• 66 results
#1 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -
#2 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
#3 Edited by FourWude (2245 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo:
Haven't you heard? It was my understanding that everyone knew.
#4 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @ItBeStefYo said:

" On Jeff's formspring he is questioned 
Oh man the end of the milon's secret castle endurance run was great. such an emotional ending. Thanks for the 30 hour adventure!   What is this I thought the only ER's were Deadly Premonition and Persona 4 "

You missed it?! I was the most touching moment in the history of this site. I never thought tough Jeff would cry over a video game. "
He went so far as to call it "art," right before he and Vinny broke into song. I'd go watch it again, but I'm not sure if I'm emotionally prepared.
#5 Edited by Grissefar (2830 posts) -

It's not an official ER, it only aired on Vinnys justin.tv account, where it is archived.

Edit: it's not? It must've been taken down. It was archieved for a while.

#6 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

It was truly one of the greatest features on GB yet. Too bad you missed it.

#7 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Rmack said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @ItBeStefYo said:

Oh man the end of the milon's secret castle endurance run was great. such an emotional ending. Thanks for the 30 hour adventure!   What is this I thought the only ER's were Deadly Premonition and Persona 4 "

You missed it?! I was the most touching moment in the history of this site. I never thought tough Jeff would cry over a video game. "
He went so far as to call it "art," "
Yeah, and after dismissing Limbo the way he did. Although to be fair, Limbo's artistic direction has nothing on the beauty of Milon. Those castles were awe-inspiring.
#8 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -
@Grissefar: Can I have a link please? I cant find it.
#9 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Rmack said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
" @ItBeStefYo said:

He went so far as to call it "art," "
Yeah, and after dismissing Limbo the way he did. Although to be fair, Limbo's artistic direction has nothing on the beauty of Milon. Those castles were awe-inspiring. "
Man, when they arrived in the last castle, and that music was playing, I was crying my eyes out. Beautiful.
#10 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:

" @Grissefar: Can I have a link please? I cant find it. "

Here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hXPakltLIY 

I would embed it, but it may slow your browser with its artistic mastery. 

EDIT: Oh sorry, that doesn't seem to be it. Can't blame me for mixing them up though, they're pretty similar. 

EDIT 2: Yeah, seems no one had the sense to record it from Vinnys stream. I guess its lost forever.
#11 Edited by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -
@MysteriousBob:  -.- Also I cant find anything at all about this game apart from the first one i guess?
#12 Posted by KarlPilkington (2778 posts) -

The moment where Vinny freaks out was fucking hilarious though.
#13 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:
" @MysteriousBob:  -.- Also I cant find nothing at all about this game apart from the first one i guess? "
They're pretty obscure. The first is well known but 2 and 3 were only released in South America, but still had English dialogue strangely enough. GB had to import it. Go on an import site, they might have it. Or eBay. I warn you though, only 100 copies were ever made. Its really damn rare.
#14 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

GREAT ASS SHIT.

#15 Posted by Ragdrazi (2283 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo: Oh god. Please tell me you're kidding. 

MILON'S SECRET CASTLE THREE ENDURANCE RUN!? AND I MISSED IT!!!???
#16 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. God damnit why did I not ever hear about this? And why wouldnt they archive it in the site's ER section?

#17 Posted by Chirag4 (585 posts) -

*Spoilers* 

Remember when Vinny realised that the castle was the evil inside him all along? That was heart wrenching stuff.

#18 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:
" fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. God damnit why did I not ever hear about this? And why wouldnt they archive it in the site's ER section? "
Don't blame them, blame justin.tv for removing it.
#19 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -
@MysteriousBob:  Also why is there not a page for it in the Giantbomb database? I can find absolutly nothing about any sequels to the NES game
#20 Posted by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -
@Ragdrazi said:
" @ItBeStefYo: Oh god. Please tell me you're kidding.  MILON'S SECRET CASTLE THREE ENDURANCE RUN!? AND I MISSED IT!!!??? "
When did they do this ER? It would really blow if it's lost to the internet forever.
#21 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

This thread is bringing back such memories. It's bringing a tear to my eye.

P.S. This is cruel. 

Moderator Online
#22 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4858 posts) -

This entire thread: LOL

#23 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:
" @MysteriousBob:  Also why is there not a page for it in the Giantbomb database? I can find absolutly nothing about any sequels to the NES game "
There isn't? 

Oh wow, there isn't. Wierd. I guess after it ended everyone was just talking about it and forgot to make sure it had an actual wiki page. 

