• 66 results
#1 Posted by Belonpopo (2144 posts) -

I was off the site for a few days and I feel out of the loop. What is the 9/9 announcement mentioned din this weeks mailbag?

#2 Posted by SmaQ (95 posts) -

Whiskey Media subscription?

I really have no idea.

#3 Posted by mrfizzy (1651 posts) -

i too am wondering, from what i can gather its going to be the announcement of a subscription based service possibly? may be wrong tho. 

#4 Posted by Mrnitropb (2131 posts) -

Probably nothing, but if it is something it likely coincides with the end of the fiscal year, and hence is business related, and likely some pay stuff is the scuttlebut.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

It's the date Whiskey Media will announce that they've bought Sega and will bring back the Dreamcast.

#6 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6652 posts) -

The new Whiskey Media site DragonDragonDragon. 

A site and encyclopedia devoted entirely to the organization and discussion of dragons.

#7 Posted by Landon (4134 posts) -

Jeff is getting fired.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12636 posts) -

I guess we'll have to wait until 9/9 to find out.

#9 Posted by sagesebas (2176 posts) -
@Landon: is that the review for Kane and Lynch 2? also do you think he'll do that review?
#10 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -
@Landon said:
" Jeff is getting fired. "
Nah.  It's not going to take a whole month for him to review Kane & Lynch 2.
#11 Posted by lizcav (67 posts) -

They've hinted at it in the mailbag videos as being some sort of subscription method. 

#12 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2778 posts) -
@lizcav: Pretty much yeah.
#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19542 posts) -
#14 Posted by harinosho (667 posts) -

the ff7 remake! awesome right?! no?

#15 Posted by mrfizzy (1651 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" It's the date Whiskey Media will announce that they've bought Sega and will bring back the Dreamcast. "
hot tip: Lincoln Force CONFIRMED as a launch title. 
#16 Posted by lizcav (67 posts) -
@mrfizzy said:
" @Hailinel said:
" It's the date Whiskey Media will announce that they've bought Sega and will bring back the Dreamcast. "
hot tip: Lincoln Force CONFIRMED as a launch title.  "
Woot!
#17 Posted by demontium (5084 posts) -
@lizcav said:
" @mrfizzy said:
" @Hailinel said:
Woot! "
Any pre-order bonuses?
#18 Posted by lizcav (67 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @lizcav said:
" @mrfizzy said:
" @Hailinel said:
Woot! "
Any pre-order bonuses? "
Oh you know, the usual... Top hat, bow tie, feeze... 
#19 Posted by harinosho (667 posts) -

anybody try mailing the staff? i would do it.. but i fear my noob status in this place might make my questions irrelavant to them.. maybe..

#20 Posted by Theresonlyone (211 posts) -

I doubt it would be subscription models what else can the site offer? There's very few adds and the videos are high quality. What could they charge for that would be worth it?

#21 Posted by nickux (1457 posts) -

While I wish it was the grand opening of a Giant Bomb store with shirts and what not, (YES I KNOW ABOUT THE OSCAR MIKE INCIDENT) it's probably a sub service. However, I don't think it'll JUST be a pro account thing if it didn't off some really cool stuff. If it was something like $5/month and unlocked some really cool features but free users still get the current GB experience, that'd be great. I bet they've got some very interesting stuff in store for those willing to pay. I sure want to give something back to the Bomb Squad. 

#22 Posted by RecSpec (4563 posts) -

Dreamcast Revival Party.
BYOVMU

#23 Posted by Guyzea (801 posts) -

If it's a subscription service then  I would be willing to pay approximately $1 every 5 months.

#24 Posted by bennym6 (480 posts) -

I hope thet don't do a subscription. I love the site but I dont have the money to subscribe and if it happens the people who don't subscribe will feel left out.
#25 Posted by Icil (745 posts) -

An announcement that sucks ass. 

Or one that kicks ass! I have no clue =/

#26 Posted by Mrnitropb (2131 posts) -
#27 Posted by VoodooTerror (611 posts) -

i will not pay to use this or any WM site

#28 Edited by Gamer_152 (14282 posts) -

There was a thread about this yesterday, it was locked at the OP's request but it was pretty much concluded that nobody knows. I think it's most likely going to be about the subscription service.

#29 Posted by Webby (720 posts) -

Dreamcast 2!!!

#30 Edited by Mrnitropb (2131 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:

" There was a thread about this yesterday, it was locked at the OP's request but it was pretty much concluded that nobody knows. I think it's most likely going to be about the subscription service. "

To be fair, that guy was bein' kind of a dick.
#31 Posted by ninjakiller (3428 posts) -

I don't know what they could offer in a subscription service.  It's be like the PSN+, I mean all the best stuff is already free and I think they'd have to firewall some stuff to make it worth subscribing.  Unless Jeff comes to your house once a month or so to cut your lawn or something what would make a subscription worth subscribing to?  

#32 Edited by MB (13930 posts) -

You heard it here first: User video content. Also, I am a disinformation agent and not to be trusted.

#33 Posted by trophyhunter (6039 posts) -

So people actually tried to answer the question here huh?

#34 Posted by Fripplebubby (1050 posts) -
@Theresonlyone said:
" I doubt it would be subscription models what else can the site offer? There's very few adds and the videos are high quality. What could they charge for that would be worth it? "
It's not really about it being worth it,  for a lot of people. It's about supporting the site and Whiskey Media in general, as some of us just want a chance to give back the guys who do so much for no cost to us (I mean, technically we absorb ads, but that doesn't happen too often).
#35 Posted by trophyhunter (6039 posts) -
@MB said:
" You heard it here first: User video content. Also, I am a disinformation agent and not to be trusted. "
if that were actually true. I would burn down the new and the old offices with everyone still inside.
#36 Posted by MB (13930 posts) -
@trophyhunter: The building is brick, dude. Sorry.
#37 Posted by trophyhunter (6039 posts) -
@MB said:
" @trophyhunter: The building is brick, dude. Sorry. "
Oh brick can burn, and they'll ask questions oh they'll questions alright.  
and I'm not going to tell them anything anything!!!
#38 Posted by intoblivion (346 posts) -

Whiskey Media Adult Media database is a gooo!!!!!!!!

#39 Posted by TheDoubleJ (222 posts) -

maybe GB will get more ads unless you pay like 5$ a month

#40 Posted by Mrnitropb (2131 posts) -
@intoblivion: Ok that's even more gross because you said "goo" instead of "go" Icky puns are the worst.
#41 Posted by Astras (1064 posts) -
@harinosho said:
" the ff7 remake! awesome right?! no? "
Lol, this is what I was thinking when I clicked on this.. was hoping square Enix finally were releasing "THE" statement, sad I know :P
#42 Posted by damswedon (3221 posts) -
#43 Posted by MattyFTM (14599 posts) -

It's the day luchadeer will launch his invasion on Mexico, which is the first stage in his plan for world domination. By this time next year the whole world will be ruled by a deer head wearing a luchador mask.

You heard it here first.

Moderator Online
#44 Edited by phrosnite (3509 posts) -

I have seen no ads here... and on GT for some reason the ads are skipped... Hurray for Bulgaria I guess :D on GS though you can't excape the ads....

#45 Posted by Yzzerdd (528 posts) -

Dreamcast Throwback 2

#46 Posted by VisariLoyalist (3088 posts) -

It's a mystery that's the point

#47 Posted by Forcen (2122 posts) -
#48 Posted by DanielJW (4929 posts) -

It's the day after my birthday!

#49 Posted by TurboMan (8173 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" It's the day after my birthday! "
a week after my birthday!
#50 Posted by TheDoubleJ (222 posts) -