• 113 results
#1 Edited by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

I think without question and without contest SSX is my favorite. It's actually the most actual pure fun I've had in a game in a long time. Second place would go to Street Fighter X Tekken. Say what you want about DLC drama, the actual game is pretty damn good.

#2 Posted by Chris_Woods (41 posts) -

Asura's Wrath, of all things. I agree with people who claim it only barely qualifies as a game, and I can understand people feeling 60 is too much for what you get, but I think it's amazing.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (34613 posts) -

Katawa Shoujo, because I'm not done with Persona 4, yet. Also, Katawa Shoujo is pretty goddamn awesome.

#4 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9758 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. Disregard that I haven't played any other games, and that I hate the ending.

Also, we're nowhere near halfway into 2012.

#5 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -
@Chris_Woods said:

Asura's Wrath, of all things. I agree with people who claim it only barely qualifies as a game, and I can understand people feeling 60 is too much for what you get, but I think it's amazing.

I really want to play that but damn it's still 60 bucks.
#6 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

Mass Effect 3. Disregard that I haven't played any other games, and that I hate the ending.

close enough april is over in another week
#7 Posted by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -

My favorite game so far in the first third of 2012 is probably Tales of Graces F. Mass Effect 3 comes in a close second mainly because of the multiplayer.

#8 Posted by zDarkHerald (67 posts) -

I didn't realise it was June, but so far its probably Mass Effect 3 followed closely by Journey.

#9 Posted by gkhan (360 posts) -

ME3 and Journey, right now. I wasn't especially fond of the ending of Mass Effect, but the amount of vitriol that has been spewed against it is totally out of proportion to the actual game. It's a goddamn great game, is what it is.

#10 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9758 posts) -

@bighat_logan said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

We still have May and June to go through.

#11 Posted by LastNinja (280 posts) -

Haven't played that many games recently but i'd have to say Journey and Deus Ex Human Revolution

#12 Posted by gkhan (360 posts) -

@bighat_logan said:

@Chris_Woods said:

I know! I'm itching to play it as well, but I'm gonna wait a few months.

#13 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

@bighat_logan said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

sorry for the dumb title then 
#14 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9758 posts) -

@bighat_logan said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@bighat_logan said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

sorry for the dumb title then

NO YOU'RE NOT, DON'T LIE!!!!

Nah, I'm just kidding.

#15 Posted by spankingaddict (2646 posts) -

FEZ . Easily...

#16 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan: no you're right I'm not sorry. Also did April fly by for anyone else?
#17 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (4852 posts) -

@gkhan said:

ME3, right now. I wasn't especially fond of the ending of Mass Effect, but the amount of vitriol that has been spewed against it is totally out of proportion to the actual game. It's a goddamn great game, is what it is.

#18 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9758 posts) -

@bighat_logan: It did for me. I didn't realize we were so far into it (or the year as a whole, really).

#19 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

Binary Domain! I can't see any other game topping it either

#20 Posted by wjb (1553 posts) -

Still haven't played Mass Effect 3 or Journey yet, but probably SSX or Syndicate.

#21 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Mass effect 3 but its the only 2012 release i have played> still want to play binary domain and asura's wrath

#22 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3479 posts) -
#23 Posted by 1337W422102 (996 posts) -

If Xenoblade Chronicles counts, then Xenoblade Chronicles.

#24 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Journey followed closely by ME3 and SSX.

#25 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

Arkham City is my favorite game I've played this year, even though it came out last year. Mass Effect 3 is my favorite of the 2012 releases so far

#26 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -

Tribes Ascend is the most fun I've had in years.

#27 Posted by OldGuy (1431 posts) -

I keep wanting to make the "Time to put on your Santa hats!" thread about now to beat the rush...

#28 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

Skullgirls. Extremely impressed with it.

#29 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

Journey.

#30 Posted by Vorbis (2748 posts) -

Binary Domain.

13-2 and ME3 trailing behind even though both were great.

#31 Posted by lead_farmer (1038 posts) -

I really enjoyed Syndicate and Journey, but the newest Lumines just scratches that itch.

#32 Posted by Nux (2210 posts) -

I said this once and I'll say it again, Devil Survivor 2.

#33 Posted by marty_k (17 posts) -

The Witcher 2 ?:D

#34 Posted by pweidman (2215 posts) -

ME3 easily, but I really enjoyed my time w/KoA:Reckoning also so far in 2012.

Although The Witcher 2 on 360 may have something to say about that , before D3, Max Payne 3, and Ghost Recon:FS drop in May. ;)

#35 Posted by Solh0und (1680 posts) -

@bighat_logan said:

@Chris_Woods said:

I too want to play Asura's Wrath but my Blockbuster isn't carrying it :(

Syndicate has been my favorite so far. This is coming from a guy that had 0 expectation from it. SFxT is runner up despite the controversy surrounding it

#36 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. I don't think I've really played anything else though. I just started Fez. I guess I'll see how that goes.

#37 Posted by UitDeToekomst (661 posts) -

KoA: Reckoning and ME3. I'm only about 5 hours into Witcher 2, but if it stays on course it will definitely be up there, too.

#38 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

I'd say Amalur, granted, it's the only one I've played so far.

#39 Edited by Vonocourt (2107 posts) -

I'd probably say Asura's Wrath so far. Most of the other big releases I've played this year have been kind of awesome(or at least time consuming) when I first started playing, but soon fell by the wayside and my opinion of them dropped. Talking about Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur here.

Journey was pretty great too.

#40 Posted by SamFo (1511 posts) -

Dear Esther

8)

#41 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

I'm surprised to see a lot of KOA. I thought that game was terrible.

#42 Posted by NathHaw (2748 posts) -

Grimrock

#43 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

I'm about 4 hours into ME3, so I won't say this is my definite answer, but it has to be Journey.

Also, we're only a third through the year, not halfway just yet.

#44 Edited by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

I really haven't played any game that has really stuck with me yet this year. I really got into The Binding of Isaac a while back, but that's from last year.

Looking at what's coming up I could see Kingdom Hearts 3DS or the new DMC capturing my attention though.

Or maybe I should just start playing SSX already.

Edit: Oh right...Grimrock, I've played that, yeah...that game is pretty cool.

#45 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2994 posts) -

I just realized that I haven't played any games that have come out this year.

#46 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1543 posts) -

After getting Xenoblade working on Dolphin, I'm having a surprisingly good time playing it. It's been a while since I could say that about a JRPG.

#47 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (327 posts) -

I haven't played that many games so far this year but I would go with Mass Effect 3.

#48 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

We're only 4 months in, I'll let you know at the end of June.

#49 Posted by beckley205 (310 posts) -

ME3. Mostly because it's the only game iv'e got so far and partly because I still haven't finished it yet.

#50 Posted by Pobearo (108 posts) -

Tribes: Ascend. And it's FREE