• 95 results
#1 Posted by Dixego (389 posts) -

Simple question, really: What is your favorite weapon in videogames and why.

Mine would be of course the magnificent Sparda from Devil May Cry, because it's rockin' and it has an eye on it.

#2 Posted by NathHaw (2803 posts) -

Chie's feet, because they belong to Chie.

#3 Posted by Akeldama (4257 posts) -

Asura

#4 Posted by believer258 (12206 posts) -

A big fucking shotgun.

Too bad most shotguns in games opt for the "in your face" approach. Why do I have to get within two feet of something to even halfway damage it with my boomstick? And even then they always feel so weak these days. They sound better, sure, but that makes no difference when you're at point-blank range and four shells later the ugly motherfucker you were shooting is still standing.

I understand that shotguns aren't long range weapons but you shouldn't have to be right next to your opponent to kill them. It feels really, really bad.

#5 Posted by s10129107 (1213 posts) -

Shotgun

#6 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Shotgun, unless it's Deus Ex when it's the piff-piff tranq gun or crackle-me-doooo stun gun which is like a future joy-buzzer.

#7 Posted by Hunter5024 (5973 posts) -

The hidden blades from Assassins Creed. Sometimes after I've been playing an entry in the series, when I press my palm against something I cant help but imagine the blade shooting out of my wrist into it... Just a cool weapon design.

#8 Posted by zombie2011 (5050 posts) -

The Needler.

It's pink, shoots a bunch of crystals that explode, and it sounds awesome.

#9 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

Flamethrowers usually, great crowd control and general pain giver. Gravity gun if we're being a bit broader.

#10 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1203 posts) -
#11 Posted by SmilingPig (1341 posts) -
#12 Posted by Dixego (389 posts) -

@SmilingPig: I don't even

#13 Edited by Hyperglide (152 posts) -

"The Pen is mightier then the sword." Whoever said that didn't have a 300 lb. Buster sword from Final Fantasy VII.

So many great's like Megamans Mega Buster, Samus' Arm Cannon, the aformentioned Buster sword, a slew of great weapons from Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem.

My fave has always been a high powered sniper rifle. Nothing like making heads go poppin' like Orville Redenbachers secret recipe. Barret .50 Cal specifically. Although headshots in GoW and Halo are equally impressive.

Runner up goes to Maulers in Perfect Dark. I just love the way they sound and charge up for more devastation.

Dem Maulers. Me gusta.

#14 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1148 posts) -
#15 Edited by L44 (575 posts) -

The shotgun from Bulletstorm. But I feel like there was a gun I really liked in Destroy All Humans 2. I think it was called the Armaggedon gun?

#16 Posted by Jeust (10860 posts) -

Ryu Hayabusa's Dragon Sword

#17 Posted by ddensel (388 posts) -

Doom 2 Double barreled shotgun. Very satisfying BOOOM! click-clack-click

#18 Posted by SockemJetpack (412 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

Cerebral Bore

This. The game was forgettable... but that weapon... classic.

#19 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -
#20 Posted by MrMiyagi (929 posts) -

Crowbar, dude.

#21 Posted by me3639 (1853 posts) -

Over the last half dozen or so games i would say the Flail gun from Bulletstorm.

#22 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6400 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

Cerebral Bore

Damn. Beat me to it. I'll also add the sheep from the Worms series.

#23 Posted by Hyperglide (152 posts) -

Woot I'm glad others besides myself like the awesome guns in Bulletstorm. Criminally underrated game.

#24 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

Torque Bow from Gears of War

Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2

Flak Cannon from Unreal

Kitetsu from Ninja Gaiden Black.

Chrysamere or a self-enchanted Daedric Dai-Katana from Morrowind.

#25 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@believer258 said:

A big fucking shotgun.

Too bad most shotguns in games opt for the "in your face" approach. Why do I have to get within two feet of something to even halfway damage it with my boomstick? And even then they always feel so weak these days. They sound better, sure, but that makes no difference when you're at point-blank range and four shells later the ugly motherfucker you were shooting is still standing.

I understand that shotguns aren't long range weapons but you shouldn't have to be right next to your opponent to kill them. It feels really, really bad.

Actually with the right rounds you can make a shotgun into an oversized rifle if you want. Fallout New Vegas was super awesome by doing this, you could legitimately make a long range shot gun sniper rifle if you wanted... Battlefield bad company 2 is INSANE on terms of how overpowered it was, as long as you have a strait shot at someone, it is more accurate than a sniper rifle!

