• 0 results
#1 Posted by HonoredSamurai (106 posts) -

BFG? Farsight? Katana? name thy tool of slaying and what FPS in which we may find it.

#2 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Any rifle or sub-machine gun from Killzone 2. They feel so heavy when firing them. Also, the sound work on the weapons, in particular the assault rifles are great!

#3 Edited by rathantoras (192 posts) -

The nano disintegrater gun from red faction: guerilla.
Edit: My bad, i forgot it was FPS.. I'd say grav gun then.

#4 Posted by Murdouken (707 posts) -

I'm a big fan of the Redeemer from Unreal Tournament 3. The redeemer was in the other games but the way it unfolds and looks so threatening in Unreal Tournament 3 is just great.

#5 Posted by Capum15 (4576 posts) -

Pretty much any (preferably Heavy) Sniper rifle. The 99C-S2 AM from Halo, Rail Driver from RF:G or the Intervention/M82 from MW2 if you wanna get specific.

Secondly would be any G36 variant (LMG, AR, etc) or the PPSh-41. Also the Nano Rifle from RF:G.

If you just wanna generalize, Snipers then Machine guns (followed by ARs with under barrel grenade launcher when applicable) would be my favorites.

Though the "Game Ender" weapons are great too (Redeemer, Fat Man MIRV).

#6 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

The assault rifle from Goldeneye, the one you get in the Jungle level. It makes a brilliant noise, and feels great to shoot.
#7 Posted by Izaak (248 posts) -

The monkey gun in Timesplitters 3  or the tesla cannon in Fallout 3. 

#8 Posted by harinosho (588 posts) -

SHOTGUN. its good in any game that requires shooting something in close range

#9 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

any hangun or shotgun from and FPS any where.  CQC is my middle name.

#10 Posted by SoFuLL (67 posts) -

Gravity Gun, What else?

#11 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -
@SoFuLL said:
" Gravity Gun, What else? "
So true, especially the "super-pumped" version you get later in the game!
#12 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1221 posts) -

The Pulse Rifle from half-Life 2.

#13 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

a good winchester-type rifle, god am i excited for red dead redemption. 

double pistols are always great too.

#14 Posted by ThePencil (390 posts) -

Shotgun. No matter what form it takes, always the shotgun.

#15 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Portal gun.

#16 Posted by Yummylee (20628 posts) -

The healing weapon the medics had in Resistance 2's coop!...A fuckin beauty.
#17 Edited by dylanderoo (155 posts) -

i don't what the games name is.. but very bloody and highly disturbing. BUT! you could shoot kittys out of an shotgun and an m16, so that was awesome. 

edit; i think it was postal 2 or something

#18 Posted by ThePencil (390 posts) -
@dylanderoo said:
" i don't what the games name is.. but very bloody and highly disturbing. BUT! you could shoot kittys out of an shotgun and an m16, so that was awesome "
T'was a gun(s?) from Postal If'n I remember. Although the pee action was highly entertaining too.
#19 Posted by xyzygy (9641 posts) -

Probably the Combine Pulse Rifle, Half Life 2. The noise that that thing makes is orgasmic, it sounds so powerful. Plus, have you seen how that thing reloads? So cool.

#20 Posted by dylanderoo (155 posts) -
@ThePencil said:
" @dylanderoo said:
" i don't what the games name is.. but very bloody and highly disturbing. BUT! you could shoot kittys out of an shotgun and an m16, so that was awesome "
T'was a gun(s?) from Postal If'n I remember. Although the pee action was highly entertaining too. "
indeed, just hitting em with the shovel.. and pee on em, good times.. good times..
#21 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -

I'm with the shotgunners here. In almost any form, shotty is king. And my secondary will be dual handguns, or a single handcannon. 

But when I try to think of standout weapons in FPSs I've played, the only thing that comes to mind is ...  

Troll with Katana
#22 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2442 posts) -

The Shrink Cannon from Duke Nukem 3D and the shotgun from the original Half-Life, still my favorite shotgun.

#23 Posted by MikkaQ (10228 posts) -

BFG-9000. The original room clearer, and the only true answer.  

But in all seriousness, in general, I love me a good shotgun. Halo's shotgun was pretty decent, don't like COD's or GOW's shotguns though. Borderlands had some awesome ones, and Counter Strike as well.

