• 189 results
#1 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (4917 posts) -

My most played game according to the stats page, is Modern Warfare 2 with 48 day on record. That equates to 1,152 Hours spent air package glitching, model duel wielding, unlimited ammo shooting, dumb 12th prestige lobbing, buddy boosting. That game had so many things wrong with it but is still played the crap out of multiplayer. The game was best when it was broken.

Though as a child i did not have a perception but i probably spent 1,000's of Hours playing Pokemon, Gold Version.

#2 Posted by Blackmoore (254 posts) -

World of Warcraft. Over 100 days easily.

#3 Posted by CaLe (3952 posts) -

Counter-Strike or WoW. Ruined my life entirely. I'm still picking up the pieces.

#4 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

It must be minecraft. I've been playing that game a ton.

#5 Posted by MentalDisruption (1622 posts) -

Neverwinter Nights. I can't even imagine the amount of time I racked up on that game over the years I played regularly.

#6 Edited by EquitasInvictus (2025 posts) -

I don't think I've played any game more than I played The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Don't remember the exact time, but it was in the hundreds over multiple playthroughs which started on Xbox 360 and then carried over to PC when I felt like I didn't have enough and decided to bloat it with mods. I had soooo much more time, back then.

Although even before then I had multiple playthroughs of GTA: Vice City, the last playthrough of which I actually got 100% completion in, so that might also be up there.

#7 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7076 posts) -

WoW for sure.

#8 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11613 posts) -

At this point it's probably League of Legends. I'm more than certain I've sunk a couple hundred hours into it thus far.

#9 Edited by MyNiceIceLife (618 posts) -

It's a toss up between Call of Duty United Offensive Multiplayer and World of Warcraft.

#10 Posted by Winternet (8013 posts) -

I don't know actually. I spent a lot of time with RTSs earlier in my youth. AoE, Warcraft, C&C, Total Annihilation and their derivatives. I also spent ton of times in GTA games, as well as Broken Sword games. And SimCity games. Counter Strike. But, I can't name one specific that rises above the rest. They're all in the hundreds of hours, though.

#11 Posted by TyCobb (1966 posts) -

FFXI

#12 Edited by mrfluke (5130 posts) -

Oblivion, logged over 200 hours

#13 Posted by StarvingGamer (8134 posts) -

Probably WoW

#14 Edited by korkesh (133 posts) -

easily WoW, at least 100 days if not way more than that

#15 Edited by loudgeekjr (19 posts) -

Crusader Kings 2... damn vassals and stupid heirs

#16 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5402 posts) -

I've gotten countless hours out of the Pokémon games over the years. If I actually had a play time, it'd easily have taken up several weeks of my life. As far as a single game I have a play time for, Skyrim would be it. I've logged in somewhere between 260 and 300 hours over multiple characters.

Fuck, where has my life gone? Glad I never got into MMOs.

#17 Posted by SMTDante89 (2563 posts) -

Probably one of the Rock Band games (either 2 or 3) With all that DLC and multiple instruments to play, those were games I could go back to time and again and not get bored, bonus for getting me into bands/artists I may not have given the time of day to listen to or maybe would have never heard of without Rock Band. Thank God the Rock Band Network is still going strong to keep the fun going.

#18 Posted by believer258 (11785 posts) -

I don't know for sure. Oblivion and Skyrim have some pretty hefty playtimes in them. I usually say "Star Wars Battlefront" when this question comes up, though, as my brother and I played that pretty regularly for several years in a row. We would switch between it and the second one when the second one came out.

Other than that, Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal. It's a 20-30 hour game where each weapon gets experience and levels up ten times. There's something in the ballpark of 20 weapons, I think. I leveled up every single one of those weapons to max with new game plus's, did everything I could in the game every time, etc. I don't know exactly how long I played that game but I put some serious time into it as well.

Finally, Halo 3, which like Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, I played regularly for years, pretty much until Reach came out.

#19 Posted by Sisyphean (73 posts) -

I've put 1500+ hours into the online of Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The online is/was amazing and one of the most unique, fun, and challenging games I've ever played (thanks in part to some excellent mod work). I don't have an exact time count, but I spent a year or two playing a lot of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, as well. The rest of the games I've played probably don't break 500 hours, but several come close to doing so.

#20 Posted by JJOR64 (18955 posts) -

All the carnations of Street Fighter 4. Over 800+ hours easily.

