• 82 results
#1 Posted by AcidBrandon18 (747 posts) -

October is shaping up to be a pretty busy month as far as game releases go and I was curious on what title you guys would buy if you could only buy one game that month. I feel Evolve is the go-to game that month.

#2 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1709 posts) -

Well, it was Dragon Age, but I guess now that's my November game. As far as the games that still remain in October, there aren't any I'm 100% sold on yet. There are three that I am interested in, but more in a "wait to see what the reviews are like first" sense.

In order they are:

• Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Evolve
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11068 posts) -

Shadow of Mordor, and AC Unity, if that is an October game (thought it was November?). And HashtagDRIVECLUB is going to be somewhat free on PS+, so I'll play the free version of that, at least.

I have no interest in playing Evolve, Destiny's going to be my online shooter of the fall.

#4 Edited by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

Alien: Isolation

#5 Posted by probablytuna (3671 posts) -

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor if it's any good, otherwise I think I'll still be playing Destiny during October.

#6 Edited by BigSocrates (363 posts) -

Shadow of Mordor looks AMAZING, but so does Evolve. I will probably get them both and justify it because one is single player focused and the other is multiplayer focused.

If I had to choose probably shadow of mordor. Something about that game is just extremely enticing.

#7 Posted by A_E_Martin (228 posts) -

Alien: Isolation, though I'll probably end up getting Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor as well.

#8 Posted by Illuminosopher (328 posts) -

Bayonetta 2

#9 Posted by csl316 (8707 posts) -

Leaning more and more towards Mordor.

#10 Edited by CorruptedEvil (3417 posts) -

Hopefully I'll still be playing Destiny, but it will be probably be AC Unity and Shadow of Mordor (even with my complete apathy to LOTR lore) as well as working through whatever games have been released for PS4 earlier in the year (currently consisting of Infamous and a bunch of indies).

#11 Posted by Flappy (2263 posts) -

With Dragon Age bumped up to November, I have nothing to buy in October.

Oh well!

#12 Posted by GunstarRed (5195 posts) -

It's a horrible month for games. In a lot of cases it just comes down to what I'd like to play more. Bayonetta is the only certainty. The Evil Within and Evolve are high on my list. It's probably a good thing actually. With the prices being what they are in the UK it makes being a little pickier in what to buy a lot easier.

#13 Posted by HatKing (5958 posts) -

Dead Space, I play it every October.

#14 Edited by syz (252 posts) -

P4U2 on September 30th, so I won't get it until October...

Smash Bros 3DS is Oct. 3rd I believe? I think that's all I have for the month. Will still have July/August/September games to play.

#15 Posted by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

Smash Bros. for 3DS, of course.

#16 Posted by nasp (315 posts) -

was going to be dragon age until it was delayed.theres nothing else in october im wanting to buy.so i guess ill keep playing diablo 3 and destiny.

#17 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4213 posts) -
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • The Walking Dead GoTY
  • Assassin's Creed Unity
  • Lords of the Fallen
  • Sunset Overdrive

Probably minus one..

#18 Posted by armaan8014 (5406 posts) -

Unity, middle earth

#19 Posted by TobbRobb (4654 posts) -

Shadows of Mordor, maybe it'll be the time I get Wii U for Bayonetta, but probably not.

#20 Posted by falserelic (5439 posts) -

The Evil Within.

I want to know what's inside...and what lies at the end of it.

#21 Posted by BradBrains (958 posts) -

Alien or wwe 2k if they show signs of improving.

Hasn't beena. Big year for me for new releases for me. I also don't own a ps4 :(

#22 Posted by BeachThunder (11961 posts) -
#23 Posted by smcn (926 posts) -

Beyond Earth.

#24 Posted by MannyMAR (457 posts) -

Since they pushed back Dragon Age, it looks like Shadow of Mordor for me. I'm not a big LotR fan, but they're doing some cool stuff with that game. Hopefully I won't be all fantasied out by the time DA:I comes out.

#25 Posted by Entreri10 (202 posts) -

It was going to be DA but now it'll likely either be Shadow of Mordor or Assassin's Creed, although I Evolve might take it if I have a good crew to play with consistently.

#26 Posted by Superkenon (1438 posts) -

Smaasssh Bros. 3DS!!

I'll be playing hella Persona 4 Arena Ultimax too, though it technically releases at the very end of September.

#27 Posted by TheHT (11300 posts) -
@flappy said:

Oh well!

Apparently Shadow of Mordor got bumped the other way to September, so there really is nothing for me to buy in October now.

