What is your favorite video game series?

• 56 results
ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ohbabes said:

I can't see the poll (if there is one)...

It's a revived thread is why, the original post was 4 years ago, sometimes if it's from that far back the polls or images or what not are borked.

Anyways, to answer the question the Silent Hill series is very high up to me. I might not go back to them as often as other games/series due to their story driven nature/horror driven nature. They had a huge impact on me as far as 'woah, games have good stories? Whaaaaat?!' and helped catapult me into my love of horror.

I hope Konami goes bankrupt and sells the rights off the rights to someone else at some point, or just gets their shit together.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Uncharted, they are all pretty good, even Golden Abyss for PS Vita is pretty okay. Close seconds would be Namco's Ridge Racer and Ace Combat

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Senran Kagura.

alianger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 25

#56  Edited By alianger

2nd Gen - Boulder Dash, Ultima

3rd Gen - Super Mario Bros., Wonder Boy/Monster World, Fantasy Zone, Mega Man, Bomberman, Aleste, Shinobi (console), TMNT (Konami), The Legend of Zelda

4th Gen - Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Thunder Force, Spriggan, Sonic, ​SimCity, Rocket Knight, Shining Force, Mystical Ninja, of Illusion/Mickey Mouse (Sega), Warsong/Langrisser, Micro Machines, Donkey Kong Country, MMX, Street Fighter, Streets of Rage

5th Gen - Cotton, Darius, Warcraft, Starcraft, Heroes of Might & Magic, System Shock, Command & Conquer, Final Fantasy, Panzer Dragoon, Gran Turismo, D&D (Capcom), Tekken, Quake, Suikoden, Ace Combat, Caesar, Tony Hawk,

6th Gen - Fallout, Age of Empires, Unreal Tournament, Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Keeper, Tribes, Soul Calibur, Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces, ​Igavania-style CVs, Resident Evil, Paper Mario, Ratchet & Clank

7th Gen - Dawn of War, Sonic & All-Stars Racing, Mario Galaxy, Darksiders, Portal, Batman: Arkham, Dead Space

8th Gen - Ori, Guacamelee!, Wonder Boy/Monster Boy

Edens_Heel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If I had to pick just one, gun to my head? Metroid, no contest. Two entries considered among the greatest games of all time (Super and Prime 1), a few others that are best in class as 2D platformers go (Dread, Fusion, Zero Mission), and only one genuine dud of the lot (Other M). It might be the most easily forgotten of Nintendo's Big Three, alongside Mario and Zelda, but it's the most consistent in terms of sheer quality.