• 74 results
#1 Posted by pinner458 (789 posts) -

What in the hell is that?

#2 Posted by MjHealy (1854 posts) -

Load Our Last Save + Vinny Never Finished Dark Souls = Load Our Last Souls!

#3 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Vinny and the crew journey into their subconsces.

#4 Posted by pyrodactyl (2087 posts) -

Vinny+Brad would be great for content like that

#5 Edited by Milkman (16843 posts) -

Probably going to be Vinny and Rorie.

#6 Posted by wemibelec90 (1698 posts) -

Vinny never finished Dark Souls, so I'm assuming he's just going to jump in wherever he left off. Should make for some entertaining content!

#7 Posted by bybeach (4845 posts) -

Great, this is going to happen. Brad can lurk in the corner with a crazed countenance and going in his deepest devil voice ' Now it is YOUR turn..see how all the assholes love you as YOU screw up and muck about. Oh...they love YOU fine...damn.'

#8 Posted by pinner458 (789 posts) -

I had guessed that was what this could have been...

#9 Edited by Abendlaender (2812 posts) -

@milkman said:

@pyrodactyl said:

Well, Rorie is pretty much confirmed but it would be great to have Brad as well, he seemed interested in the game. But isn't he on vacation right now?

#10 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1132 posts) -

why is this premium?...why is this site laden with premium bullshit as of late when regular users suggested a Dark souls playthrough?

#11 Posted by Demonsoul (60 posts) -

@trafalgarlaw:

Because they want you to buy a premium membership. That is how business works. It's all about the profit. Go buy a premium membership (plus help support these cool dudes as an added bonus).

#12 Posted by Milkman (16843 posts) -
#13 Posted by chilibean_3 (1644 posts) -

Whoa. I read that earlier and didn't even catch the Souls part. I figured it was just Load Our Last Save and thought that was pretty cool already.

#14 Posted by Zeik (2487 posts) -

@milkman said:

@pyrodactyl said:

Well, Rorie is pretty much confirmed but it would be great to have Brad as well, he seemed interested in the game. But isn't he on vacation right now?

Did he? He always seemed pretty dismissive of the game's to me. (Although not as much as Jeff.)

#15 Edited by Marokai (2985 posts) -

I am incredibly excited for what is basically the return of Load Our Last Save. Vinny always has great content ideas and follows through on them more than the rest of the staff.

@trafalgarlaw said:

why is this premium?...why is this site laden with premium bullshit as of late when regular users suggested a Dark souls playthrough?

In the last four weeks there's been 3 Unprofessional Fridays, 3 Spookin w/ Scoops, and 2 Daily Dotas. I would not consider that "laden with premium content." If anything it's a bit short.

#16 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1132 posts) -

@demonsoul said:

@trafalgarlaw:

Because they want you to buy a premium membership. That is how business works. It's all about the profit. Go buy a premium membership (plus help support these cool dudes as an added bonus).

I'd love to but no, there still is no option to pay a monthly sub via PayPal. I live overseas and they still can't put a monthly sub option for PayPal? It's been 5 years now since premium memberships?

#17 Edited by alternate (2711 posts) -

Vinny stopped playing about 2 years ago and never got around to finishing. Rorie is playing through it recently and office talk has Vinny back in to it. They are bit around the same point (lord vseel/tomb of giants).

The name is a play on Load Our Last Save - a series where Vinny and Drew would play from the last save on his old xbox 1.

@trafalgarlaw said:

People have suggested DS coverage since it came out. Nobody can claim credit. If you want to see it then support the site. You can get away with paying $5 every six months and download half a years entertainment, I don't think it will break the bank.

Revisiting a 2 year game is exactly the sort of thing they wanted to, and could only justify doing, with premium. If it was only abour ads and traffic they would be encouraged to look at a more recent release.

edit: I see you require paypal. It just isn't worth them doing for $5 as the fees and then they have to credit it manually. I am from europe and pay by debit card. It really isn;' that hard.

#18 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1461 posts) -

Vinny tweeted that he wanted to get Rorie and Ian (is that LtSqugs' name?) so it's probably them.

#19 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1082 posts) -

Vinny tweeted that he wanted to get Rorie and Ian (is that LtSqugs' name?) so it's probably them.

Oh, you mean Ethan?

#20 Posted by Aetheldod (3593 posts) -

But it had to be fucking premium!!!! God damn it... why does DOta could be saw by us low men but when something interesting pops up ... its friggin premium?

#21 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

Hasn't Load out Last Save always been premium? Why are people surprised by that?

#22 Posted by TobbRobb (4663 posts) -

Wooooo, get it all over my face!

I mean, yay! Dark Souls!

#23 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5589 posts) -

Great to see an old premium feature come back. What a great game to revisit too. Hopefully Vinny makes it a regular feature until he finishes it.

#24 Posted by Excast (937 posts) -

Well, good for the people who are premium I guess.

I wish I could afford tossing $50 at the crew, but I am guessing I need the money more than them right now. Still, it does seem like the vast majority of interesting content changes are specifically geared towards subscribers. I'm glad we freebies have the morning show at least.

#25 Posted by Scrawnto (2452 posts) -

@e30bmw said:

Hasn't Load out Last Save always been premium? Why are people surprised by that?

I'm pretty sure it has, but I'm not too surprised that someone who isn't a premium member wouldn't know/remember that this was an old premium feature returning.

