What is Halo Reach

mikesira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By mikesira

According to the Examiner there was a post on Bungie.net about something called Halo Reach.
Do you think MS will announce another Halo game @ E3 and if so with gender will it be?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Halo: Fall of Reach?  It's a book.  I believe Halo Wars summarizes the fiction.
Considering that it briefly was a category on the forums though, yea, probably a new halo game

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

I can photoshop drop down menus too!
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

--- Actually.  assuming this appeared, it doesn't necessarily mean reach on second thought.  They could have been testing to make sure it'd go up right.  Halo: Reach could just be a fake name to use.  That would mean that a new game from bungie is coming

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Karmum
SmugDarkLoser said:
--- Actually.  assuming this appeared, it doesn't necessarily mean reach on second thought.  They could have been testing to make ... [more]
Let's hope a new game entirely, rather than trying to milk out another Halo game. I'm sure that will please the hardcore Halo players, but there are even more people that would rather prefer a new IP. After all, I'm pretty sure they are working on a non-Halo game.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Karmum said:
SmugDarkLoser said: --- Actually.  assuming this appeared, it doesn't necessarily mean reach on second thought.  They could have been testing ... [more]
Wait a second.  People throw around that way to much.  When you say "milk out another halo game" you're implying that they're essentially just tossing it out there as a cash in-- like mario party.  each halo has changed up things quite significantly and feels like a sequel, not an expansion.  While I agree that I'd like to see a new game, they're hardly milking the series.  And hell, halo hasn't really had that many installments yet.  I'm one who enjoys the star wars method-- if they're willing to make more quality games in the universe, go for it.   That being said, it might be interesting to see Wingnut, Spawnpoint, or Gearbox do the next (or hell, all can try at it once). 
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Karmum
SmugDarkLoser said:
Karmum said: SmugDarkLoser said: --- Actually.  assuming this appeared, it doesn't necessarily mean reach on second thought.  They could have ... [more]
I think you know what I'm getting at though, I'd rather them announce a whole new IP, rather bring out yet another Halo game (especially since they have one coming out this year, and even worse if it had to be a shooter).
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
SmugDarkLoser said:
Karmum said: SmugDarkLoser said: --- Actually.  assuming this appeared, it doesn't necessarily mean reach on second thought.  They could have ... [more]
Smug, denial is a dangerous thing.  Microsoft milks that franchise like a motherfucker.  Sorry that you can't admit it.

Either way, I'm hoping that they are going to hit back on the story of Reach that Eric Nylund did such a great job of detailing.  The Fall of Reach was an excellent book, and when Nylund gets his hands on the Halo universe, it's always a worthwhile experience.  I would be more than willing to go through a single player run if a Halo game featured a story involving Reach.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I agree.  Halo 3 is still going more than strong.  I say Bungie should just do something completely original. 
I think a new halo spin-off will be announced at E3 though. 

dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By dsplayer1010
Lies said:
I can photoshop drop down menus too!
Haha
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Sounds like that new Halo MMO! Which could also be why Microsoft wants to get a server that runs 300,000 people at once!

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
TheMustacheHero said:
Sounds like that new Halo MMO! Which could also be why Microsoft wants to get a server that runs 300,000 ... [more]
I hope you're joking?
Halo MMO was a concept by Ensemble that they realized was idiotic and scrapped.   Some real images.  Nortice how it's barely related to halo at all.

Halo games have to be more story driven actiony experiences. 
cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cspiffo

I thought that Halo Reach was a toothbrush...LOL!  Sorry, couldn't resist.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By banksrob

I think that it will be a game based on the book Halo Fall of the reach. If so its an interesting prospect.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By GreggD
cspiffo said:
I thought that Halo Reach was a toothbrush...LOL!  Sorry, couldn't resist.
ZING!
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
banksrob said:
I think that it will be a game based on the book Halo Fall of the reach. If so its ... [more]

Haven't read the book (and no intention to do so) but doesn't that mean we'll see other spartans?  If so, I can't imagine what it'd be.  It'd have to be...like a power rnagers squad.
Edit:  That'll also mean no flood (well, unless we play as another spartan and that's how they die!?) and elites. 
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'd rather play Halo: Reach-around.  or maybe just check out the forums for it.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By KingBroly

If this turns out to be a game, it's probably a waggle-controlled Halo game using whatever motion sensing stuff they have.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By jakob187
SmugDarkLoser said:
banksrob said: I think that it will be a game based on the book Halo Fall of the reach. If ... [more]
The Fall of Reach is about how John came to be a Spartan.  It starts when he is six years old and shows how the SPARTANS became SPARTANS.  It's a great read.  I would highly suggest it to anyone, even non-Halo fans.
joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
KingBroly said:
If this turns out to be a game, it's probably a waggle-controlled Halo game using whatever motion sensing stuff they ... [more]
Because Bungie would be the company to make a motion controlled game....