What is the worst party member ever in your opinion

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By BisonHero

Yuzu Tanikawa from SMT: Devil Survivor was the biggest waste of space to ever exist in an SMT game. She just constantly whines about wanting to go home and for things to go back to normal, and while the rest of the group sends you reasonably intelligent emails at the end of each day, Yuzu's are full of dumb textese and IM short forms. IT'S A FUCKING EMAIL, GODDAMMIT!

This pretty much encapsulates her dumb character. Also, you guys have put some fairly creepy fanart of Yuzu on the wiki, so I hope you're proud of yourselves.
This pretty much encapsulates her dumb character. Also, you guys have put some fairly creepy fanart of Yuzu on the wiki, so I hope you're proud of yourselves.

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ian from Fallout 1, he is legendary for his skills at spraying you and your other allies in the back with whatever weapon you give him

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Petiew

@reisz said:

@xtrememuffinman said:

Waka. Never used him, because he was just an asshole character.

@laserbolts said:

Wakka or whatever his name is from final fantasy 10.

You two, let's go have beers some time. Wakka is irredeemable, just. . . . Just awful.

You guys are alright.

Man, you guys are nuts. Wakka's change from an asshole racist cultist into a respectable gentleman is one of the best things about X and X-2. How can you not love a dude that decides the most effective way to defeat a gigantic ancient evil is to throw a volleyball at it? Plus the fact that he has a weapon that gives him a 100% chance to dodge all physical attacks and then counter-attack.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#104  Edited By Video_Game_King

I still hear Marin Karin whispered softly in my nightmares.

I am having no problems with this.

I cast my vote for....the pirate guy from Tear Ring Saga whose growths are essentially zero across the board?

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't think I've ever cared about any video game character enough to really hate him/her.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@petiew said:

@reisz said:

@xtrememuffinman said:

Waka. Never used him, because he was just an asshole character.

@laserbolts said:

Wakka or whatever his name is from final fantasy 10.

You two, let's go have beers some time. Wakka is irredeemable, just. . . . Just awful.

You guys are alright.

How can you not love a dude that decides the most effective way to defeat a gigantic ancient evil is to throw a volleyball at it?

I hope this is not a serious question.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

-random member of congress' name here-

Get it? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha.

Probably the gay elf from Dragon Age. I forget his name and never actually had him in my party because of how much I hated him just from the event you meet him during in the game (right before I murder that fool).

God he's obnoxious. I watched a friend play a bit with him in the party and I wanted to reach through the TV and strangle him. WHY COULDN'T THE CHARMING, MASCULINE, AND ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS ONE BE THE GAY ONE?

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laserbolts: I hope that's not a serious retort. The dude kills mythical beasts with a rubber ball.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By AiurFlux

I'm going to name a few from Star Ocean: The Last Hope.

First off we have Lymle Lemuri Phi, probably the only child that I want to see get hit by a bus so hard she goes careening through the air into a vat of acid. Plus she's supposed to be 15 but acts like a retarded 3 year old.

Then we have Meracle Chamlotte, who is this weird hyperactive human cat hybrid there for the furries. Unlike Lymle I just wish she'd be shot and her pelt turned into a coat.

Finally we have Sarah Jerand, a thing that looks like an angel, but is completely socially retarded and friendly to the point of making you physically ill. I'd like to see her wings cut off and her thrown out of a plane.

The cast of that game is fucking AWFUL. Really really terrible.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kaidan Alenko from Mass Effect

To quote the truth. That man is probably the most uninteresting person in the whole universe.

thdemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man, am I the only one here who likes Carth? But that's not the point. Fuck Alistair from DA:O. I hate everything about him, from his skills to his constant whine. Never has any good input, just a bitch or a moan.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thdemn said:

Man, am I the only one here who likes Carth? But that's not the point. Fuck Alistair from DA:O. I hate everything about him, from his skills to his constant whine. Never has any good input, just a bitch or a moan.

Whatttt? Alistair was awesome. He was built to be a super great tank (which he was), he has funny quips constantly, and he's like your dudes best friend. I've played through DA:O like 4 times and everysingle time Alistair never leaves my party, ever.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#113  Edited By TheBluthCompany

Jacob Taylor, Mass Effect 2. Blandity bland man. Plain oatmeal would be more interesting to have conversations with. Also he totally cheats on FemShep. Boo!

