What is Patrick's public google voice number?

• 74 results
BRG9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BRG9000

This tweet and that sickening call made me want to leave my own brief message in his voice mailbox, more along the lines of telling him how awesome he is and what an asset he is to the site and the community. I haven't seen where he distributed the number that people have been calling him at though (I assume he put it out publicly if he's got users calling with quotes for an article). Anyone know where to get it?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Even with your best intentions......this is a horribleidea.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@video_game_king: I'll be damned, I agree with VGK, cant we ever leave well enough alone

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AMyggen

@video_game_king: He's not talking about Patrick's personal number, but the Google number (or something) he posted so people could leave Messages. Same deal Jeff has up on his tumblr.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not his number it's a google voicemail number. Not sure if it's the same one Jeff's mentioned on the podcast but I'm sure the number is out there. It's on Patricks Twitter timeline somewhere from when he asked for thoughts on Dark Souls and predictions for 2014.

Also what a piece of garbage. Actual human garbage. I don't wanna hear about how internet threats aren't real threats, if you still take the time out of your day to do something like that you're trash and I just hope when you grow up you look back on stuff like that and actually feel bad.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Milkman

Wow, that made me really angry. Usually I can just brush this kind of stupid shit off but maybe because it was an actual human being speaking the words, it made me legitimately pretty sick to my stomach. It wasn't just words he typed into a box, hit send and went about his day. He actually sat down, recorded it and sent it another human being. That's like 3 or 4 opportunities to think to yourself "the thing I'm about to do is really awful, I shouldn't do it." And he did it anyway! I...I just don't get it.

To answer your question, he has tweeted it out a couple times. You'd probably have to dig through his feed to find it.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Niceanims

@brg9000: He told them to submit to a Google Voice account.

BRG9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BRG9000

Right, I know it's a google voice account, edited the title to be clearer. I'm not looking for anything that he hasn't already put out publicly with the intention of giantbomb readers calling him.

I'll check through his twitter if I still feel strongly about it by the time I'm off work, thanks folks.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Poor Patrick. Whoever sent that message is a piece of shit.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

wow that sound file he got is quite awful. Why do kids do that stuff? I'll never get the appeal. When I was a kid we broke into bars or movie theaters from the back, got into alley way knife fights face to face, and smoked cigarettes.

Sheesh. Kids. And their rock music. GET OFF MY LAWN!

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By abendlaender

What a fucking piece of human garbage. He talks about the Giant Bomb community, bet he doesn't have the balls to show himself on the forums. Coward.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehbk said:

@abendlaender said:

What a fucking piece of human garbage. He talks about the Giant Bomb community, bet he doesn't have the balls to show himself on the forums. Coward.

Exactly. If Patrick were here right now, I would be on my knees sucking his balls.

What?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By TheHBK

@thehbk said:

@abendlaender said:

Exactly. If Patrick were here right now, I would be on my knees sucking his balls.

What?

Cuz he is awesome and that asshole on the voicemail is completely wrong.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: Are you talking about people calling out the person who left the message?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@wolfgame said:
@thehbk said:

@abendlaender said:

When did sucking someones balls enter into the conflict resolution scenario, I can't be that far behind on "Worth Reading"

Well the whole thread started by someone wondering how they could let Patrick know he is awesome. Now I feel stupid...

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesoutherndandy:

Exactly. Death threats don't justify calling somebody human garbage.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By noizy

@brg9000: 847-495-2383

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@video_game_king: You cannot be serious. Are you being serious?

....you CAN'T be serious. I'm gonna assume you're joking, because if you say something as vile as this person has, you absolutely are garbage. If you have the capacity to go out of your way to send a message as disgusting as what this person did, there is something wrong with you.

I'm just gonna assume you're joking because that seems so incredibly obvious.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wolfgame

I honestly don't think Patrick was posting this as a call to arms for people to flood his inbox with happy time messages, I'm sure he appreciates the sentiment but I still don't fully understand what the goal of this topic is, other than highlighting more asinine behavior that occurs when some people take advantage of fleeting moments of anonymity.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Doskias

@thesoutherndandy: I think maybe VGK was trying to discourage stooping to the offender's level. Eye-for-eye an leaves the whole world blind, sort of thing. But maybe I'm misreading the situation.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesoutherndandy: @milkman:

This is startlingly similar to the logic I imagine the person issuing those death threats employs: they use another person's poor acts to justify their own poor acts*. That doesn't make it right.

