• 73 results
#51 Edited by noizy (666 posts) -

@golguin said:

@noizy said:

@brg9000: 847-495-2383

If he was editing the calls together I'm guessing it's too late to leave one myself.

Well, you got nothing to lose I guess. If you want to leave a message about anything else too, I guess you can do that too.

#52 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@yummylee:

You fucking know it. Just be glad I'm not bringing my Hanako pictures into this thread.

On a more positive note, it feels good to see people coming around to my side, even if a little bit. (I don't mean that in an egotistical way, either. Honest.)

#53 Edited by Roboculus92 (506 posts) -

@video_game_king

I agree with your sentiment. Of course, most people don't like to hear that since they'd rather circle-jerk over how bad someone else.

I also agree with him. It's a pretty shitty situation but ultimately you can't stoop down to their level, even if it is understandably very tempting. I do not believe that eye for an eye is the solution, though there is definitely a lot of debate about this among people. You could segue this into a more general discussion on the ethics of various things (like is the death penalty ever really justified because even if someone went and murdered your whole family, killing them wouldn't bring them back) but of course that goes beyond the scope of this.

#54 Edited by MC_Hify (336 posts) -

@roboculus92: Calling some garbage indirectly and calling someone and leaving a voice mail saying you wish they had died instead of their friend are not even remotely on the same level. VGK is right in saying that the act is technically ironic from a logic/semantic point of view but that point doesn't really mean anything in the context of what happened.

#55 Posted by Roboculus92 (506 posts) -

@mc_hify said:

@roboculus92: Calling some garbage indirectly and calling someone and leaving a voice mail saying you wish they had died instead of their friend are not even remotely on the same level. VGK is right in saying that the act is technically ironic from a logic/semantic point of view but that point doesn't really mean anything in the context of what happened.

Of course they're not on the same level but that doesn't make it right. There is absolutely no need to refer to this guy as a "human piece of garbage". Like VGK said, he's probably just some over-reactive young kid who got angry about an article that Patrick wrote so he went and said this horrible stuff about Patrick. We're all in agreement that what he said was real messed up but don't act like it's now fair game to talk a bunch of shit about him.

#56 Posted by Andorski (5309 posts) -

I think people put to much stock in the phrase "human piece of garbage." You can be called much worse. I consider a person leaving a bad tip to a good waiter/waitress a "human piece of garbage."

#57 Posted by Roboculus92 (506 posts) -

@andorski said:

I think people put to much stock in the phrase "human piece of garbage." You can be called much worse. I consider a person leaving a bad tip to a good waiter/waitress a "human piece of garbage."

In that case I would say your choice of words is way too hyperbolic.

#58 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@roboculus92 said:

We're all in agreement that what he said was real messed up but don't act like it's now fair game to talk a bunch of shit about him.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't let somebody else's awful act justify your own. That's how very shitty things in history have happened. Hell, that's how you get the bad ending in Persona 4.

#59 Posted by Andorski (5309 posts) -

@andorski said:

In that case I would say your choice of words is way too hyperbolic.

I think the phrase in that instance is pretty apt. The garbage could be recyclable, and just like recyclable material there is a chance that a "human piece of garbage" can be remade into something/someone useful to society.

If I said that a bad tipper was the dingleberry of earth's anus, then I might agree that I would be going to far. Might.

#60 Edited by MC_Hify (336 posts) -

@roboculus92: There's no need to call him that but it doesn't make it wrong to. We aren't talking about doing the same thing to him that he did to Patrick.

#61 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3866 posts) -

@andorski: The recyclable garbage analogy is actually pretty great. Nice work.

#62 Posted by churrific (479 posts) -

@video_game_king: Don't immediately perpetuate the cycle of immediate judgmental hate and anger you say? You might be operating at a level of enlightenment above the rest of us.

#63 Edited by ripelivejam (3944 posts) -

Also what a piece of garbage. Actual human garbage. I don't wanna hear about how internet threats aren't real threats, if you still take the time out of your day to do something like that you're trash and I just hope when you grow up you look back on stuff like that and actually feel bad.

oh but he should just let it roll off his back, it's nothing and if he just ignores it it will pass maaaaaaan....

#64 Posted by PostArcade (3 posts) -

@thesoutherndandy said:

Also what a piece of garbage. Actual human garbage. I don't wanna hear about how internet threats aren't real threats, if you still take the time out of your day to do something like that you're trash and I just hope when you grow up you look back on stuff like that and actually feel bad.

oh but he should just let it roll off his back, it's nothing and if he just ignores it it will pass maaaaaaan....

Seriously right? Patrick just needs to 'man up' and shoo away such terrifying words like it's nothing.

