#1 Posted by super2j (1696 posts) -

Playing Kingdom hearts birth by sleep I encountered some super annoying world music... i cant remember which bc I blocked it out. Recently i started a new campaign with Aqua and I just made it to disney town. And it is actually the most annoying music ever. It is actually stopping me from getting back to the game. I guess I will be playing on mute for a while, I have no idea what they were thinking.

In any case, I want to see what songs will drive you insane the more you hear it, you dont have to limit your answer to only game music but I would encourage that.

#2 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

fucking lollipop chainsaw had great music besides this

#3 Posted by UngratefulDead (72 posts) -

@animasta: I'd argue that song is still pretty great, it just got super annoying because it came up anytime you opened the store.

Anyway,

One. Million. Dollar. Budget.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -

@animasta: Wait, what? You actually like Lollipop Chainsaw in some capacity? I'm....surprised.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11943 posts) -

Well, I'm going to go for insanity-causing in an intentional way:

You know, I really love the first Dead Space. Really looking forward to Routine.

#6 Posted by JackSukeru (5913 posts) -

I was going to post Deadly Premonition's "Life is Beautiful" because it used to drive me nuts whenever it was played, but when I listened to it on youtube it was oddly....calming.

I'm afraid to think about what this means for my sanity.

#7 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I dare anyone to beat this. I stumbled upon this while emulating the US version. The PAL version didn't have a terrible soundtrack like this at all.

#8 Posted by TehBuLL (612 posts) -

Everytime I hear the battle music from Final Fantasy 2(US) my heart rate goes up because I inadvertently put that as my ringtone for work when I would get called everyday. That song is ruined.

#9 Posted by Hailinel (24830 posts) -

@tehbull said:

Everytime I hear the battle music from Final Fantasy 2(US) my heart rate goes up because I inadvertently put that as my ringtone for work when I would get called everyday. That song is ruined.

You have no one to blame for that but yourself!

On topic:

The loop of true madness.

#10 Posted by EVO (3910 posts) -

Every time I loaded NBA Jam up and was greeted with this abomination I felt like putting my fist through the wall.

#11 Posted by Sinusoidal (1520 posts) -

This tune... it's great, but wow does it ever go on and on and on and on and on....

#12 Edited by jimmyfenix (3855 posts) -

I dare anyone to beat this. I stumbled upon this while emulating the US version. The PAL version didn't have a terrible soundtrack like this at all.

I like the top comment "I love how revolutionary the PS1 was, the disc format allowed for both beautiful prerendered cutscenes, and amazing cd quality audio.

And they make this"

But seriously what the hell is this crap!?!

#13 Posted by ShaggE (6456 posts) -

@nekroskop: And that's why you should never let your cat walk on your old, dying Casio.

#14 Posted by TobbRobb (4652 posts) -

While I love the game and the music in general, this fucking song drives me insane every time I get to Junon. I hate, hate, hate this section of the game.

#15 Posted by Damodar (1392 posts) -

M-I-C! K-E-Y! M-O-U-S-E!

#16 Posted by Twinsun (477 posts) -

This song used to drive me nuts. Now I kind of like it for it's terribleness.

#17 Edited by mikeeegeee (1562 posts) -

So damn terrifying. My composure is shaken just from hearing it.

#18 Posted by Veektarius (4837 posts) -

@damodar: What have you got against Full Metal Jacket?

#19 Posted by Gangsterlax (113 posts) -

EWWWWWWW GIRLFREWND!

#21 Posted by falserelic (5437 posts) -

I'm never going to Silent Hill....

#22 Posted by SubwayD (501 posts) -

@evo said:

Every time I loaded NBA Jam up and was greeted with this abomination I felt like putting my fist through the wall.

Aw, c'mon. That song is total hype.

Gonna go dunk after hearing this. BOOMSHAKALAKA!

:(

#23 Edited by audioBusting (1549 posts) -

This was in Burnout Dominator, along with three other versions of it (in different languages). It's my favorite alright.

edit: By the way, this is where that Disney Town song came from:

...Which brings me to another game soundtrack that drives me insane (how I recognized the tune in the first place):

#24 Edited by redsoundwaves (17 posts) -

@audiobusting said:

...Which brings me to another game soundtrack that drives me insane (how I recognized the tune in the first place):

Oh man Eurobeat is so good...

#25 Edited by Gaff (1758 posts) -

#26 Posted by super2j (1696 posts) -

@gaff: oh jeez, how could i have forgotten about this.

@audiobusting: That original version is actually ok. The lyrics really help, similar thoughts on the remix. These versions arent like the kh version, a drill slowly digging their way into your skull, never yielding.

@subwayd: goddamn, that is horrible. Im sorry for what you had to experience