What is going to happen to my Playstation 3?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Yukoei

Okay guys, so no doubt you have heard about the issue with all fat Sony Playstation 3s at the moment but what will happen if Sony cant fix it with an update and its a hardware problem?

What would they do? If they fixed all the fat Playstations in the world then it would take months before we got ours back and if Sony tell us to buy a new PS3 I will fucking burn them down.

So tell my forum, if it IS a hardware problem what should Sony do?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Yukoei

Okay guys, so no doubt you have heard about the issue with all fat Sony Playstation 3s at the moment but what will happen if Sony cant fix it with an update and its a hardware problem?

What would they do? If they fixed all the fat Playstations in the world then it would take months before we got ours back and if Sony tell us to buy a new PS3 I will fucking burn them down.

So tell my forum, if it IS a hardware problem what should Sony do?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Yukoei

Bump.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Rhaknar

i seriously doubt its hardware related

edit: although, if by some small chance this was hardware related, and all these ps3s were in fact bricked... that would be as bad, or even worse than the rrod fiasco

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Yukoei:  why whats wrong with the ps3 ?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Yukoei: nvm i got it. sucks 4 u mate
webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By webby

Try it tomorrow it should work. On GAF people were looking into it and basically the PS3's internal clock (not the OS one) was going to 29th Feb instead of 1st March. Which was then changing to 31st Dec 1999.  29th Feb isn't even on PSN's calender so it was causing a sync problem.  
Least I hope so anyway.  
Also they would fix it/replace it. They won't tell people to screw themselves when its on a really big scale.

Biggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Biggie

I hope for Sony's sake this problem can be resolved by a simple firmware update. Otherwise it will become very expensive for them to repair all the systems hit by this glitch. Cause if they don't stand behind their product when the glitch is so clearly Sony's fault, they will tarnish their brand image more than this problem already has.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Kiemoe

This sounds software related, at the worst I would assume they put out a patch within a day or two.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By penguindust

This is the reason why I haven't downloaded/installed the most recent required firmware update.  I would rather be offline forever than have my 60 gig PS3 with full backward compatibility get screwed by Sony's irresponsible firmware implementation.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RobotHamster

I sure hope that it's patchable, or else I'm not going to be a happy camper! (And by camper I don't mean noobs hiding out in a corner with their noob guns playing like noobs)

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By get2sammyb

All that's going to happen is, the clock'll tick over, the algorithm will suddenly work again, and all the "bricked" PS3s will suddenly be functional as they were.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Interfect
@get2sammyb: 

But i manually changed my time and date back. So does it matter that I did that?
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Capum15
@Webby said:
" Try it tomorrow it should work. On GAF people were looking into it and basically the PS3's internal clock (not the OS one) was going to 29th Feb instead of 1st March. Which was then changing to 31st Dec 1999.  29th Feb isn't even on PSN's calender so it was causing a sync problem.  Least I hope so anyway.  Also they would fix it/replace it. They won't tell people to screw themselves when its on a really big scale. "
@get2sammyb said:
" All that's going to happen is, the clock'll tick over, the algorithm will suddenly work again, and all the "bricked" PS3s will suddenly be functional as they were. "
Basically the exact same thing that happened to the 30GB Zunes' around the world a few years back. Happened to mine and a friends. It was fine the next day.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By get2sammyb
@Interfect: From what I understand, the PS3's clock is set to GMT. The time on your system is calculated via a host of mathematics that work out the time for YOUR system. So it's subtracting, adding or whatever to work out the time displayed on your XMB.

When it reaches 00:00GMT, I can't see how anything can happen OTHER than the system working out the date again and going "oh right, I work now".

I just can't feasibly understand how anything other can happen. I imagine by 00:00GMT every PS3 will be back online running like it was on Saturday.
Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
@get2sammyb said:

" @Interfect: From what I understand, the PS3's clock is set to GMT. The time on your system is calculated via a host of mathematics that work out the time for YOUR system. So it's subtracting, adding or whatever to work out the time displayed on your XMB.  When it reaches 00:00GMT, I can't see how anything can happen OTHER than the system working out the date again and going "oh right, I work now".  I just can't feasibly understand how anything other can happen. I imagine by 00:00GMT every PS3 will be back online running like it was on Saturday. "

But won't that still be screwed up?  It will "work" by going to the next day, meaning March 1st on March 2nd.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By get2sammyb
@Fish_Face_McGee: The main thing at 00:00GMT should be that the system is able to define a "real" date that is acceptable by the PSN. Meaning you should be able to log-in and sync trophies etc. Which obviously, the use of the system is most important.

If the date is still wrong, I'd imagine Sony would be able to release a firmware update that tweaked the equation determining the date and subsequently correct that.
JohnRehill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By JohnRehill
@Fish_Face_McGee said:
" @get2sammyb said:

" @Interfect: From what I understand, the PS3's clock is set to GMT. The time on your system is calculated via a host of mathematics that work out the time for YOUR system. So it's subtracting, adding or whatever to work out the time displayed on your XMB.  When it reaches 00:00GMT, I can't see how anything can happen OTHER than the system working out the date again and going "oh right, I work now".  I just can't feasibly understand how anything other can happen. I imagine by 00:00GMT every PS3 will be back online running like it was on Saturday. "

But won't that still be screwed up?  It will "work" by going to the next day, meaning March 1st on March 2nd. "
lol, most likely.
TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TotalEklypse

AHHH Y2K RETURNS. 

Bricks have been shat.