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By blueinferno
No Caption Provided

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Anders in Dragon Ager II when he does the thing that makes the least sense of anything in video games ever.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@sidoran said:

Am I going to have to be the asshole that says Edward from Final Fantasy IV?

I honestly can't believe it took this long for someone to say it. Seriously, Edward's defining battle traits are singing and running away. He's like a combination of Brave Sir Robin and Robin's minstrels in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

blueinferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By blueinferno

@thebluthcompany: Good point, I can't recall one moment I used Jacob in ME 2 besides the beginning of the game and his loyalty mission. And he was so boring to talk to.

IAmADwagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I remember reading somewhere a little while after that game came out that Basch (and Ashe) were initially the main characters and Square thought that the audience wouldn't connect well with an "older man", so they created Vaan late in production and forced him into the game.

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. After Basch and Ashe join the party in earnest, Vaan's presence kinda drops off a cliff while they carry the plot.

It's a shame, but I like the game nonetheless. It's just some missed opportunities...

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#120  Edited By tourgen
chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By chrissedoff

@andrewb said:

@zlimness said:

Aerie from Baldur's Gate 2

*drops mic*

Well you're wrong on that one, so pick someone else.

She's definitely the worst character in BG, at least.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@endurancefun: Triple wrong, Tellah is the man. Clearly we need to fist fight to decide the winner.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Pudge

@jimbo said:

Probably Fawkes in Fallout 3. Total asshole.

Whaa...

Is he an asshole because he's too good at killing EVERYONE?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#125  Edited By Hailinel

@bisonhero: To be fair, Yuzu is pretty much the epitome of the SMT coward character, and things never, ever go the way that the coward wants.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrewb said:

@kristov_romanov said:

This space-racist:

No Caption Provided

Virmire is a glorious planet.

I laughed out loud!

Ashley's not quite irredeemable, but man, given the choice between her and Kaiden and his wonderful voice actor, come on. It should have been her, not Jenkins...

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who didn't hate Kaiden. I don't understand why everyone thinks he sucks. Sure it got a little awkward when he thought I was into him but whatever man, buddies for life.

Im gonna have to go with whoever said any survivors from Dead Rising. I've never seen people so eager to die.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pudge said:

@jimbo said:

Whaa...

Alittle TOO good if you ask me. Plus he has a disgusting habit of standing in EVERY GOD DAMN DOORWAY THAT EXISTS

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#129  Edited By Levio

Dogmeat. Had to leave that asshole at home for basically the rest of the game once I found him, because otherwise he'd jump at every enemy and explosive he could.

Are you talking about Fallout 3? I immediately though of Fallout 1's Dogmeat, who really kicked ass. He could attack 4 times in a row, chewing through enemies. Sadly, he didn't know to not step into radiation pools, so he couldn't make it to the endgame with you if you went anywhere irradiated.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Adoring Fan loves you so much though! I thought he was hilarious and - i'm just gonna say it - adorable.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By GalacticPunt

Can we include Rico from the Killzone games? Because any excuse to say... Fuck that Piece of Shit!

Besides that, Vanille in FF13 is an unbearable manic pixie anime spaz. Edward in FF4 has a worthwhile character arc, but he's USELESS in battle.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@hailinel said:

@bisonhero: To be fair, Yuzu is pretty much the epitome of the SMT coward character, and things never, ever go the way that the coward wants.

Yuzu is basically the Ben of the game. God, if the game had ever given me the option to leave her behind/leave her to certain death, I would've taken it in a second.

No Caption Provided

Ben, on the other hand, deserved a second chance, even if he is a bit of a fuckup.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I have cleansed my memory of all horrible Jrpg memories, so while there is probably someone worse among the things I've played, I'd rather not find out.

But yeah, for now. Space-Racist bitch Ashley wins out. Maybe even combined with Kaidan since I consider both a massive waste of space and would've gladly left them to die together.

I mean seriously, I get that human characters might look a bit uninteresting next to the aliens, but make them at least A LITTLE interesting. Or likeable. Or not-shitty.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh wait, all you people saying wakka from FFX are forgetting one person.