#24 Posted by Corpsegrinder (78 posts) -

The gun in Painkiller that shoots wooden steaks and pins enemies to walls. That gun was fucking awesome.

#25 Posted by MXC361 (137 posts) -

The Farsight in Perfect Dark, easily the cheapest and most n00bly weapon ever created!!
#26 Posted by MXC361 (137 posts) -

Or the Dark Burst from Metroid Prime 2, it's always fun to send enemies to another dimension!
#27 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3479 posts) -
@JustinSane311 said:
" GRAVITY GUN!! Seriously that gun is sick.   "
This is correct !!!!
#28 Posted by cmo7 (14 posts) -

All time favorite: Shotgun.

#29 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

Carbine from Halo 3. Better than the Battle Rifle if you use it right.

#30 Edited by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -
Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament immediately comes to mind.  I'm not a very good shot but with this gun, you don't have to be.  Unlike most shotguns in games, it has a pretty high rate of fire, too.  It had nice secondary fire which was basically a flak-grenade.  And, the Flak Cannon's shrapnel ricocheted off walls for more damage. 
#31 Posted by Romination (2768 posts) -

the Chain Gun from Red Faction 2 that had an x-ray scope and could shoot through walls. Ungodly things could be done and you felt like the best bastard in the world. Also, the Antipersonnel Gun in Team Deathmatch with team kills off. You could coat someone in it, send them in as a suicide bomb and when the little explosives go off, you laugh because they didn't die

#32 Posted by RobJ (398 posts) -

The "Shrink Ray" In Duke Nukem 3D. Nothing like reducing a creature to the size of your foot and then stomping on him!

#33 Posted by Supersoulman (27 posts) -

The BR from Halo 3.  That baby is devastating in the right hands.

#34 Posted by xMP44x (2189 posts) -

I guess I would have to say the STG. 44 from World at War, which is also the MP44 in previous Call of Duty games. And yes, that is how I got my username both on this site and on many other sites. But at the same time, I love guns with really high fire rates in my games, as well as old weapons. For example, I really like the F2000 in Modern Warfare 2 just for the fire rate and the looks. I also like using it in Bad Company 2 for much the same reason - it looks cool and it fires quickly. So I guess this is how my preference works: 

1. 'Classic' weaponry (World War II era) 
  2. Weapons with high rates of fire 
  3. Weapons that sound or look cool

I wonder... does this make me a shallow person?
#35 Posted by bobthecannibal (59 posts) -

The crossbow from Half-Life 1 & 2.

#36 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

The shotty. I'm more of a "run up and blast the guy's nuts off" kind of guy in FPS's

#37 Posted by Meltac (1901 posts) -

That gun from F.E.A.R. that shoots needles, or something like that. Nothing better than pinning an enemy to the wall by his head.

#38 Posted by Subject2Change (2965 posts) -

Quake 3 Arena's (or QuakeLIVE) Rocket Launcher is my favorite gun of all time followed closely by the Deagle from Counter-Strike.

#39 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

The FN-FAL from Wasteland HL, a mod I guarantee nobody here has played.

#40 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -
The Railgun. 
#41 Posted by radiocip (73 posts) -

Altered grav gun from HL2 
Katana from L4D2

#42 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -

M82A1A sniper rifle from the SOCOM games.

#43 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -

Glock.
BOPBOPBOPBOP

#44 Posted by groin (822 posts) -

Doom 2 double barrel shotgun

#45 Posted by radiocip (73 posts) -
#46 Posted by Gabriel (4050 posts) -

Davy Crockett or Fat Man

#47 Posted by kingkorn69 (321 posts) -

Shotgun in Fear 1

#48 Posted by FirePrince (1762 posts) -

The guns in Far Cry 2 are all so great!They sound and look phenomenal. 
Also,RF:G's armaments,and UT3 had some great Sci-Fi weapons.

#49 Posted by SefaRed (114 posts) -

I loved the Railway Rifle from Fallout 3. It was my favourite and it always made me happy when I came across a nice bundle of railway spikes. Plus how many guns go "Choo Choo!" after you fire them?
#50 Posted by Patters666 (12 posts) -

Cerebral Bore of Turok 2. Guess what it does...