#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (746 posts) -

I've always wanted a survival based zombie game. Sort of like Day-Z just even more massive and in an urban environment. You would have to salvage resources, fight zombies as well as real players and just try to stay alive. That's my dream game. What is your dream game?

#2 Posted by TheHT (11274 posts) -

Mount and Blade (battle scale, mounted combat, archery combat, open-ended gameplay) mixed with Skyrim (world detail, amount of quests) mixed with Dragon Age (interesting companions, dialogue options) mixed with Assassin's Creed (traversal, animation quality) mixed with Diablo 3 (loot) mixed with Demon's Souls (ghosts of other players, soulstone mechanic) mixed with Hawt Compositions (Jesper Kyd, Jeremy Soule, Susumu Hirasawa) mixed with Berserk (badassness) mixed with Dark Souls (melee combat) mixed with Shadow of the Collosus (enemy scale) mixed with Alan Wake (polish) mixed with Just Cause 2 (world scale) mixed with Hitman (disguise mechanic, accidents mechanic) mixed with Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (stealth gameplay) mixed with Guild Wars 2 (character creator, voice actors) mixed with Hideo Kojima (melodrama) mixed with Swery (melomelodrama) mixed with The Witcher 2 (drama, rawness, visual style) mixed with Abara (sweet bone armor/weapons) mixed with Dragon's Dogma (nighttime is fuuuuuuuuuucked) mixed with Watch Dogs (graphical fidelity) mixed with Toned Down Batman Arkham City (melee combat).

#3 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (434 posts) -

@TheHT: Mixed with just a tad of SUDA51 insanity

#4 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

this i think

#5 Posted by GTCknight (695 posts) -

My realistic dream game would be Freespace 3.

As for a more crazed dream game, I'd have to think about it some more.

#6 Posted by JacDG (2126 posts) -

A longer, more open and less focused on combat sequel to Mirror's Edge.

#7 Posted by Zenogiasu (193 posts) -

@TheHT said:

mixed with Swery (melomelodrama)

Heh.

As for me, either a zombie game similar to what the OP described, or a fantasy FPS. I'm talking dragons and M4s, people.

#8 Posted by Cubidog1 (228 posts) -

I like that zombie game idea. Personally, I would love a great bank heist game with comedic characters. It could be 1st or 3rd person, I wouldn't really care as long as everything feels smooth. Payday: The Heist was not what I wanted. It felt like Left 4 Dead. Another game I would love: a sci-fi open world game like Grand Theft Auto. You could choose to be a crime lord, bounty hunter, etc. There would have to be spaceship battles of course. And aliens. Can't forget about aliens. I think it could easily work. It might already exist even, but if that game does, I have not heard of it.

#9 Posted by RagingLion (1365 posts) -
#10 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

I just realized every idea I have for a game is either "Another game like X but better" or an awful mishmash of genres that would next work together.

#11 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

I just realized every idea I have for a game is either "Another game like X but better" or an awful mishmash of genres that would next work together.

Sometimes you need to stand on the shoulders of giants to achieve something great. Just look at Gears of War.

#12 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

@Nottle: Oh man! Gears of war, but with swords and arrows and magic! That could never fail!

#13 Posted by Nottle (1914 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

@Nottle: Oh man! Gears of war, but with swords and arrows and magic! That could never fail!

Spears of War. Actually something like that may actually be a thing.

#14 Edited by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

I have been watching a LOT of DayZ videos on YouTube since my laptop can't run ArmA 2, and I would have to say that game comes pretty close. Imagine that game with the Frostbite 2 engine, destructible environments, and a better inventory system. It would be damn near perfect. I would still suck at it, but it would be incredible.

#15 Edited by CrossTheAtlantic (1145 posts) -

@Nottle said:

@mtcantor said:

Spears of War. Actually something like that may actually be a thing.

Bows of War.

or

Game of Gears

It's what the kids are all about these days, people.

#16 Posted by Maginnovision (487 posts) -

Omikron 2: The nomadder soul

#17 Posted by Adaurin (187 posts) -

I want a story-based rpg that uses Rayman Origins-style platforming. Similar to how Mass Effect combined RPGs and Third Person Shooters.

