User Lists: 1

What in the hell is that?

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

Load Our Last Save + Vinny Never Finished Dark Souls = Load Our Last Souls!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

Vinny and the crew journey into their subconsces.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Vinny+Brad would be great for content like that

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

Probably going to be Vinny and Rorie.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Vinny never finished Dark Souls, so I'm assuming he's just going to jump in wherever he left off. Should make for some entertaining content!

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, this is going to happen. Brad can lurk in the corner with a crazed countenance and going in his deepest devil voice ' Now it is YOUR turn..see how all the assholes love you as YOU screw up and muck about. Oh...they love YOU fine...damn.'

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had guessed that was what this could have been...

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By abendlaender

@milkman said:

@pyrodactyl said:

Well, Rorie is pretty much confirmed but it would be great to have Brad as well, he seemed interested in the game. But isn't he on vacation right now?

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

why is this premium?...why is this site laden with premium bullshit as of late when regular users suggested a Dark souls playthrough?

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@trafalgarlaw:

Because they want you to buy a premium membership. That is how business works. It's all about the profit. Go buy a premium membership (plus help support these cool dudes as an added bonus).

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Whoa. I read that earlier and didn't even catch the Souls part. I figured it was just Load Our Last Save and thought that was pretty cool already.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

@pyrodactyl said:

Well, Rorie is pretty much confirmed but it would be great to have Brad as well, he seemed interested in the game. But isn't he on vacation right now?

Did he? He always seemed pretty dismissive of the game's to me. (Although not as much as Jeff.)

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am incredibly excited for what is basically the return of Load Our Last Save. Vinny always has great content ideas and follows through on them more than the rest of the staff.

@trafalgarlaw said:

why is this premium?...why is this site laden with premium bullshit as of late when regular users suggested a Dark souls playthrough?

In the last four weeks there's been 3 Unprofessional Fridays, 3 Spookin w/ Scoops, and 2 Daily Dotas. I would not consider that "laden with premium content." If anything it's a bit short.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demonsoul said:

@trafalgarlaw:

Because they want you to buy a premium membership. That is how business works. It's all about the profit. Go buy a premium membership (plus help support these cool dudes as an added bonus).

I'd love to but no, there still is no option to pay a monthly sub via PayPal. I live overseas and they still can't put a monthly sub option for PayPal? It's been 5 years now since premium memberships?

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By alternate

Vinny stopped playing about 2 years ago and never got around to finishing. Rorie is playing through it recently and office talk has Vinny back in to it. They are bit around the same point (lord vseel/tomb of giants).

The name is a play on Load Our Last Save - a series where Vinny and Drew would play from the last save on his old xbox 1.

@trafalgarlaw said:

People have suggested DS coverage since it came out. Nobody can claim credit. If you want to see it then support the site. You can get away with paying $5 every six months and download half a years entertainment, I don't think it will break the bank.

Revisiting a 2 year game is exactly the sort of thing they wanted to, and could only justify doing, with premium. If it was only abour ads and traffic they would be encouraged to look at a more recent release.

edit: I see you require paypal. It just isn't worth them doing for $5 as the fees and then they have to credit it manually. I am from europe and pay by debit card. It really isn;' that hard.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny tweeted that he wanted to get Rorie and Ian (is that LtSqugs' name?) so it's probably them.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny tweeted that he wanted to get Rorie and Ian (is that LtSqugs' name?) so it's probably them.

Oh, you mean Ethan?

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

But it had to be fucking premium!!!! God damn it... why does DOta could be saw by us low men but when something interesting pops up ... its friggin premium?

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 e30bmw  Online

Hasn't Load out Last Save always been premium? Why are people surprised by that?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Wooooo, get it all over my face!

I mean, yay! Dark Souls!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great to see an old premium feature come back. What a great game to revisit too. Hopefully Vinny makes it a regular feature until he finishes it.

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, good for the people who are premium I guess.

I wish I could afford tossing $50 at the crew, but I am guessing I need the money more than them right now. Still, it does seem like the vast majority of interesting content changes are specifically geared towards subscribers. I'm glad we freebies have the morning show at least.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@e30bmw said:

Hasn't Load out Last Save always been premium? Why are people surprised by that?

I'm pretty sure it has, but I'm not too surprised that someone who isn't a premium member wouldn't know/remember that this was an old premium feature returning.

