#1 Edited by Verendus (348 posts) -

I have 2 that top everything else. 1) Party chat, lack of this on PS3 was my biggest grief on PS3 compared to X360. 2) Recording, seeing as I've played over 600 hours of BF3, I've had moments where I have wished I could've saved that sweet kill or odd happening so I could show it to my friends.

Honorable mention goes to DS4 considering DS3 was way inferior to X360 controller this gen. And it wasn't because of stick placement.

Edit: Fine, be boring and aswer "New games and more power". :p

#2 Edited by TobbRobb (4602 posts) -

I like that they can play games that require more power than the previous generation.

#3 Posted by A_E_Martin (190 posts) -

Games. Otherwise, what the hell's the point?

#4 Posted by kishinfoulux (2282 posts) -

Honestly...nothing really. Since I moved to PC the new consoles just seem really underwhelming to me. Especially since we're still gonna see stuff that isn't even 1080p/60FPS. Streaming is a big focus, but that's not for me. Not really excited for the launches TBQH.

#5 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Memory. Processing Power. The increase of the lowest common denominator by a factor of 10+. The games that will be, because of this.

#6 Posted by audioBusting (1506 posts) -

The texture on the Dual Shock 4 looks really nice. Better controllers is good because I'll use it for PC gaming too.

#7 Edited by egg (1455 posts) -

Share button / recording is actually gonna be huge I think

#8 Edited by Pezen (1594 posts) -

At this point, I hardly feel like I know what the features will be. I haven't held any of the controllers and most of the other things feel like hypothetical goals at best.

So.. I like that the Xbox One looks like an old VHS player and Playstation 4 looks like a futuristic Playstation 2.

#9 Edited by ShaggE (6420 posts) -

I'll be honest: I'm kinda into what the new Kinect can hypothetically do. It definitely gave me pause before deciding to go with the PS4. But really, that thing could be the most powerful camera on Earth and still not have any great games that make good use of it.

#10 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (384 posts) -

I'm really excited to see what the new Kinect entails. With it in every box(at least for now), developers will hopefully be less hesitant about using it and we could see some pretty interesting implementations.

#11 Posted by ProfessorEss (7323 posts) -

Kinect is the only thing that currently interests me about the new consoles.

Everything else that interests me about these new consoles is already being done on the PC I already have.

#12 Edited by Nodima (1164 posts) -

Just the power. I'm a Mac guy and always will be, so the allure of greater processing and fidelity is always the thing for me.

Also, I really want to see what the PS4's UI is like. Unlike most I love the UMB, and while I'm a regular sized guy I must have small hands 'cause the Dual Shock 3 was a perfect controller IMO, so I'm curious to see how their "changes for the better" affect my experience with the system.

But, my favorite feature so far? Sharing, probably. I don't game often but when I do there's a lot of things I'd like to point out to people: cheesy fuckers in NBA 2K online, crazy GTA moments, etc.

#13 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

(Hopefully) More exclusives on the Xbox end this time around, a better controller on the Playstation end, multitasking on both consoles and recording. I also want to believe in what Microsoft (and Sony?) are trying to do with Kinect and PS Eye because it offers some pretty cool ideas.

#14 Edited by believer258 (11795 posts) -

I'm excited to see what devs do with the leap in power that we're getting, other than graphics. I had a feeble hope that 60FPS would become a standard but that isn't going to happen.

#15 Edited by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

Steam Box, does that count?

If no, then PS4.

#16 Posted by BeachThunder (11834 posts) -

The prospect of improved PC versions of games.

#17 Posted by Kidavenger (3531 posts) -

Just the new possible games, I don't play multiplayer so most of the sharing/chatting/network stuff while interesting really won't impact me.

#18 Posted by JoeyRavn (4967 posts) -

Honestly...nothing really. Since I moved to PC the new consoles just seem really underwhelming to me. Especially since we're still gonna see stuff that isn't even 1080p/60FPS. Streaming is a big focus, but that's not for me. Not really excited for the launches TBQH.

You can watch TV on the Xbox One. Check and mate, mate.

In all seriousness, once you go PC, you don't go back.

#19 Posted by oldenglishC (945 posts) -

The exciting ways developers are going to implement the second screen in the middle of the game pad.

#20 Posted by lightsoda (540 posts) -

New games and IP's

#21 Edited by joshwent (2172 posts) -

The prospect of improved PC versions of games.

Yep. The closer consoles get to being PCs, the better the PC ports (which I will be playing) will be.

#22 Posted by earlygrab666 (42 posts) -

My favorite feature is all of them. Yup, every feature I've heard about gives me more reason to not want one. The more useless features they create, the better I feel about not upgrading.

#23 Edited by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

If the recording feature is even a tad too complex or takes a tad too long then it will die faster than a child's excitement after getting a kinect. Hope that thing is as quick and as simple as they make it out to be in the promotional materials.

Besides games (obvious answer) the recording thing could allow for some great guides. Having a WiiU and being able to look up info on a game section in an instant is awesome. There's so much more that can be done with that in the future.

#24 Edited by billymagnum (799 posts) -

favorite feature? nothing makes me want to buy one. i like that feature.

#25 Posted by Krataur (357 posts) -

The new Xbox One controller that I'll use on my PC. I'm not buying any of the consoles for a while.

#26 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (533 posts) -

I'm hoping that the increase in processing power will result in better AI.

#27 Posted by hermes (1415 posts) -
  • Video recording
  • Headphones on my controller
  • Chance of better online services

If those features sound too irrelevant, its because they are. At this point, the new features are not that impressive, and the next generation consoles look a lot like the current generation with the promise of better games and more power.

#28 Edited by RonGalaxy (3111 posts) -

Just the prospect of better everything. People on this site think consoles are dead and PC is king, but consoles breath life and innovation into the industry, more so than people think. Having multiple options make developers and publishers do better work (except for ea nowadays).

#29 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Nothing at all. That's why I'm getting a new PC instead.

#30 Posted by Levio (1784 posts) -

Right now, it's the controllers. They seem legitimately improved.

#31 Posted by shinjin977 (755 posts) -

ease of development/port probably and gddr5 rams.

#32 Posted by Mezmero (1870 posts) -

Definitely the built in flesh light. Those will probably cause more red rings than the previous generation.

#33 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2689 posts) -

I'm always interesting in what they allow you to do to personalize your system. Themes, avatars, color schemes, etc. Weirdly, all the really cool stuff in that regard will be showing up later on both systems.

You can't judge most devices on their interface at launch, its always the small evolution based on user experience that come to define systems.

The dashboards we will have in a month, on both systems, won't be the same dashboards we see in 2016/17 on either. The evolution of the systems is what interests me.

#34 Posted by MonetaryDread (2015 posts) -

The fact that developers will not be hamstrung by the limitations of previous-gen hardware. This will lead to better PC games. I am also looking forward to using the newly refined controllers on my PC.

#35 Posted by jgf (383 posts) -

Great controllers and overall more powerful and snappier system.

#36 Posted by jasbir (107 posts) -

Games and the controller.