Example: "Man, another one of these smug Worth Reading articles? I'm so fucking tired of Patrick pushing his feminist agenda down MY throat. What a piece of human shit. I'm going to tell him as much." And then a death threat.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: This is why I don't acknowledge agreeing with you very often, now I look like an asshole when you say something stupid later.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@doskias: I am in agreement with not stooping to this persons level. Which neither I or anyone else in here did.

@video_game_king: Nope. Actually it's not at all. Saying somebody is a bad person for doing something obviously vile and telling someone they're cancer and wishing they were dead are not the same. I would think that's also obvious. Even if I knew who this person was, I wouldn't ever say something like that to them. Ever. Or to anybody. The fact that you're comparing those two things is craaaaazy. See on one side of the scale is making a judgement call about a person based on demonstrated behavior FAAAAAAAR on the other side of the scale is a death threat. I refuse to believe you can't tell the difference.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: That's not even close to the same thing. I don't really care what his logic was and I'm all for kindness but if someone is going to record something as vile and disgusting as that and then SEND IT to another human being, I'm going to call him exactly what it is. And that's a complete piece of garbage.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king said:

@thesoutherndandy:

Exactly. Death threats don't justify calling somebody human garbage.

Yes they do, and I would do it every day of the week.

VGK I would be busting my ass to get in here and drop a "jk", I always wondered where that subset of people on the internet existed that could actually argue with a straight face that death threats should be involved in reasonable discourse. disappointed in ya bud, all I got to say on this.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@video_game_king: Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about. A death threat is a criminal offense in *many parts* of the U.S. whereas being an angry internet person is just boring. Doesn't matter the (il)logic of the behavior, one is abhorrent and legally defined as "really fucked up" while the other is just noisy brats having a hissy.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By InternetDotCom

That person just seems sad in the worst way possible.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfgame: I'm still convinced he's joking. He has to be. Or somebody's hijacked his account or something.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Video_Game_King

@thesoutherndandy:

They're still both shitty things to do. Hell, one of those justifies the other. Calling somebody garbage removes any moral responsibility from you, does it not? Since no matter what you do, you're not nearly as bad as them. In fact, I think I'm seeing that in your post with your use of the word "obvious". Like from here, the action to take becomes obvious. Or something. These thoughts are not fully formed, but they arise from strong feelings on the matter.

And that's another thing: I can absolutely make these comparisons. A comparison of type does not imply a comparison of amount. I can compare Twinbee to Ikaruga without saying that Twinbee is as hard as Ikaruga. They still both share very important characteristics that make the comparison, on some level, worth exploring. Same with this: they might not be equally shitty things to do, but they're still shitty things to do.

You can say somebody has done a shitty thing without saying that they're a shitty person.

There's one way I'd like to end this, but it feels rather aggressive. So I'll just acknowledge that I was thinking about it. Leave that out there.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

well, lets try to be reasonable...... I should do this before I go drinking tonight.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#38  Edited By breadfan

What a fucking piece of shit.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesoutherndandy:

They're still both shitty things to do. Hell, one of those justifies the other. Calling somebody garbage removes any moral responsibility from you, does it not? Since no matter what you do, you're not nearly as bad as them. In fact, I think I'm seeing that in your post with your use of the word "obvious". Like from here, the action to take becomes obvious. Or something. These thoughts are not fully formed, but they arise from strong feelings on the matter.

And that's another thing: I can absolutely make these comparisons. A comparison of type does not imply a comparison of amount. I can compare Twinbee to Ikaruga without saying that Twinbee is as hard as Ikaruga. They still both share very important characteristics that make the comparison, on some level, worth exploring. Same with this: they might not be equally shitty things to do, but they're still shitty things to do.

There's one way I'd like to end this, but it feels rather aggressive. So I'll just acknowledge that I was thinking about it. Leave that out there.

No it doesn't remove any moral responsibility from me at all. In fact, you've called me out to back up what I've done. I've called this person garbage, I've said they're a bad person and I'll 100% stand behind that assessment. If someone demands to know why I've taken that stance I will point to the fact that they said a horrible thing TO a person (yes it wasn't to his face but it was directed at Patrick in a way he would receive) while bringing in to it a person who's passed away that I have a lot of respect and fondness for. I feel like that is evidence enough for me to make a judgement call on this person and I am totally comfortable with that.