KIMARHI. He is literally worthless. He adds nothing to the game, gameplay wise or story wise; at least Wakka has character growth.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

Yuzu is basically the Ben of the game. God, if the game had ever given me the option to leave her behind/leave her to certain death, I would've taken it in a second.

No Caption Provided

Ben, on the other hand, deserved a second chance, even if he is a bit of a fuckup.

I was going to go with Ben but both of his deaths were so satisfying to watch ;)

No Caption Provided

Think i'll go with Vanille instead.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By kristov_romanov

@andrewb said:

@kristov_romanov said:

This space-racist:

No Caption Provided

Virmire is a glorious planet.

I laughed out loud!

Ashley's not quite irredeemable, but man, given the choice between her and Kaiden and his wonderful voice actor, come on. It should have been her, not Jenkins...

Thank you! I thought I was the only one who didn't hate Kaiden. I don't understand why everyone thinks he sucks. Sure it got a little awkward when he thought I was into him but whatever man, buddies for life.

Im gonna have to go with whoever said any survivors from Dead Rising. I've never seen people so eager to die.

I really liked Kaidan (with an A, not an E. Knowing that shows my fanboyism) and not just as a gay fella. He just seemed to be somewhat of a change from the typical meathead bro guy you get in most scifi games. He thought about stuff and was open to humanity interacting with other species.

Also, does anyone find it off-putting that Ashley's chest is higher res than her legs in that picture?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Sinusoidal

Playing Nier right now and I'm inclined to go with Kaine. Yes, she swears like a sailor and that's kind of awesome, but it's hard to take her seriously when she's fighting in a skimpy, fuck-me nightgown and lace-up, open-back panties: holy fuck Japan! Also she's constantly knocking bad guys away with her weak-sauce attacks just as I'm about to one hit them.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Jennifer Love Hewitt. She was awful in "Party of Five."

To be fair everyone was awful in Party of Five

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Nier right now and I'm inclined to go with Kaine. Yes, she swears like a sailor and that's kind of awesome, but it's hard to take her seriously when she's fighting in a skimpy, fuck-me nightgown and lace-up, open-back panties: holy fuck Japan! Also she's constantly knocking bad guys away with her weak-sauce attacks just as I'm about to one hit them.

Kaine owns bones, sorry bro.

(also there is a reason why she dresses the way he does)

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dragon age 2 fuck that game to hell forever.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pudge said:

@jimbo said:

Whaa...

Alittle TOO good if you ask me. Plus he has a disgusting habit of standing in EVERY GOD DAMN DOORWAY THAT EXISTS

Eh, a few reloads didn't matter to me. Fawkes did the heavy lifting with that minigun and I was free to loot all day long with my dog off to the side. I felt like a mafia boss ordering hits on random raiders.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carth

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Cloudenvy

@believer258: I literally just booted up to check if my memory was wrong, but nope! Set her to healing/tactics and guess what?

MARIN KARIN!

It's about the most common complaint in regards to Persona 3, so both you and @video_game_king have been lucky, apparently.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfefecd6246b
deactivated-5bfefecd6246b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kristov_romanov: Ashley is turrible, so add my vote to the pile. I don't hate Kaidan, but he always came off as one-note and somewhat bitchy.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody gives a shit about Ken and Koromaru. I remember playing through one of the dungeons in The Answer, only to have the story payoff at the end of it be about Ken. I DON'T FUCKING CARE.

Hawkerace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Hey Niko let's go bowling!

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Mirado

Baby fucking Mario.

Even if you really like Yoshi's Island, you've got to admit that he is just the worst.

EnduranceFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By EnduranceFun

@seauton said:

@endurancefun: Triple wrong, Tellah is the man. Clearly we need to fist fight to decide the winner.

Yo, I love Tellah, but he gets worse as he levels up.

Also Cait Sith's got the mad instant-death button as his limit break and Quina has instant-death moves as well, on top of many other really useful blue magic. Though I will admit I really, really like both those characters as well.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thdemn said:

Whatttt? Alistair was awesome. He was built to be a super great tank (which he was), he has funny quips constantly, and he's like your dudes best friend. I've played through DA:O like 4 times and everysingle time Alistair never leaves my party, ever.

Alistair sucks. It is known. You can tell by how he whines through the entire game and by how he is called Alistair.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#150  Edited By Getz

@yummylee: Karol's got a decent arc, it's the voice actor that really kills it.