• 111 results
#101 Edited by Snail (8574 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

I feel compelled to bump this because of the recent DmC Devil May Cry review.

I don't see why the review would actually be controversial. I just don't freaking understand why people are surprised this game is getting acclaimed, never mind being actually upset. I think it's always looked awesome ever since they showed gameplay the public. Why does it seem people want this game to be bad? Because of Dante's new look?

That said, in my opinion there was no need to bump this thread. It's just adding to the fire. The stupid, stupid fire.

#102 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

@Snail said:

That said, in my opinion there was no need to bump this thread. It's just adding to the fire. The stupid, stupid fire.

But the fire is what I live for!

Having a repository of all GB reviews many people got angry about is handy, at least for me, so I had to.

#103 Posted by Pr1mus (3771 posts) -

The "Sexism in the Game Industry" review.

#104 Posted by Levio (1782 posts) -

8.8 is by far the most entertaining controversial review score. It's too low for the game's fans and too high for those disillusioned with the franchise, so absolutely no one agrees with it.

#105 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10332 posts) -

@Levio said:

8.8 is by far the most entertaining controversial review score. It's too low for the game's fans and too high for those disillusioned with the franchise, so absolutely no one agrees with it.

I absolutely love that game, and I personally think it's better than an 8.8, but even the younger/more antagonistic me from 2006 thought the people complaining about that review were crazy.

Conversely, I don't know what to think once I realized that you never once mentioned the name of the game, but I know what you speak of.

As a side note, I think reviving this thread for DmC makes total sense.

#106 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@MAN_FLANNEL said:

But Catherine sucks...

#107 Edited by BaconGames (3280 posts) -

Controversy over game reviews? I have no idea what you're talking about...

#108 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

The only really review that I could consider "controversial" would be 8.8. Just because of the amount of shit that came up from it.

#109 Posted by Willin (1277 posts) -

@BaconGames said:

Controversy over game reviews? I have no idea what you're talking about...

I feel like any time a website has a controversial review this needs to be the first response.

#110 Posted by Irvandus (2774 posts) -

Catherine

#111 Posted by Vashyron (198 posts) -

Should there also be a thread that goes something like "Suck it Haters"?