I mean, sure you can compare the two. You can compare anything. I can compare stubbing my toe to getting my leg amputated. That is a thing I can do. Is it a valid comparison? Does it make any sense? Of course not, but I can do it. If you wanna sit there and say I'm a bad person for what I've said and I'm no better then the person who left the message, that's also something you can do. You have that right. I can STRONGLY disagree with you and I feel pretty comfortable in feeling that most people here would disagree with you too and that seems to be the case.

......are you sure you're not joking?

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#40  Edited By Slag

@video_game_king:

I get where you are going with that, but there's a big difference between what that caller did and what people are saying here. No one here is saying anything remotely as awful as what that caller did, and they were provoked by an egregious attack blindside on Patrick.

And they are not directing it towards the caller directly. No one knows his number. He is being talked about, not talked to.

Maybe people should take the high road, but I don't think you can blame people for being upset about this.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesoutherndandy:

That's still a horrible thing to do, you know. There aren't really any circumstances under which one bad act can justify another.

On the comparison thing: I think you're still missing the point. I am not saying you are as bad as that other person who made the death threat. I'm still saying you did a pretty shitty thing by calling them human garbage. Morality isn't an on/off switch; it's an entire spectrum.

......are you sure you're not joking?

I am not.

Man, this is frustrating. Wait a minute...

If someone demands to know why I've taken that stance I will point to the fact that they said a horrible thing TO a person while bringing in to it a person who's passed away that I have a lot of respect and fondness for. I feel like that is evidence enough for me to make a judgement call on this person and I am totally comfortable with that.

That sounds familiar.

Is Hisao Nakai a bad person?
Is Hisao Nakai a bad person?

Maybe I'm losing sight of that? It still doesn't justify the acts, but it does provide meaningful context.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king:

No I didn't do a shitty thing. I didn't turn my morals off. Calling someone out for terrible behavior is not an immoral thing to do. Hell, I didn't even swear when I did it. I didn't say I hope the person dies, I didn't try to organize a mob to go after them, I didn't wish anything bad on the person. I said they were garbage for doing a terrible thing.
I don't know what the point of that screenshot is. She's essentially saying 'fine take your secrets to the grave'. That's a common expression, its not a death threat it means you'll die with your secrets. So yeah. Unrelated.

I think I'm done here, I've backed up what I said. I don't feel like discussing this with you anymore it's just leaving me confused as to why you would think this person deserves to be defended. If the absolute worse thing to happen to this person for what they've done is a few people called them out on a forum (and not even to their face) they got off incredibly easy. Like I said earlier, I just hope they look back on that message at some point and go 'that wasn't cool, I shouldn't have done that'. I know they didn't mean it. It doesn't make it not an awful thing to do.

If you wanna judge me for saying that, go for it dude. I'll sleep fine tonight.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesoutherndandy:

You're not calling out the behavior, though. You're saying that somebody is absolute garbage, not that they've done something horrible. There's a pretty big difference between the two, with huge implications. For instance, the target is not the action, but the actual person. I'm pretty sure that's important.

Actually, the screenshot fulfills everything you've described in the previous post:

• He said a horrible thing to a person.
  • He brought in a person who's passed away whom she has a lot of respect and fondness for. (Her dad's dead. She's upset about it.)
  • Hell, he said that to her face.

Does any of that make Hisao a bad person?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: Maybe not, but it gives me the first impression of "that guy's a grade-A dick."

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king

I agree with your sentiment. Of course, most people don't like to hear that since they'd rather circle-jerk over how bad someone else.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@noizy said:

@brg9000: 847-495-2383

If he was editing the calls together I'm guessing it's too late to leave one myself.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#47  Edited By Yummylee
musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@milkman said:

Wow, that made me really angry. Usually I can just brush this kind of stupid shit off but maybe because it was an actual human being speaking the words, it made me legitimately pretty sick to my stomach. It wasn't just words he typed into a box, hit send and went about his day. He actually sat down, recorded it and sent it another human being. That's like 3 or 4 opportunities to think to yourself "the thing I'm about to do is really awful, I shouldn't do it." And he did it anyway! I...I just don't get it.

To answer your question, he has tweeted it out a couple times. You'd probably have to dig through his feed to find it.

I saw that earlier and decided not to even listen to it. I don't even want to know what was said. Patrick's reaction says it all.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck that asshole, seriously.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@video_game_king: I am with you on this one VGK. I said as much for my response to the article about the whole, strange, flappy bird fiaso and internet empathy as a whole.

My original reply to this thread was meant as a sort of satire and hopefully it came off that way haha.

The recording is fucked up, though. That part was sincere.