Basically, it's the one site that doesn't make me say "Yeah, the world might be better without the Internet."

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Stepside

Alex Navarro.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Watching people play games for me instead of playing them myself.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@FluxWaveZ: First response, well played sir.