Do you want to make it then? I would but I haven't got the time.
#24 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

I like swearing but this had too much swearing.  If somebody counts off the F's and B's they deserve a prize.  I counted at least 4 "you F'ing C's" and one "You mf-ing B-ing C" and this was less than six hours in.

#25 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

fuckin bullshit. I'm a subscriber and want this ER uploaded to the site. NOW!........please?
#26 Posted by FourWude (2245 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:
" @MysteriousBob:  Also why is there not a page for it in the Giantbomb database? I can find absolutly nothing about any sequels to the NES game "
The pages were spammed ad nauseum during the endurance run. Excess images and inappropriate images etc. So they decided to pull the page, it was meant to be restored, so you'll have to ask one of the Mods, preferably MattyFM about it.
#27 Posted by AuthenticM (3802 posts) -

This thread is not funny.

#28 Edited by Chirag4 (585 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:

Seriously? Oh shit, you're right, someone should really get onto making that page. It might be tough with the limited information and all archives of the ER lost though... 

EDIT: My mistake, it seems the page was pulled.
#29 Posted by FourWude (2245 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" @ItBeStefYo said:
There isn't?  Oh wow, there isn't. Wierd. I guess after it ended everyone was just talking about it and forgot to make sure it had an actual wiki page.  Do you want to make it then? I would but I haven't got the time. "
You're mistaken. There was one, but it was pulled temporarily. See my above post.
#30 Edited by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

This thread is more amusing than i thought it would be when i clicked on it.

Edit: If a little cruel...

#31 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -
@weegieanawrench:  I feel like we need to cry in each other's arms.
#32 Edited by weegieanawrench (1943 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo: *SOB*  

... Somehow I get the feeling that this is a hoax. 

EDIT: I don't know what to think actually.
#33 Posted by Chirag4 (585 posts) -
@AuthenticM said:
" This thread is not funny. "
We know its not funny. A member of our most beloved site eagerly wishes to join in on our festivities but is unable to due to an error by justin.tv 

I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
#34 Posted by Weltal (2275 posts) -

I still can't believe they got Ice-T to sit in on that one episode. Best ER.

#35 Edited by sharma55 (455 posts) -

You guys... Just... Disappoint me so much, I stayed up till 5AM my time to watch it, totally worth it, Never thought Jeff would cry.

#36 Edited by XTraFries (213 posts) -

Well, I guess it's lost forever. Shame, it was a great time.... 

Maybe if we ask them nicely they'll do another one of these impromptu ERs. Just keep asking!

#37 Posted by enterthewumpus (49 posts) -

Soooooo good.

#38 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

You know, VInny does his own live streams pretty often. I think there's definitely a possibility for a new one.

#39 Edited by litrock (170 posts) -

I ... I don't know if my faith in humanity has been ruined forever, or completely restored.

At least, that's what I felt at the end of the ER. Jeff's reflection on the meaning of life was really moving.

#40 Posted by mm665 (408 posts) -

My favorite ER by far!

#41 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

It was really good of them to allow it for download regardless of membership or not - Not quite sure why Justin.tv removed it though?  

#42 Edited by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

It was the only ER worth watching in my honest opinion  

Edit: I was wrong, the Bad Dudes ER was the best

#43 Posted by onimonkii (2463 posts) -

gullible: the thread

#44 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4858 posts) -
#45 Posted by ZombiePie (5746 posts) -

Great someone just tried to submit Milon's Secret Castle III to the wiki database. This is funny, but don't abuse the wiki system.

#46 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:
" @Gav47 said:
" It was the only ER worth watching in my honest opinion   Edit: I was wrong, the Bad Dudes ER was the best "
But the Bad Dudes run
"
Shhhh... 

Disregard everything Gunslinger is saying, the Milon's Secret Castle III Endurance Run is totally real and you should continue to look for it.
#47 Posted by sharma55 (455 posts) -
@onimonkii said:
" gullible: the thread "
You know, that word's not in the dictionary.
#48 Edited by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -
@ZombiePie: That was me. Sorry I did believe this :(

Can someone clear up how this hoax was possible!? how did everyone come together to lie to me?! Even Jeff!
#49 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

And then we laughed and laughed and laughed. 

And then we made image macros with Inspirational Poster generators.

#50 Edited by Chris2KLee (2338 posts) -
@ItBeStefYo said:

" @ZombiePie: That was me. Sorry I did believe this :(  Can someone clear up how this hoax was possible!? how did everyone come together to lie to me?! Even Jeff! "

I believe this started over on his Formspring account. Someone asked him a joke question, he answered with a joke. Welcome to the joke!