Avatar image for thirtiethtwelve
Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As has been mentioned before, premium subscriptions justify the varied content that the guys deliver. It's why we get to see them play through old games (especially bad FMV ones), and do crazy things that the broader audience would largely ignore.

The CBSi purchase might've come as a surprise to many, but it is also the reason why Giant Bomb is the way it is right now.

I have no idea how the site was making enough money to stay afloat previously, especially considering the cost of maintaining and hosting the huge amount of content they produce.

If PayPal is not an option, you should try getting a debit card from your local bank. It's common practice for banks to offer them now, no matter where you are.

Moreover, PayPal's fees are usually much higher than using a card so you'll be saving yourself some money, and giving a larger cut to the GB crew.

That way everybody wins yay! :D

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scrawnto: Well, my only thing is that when Vinny first mentioned this on Twitter he didn't really frame it like that.

Vincent Caravella ‏@VinnyCaravella19 Sep

After spending some time with @LtSquigs I might have to grab him and @frailgesture and get back into Dark Souls. Daily Dark Souls.

Daily Dark Souls sounds a lot like Daily DOTA, which was a free stream. Of course the guys are entitled to make it premium if they want, but I think it is also reasonable to understand why there might be some confusion.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God yes! It's finally happening...

benderunit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By benderunit22

After all the Castlevania: Lords of Shadows during Unprofessional Friday, I was sincerely hoping Vinny was gonna get back into Dark Souls.

ltsquigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@excast: In the end, this felt like a better fit. Vinny's most of the way through the game, so doing this as a Daily Dark Souls probably would've allowed us to do it for, like, four days or something before he's done.

Orexis97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Are you guys doing the DLC?

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excast said:

Well, good for the people who are premium I guess.

I wish I could afford tossing $50 at the crew, but I am guessing I need the money more than them right now. Still, it does seem like the vast majority of interesting content changes are specifically geared towards subscribers. I'm glad we freebies have the morning show at least.

Just throwing it out there, there is a 5 dollar (1 month) option for those who don't have 50 bucks lying around. In the long run it would cost more, but if there's something you really want to watch, it's a great option for the short term.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By flasaltine

@rorie said:

@excast: In the end, this felt like a better fit. Vinny's most of the way through the game, so doing this as a Daily Dark Souls probably would've allowed us to do it for, like, four days or something before he's done.

New Character. Make Brad play. Or go with your character that isn't as far.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Load Our Last Souls, so would you say Vinny is doing it for the LOLS? heh, heh heh heh.... heh.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daily Breaking Brad's Souls

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still want a Breaking Brad Dark souls playthrough as its such an ideal breaking brad series idea.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I doubt it will be just Rorie guiding Vinny through the game, that would suck. I can't wait for this, should be great!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Vinny will probably be playing Dark Souls again from where he left off.

Actually, I am 100% certain that's what it is- I just like saying probably to please the haters who will say that's not what it is and there's no way I could know. Guarantee it, though. =)

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By geirr

It's finally happening! :D

@trafalgarlaw said:

@demonsoul said:

@trafalgarlaw:

I'd love to but no, there still is no option to pay a monthly sub via PayPal. I live overseas and they still can't put a monthly sub option for PayPal? It's been 5 years now since premium memberships?

Not sure what it has to do with anything but I'm also "overseas" and I've been a premium member since the first BLLSL.

If you have a Paypal it means you have a credit card, so why not use that?

edit: Nevermind, I read more stuff.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Vindawg and friends doing their best not to die (but they inevitably will)

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

"Most of the way through the game"
That's not how it works, you play it and then you play it again... and again... and again.
You can never win, it just keeps going over and over again...

'goes to the corner and cries'

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: And sometimes we dont get to spend 5 dolars ... I wish I could but I cant :(

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#46 fisk0  Moderator

@excast said:

Daily Dark Souls sounds a lot like Daily DOTA, which was a free stream. Of course the guys are entitled to make it premium if they want, but I think it is also reasonable to understand why there might be some confusion.

That's probably part of the reason they went with the name Load Our Last Souls instead, because the Load Our Last Save feature was always premium only (though we haven't had one of those in well over a year).

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Have you played the DLC?

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan: And sometimes we dont get to spend 5 dolars ... I wish I could but I cant :(

Sure. That's completely understandable. Money can be tight.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevin_cogneto said:

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

Oh, you mean Ethan?

Is this an inside joke I don't get? I otherwise don't know where the name "Ethan" would come from.

OwlBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This post comes up first on google for "Load Our Last Souls."