#21 Posted by shinboy630 (1134 posts) -

The first Guild Wars with over 2700 hours. Guild Wars 2 is catching up though (at 1200 hours currently). I clearly don't like what Anet does.

#22 Posted by Carryboy (641 posts) -

I played a ton of warcraft 3 back in the day, but probably ssf4, ive racked up about 2000 hours with it.

#23 Posted by EuanDewar (4885 posts) -

I don't know for sure. Oblivion and Skyrim have some pretty hefty playtimes in them. I usually say "Star Wars Battlefront" when this question comes up, though, as my brother and I played that pretty regularly for several years in a row. We would switch between it and the second one when the second one came out.

Other than that, Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal. It's a 20-30 hour game where each weapon gets experience and levels up ten times. There's something in the ballpark of 20 weapons, I think. I leveled up every single one of those weapons to max with new game plus's, did everything I could in the game every time, etc. I don't know exactly how long I played that game but I put some serious time into it as well.

Finally, Halo 3, which like Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2, I played regularly for years, pretty much until Reach came out.

Yo for real no joke this is exactly me like jesus christ. I loved the shit out of Ratchet 3 and Halo 3.

Also WoW.

#24 Edited by HH (609 posts) -

I don't know for sure. Oblivion and Skyrim have some pretty hefty playtimes in them. I usually say "Star Wars Battlefront" when this question comes up, though

well hey, these are my contenders. i've got about 800 hours on skyrim after a year and a half, oblivion must be way more than that, even though i never went godlike with a character, i made so many over those years, and as for battlefront, i played through a galactic conquest once for every class in every army, using just that class, at least once, became expert at aiming those grenade lob weapons - combined with that ammo/health skill I used to clean up with the tie fighter pilot, best class ever. battlefront 2 prevented me from doing that with the unlock system, just one of the reasons i like it less (i also way prefer the atmosphere in 1).

#25 Posted by The_Grindilow (430 posts) -

According to Raptr (it does have a use after all!) I put 218 hours into Fifa12, played it alot with mates. Other than that it's 100 hours in Skyrim. I don't get the time nowadays to get the 1000's some of you guys manage to pump in to games (very jealous). I'm pretty sure back in the day with Runescape/WoW and Guild Wars i'd have been very close to the 1000 hour mark.

Also used to play a TONNE of MOH Allied Assault too, literally 4-5 hours a night for a good 1-2 years, so that puts me right up there.

#26 Edited by WickedCobra03 (2103 posts) -

Ever? Probably either Halo 1 or Halo 2. I just played a ton of Halo:CE over XBconnect and with friends, and then Halo 2 being online and having a fantastic following as well as long support until it was shut down, I was playing on the day XBL was shut down for the original Xbox. Couldn't tell you the hours, but probably went into the weeks mark at least.

#27 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Halo2 and Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast).

I had several chracters on PSO, with a couple clocking up 500 hours each.

#28 Edited by Chibithor (574 posts) -

WoW easy, but I did reach 1000hrs of Dota 2 on Steam and TF2 is almost at 500, though I haven't played in a long while. I also have a 200hrs+ on my Advance Wars: Dual Strike save and I recall putting a lot of time into several playthroughs of Tales of Symphonia. Smash Bros Melee is probably up there as well, maybe Brawl? I think those are the games where I've reached a 100 hours.

#29 Posted by Iodine (546 posts) -

It's likely either starcraft, Pokemanz, TF2, or Alpha Centauri/SimGolf

#30 Edited by Nodima (1164 posts) -

As a kid I beat Final Fantasy VIII about 15 times, I had a see-through green memory card specifically for FFVIII saves. I played low-level runs, level 100 runs, all GF runs, only mainline GF runs, all ultimate weapons no ultimate weapons and everything in between. I remember at least 4 games eclipsing 100 hours, I'd guess most ended around the 70 hour mark. Taking the easy way out and assuming each session was 80 hours, I spent 1,200 or so hours on a mostly linear RPG.

Perhaps my combined time with Madden/NCAA football 2005 would surpass it (I played every game of each season on each game through 8 seasons at 10 minute quarters, plus all the online matches with friends), but no single game I can think of could possibly come close. I could wager I spent 1,000 on each of those games individually, though. Easily.