#18 Posted by Socialone (202 posts) -

My dream game really isn't too much to ask for, and I can't believe nobody got it done by now. Just give me Morrowind in Peter Jackson's Middle Earth. That's all.

#19 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@JacDG said:

A longer, more open and less focused on combat sequel to Mirror's Edge.

WHY? Why do people say that? I played that game, and you know what? THERE WAS NO COMBAT. JUST DON'T PICK UP THE GUN. PUNCH LIKE, ONE NINJA. BEAT THE DAMN GAME. Simple.

@kgb0515: Build a new PC by the time ArmA III comes out and you might come a little closer to that reality, if they decide to work it into the core package for ArmA III.

#20 Posted by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

Survival open world Jurassic Park game. Maybe someday...

#21 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

Half-life but less linear and no stupid physics puzzles

#22 Posted by leejunfan83 (967 posts) -

Authentic kung fu movie from the 70's

#23 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

This Ain't Call of Duty XXX

#24 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

i'd like to see a redone version of soul reaver with the final brother added in and a reboot of the fiction after the first or second one

#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (5686 posts) -

@Adaurin said:

I want a story-based rpg that uses Rayman Origins-style platforming. Similar to how Mass Effect combined RPGs and Third Person Shooters.

Have you played Paper Mario?

#26 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

I would also love to see a bigger, more open, more fully realized Shenmue-like game without the fight sequences being turned into a Virtua Fighter mini game. Also, no quick time sequences.....ok, maybe just fewer quick time sequences. Think of it as a crossover between Shenmue and the Elder Scrolls games.

#27 Posted by McBEEF (360 posts) -

Black and white 3, with all the challenges/humour/god battles of BW1, and the city building and graphical style of BW2, with like 20 lands to beat and a sandbox/free build mode

A skyrim-esque bounty hunter game set in the star wars universe where you pick your own contracts, but still has a solid main story line/customisable character/ship

#28 Edited by mandude (2669 posts) -

Final Fantasy IX

Mount ⁊ Blade is definitely on the right track, too.

#29 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

My dream game is an open world Cyberpunk RPG. Ideally set in a sprawling futuristic city. Side missions, employee extractions, corporate espionage, sabotage, car jacking, augmentations.

Make an overarching murder-mystery main story or a rogue AI trying to take over the world or something and I'm golden.

Add in crafting, hacking, driving, a bonus.

#31 Posted by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

I have to say, you's guys' dream games are kinda mundane. Where is the craziness? The real out there shit? The stuff that can't actually be done. Where's the stuff like I want it to be exactly like sex in every way, only since it's a videogame maybe I can actually be good at it? (which may or may not be my dream game...)

These are your dream games people! Think big!

#32 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -

@TekZero said:

My dream game is an open world Cyberpunk RPG. Ideally set in a sprawling futuristic city. Side missions, employee extractions, corporate espionage, sabotage, car jacking, augmentations.

Make an overarching murder-mystery main story or a rogue AI trying to take over the world or something and I'm golden.

I'll have this, please.

#33 Posted by Adaurin (187 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Adaurin said:

Just the Gamecube one. Do the other ones have levels like the Treasure Chest chases in Rayman, because Holy Hell I love those levels.

#34 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

I want a Kinect game made by Brazzers.

#35 Posted by PenguinDust (12519 posts) -
  1. A modern day RPG with Persona-like "social links". Gimme a reason to care about the world other than "phat lewt".
  2. Bethesda-styled game design and flexibility. I want people to be able to mod the hell out of it on the PC.
  3. Voice work similar in quality to the better Bioware stuff for every cast member including the hero/heroine. 10 choices for MC voice, too (5 per sex).
#36 Edited by ProfessorEss (7376 posts) -

A perfect blend of GTA, Viva Piñata and Overlord - with a touch of SimCity.

An open-world where you have to take over zones which you then customize and grow crops on to attract minions that you use to take over more zones until the world is yours!!