#65 Posted by LiquidPrince (15946 posts) -

@milkman said:

Wow, that made me really angry. Usually I can just brush this kind of stupid shit off but maybe because it was an actual human being speaking the words, it made me legitimately pretty sick to my stomach. It wasn't just words he typed into a box, hit send and went about his day. He actually sat down, recorded it and sent it another human being. That's like 3 or 4 opportunities to think to yourself "the thing I'm about to do is really awful, I shouldn't do it." And he did it anyway! I...I just don't get it.

To answer your question, he has tweeted it out a couple times. You'd probably have to dig through his feed to find it.

I know... What a complete asshole. These people...

#66 Edited by Abendlaender (2803 posts) -

@roboculus92 said:

We're all in agreement that what he said was real messed up but don't act like it's now fair game to talk a bunch of shit about him.

If I see a piece of shit I call it. I'm not trying to spray parfume on it and sell it as mousse au chocolate. If you act like a piece of shit you deserve to called exactly that. No more, no less.

If you disagree with that, fine. You are obviously a better person than me, I can live with that. I'd rather be slightly worse person than you than just ignore people trying to psychologically torture (and don't kid yourself, this is nothing else. If it is effective is irrelevant, saying "He it should have been you that died not that very close friend and coworker of yours who died completly unexpected not even a year ago" is nothing else but an attempt to do that) other people cause they don't like the things Patrick writes about. In the fucking video game industry.

#67 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Why is there even going to be a feature about why people like Dark Souls, you could make that same feature about any other game. I know people like to act like that the fanbase for these games is really small, but it isn't. Selling over 2 and half million for just one of these games is only small when compared to GTA V.

#68 Edited by Fattony12000 (7407 posts) -

#69 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1785 posts) -

@sooty: Like Persona 4, Deadly Premonition, Saints Row the Third, and to a (much) lesser extent DotA 2 it has become a focal point for the community and the guys of Giant Bomb. That's reason enough.

On one hand, fuck that guy.

On another, posting that voice mail is giving him enough anonymous (and therefore retaliation free) attention that it probably made him way happier than if the voice mail was never posted. Don't feed the trolls. Internet rule #1.

And are people really that sensitive to the term "human trash?" Really? That guy is human trash, but again, giving him this much attention without the possibility of retaliation is just playing into his hands.

#70 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@churrific:

Well, I have played Xenoblade Chronicles.

#71 Edited by audioBusting (1535 posts) -

@sooty said:

Why is there even going to be a feature about why people like Dark Souls, you could make that same feature about any other game. I know people like to act like that the fanbase for these games is really small, but it isn't. Selling over 2 and half million for just one of these games is only small when compared to GTA V.

In case you haven't noticed, we recently have got 2 separate subscriber-only series on the Souls games, Rorie has been streaming it for a while, and Patrick also just recently finished it (archived on YouTube). Might as well rename the site Bomb Souls at this point.

Anyway, it is kinda less obvious why people love the game compared to games like GTA V. I love it and I'm not even sure why.

To that voice mail... yikes indeed. I don't understand how someone can bring himself to say things like that.

#72 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@sooty said:

In case you haven't noticed, we recently have got 2 separate subscriber-only series on the Souls games, Rorie has been streaming it for a while, and Patrick also just recently finished it (archived on YouTube). Might as well rename the site Bomb Souls at this point.

Anyway, it is kinda less obvious why people love the game compared to games like GTA V. I love it and I'm not even sure why.

Yeah I have noticed that content which is for reasons I don't fully understand, behind a paywall. It must cost a lot to record footage of playing a game for a few hours these days.

#73 Edited by LackingSaint (1811 posts) -

@sooty said:

@audiobusting said:

@sooty said:

Yeah I have noticed that content which is for reasons I don't fully understand, behind a paywall. It must cost a lot to record footage of playing a game for a few hours these days.

Vinny, Drew and co have talked time and time again about the amount of expensive equipment they require to properly orchestrate live-shows. And yeah, taking several man-hours out of a workday for 3+ members of staff on a site with less than a dozen of people working on it, that IS costly. Especially when they're putting out a live show every other day, on top of the Podcast, Quick Looks, Features and Articles (and going out to press events or working on the site's infastructure).

Also, Breaking Brad and Load Our Last Save have been behind a paywall for years.

#74 Edited by ConcernedListener (22 posts) -

That tweet sickened me enough to come here and post about it after many years of just consuming the video content on the site.

I was much angrier earlier but I couldn't find my login information so i'm settled now.

That person is a coward. Had they any guts they would come here and own up to it. How dare they use Ryan's passing as a stick to beat someone with.

If you are reading this, you are a scumbag. And if you condone this in any way, you are also a scumbag in my book.

#75 Posted by RenegadeSaint (1547 posts) -

Wow, that was pretty much terrible. Who does that kind of thing?

#76 Posted by North6 (305 posts) -

The guy that sent that in is pitiable, and probably going through a low point in his life.