One weapon combo I love so very much is a red dotted sight on a 50 caliber rifle in BFBC2, I got three kills in a single shot due to how many people the shot went through at a 39 meter distance... yes... I measured how far a killshot was.

#26 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

@ddensel said:

Hell yeah, it's the standard for which I judge all video game shotguns.

#27 Posted by falconpunch (179 posts) -

the dragon stone from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, because it turns a little kid into huge fucking dragon

#28 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Rebellion in DMC3 probably. Really, really love all of the guns in BF:BC2 and BF3 though.

#29 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@xobballox said:

Rebellion in DMC3 probably. Really, really love all of the guns in BF:BC2 and BF3 though.

Ever use a red dot on a 50 Caliber sniper rifle? As long as you have magnum ammo on you can kill anything from 30 to 39 meters away in a single hit!

#30 Posted by LiquidPrince (16181 posts) -

Off the top of my head? Agni and Rudra.

#31 Posted by ShaggE (6716 posts) -

The Dog Mode charge bark in Rise of the Triad.

What a bizarre, wonderful game that is.

#32 Posted by aquamarin (555 posts) -

I used to like dual wielding the submachine gun CMP150 (or Dual Compizos as we would say) in Perfect Dark on the N64. The sound was just some G.I. Joe-like craziness. 3:38 in this guy's video

#33 Posted by GunstarRed (5478 posts) -
#34 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@LiquidPrince said:

Off the top of my head? Agni and Rudra.

Agni and Rudra look so fucking cool when you're using them but I've always preferred Rebellion since I'm better at using it. Good choice, though.

#35 Posted by Inquisitor_Sif (60 posts) -

Crysis suit for me. I know that it doesn't really classified as a weapon. However, it turn you into super-solider (or walking-dead-zombie). So I would choose the suit over the weapons.

#36 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

The AWP from Counterstrike for sure, as well as the Desert Eagle and AK (I'm a stereotype, sue me).

The Flak Cannon from UT

The pistol from Deus Ex

The Holy Bolter and Chainsword from any 40k game.

Kraken's Kiss, a bastard sword I made in Neverwinter Nights and which features in my upcoming novel

#37 Posted by Seedofpower (3949 posts) -

Two Handed Swords or Tanks.

#38 Posted by big_jon (5788 posts) -

Tank. I win.

#39 Posted by Arker101 (1472 posts) -

A Gauss Rifle from Halo of Fallout is always fun. Otherwise I'd go with a shotty.

Somebody get on a Gauss Shotgun

#40 Posted by MeierTheRed (4941 posts) -

A Mech is a weapon right? so any will do in this case.

#41 Posted by Animasta (14727 posts) -

the anti materiel rifle from Fallout: New Vegas

#42 Posted by SexualBubblegumX (542 posts) -

Sledgehammers :D Smashing stuff is always fun.

#43 Posted by Sackmanjones (4761 posts) -

Dukes foot

#44 Posted by Eviternal (197 posts) -

The protagonist's brain. If that doesn't qualify, then Agent 47's garotte will do. (For the risk/reward payoff rather than the brutality)

#45 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

@Vodun said:

Land shark gun

Fuck yes! I wasn't sure what I was going to post in here until I saw this post.

#46 Posted by Gringus (67 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

@ddensel said:

Hell yeah, it's the standard for which I judge all video game shotguns.

I wholeheartedly agree with the doom standard for shotguns.

#47 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Bow and Arrow. 

#48 Posted by believer258 (12206 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@believer258 said:

A big fucking shotgun.

Actually with the right rounds you can make a shotgun into an oversized rifle if you want. Fallout New Vegas was super awesome by doing this, you could legitimately make a long range shot gun sniper rifle if you wanted... Battlefield bad company 2 is INSANE on terms of how overpowered it was, as long as you have a strait shot at someone, it is more accurate than a sniper rifle!

One weapon combo I love so very much is a red dotted sight on a 50 caliber rifle in BFBC2, I got three kills in a single shot due to how many people the shot went through at a 39 meter distance... yes... I measured how far a killshot was.

Come to think of it, a whole lot of the guns in BFBC2 felt really, really good, as in weighty and powerful. Like actual killing machines, not pellet guns.

#49 Posted by Zacagawea (1614 posts) -

FUCKING SHOTGUNS DUDE

#50 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

SBP500 from Timesplitters Future Perfect, which is basically a futuristic P90....I was a beast with it online.