#37 Posted by Hunter5024 (5686 posts) -

@Adaurin said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Adaurin said:

Just the Gamecube one. Do the other ones have levels like the Treasure Chest chases in Rayman, because Holy Hell I love those levels.

Honestly I havent played them, but from what I've seen and heard, the one on the wii may be something you'll want to check out.

#38 Edited by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@Adaurin said:

@Hunter5024 said:

@Adaurin said:

Honestly I havent played them, but from what I've seen and heard, the one on the wii may be something you'll want to check out.

Super Paper Mario (the Wii one) doesn't really have any challenging platforming. I'd barely call most of it platforming. If that's what you'd be looking for, that's not what it delivers. (I thought the game was great, but for other reasons)

#39 Posted by tourgen (4500 posts) -

LARGE "open world" sci-fi that is something like a mix of Eve Online and Mass Effect and some pieces of Starship Troopers and Aliens thrown in to spice it up a bit. Do what you want playstyle like a bethesda or ccp game. Some planetary landing and real orbital dynamics stuff. some left-field multiplayer features like Demon's Souls or DayZ - kind of a mix of co-op and pvp but avoiding the pitfalls of MMO nonsense.

#40 Posted by DyranLK (26 posts) -

Sounds silly, but I've always thought that a blend of Grand Theft Auto and The Sims mechanics would have the potential to be an ultimately brilliant game, if executed correctly.

Of course, the amount of resources and time it would take to make such a truly fine game of that nature would probably be unfathomable, so that dream game of mine is likely remaining just that: a dream game.

#41 Posted by GnomeonFire (745 posts) -

Full on 3D pokemon MMO.

#42 Posted by _Chad (962 posts) -

I've got a really easy one. Fallout 3 with CoD or Battlefield quality of shooting. Also no bugs.

#43 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1704 posts) -

A science fiction game with a focus on story and characters and only a reasonably realistic amount of combat. What I mean is, the story should dictate the gameplay, meaning adventure game style investigations, exploration, dialogue, and third person shooting combat where appropriate to the plot. The most immersion killing aspect of games for me is the reliance on combat as a gameplay crutch, resulting in astronomical body counts by the end of the game. I would want a game that is basically a cross between L.A. Noire, Mass Effect, Wing Commander, and Uncharted.

#44 Posted by TekZero (2672 posts) -

@Vade said:

@TekZero said:

I'll have this, please.

Damn straight. And, with all of the open world fantasy RPGs, I'm really surprised this hasn't been done yet. The more I think about it, the more I want it.

#45 Posted by Einherjan (588 posts) -

I think it woud be a MMO or Diablo-style co-op version of Suikoden.

#46 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

I always liked Artifical Life Simulators, ones where I could nurture my own race, or Breed an Artifical speecies. Some examples are the Creatures series, Sim Life, to a lesser extent Viva Pinata.

My dream game would be a game with the complexity of a Creatures game with the graphics of Viva Pinata, and the size of the world of Skyrim. The problem is I like the mechanics of Creatures way too much to diverge too far from them so whatever I did would just be a sequel to it.

#47 Posted by moffattron9000 (353 posts) -

A game that can present a great story while also being targeted at the notoriously hard to define "family" market, while also only working at its best narrative wise as a game narrative. While a game like Klonoa for the PS1 (which is my favorite game of all time) came very close, the story presented didn't really feel like it gained from being a video game, but the connection between klonoa and huepow conveyed purely on a mechanical level is one of the best examples of game play complementing narrative I have ever seen. Also the trials and pains of growing up as a part of the human experience that the medium rarely ever approaches, that for me at least I feel like the medium can excel at.

#48 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

a sci-fi horror game set in a post-apocalyptic wild west.

#49 Edited by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -
@Socialone said:

My dream game really isn't too much to ask for, and I can't believe nobody got it done by now. Just give me Morrowind in Peter Jackson's Middle Earth. That's all.

Not Morrowind, but this is attempting to exist. 

My own dream game? A Bethesda developed Codex Alera open world RPG would be pretty awesome.