#31 Edited by ReddenBlack (122 posts) -

probably the original tony hawk pro skater, or possibly snes mario kart

#32 Posted by TooWalrus (13159 posts) -

World of Warcraft. Over 100 days easily.

Indeed.

#33 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2434 posts) -

I want to say Grand Theft Auto III

#34 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

Probably City of Heroes. Played so many hours on so many alts. Spent several weeks over the years just playing it all day, sleeping a few hours at night, then getting up the next day and doing it all again. God dam I miss that game.

#35 Posted by CornBREDX (5091 posts) -
#36 Edited by DBrim (124 posts) -

I put in about 250 hours into Burnout: Paradise.

#37 Posted by JadeGL (817 posts) -

Probably a tie between City of Heroes and Star Trek Online. MMOs just tend to be time sucks. In a single player game, probably Diablo 2 or Skyrim.

#38 Posted by biggiedubs (493 posts) -

Timesplitters 3

Spent a hell of a lot of time building tracks to race around in jeeps in. That and the remote controlled cats.

#39 Posted by CaptCommando4 (17 posts) -

@strikealight: Sigh I just started a play through of PSO this weekend on my GameCube...it doesn't take much for me to fall down that dark hole again.

#40 Posted by Marino (4653 posts) -

EverQuest

Over a year of actual play time.

Staff
#41 Posted by Dalai (7017 posts) -

I would guess I spent about 1000-1500 hours playing SimCity 4. That's about 2 whole months straight.

What have I done with my life?

#42 Edited by skipper00 (61 posts) -

I think mine is Soul Edge for the PS1. I got it for my 7th or 8th birthday. I think its the only fighting game I will ever be good at.

#43 Posted by glacialhelmnun (52 posts) -

tetris

#44 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6147 posts) -

Civ V's gotta be getting close, and I'm sure the upcoming expansion will push it into the number 1 spot, but for now, I'd say it's a toss-up between New Vegas and Disgaea 4, both of which I've probably put in close to 200 hours apiece. Minecraft would probably be up there too, but not quite as much as those.

#45 Edited by Tarsier (1057 posts) -

top 5 most played games according to my estimate

1. quake 3 arena

2. starcraft brood war

3. neverwinter nights

4. minecraft

5. l4d1/2

#46 Edited by Scratch (628 posts) -

According to steam, these are my top 3.

Skyrim: 239hrs and still haven't finished it. I'll get back into it, once I've finished Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3.

L4D: 238hrs. I really don't know how I've spent that much time in this game. But steam claims I have so...

L4D2: 181hrs. Hmm, who could've guessed?

#48 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Everquest, though my 40 days played pales in comparison to Marino's.

I put 115 hours into FFX which seemed like a lot at the time, but I'm at 90 on MH3U right now so I'll probably top it.

#49 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Single player games: 250 odd hours on Front Mission 3. In a single playthrough of a game Skyrim and Morrowind are both around 140-150, with Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest VIII also being fairly high on that list. Of course these are still only 10-25% about as much time as I've spent on a few different MMOs individually, but there's people with ~1000 days played in WoW, it's not so much a game as it is an extension of their lives; a second job sure but also just a second existence entirely (some people are like this with Facebook et al. so by society standards I guess it's not that bizarre), but still 8 hours a day for 9 years is a little crazy to me; even as someone who has played MMOs and spent the time it takes to not only be good at them (a fairly trifling accomplishment) but also to have the gear to back up that minimal skill requisite.

Playing MMOs or any game for long periods of time for a brief section, immediately after a patch or release, makes sense to me, but playing WoW or whatever endlessly every day for longer than say a month (which could well wind up with you being over 100 days played if you kept buying every expansion for some strange reason) still strikes me as ridiculous.

In terms of regular old multiplayer games I spent say 2500 hours on Starcraft: Brood War over the course of 10-11 years. I've tried and become good at various multiplayer genres but almost all of those stints were less than 100 hours in length; once you're good at the game at some point it just gets dry no matter what game it is. Unless, of course, there's a wealth of creativity amongst the playerbase to refresh the game but doesn't look like that's ever going to happen again with Indy games and more heavily corporate company schemes in mapmaking/editing.

#50 Posted by Teoball (591 posts) -

The first Guild Wars. about 3000 hours I think. I found a great guild that I was in for 3 years.
In the end I felt like I just logged in every night to chat for a bit and didn't care about the game at all. Then some of the people I chatted the most with quit, so I did too.