• 0 results
#1 Edited by quantumshift5 (415 posts) -

So which is it?? Mine has to be God of War 3:) oh and for some people who only have PC, you can name your most epic game.
#2 Posted by Icemael (6339 posts) -

Bayonetta.

#3 Posted by buzz_clik (6989 posts) -

I'm about to hit Hour 100 in Fallout 3. Before that, I would have said either of the Mass Effect games.

#4 Posted by dunderri (161 posts) -

Mass Effect 2. Some of the visuals are just breath-taking.

#5 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Mass Effect 2. 

Uhhh... well below that I suppose COD4/MW2 on a few missions. I'm not sure why I didn't feel Dragon Age being epic enough.

#6 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" Bayonetta. "
May not be the best game in the world but you can't say it isn't epic.
#7 Posted by quantumshift5 (415 posts) -
@dunderri:
I want to play Mass Effect 2 but never played the first one. Should I play it first then the second??
#8 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -

brutal legend

#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

God of War 3 was pretty epic. Every minute of it. 

#10 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2259 posts) -

For the 360 it would have to be Fallout 3, that game is huge with so much stuff to do in it. For the ps3 it would be Killzone 2 with all it's glorious action especially towards the end. Hard to define epic really, it could be the actual size of the game or the memorable set pieces it has in it.
#11 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Crackdown (first one).  'Splosion Man (first one).  I want a PS3, the xbox is arse.

#12 Posted by dunderri (161 posts) -
@quantumshift5 said:
" @dunderri: I want to play Mass Effect 2 but never played the first one. Should I play it first then the second?? "
Well they are 2 really different games. The first one is more of an RPG where you can mess around with weapon add-ons, build up your character a bunch of different ways. The second they take some of that away. I'm sure you can find the first one at a somewhat low price. Just buy that one. I personally like starting out first in series then making my way up. Plus, you'll have some background going into the second game, not like you really need, but it's just nice to have.
#13 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

As far as epic, I would say God of War 3.

#14 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -
@quantumshift5 said:
" @dunderri: I want to play Mass Effect 2 but never played the first one. Should I play it first then the second?? "
Yes. You won't get as much of the story and character if you don't. Plus the stuff in Mass Effect 2 won't be as memorable or have the same impact. I would also say mine is Mass Effect 2 with Gears of War 2 second.
#15 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3071 posts) -

Uncharted 2.

#16 Posted by Spoonman671 (4695 posts) -

Demon's Souls- the archdemon fights are pretty epic, particularly the Dragon God and the Storm King.
Infamous- the first time you summon down a lightning bolt from the heavens.  Epic.
God of War 3- pretty much all of it.

#17 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

The Gears of War games are the only Epic Games I've played.  Oh, and Unreal Tournament III.

#18 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:
" God of War 3 was pretty epic. Every minute of it.  "
#19 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

why cant PC be included?

#20 Posted by HS21 (2682 posts) -

Motorstorm. Sometimes, if you drive recklessly, your car can crash and it can even explode.

#21 Posted by NTM (7479 posts) -
@DrPockets000 said:
"The Gears of War games are the only Epic Games I've played.  Oh, and Unreal Tournament III. "

That wasn't the question ha ha.
#22 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

Gears of War 1 & 2 are the most EPIC games Ive played on the 360. BADUM SUM CHING! 

For an honest answer.Mass Effect. I would say ME2 but I have ME2 for PC.
#23 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3487 posts) -

MGS4 or GoW3

#24 Posted by Izaak (248 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 or RDR

#25 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -

God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls

#26 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Hitman: Blood Money.

Still my favorite game.

#27 Posted by Jazz (2289 posts) -

Epic as in scope, or epic as in 'we like to misuse the word epic to mean something we really enjoyed?' 
Toss up between MGS4 and Dragon Age, both have epic moments, especially during that crawl through the microwave, or the beginning of DAO with the battle.

#28 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

Uncharted 2

#29 Posted by wormz (140 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" Bayonetta. "
This! What a game and lady.
#30 Posted by VanderSEXXX (552 posts) -

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

#31 Edited by nail1080 (1975 posts) -
@VanderSEXXX said:

" Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 "

This, ME1, GTA4 The Lost and Damned, Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, and of course Red Dead....

ooo and dragon age origins and awakening
#32 Posted by mau64 (539 posts) -

I think it has to go to God of War 3 for now but still catching up on my backlog.

#33 Posted by xpxTomxqx (138 posts) -

For pure amazement it would have to be Gears of War the first time around, I was simply blown away with how that game looks. It was also the first time I ever played Xbox Live so that was refreshing experience.

#34 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Limbo

#35 Posted by Ninja (536 posts) -

I love Mass Effect " but for this question I've got to say the Modern Warfare 2. I love popcorn flicks so thats why.

#36 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -

Different games at different times at one point I would have said Halo 3 but it hasn't aged that well. Right now probably Mass Effect 2

#37 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Gears of War 2 on 360, Uncharted 2 on PS3.

#38 Posted by Atlas (2454 posts) -

Toss up between Oblivion and Dragon Age. Just the scope and depth of those games is incredible. Plus both have excellent sound design and brilliant music, which really helps give games that epic feel.

#39 Posted by Deathcrush (52 posts) -

1.God of war 3. 
2.Gears of war.
3.Metal Gear solid 4
4.Bioshock
5.Oblivion
6.Dragon age

#40 Posted by roscoe (145 posts) -

the one experience that has stayed with me the longest has been dead space, but probably fallout 3

#41 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

MGS4 is obviously the correct answer to this question.  

Mass Effect, Uncharted 2, and God Of War III would be runner ups.
#42 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

God of war 3, and halo 3 (I don't care what you say, the music alone is the most epic thing to exist ever).

#43 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
@Djeffers03: 

This would like to argue your comment, and it's 12 years old.
#44 Posted by BergDK (270 posts) -

Gears of War 2... no pun intended :)

Playing through that game on insane in Co-op was epic.

#45 Posted by Steve_C (1756 posts) -

MGS4.

#46 Posted by RecSpec (3852 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2.

#47 Posted by TwoLines (2819 posts) -

Epic..?
Erm.. Fallout 3 I guess.
I sank so many hours into that game..

#48 Edited by PenguinDust (12554 posts) -

I'm not quite sure how "Epic" is being defined here.  

1. For "epic" length, I probably spent the most time in Mass Effect 1.  Yeah, Fallout 3 & Oblivion would seem to be longer, but those ultimately turned out to be PC games for me.  The same is true of Dragon Age which would have taken the award had the PC been allowed. EDIT: since PC is allowed unlike my original thought, DA:O is my choice.
  2. For "epic" scale, I'd say either Killzone 2 or Call of Duty 2.  There were several moments where I felt I was on a very big battlefield.  
  3. For the undefinable "epicness" that makes you sit up and go "whoa!" Uncharted 2 is at the head of my list.  There are too many moments in that game that had me feeling like I was part of a summer blockbuster movie.
#49 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Gears of War 2 hands down.

#50 Posted by Brizik47 (21 posts) -

I've played a lot of great games so far for both systems, but as far as "epic" goes, God of War 3.