#26 Posted by Pathos (200 posts) -

As has been mentioned before, premium subscriptions justify the varied content that the guys deliver. It's why we get to see them play through old games (especially bad FMV ones), and do crazy things that the broader audience would largely ignore.

The CBSi purchase might've come as a surprise to many, but it is also the reason why Giant Bomb is the way it is right now.

I have no idea how the site was making enough money to stay afloat previously, especially considering the cost of maintaining and hosting the huge amount of content they produce.

If PayPal is not an option, you should try getting a debit card from your local bank. It's common practice for banks to offer them now, no matter where you are.

Moreover, PayPal's fees are usually much higher than using a card so you'll be saving yourself some money, and giving a larger cut to the GB crew.

That way everybody wins yay! :D

#28 Posted by Excast (937 posts) -

@scrawnto: Well, my only thing is that when Vinny first mentioned this on Twitter he didn't really frame it like that.

Vincent Caravella ‏@VinnyCaravella 19 Sep

After spending some time with @LtSquigs I might have to grab him and @frailgesture and get back into Dark Souls. Daily Dark Souls.

Daily Dark Souls sounds a lot like Daily DOTA, which was a free stream. Of course the guys are entitled to make it premium if they want, but I think it is also reasonable to understand why there might be some confusion.

#29 Posted by fetchfox (1273 posts) -

God yes! It's finally happening...

#30 Edited by BenderUnit22 (1501 posts) -

After all the Castlevania: Lords of Shadows during Unprofessional Friday, I was sincerely hoping Vinny was gonna get back into Dark Souls.

#31 Posted by LtSquigs (266 posts) -
#32 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -

@excast: In the end, this felt like a better fit. Vinny's most of the way through the game, so doing this as a Daily Dark Souls probably would've allowed us to do it for, like, four days or something before he's done.

Staff
#33 Posted by Orexis97 (38 posts) -

@rorie: Are you guys doing the DLC?

#34 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5589 posts) -

@excast said:

Well, good for the people who are premium I guess.

I wish I could afford tossing $50 at the crew, but I am guessing I need the money more than them right now. Still, it does seem like the vast majority of interesting content changes are specifically geared towards subscribers. I'm glad we freebies have the morning show at least.

Just throwing it out there, there is a 5 dollar (1 month) option for those who don't have 50 bucks lying around. In the long run it would cost more, but if there's something you really want to watch, it's a great option for the short term.

#35 Edited by flasaltine (1675 posts) -

@rorie said:

@excast: In the end, this felt like a better fit. Vinny's most of the way through the game, so doing this as a Daily Dark Souls probably would've allowed us to do it for, like, four days or something before he's done.

New Character. Make Brad play. Or go with your character that isn't as far.

#36 Posted by Vuud (2012 posts) -

Load Our Last Souls, so would you say Vinny is doing it for the LOLS? heh, heh heh heh.... heh.

#37 Posted by flasaltine (1675 posts) -

Daily Breaking Brad's Souls

#38 Posted by benspyda (2035 posts) -

I still want a Breaking Brad Dark souls playthrough as its such an ideal breaking brad series idea.

#39 Posted by Nightriff (5096 posts) -

I doubt it will be just Rorie guiding Vinny through the game, that would suck. I can't wait for this, should be great!

#40 Posted by CornBREDX (5365 posts) -

Vinny will probably be playing Dark Souls again from where he left off.

Actually, I am 100% certain that's what it is- I just like saying probably to please the haters who will say that's not what it is and there's no way I could know. Guarantee it, though. =)

#41 Edited by geirr (2581 posts) -

It's finally happening! :D

@trafalgarlaw said:

@demonsoul said:

@trafalgarlaw:

I'd love to but no, there still is no option to pay a monthly sub via PayPal. I live overseas and they still can't put a monthly sub option for PayPal? It's been 5 years now since premium memberships?

Not sure what it has to do with anything but I'm also "overseas" and I've been a premium member since the first BLLSL.

If you have a Paypal it means you have a credit card, so why not use that?

edit: Nevermind, I read more stuff.

#42 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

Vindawg and friends doing their best not to die (but they inevitably will)

#43 Posted by Rorie (2931 posts) -
Staff
#44 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@rorie said:

"Most of the way through the game"
That's not how it works, you play it and then you play it again... and again... and again.
You can never win, it just keeps going over and over again...

'goes to the corner and cries'

#45 Posted by Aetheldod (3593 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan: And sometimes we dont get to spend 5 dolars ... I wish I could but I cant :(

#46 Posted by fisk0 (4168 posts) -

@excast said:

Daily Dark Souls sounds a lot like Daily DOTA, which was a free stream. Of course the guys are entitled to make it premium if they want, but I think it is also reasonable to understand why there might be some confusion.

That's probably part of the reason they went with the name Load Our Last Souls instead, because the Load Our Last Save feature was always premium only (though we haven't had one of those in well over a year).

#47 Posted by Bocam (3761 posts) -

@rorie: Have you played the DLC?

#48 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5589 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan: And sometimes we dont get to spend 5 dolars ... I wish I could but I cant :(

Sure. That's completely understandable. Money can be tight.

#49 Posted by BisonHero (6565 posts) -

@kevin_cogneto said:

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

Oh, you mean Ethan?

Is this an inside joke I don't get? I otherwise don't know where the name "Ethan" would come from.

#50 Posted by OwlBoy (43 posts) -

This post comes up first on google for "Load Our Last Souls."