A stick.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

Aeris. What a fucking waste of XP, and oh way to go bump off the healer, thanks guys.

Ugh. That game.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Mission Vao from KotOR is pretty useless and annoying, being a skills character in a game that doesn't need many skills.

EDIT: Oh right. Anders in Dragon Age II is the actual worst.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Probably Fawkes in Fallout 3. Total asshole.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By uniform

Marcassin (Ni no Kuni)

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@uniform said:

Marcassin (Ni no Kuni)

Why is she doing that?

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@arbitrarywater:

Mission Vao from KotOR is pretty useless and annoying, being a skills character in a game that doesn't need many skills.

Whaat? There is like five worse party characters in KotOR alone. Mission's great.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By MistaSparkle

Buneary is currently my least favorite Pokemon in my party right now because that fucker won't evolve.

All of the Dead Rising survivors.

Anyone who misses their shot in X-COM.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seauton

Cait Sith or fucking Quinna....fuck them

bigdaddy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think any party member from Ni No Kuni qualifies as the worst. And I'm including the main character in this because every time I released him to control someone else, he would immediately recall the familiar I summoned to protect his weak ass and then run up to the big baddie and proceed to hit them with his wand. Fucking dumbass.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cmblasko

Thief in the original Final Fantasy. Their upgraded Ninja sprite looks cool, but besides that they don't contribute much to the group.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimbo said:

Probably Fawkes in Fallout 3. Total asshole.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@arbitrarywater said:

In terms of the character himself I'd agree, but once Bethany is out he's the only healer in the group. I found it almost impossible not to use him. Personally I'd say Merril because she had access to all of the least useful spells and died all the time.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Marcsman

@uniform said:

Marcassin (Ni no Kuni)

Yeah getting him at 80% through the game was pretty bad. Cait Sith is a close second.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ian in Fallout. That guy isn't allowed to hold an SMG anymore.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

This annoying little turd.

No Caption Provided

Sidoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I going to have to be the asshole that says Edward from Final Fantasy IV?

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Undeadpool

@mikkaq said:

Aeris. What a fucking waste of XP, and oh way to go bump off the healer, thanks guys.

Ugh. That game.

Dingdingding! Certainly the most overrated party member...and I just haaaaated her personality, I actually really appreciated that the game let you do the date night with whomever you'd treated the best (Tifa for life).

Cyan or Gau in FFVI were always pretty useless. The former because the charge time on his technique became ridiculously prohibitive and the latter because most of his abilities were completely and utterly useless. But I actually like both their personalities and back-stories, so I guess "worst" is overselling it a bit.

breenmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By breenmachine

He's certainly useful in battle, but for personality alone, I'm inclined to say Joshua from The World Ends With You. I'm not sure it counts, though, because you're SUPPOSED to hate the fucker.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cloudenvy

Way to open up old wounds.

I still hear Marin Karin whispered softly in my nightmares.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

No Caption Provided

I fucking hate him. His name, his voice, his character, and pretty much everything else about him were a source of constant annoyance to me.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Pokey in the intro of EarthBound.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Waka. Never used him, because he was just an asshole character.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wakka or whatever his name is from final fantasy 10 or Zack from 8. Fuck those guys.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I present to you, the least charismatic person in the universe to hear hours of dialogue with...

Corso Riggs

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By afabs515

This isn't a specific party member, but in a lot of Japanese games, they introduce a weird creature that they think is gonna be seen as super adorable. Then they give it a high pitched whiny voice and have it talk ALL THE TIME. Every one of those characters has a special place on my list of shitty party members.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@cloudenvy said:

Way to open up old wounds.

I still hear Marin Karin whispered softly in my nightmares.

She nearly got me killed with her Marin Karin bullshit yesterday, fucking idiot.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Aerith for sure.

After I found out she dies, I never ever used her unless I was forced to.
Even if her Limit breaks are among the best in the game, it just took too much effort to get her to that level, only for her to be introduced to Mr Masamune

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Gau. The veldt section is easily the low point of an otherwise perfect game

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By zeushbien

He isn't the worst, but I never liked using Zaeed from Mass Effect 2. His abilities aren't all that interesting imo, and he is such a jerk also.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guts, your wingmate in Ace Combat Assault Horizon. Says nothing but shiity, unfunny one-liners and never shuts the fuck up. Ugh, never seen him kill a damn thing either.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A dead heat between Mack and Cooke in Lost Odyssey. After one of their many brain meltingly horrific cutscenes I just had to stand up and turn off the 360, all the while shaking my head saying "I just can't take this anymore". I think it's the only time a game has broke me like that.

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Oh you wanted me to heal, i was thinking marin karin instead. that enemy is weak to ice i have just the thing, marin karin

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

He's up there! In fact, I think you might win compared to my suggestions.

I always bring up BigTits McGee, but only because her character is so... awfully stereotyped. I guess I never actually used her in my party, either, unless the game forced it.

