• 74 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Sombrero_Ninja (44 posts) -

As the topic says, my favourite would be the Bio-shock 2 double barrel shotgun, this is because the upgrades for it are just so awesome, I love revolvers and shotguns so combining them like they do in that is just a sweet combination. I bet some of you are going to say portal gun or the doom chainsaw can not argue with those choices. Anyway TELL ME YOUR FAVE!

#2 Posted by Bulby33 (645 posts) -

The full-powered Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2.

#3 Posted by living4theday258 (692 posts) -

Hmmm there's soooo many to choose from, I think its the MG42 in COD: WAW. Fucking love that gun.

#4 Posted by Sombrero_Ninja (44 posts) -

I'll also have to go with the

Experimental MIRV

Because 8 nukes is awesome

#5 Posted by Beforet (2985 posts) -

Still the Soul Reaver. After all this time.

#6 Posted by zombie2011 (5175 posts) -

The Needler, Halo 3 version.

Online
#7 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3053 posts) -

Three-way tie between the AWP from Counter Strike, the Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament, and the Spy Knife from Team Fortress 2

#8 Posted by living4theday258 (692 posts) -

@Sombrero_Ninja said:

I'll also have to go with the

Experimental MIRV

Because 8 nukes is awesome

Getting the 8 nukes is the hard part of using that thing though. :/

Aso fair warning your going to hit a 5 post limit every 24 hours, until you have 20 posts.

#9 Posted by DeadVillager (80 posts) -

Any m60 in any game ever. That gun is god's personal gift to man.

#10 Posted by ShaggE (7021 posts) -

Drunk Missile from Rise of the Triad.

#11 Posted by ssj4raditz (1156 posts) -

BFG 9000

#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8020 posts) -

Dual wield Kruger 9mm in Timesplitters: Future Perfect....I was a beast with them online.

#13 Posted by CatsAkimbo (683 posts) -

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Three-way tie between the AWP from Counter Strike, the Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament, and the Spy Knife from Team Fortress 2

AWP for sure. I love that even if I haven't played Counter-Strike for a year or more, I can still hop on a server and in 5 rounds be called out as an "AWP whore." Any one-shot-kill, hit-scan weapon is great too.

#14 Posted by Nightriff (6042 posts) -

Being able to control time from Max Payne. Best weapon is a great defense like DODGING BULLETS

#15 Posted by bunnymud (765 posts) -

Spinfusor

#16 Posted by MikeGosot (3235 posts) -

The Doom II Super Shotgun.

#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19809 posts) -

The drill in Bioshock 2. Upgrading that drill and having a build that disabled guns but enhanced plasmid powers was immensely fun.

#18 Posted by Dixavd (1465 posts) -

The Apples of Eden from Assassin's Creed. The different powerful things they can do from direct fighting to mind control, to the vast amounts of knowledge they posses. Plus, the powers that they show off are different from person to person (one of my favourites being Altair's old age ability to make all of his enemies die within a hundred metres as glowingg assassin's materialise from the sky and kill every Templar before dissipating to leave mountains of dead bodies. And with the amount of influence it has had over the course of all of history, being the driving force behind how many important people make such great disscoveries or do so well in power.

#19 Posted by Autumn_Thunder (165 posts) -

Dead Space Plasma Cutter. Rotating to dismember enemies in, say, a strategic fashion is never not fun.

#20 Edited by believer258 (12611 posts) -

@MikeGosot said:

The Doom II Super Shotgun.

Yep. And, really, shotguns in general. Too bad most of them these days are either really underpowered and never that fun to use or the ammo limit is so pathetic as to make it worthless save for certain situations or as a last resort gun.

@living4theday258 said:

@Sombrero_Ninja said:

I'll also have to go with the

Experimental MIRV

Because 8 nukes is awesome

Getting the 8 nukes is the hard part of using that thing though. :/

Aso fair warning your going to hit a 5 post limit every 24 hours, until you have 20 posts.

25 posts.

Also, eight nukes sounds awesome - and it is - but it's sort of impractical. As in, you can't use it unless you're very far away from wherever you're firing.

Online
#21 Posted by LikeaSsur (1668 posts) -

I'm gonna have to go with Dante's Rebellion. It's so simple, yet so awesome.

#22 Posted by living4theday258 (692 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@MikeGosot said:

The Doom II Super Shotgun.

Yep. And, really, shotguns in general. Too bad most of them these days are either really underpowered and never that fun to use or the ammo limit is so pathetic as to make it worthless save for certain situations or as a last resort gun.

@living4theday258 said:

@Sombrero_Ninja said:

I'll also have to go with the

Experimental MIRV

Because 8 nukes is awesome

Getting the 8 nukes is the hard part of using that thing though. :/

Aso fair warning your going to hit a 5 post limit every 24 hours, until you have 20 posts.

25 posts.

Also, eight nukes sounds awesome - and it is - but it's sort of impractical. As in, you can't use it unless you're very far away from wherever you're firing.

I could post however many I pleased at 20....... or or so i thought.

#23 Posted by believer258 (12611 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

@believer258 said:

@MikeGosot said:

The Doom II Super Shotgun.

Yep. And, really, shotguns in general. Too bad most of them these days are either really underpowered and never that fun to use or the ammo limit is so pathetic as to make it worthless save for certain situations or as a last resort gun.

@living4theday258 said:

@Sombrero_Ninja said:

I'll also have to go with the

Experimental MIRV

Because 8 nukes is awesome

Getting the 8 nukes is the hard part of using that thing though. :/

Aso fair warning your going to hit a 5 post limit every 24 hours, until you have 20 posts.

