• 75 results
#1 Posted by K0rN (683 posts) -
#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

I guess IV.  It's the only one I've actually played.

#3 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

It's a... nice day for a... Vice City! It's a... nice day to... START AGAAAAIIINNNNNNNN.

#4 Posted by Bones8677 (3263 posts) -

San Andreas, for me is my favorite GTA game. But GTA 3 will always be more memorable to gaming as a whole.

#5 Posted by Bouke (1402 posts) -

The only one i didn't play is Vice City, but from the other games i prefer GTA4. Probably because its the latest in the franchise and most the most visual impressive game...
#6 Posted by Akeldama (4253 posts) -

I have the strongest connection with Vice City.

#7 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

I think you left off GTA I and II.

#8 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

San Andreas, all the way. It's the easiest one to role-play.

#9 Posted by Three0neFive (2297 posts) -
@PureRok said:
" I think you left off GTA I and II. "
I think he meant "What is your favorite 3D GTA", since Vice City and San Andreas were definitely not main GTA games.
#10 Posted by K0rN (683 posts) -
@PureRok said:
"I think you left off GTA I and II. "

No one gives a damn about I and II.
#11 Posted by Frederik (377 posts) -
@K0rN said:
" @PureRok said:
No one gives a damn about I and II. "
I do! 1 is my favorite. So many wonderful hours spend making a traffic jam and start an explosion chain reaction 
#12 Posted by Yummylee (22056 posts) -

Vice City, although its a tough decision now when adding in the GTA4 DLC as apart of the GTA4 game. Thats certaintly 2nd at least, when without the DLC it would of been San Andreas for me.
#13 Posted by alexl86 (627 posts) -

GTA IV is my favorite. After that, I'd say Vice City.

#14 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -
@Frederik said:
" @K0rN said:
" @PureRok said:
No one gives a damn about I and II. "
I do! 1 is my favorite. So many wonderful hours spend making a traffic jam and start an explosion chain reaction  "
Plus running over a line of Elvises. Awesome stuff.

I would say San Andreas in this case though Vice City was almost as fun to me.
#15 Posted by dutch42 (533 posts) -

I loved all of them but the first thing that came to mind was vice city.
#16 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

III

#17 Posted by DaemonicGrim (184 posts) -

vice city has a special place in my heart....
I think it was 99 Red Balloons that sold me... does that make me a bad person?

#18 Posted by Captain_Insano (1547 posts) -

I am surprised by the VC love. I liked it but it was kind of off putting for me and didn't seem quite right.

III for me. I really really like IV but III just set the bar so high. Plus the talkback radio in III is the best of all the series. Lazlow needs to keep hosting the talkback show. Killer Bees...

#19 Posted by ArrenDusk (84 posts) -

San Andreas, added so much stuff, huge gameworld, still enjoy it a lot. So that's my pick. Followed by Vice City, awesome atmosphere and soundtrack there, but Tommy couldn't swim.

#20 Posted by Daryl (1781 posts) -

GTA IV as you can actually finish it without tearing your hair out.

#21 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -

I guess 4 would have to be considered the best, but the 80's vibe of Vice City was pretty slick too. I will never forget chasing a guy down the street with a chainsaw, and he yells out "He's got a blade!"

#22 Posted by Tabarnaco (134 posts) -

I and II.

#23 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I thought san andreas was good.

#24 Posted by crystalskull2 (437 posts) -

San andreas all the way.

#25 Posted by triple07 (1198 posts) -

I would say San Andreas but I really didn't like GTA IV that much. It really let me down personally.

#26 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

GTA IV, although it has many flaws. I love Vice City on an equal measure, but the lack of sympathetic characters never helped. GTA III was bland at points and San Andreas got too over the top with your work for Mike Toreno for me to accept it.

#27 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -
#28 Posted by Von (328 posts) -

I actually think Chinatown Wars is the best... but then again, I got a penchant for 2.5D games.

#29 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

san andreas, flying the harrier over the vegas-ripoff city while listening to free bird.

#30 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Vice City strikes a perfect chord with map, atmosphere/tone, and story.

The map is large enough that it has great diversity, but is so memorable you know exactly where you are at all times.

It was grand, though darkly (and often just out-and-out) funny. To me, its the best reflection of the GTA franchise, before it became a little too wrapped up in itself.

#31 Posted by Jaytow (703 posts) -

Vice city, IV was a huge letdown.

#32 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

San Andreas because it is the least shitty of them all

#33 Posted by armaan8014 (5416 posts) -
@Akeldama said:
" I have the strongest connection with Vice City. "
me too. loved it
#34 Edited by BraveFart (298 posts) -

GTA IV

after some time playing it you can get so tired of it but when some time has passed you long back to Liberty City !

#35 Posted by Pkshields (810 posts) -

I have a strange affinity to III, Love the old Liberty City.

#36 Posted by Vermy81 (57 posts) -

I think the gameplay is slightly better in IV but  Vice city had so much style and charm to it that it easily is my favorite.  

#37 Posted by Blu_Magic (2021 posts) -

GTA Vice City for me.

#38 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

Definitely San Andreas. So much to do, so much to see, so much fun to be had.

#39 Edited by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

It still really pisses me off how little chance some people give gta4 - there's so much awesomeness in that game and the expansions but you have to use your brain at times to see and do things and that turns alot of new age gamers off I guess.

Someone in the thread mentioned setting off a chain reactions of explosives in GTA1 - why don't you try it in GTA4 and come back and tell me of the awesomeness you encountered.

#40 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2495 posts) -

GTA III,Vice city very close behind.

#41 Posted by Bombs_Away (1010 posts) -

GTA IV for me...I fell in love when I saw Liberty City then. It was just a little too big though, especially by the time I was playing Lost and The Damned. Riding a motorbike for 20mins then doing a mission for 5mins wasn't the most exciting thing ever.

#42 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I have to say Vice City, because it is so well executed. It has somewhat of a good plot, but the whole 80's atmosphere really comes out and makes the game shine. Did I also mention it has the Flock of Seagulls I Ran.

#43 Posted by AjayRaz (12441 posts) -

vice city. nothing compares

#44 Posted by Dirty_Harry (717 posts) -

Vice City

#45 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

GTA IV just because there are good physics with cars and pedestrians.  In SA after so many hours when all that's left to do is smash stuff, I prefer GTA IV.  I didn't like the super serious gangster story of GTA IV though.

#46 Posted by virtorio (250 posts) -

GTA III was the only one I completed.  I remember being totally amazed by it in every way at the time.

Increasingly less so with the other ones.  I (by far) had the least amount of fun with GTA IV.

#47 Posted by ysselzor (75 posts) -

i think gta 2 and San Andreas are the best ones

#48 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

Vice City for sure. Mainly because the soundtrack, i think a lot of people may agree. And also it had the funniest radio dj's and ads.

#49 Posted by DystopiaX (5335 posts) -

actually, IV. Despite fans of the series saying that San andreas/Vice City was better, I think that the focused storyline was better than the shit ton of stuff to do, as well as the ridiculously long stories that just dragged out too long. I also think that IV had the best feel- the cars, the radios, the way the environments felt made Liberty City more convincing than any of the previous settings in the games.

#50 Posted by MythDarK (552 posts) -
@K0rN: 
Main GTA? What do you mean by "main"? Are you referring to mainstream? Do you even know which GTA-game your "main" ones are based on? 
Some gamers these days, I tell ya. 

My favorite 3D/new-generation Grand Theft Auto game is the one that takes place in the beautiful and wild Vice City.