#1 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

I've been trying to figure out what the proper dimensions should be for a background on Giantbomb but I can't figure it out. Anyone know, it's clearly not 16:9.

#2 Edited by egg (1455 posts) -
#3 Posted by granderojo (1778 posts) -

@egg: yeah I noticed that, the problem is that I can't seem to figure out the logic behind how much it cuts off on the bottom. It seems the wider the webpage goes the more it takes off? I guess I was having a hard time with the 1920 by 1080 because all the backgrounds I was uploading I preferred the bottom half of the wallpaper so when it cut them off it looked terrible.

#4 Edited by egg (1455 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@egg: yeah I noticed that, the problem is that I can't seem to figure out the logic behind how much it cuts off on the bottom. It seems the wider the webpage goes the more it takes off? I guess I was having a hard time with the 1920 by 1080 because all the backgrounds I was uploading I preferred the bottom half of the wallpaper so when it cut them off it looked terrible.

Now that you mention it, yea, zooming the page in or out affects how much is cut. So I guess this means all our backgrounds will look different on each person's monitor. On top of that some GB users are using various zoom levels on their browser to make the new site look better.

#5 Edited by Fattony12000 (7240 posts) -

So far I have found that this image:

Download the psd here - http://www.sendspace.com/file/ndw7di

Results in this performance (both resolutions are in full screen mode with no zoom, done on a dual monitor setup):

Is that any kind of any use to anyone? I will work on this more to create a psd or something that works real sexy for people.

Sexy.

#6 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

The actual little rectangle (if you want the WHOLE picture to take up only that space was 1346 * 400) but im using a 720p laptop sooo. who knows

#7 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

@fattony12000: That's a very useful template, thank you and nice work!