25 posts.

Also, eight nukes sounds awesome - and it is - but it's sort of impractical. As in, you can't use it unless you're very far away from wherever you're firing.

I could post however many I pleased at 20....... or or so i thought.

Nope. It was 25. You must not have posted 5 times that day or something.

Online
#24 Posted by SexyToad (2939 posts) -

Hmmm probably dual dradric swords in skyrim, it bows. Bows are awesome in every game.

#25 Posted by Slay3r1583 (669 posts) -

I would probably have to go with the railgun from Quake 3. I spent probably hundreds of hours playing InstaRail matches. A very close runner-up would have to be the shotgun from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. That is maybe more because of the experiences/memories tied to playing the game than it being an amazing weapon but it was a damn good weapon.

#26 Posted by Aegon (6573 posts) -

R.Y.N.O. V

It's an automatic missile launcher that plays overture 1812 while you're shooting it.

#27 Posted by living4theday258 (692 posts) -

@SexyToad said:

Hmmm probably dual dradric swords in skyrim, it bows. Bows are awesome in every game.

If you have dawngaurd it would be dragon bone swords as they are better than daedric items.

#28 Posted by living4theday258 (692 posts) -

@Aegon: forgot about that gun.... shit.

#29 Edited by JEC03 (922 posts) -

Max Payne 2 Dual Ingrams and FEAR 1 shotgun.

#30 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3053 posts) -
@CatsAkimbo

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Three-way tie between the AWP from Counter Strike, the Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament, and the Spy Knife from Team Fortress 2

AWP for sure. I love that even if I haven't played Counter-Strike for a year or more, I can still hop on a server and in 5 rounds be called out as an "AWP whore." Any one-shot-kill, hit-scan weapon is great too.

I learned to snipe in that game with the Scout (specialising in fast strafing headshots, love it!), so every time I'd get called an AWP Whore I would just start dropping them with headshots so the couldn't bitch anymore haha.


...man, I haven't played CS in a long time, I'm really worried that GO is going to get its claws back into me. I miss warring with a clan of cool dudes, no other FPS I've played really matches the feel of a good 5 v 5 in CS (especially not the TF2 comp scene, which fucking blows).
#31 Posted by knitlife (56 posts) -

Alien Disintegrator

#32 Posted by Video_Game_King (36567 posts) -

Gun gun. It's a gun that fires guns.

#33 Posted by TooWalrus (13303 posts) -

I'm going to say the plasma cutter from Dead Space 1 & 2. God damn if that strategic dismemberment isn't satisfying.

Online
#34 Posted by Jay444111 (2640 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

The drill in Bioshock 2. Upgrading that drill and having a build that disabled guns but enhanced plasmid powers was immensely fun.

Every single time I actually use that weapon. I yell out.

GIIIIIGAAAA!!!! DRIIIIIILLLL!!!! BREEEEEAAAAKEEEER!!!!!!!!

Every, damn, time. It just makes it ten times more awesome if you know what I am talking about.

#35 Posted by Maginnovision (509 posts) -

I really like Quake railguns. They sound great, and the trail looks good. Rocket launchers are awesome too as long as they aren't supposed to be realistic.

#36 Posted by Clonedzero (4206 posts) -

uh, never really had a gun where im like MAN I LOVE THIS GUNNNN.

so, i guess i'll vote for the Lancer from gears of war. cus its a chainsaw on a gun. a CHAINSAW on a GUN. thats pretty fucking hardcore.

#37 Posted by SmilingPig (1370 posts) -
#38 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

Manta Now there are 3 of me!

#39 Posted by Shirogane (3592 posts) -

Hidden blades from AC aren't that impressive, but it just feels so great to stab people with them!

#40 Posted by BirdkeeperDan (411 posts) -

The Lancer from Gears. Chainsawing was such a bloodrush in that first game. Also while chainsawing is not a good option in multiplayer it is fun to chainsaw bad players over and over and laugh when they flip out. Mauler from Halo 3 runner up because it was so easy to get in multiplayer.

#41 Posted by Nottle (1931 posts) -

I love shotguns in games, the ones from Left 4 Dead, Doom and Vanquish. When ever there is a shotgun I usually use those, though sadly many games have shotguns with pitiful range. I want something that is my go to weapon or something that completely destroys people.

#42 Posted by Echofoxz (106 posts) -

Any type of a silence pistol. I love a good pistol in games.

#43 Posted by mlarrabee (3189 posts) -
#44 Posted by RainDog505 (111 posts) -

Work Boots

#45 Edited by mandude (2670 posts) -

RAGE Shotgun > Doom³ Shotgun > Doom Shotgun > Other Shotguns

#46 Posted by Demoskinos (16114 posts) -

@mandude said:

RAGE Shotgun > Doom³ Shotgun > Doom Shotgun > Other Shotguns

Whoa son. Whoa. Strong words there. The Four-Barreled Bulletstorm shotgun would like to have a word with you.

#47 Posted by mandude (2670 posts) -

@Demoskinos: That did strike me as a game that would pride itself on something like shotguns. I may have to play it in 2 years time when my Steam library is emptied.

#48 Posted by RecSpec (4441 posts) -

Plasma Autorifle in TImeSplitters 2, or maybe U-1's Gitaroo.

Online
#49 Posted by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

I love the Spinfusor from the Tribes games, and also the Doom 2 super shotgun.

#50 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (688 posts) -

The shotgun and the bullseye in the Resistance series, and the Mace of Molag Bal in Skyrim