And I would say Fuuka as well, but she's not... well, technically a party member? (She doesn't fight with you). Don't get me wrong... I love Fukka, but that voice with those repetitive lines and that.... well, I guess it's a translation issue.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Clonedzero

Without thinking about it too hard, i'll go with Fenris from DA2. Stupid emo brooding dickhole. All he does is complain and i was a mage so he was a constant dick to me too for no reason. Fuck that guy.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Trilogy
@rasmoss said:

@arbitrarywater said:

Whaat? There is like five worse party characters in KotOR alone. Mission's great.

Mission Vao was the character that I got the dreaded Carth Onasi bug with. It was the part towards the end of the game where you have to escape imprisonment. You get to choose to play as one of the members of your party and have to use their skills to escape. I used Mission Vao because of her stealth abilities, naturally. The glitch came when I ended the mission in stealth. The very next cutscene was on your ship where everyone is discussing what to do next. The camera is on Carth, and then it's supposed to sweep to Mission Vao for her line, but it doesn't because the game still has her in stealth. Basically unless you have some crazy amount of stealth detection, you're stuck in a starring contest with Carth's dumb face. This is about 45 hours into the game so your only option is to start from scratch. Luckily this wasn't my first time through the game, so it wasn't a big deal.

I realize that it's unfair to blame all of that on Mission, herself, but it's what I think about when somebody brings her up.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By LackingSaint

Dogmeat. Had to leave that asshole at home for basically the rest of the game once I found him, because otherwise he'd jump at every enemy and explosive he could.

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without thinking about it too hard, i'll go with Fenris from DA2. Stupid emo brooding dickhole. All he does is complain and i was a mage so he was a constant dick to me too for no reason. Fuck that guy.

I'd nominate any party member from DA2 really...

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By huser

@cmblasko said:

Thief in the original Final Fantasy. Their upgraded Ninja sprite looks cool, but besides that they don't contribute much to the group.

Yeah they had to have cut something right? Like STEAL or something because that character was borderline useless as a fighting class being 4th best fighter in a game with only six classes.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

HK-47 from KotOR. He was the most uninteresting character I've ever encountered in a video game.

But for reals, I really didn't like any of the followers in Fallout 3. Mostly because I feel like I have to watch them at all times; as if they were a little kid or something.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#43  Edited By Yummylee
@andrewb said:

@yummylee said:

He's up there! In fact, I think you might win compared to my suggestions.

I always bring up BigTits McGee, but only because her character is so... awfully stereotyped. I guess I never actually used her in my party, either, unless the game forced it.

And I would say Fuuka as well, but she's not... well, technically a party member? (She doesn't fight with you). Don't get me wrong... I love Fukka, but that voice with those repetitive lines and that.... well, I guess it's a translation issue.

I never took her with me either, but from what I've heard by people who did, she's apparently a well realised character with a surprising amount of depth behind her overly shallow exterior. As far as DA party members go, Fenris is perhaps the only one I would consider to be outright awful, for the same reasons @clonedzero listed. He was my love interest for my second playthrough and he was just as mopey and melodramatic all the same. But my second playthrough Hawke I roleplayed as a generally shallow and vapid sorta person anywhoo, so I stuck with him since they fitted so well together :P

EDIT: Oh, Carver and Bethany were pretty boring as well. But they weren't insufferable or anything like Fenris.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Mezmero

Every Final Fantasy has at least one bad party member. I'm going to say Chu-Chu from Xenogears. Annoying, stupid, and pointless. Kills a lot of the momentum in the story. It embodies everything I hate in JRPGs and anime.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, guys. It's clearly any of the (many) awful characters from Chrono Cross. This isn't debatable.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seauton said:

Cait Sith or fucking Quinna....fuck them

You have awful taste.

Plus Quina is super useful in combat.

Personally it's got to be Tellah. But he's also the best party member. Figure that one out.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AndrewB

@yummylee: Huh. I guess I'll probably have to admit on being wrong then, if that is the case. It's just that, in a game redeemed mostly by its better characters, every time Isabella was on screen made me sad that the Grey Warden had a threesome with her (I guess now I'm being hypocritical), and I never had any use for her in combat nor any inkling to go through her romance.

I didn't really have an issue with Fenris other than that he was one of the weaker characters. I was interested in a lot of the plot surrounding him more because I just admire the lore of the Dragon Age world.

The real answer to worst character from Dragon Age II in particular would then fall on Anders, since as complex as they tried to build up the plot and his motivations, the guy is just an irredeemable prick who also happens to be more whiny than Fenris. I didn't even need him since my original Hawke filled his mage role.

Though if you want to talk about character usefulness over likability, I'd still fall back on Isabella for most useless (you would never leave Varric behind - wait, I think that's combining usefulness and likability).

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Clonedzero

@veiasma said:

@clonedzero said:

I'd nominate any party member from DA2 really...

Really? I thought most of the cast was really well written. Especially Varric and that guard chick who i cant remember her name. Plus that adorable elf girl. Carver was your bitter brat of a brother but he was supposed to be so i count him as being well written.

Fenris just came off as Bioware trying to write the stereotypical brooding, angsty spiky haired, big sword carrying Jrpg character. He was annoying, felt super out of place, he was just awful in every way.

Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aerie from Baldur's Gate 2

*drops mic*