#28 Edited by Chumley_Marchbanks (129 posts) -
#29 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (420 posts) -

With Dragon Age out of the way, Assassin's Creed is definitely my most anticipated game of the month. But even with that one delay it's a fucking nightmare of a month. So much stuff.

#30 Posted by Yummylee (21695 posts) -

@theht said:
@flappy said:

Oh well!

Apparently Shadow of Mordor got bumped the other way to September, so there really is nothing for me to buy in October now.

Still an October release in the UK, though.

That said, The Evil Within is my only assured purchase. I'm pretty heavily interested in Shadow of Mordor & Alien: Isolation all the same, but I may wait for the pricing to drop a little before I get those.

#31 Edited by SomberOwl (674 posts) -
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Sunset Overdrive
#32 Posted by Schlorgan (217 posts) -

I had Dragon Age, Batman Arkham Knight and Battlefield Hardline preordered for October but now it's just Shadow of Mordor and only because everything else got delayed.

#33 Posted by xyzygy (9999 posts) -

Depending on whether I decide to get an Xbox One or Wii U, it'll either be Shadow of Morder or Bayonetta 2.

#34 Posted by Krataur (363 posts) -

Civilization: Beyond Earth and Assassin's Creed Unity (assuming the PC version releases in October).

#35 Posted by Rafaelfc (1349 posts) -

Alien: Isolation

The Evil Within

Evolve

Fantasy Life

Assassin's Creed Unity

Lords of the Fallen

Are all games I will DEFINITELY play, How on earth will I find the time to fit in all that sinister amount of gaming remains to be seen.

#36 Edited by SunBroZak (1119 posts) -

Not decided yet, but I will be upholding my tradition of playing a horror game in October, so if either Alien: Isolation or The Evil Within turn out to be good I'll be playing those.

#37 Posted by Marcsman (3202 posts) -

EVOLVE

#38 Posted by Jeust (10658 posts) -

The Evil Within.

I want to know what's inside...and what lies at the end of it.

And amazing graphics and art style.

#39 Posted by jiggajoe14 (693 posts) -

Horror games take precedence for me for that month (I did finish Dark Souls last October. That was certainly horrifying in the beatdowns it gave me at times lol). I'll probably finally play the Outlast DLC, Evil Within, Alien: Isolation. I am such a wimp so it should be a fun time for me.

#40 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5055 posts) -
#41 Posted by Tyrrael (226 posts) -

Destiny is probably going to take up all of September and a considerable amount of time after that. I wouldn't be surprised if I played it for at least a few months. I'm really enjoying the beta, and it's just a small sampling of what this game has to offer.

#42 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5268 posts) -

Assassin's Creed. I can't not play a console Assassin's Creed.

#43 Posted by Sterling (2329 posts) -

I have a feeling Shadow of Mordor is getting delayed soon also. But if not, that. And NBA 2k15 and Lords of the Fallen. Anything else that month will be picked up later on the cheap next year.

#44 Edited by A_E_Martin (228 posts) -

@sterling: It's highly unlikely that it will be delayed, since they just moved up its release date by a week, as was already mentioned in this thread.

#45 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5536 posts) -

Alien and Unity are what I'm looking forward to most.

#46 Posted by Sterling (2329 posts) -

@a_e_martin: Nah, it will still get delayed. Some time in late August or early September. Don Bradman demands it.

#47 Posted by PatODay (221 posts) -

Evolve, easily.

#48 Posted by MikaelBoogart (102 posts) -

Nothing announced for October interests me. Unless there are games announced that I don't know about. Which there most certainly are. Or games I know about but don't know at this point that I want them because I don't know what they are exactly. My favorite games are almost never the ones I know about ahead of time.

Holding about hope for Mew-Genics. Mew-Genics for 2014. Please. I need.

#49 Posted by StarvingGamer (8257 posts) -

Right now I'm interested in Shadow of Mordor, Beyond Earth, Unity, and Bayonetta(?) if that ever gets a release date.

#50 Posted by flameboy84 (174 posts) -

Well it was going to be Dragon Age...so now I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. Not gonna get Unity straight away as still have Black Flag to play. Not all that interested in Evolve especially with Destiny still being relatively new at that point,. Aliens I'm gonna hold off on just because of Colonial Marines (yep can't help but worry still), I guess Sunset Overdrive is out in October but that's not until 28th October. Badly need something new for Extra Life on 26th so am now considering Shadow or Mordor.